Vince Carter to the Knicks?

NYKnicks15

Starter
Deal being discussed right now is

New York gets Vince Carter
Miami gets Eddy Curry
and New Jersey gets the expiring contracts of Jason Williams & Ricky Davis

THAT would be the centerpieces. New York will still have to give up rough 3-5 million and Miami would have to pick up the same. A few other pieces are rumored to be involved in this trade but at this point this deal is very likely.

isiah stated the idea is not to get undercap cause we are already on schedule for that BUT to add players to add wins... OKKKKKK then.

itll be interesting to see what the other pieces in this deal are. also carters deal runs up in 10... the year lebron becomes a free agent anyway..

itll be interesting to see what the other pieces in this deal are. also carters deal runs up in 10... the year lebron becomes a free agent anyway..

His contract is done after the 2010-2011 season with a team option for 2011-2012.

This deal better not be made but with the people that run this organization and Isiah's hard on for Carter will anyone be surprised if it goes through?

GetRealistic

Starter
Simple fix to me.

Williams
Davis

for

Curry

Heat get what they want and we get the cap space and minutes for Lee, Balkman, and James. And yes i know i just used Jerome James.

The only thing that scares me is giving Curry to Riley (a great big man teacher) and the Heat for nothing. If Curry every puts it together he could haunt us for awhile, but thats a big IF.

I'd rather trade him out west but i don't think you could turn it down.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Simple fix to me.

Williams
Davis

for

Curry

Heat get what they want and we get the cap space and minutes for Lee, Balkman, and James. And yes i know i just used Jerome James.

The only thing that scares me is giving Curry to Riley (a great big man teacher) and the Heat for nothing. If Curry every puts it together he could haunt us for awhile, but thats a big IF.

c/s, its very unlikely Curry will develop into what he should be at this point. Even Pat Riley cant turn Curry into a star. I would be very happy if Williams and Davis got traded for Curry, it is a quick but good fix.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I agree, Knicks get Williams, and Davis for Curry.

But look what the Nets are starting to do... They are starting over, basically brand new, there player they will build around Richard Jefferson, and develope Devin Harris's game.

Starks

Starter
I don't like this. It seems as if the Knicks never learn. Sign and trade for players on the UPSIDE of their career's not the downside.

I've watched a few NET games this year and let me tell you, VC is never ever ever ever going to be the player we remember him for. He's not a leader and looks like he is on the "My game is slipping away, but I don't care because I;m getting paid" cruise control mode. Many Net fans really soured on him for this and want him gone as well.

Thats a bad contract right there, and these are the type of moves that have sealed Isiaha as one of the worst GMs in the history of sports.

Curry Sucks, but dont trade him for a contract like that. wow. its the same feeling i got before the Steve Francis trade happened

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Curry Sucks, but dont trade him for a contract like that. wow. its the same feeling i got before the Steve Francis trade happened
Except the fact that we basically gave the Magic Penny Hardaways millions of dollars contract( was is like 12 million or something) that expired, and the Magic got what they wanted, a young player(now on the Lakers), and a expiring contract, they used to sign Rashard Lewis. :). Knicks suck, by the way I think the same will happen, and trade is on the way, Isiah Thomas loves great players on loosing teams, he is an idiot basically.

I guess we will see tomorrow what will unfold in the next chapter of this New York Knicks horror, but on the brighter side I hope I see Artest in a Knicks jersey Friday against the Raptors.

youpddd

Rookie
i think the heat would much rather have the cap space by keeping wiliams and davis. i think they would not mind trading dorrel wright and mark blount for eddy curry though. we can also add a young guy from our team into the trade and it will still work.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The only reason why I would be happy if we got Vince Carter is so I can make the trade on 2K8, im following along with the season but im a week and a half behind rite now. It would be nice to have Vince only for that reason, but if Isiah acquires Vince I will kill myself, I know at this point that I cant change my favorite team murderin myself would be the best left option.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I just got one thing to say. F!ck V.C.! Why would we want him on our team? We already got Jamal who can score and Jones who can defend. The shooting guard position is not an area we need help in. Offense is not an area we are lacking. The Knicks shoot a good fg% collectively, and 94 ppg is good enough to be a succeful team in this league. The Knicks during the Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks and Harper days were not a high scoring team, but they threw some D on that b*tch.The Knicks during Ewing,Johnson, Camby, Spewell, Houston, Ward, and Childs also were not high scoring, but they threw some D on that b*tch. That's exactly what the Knicks need. We don't need offense, we don't need huge contracts, we need D. A good point guard with D and ESPECIALLY a good center with D is what we need.If we can get a point guard or Center that can score and has D, even better, but D is what we need most.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Simple fix to me.

Williams
Davis

for

Curry

Great trade idea! As long as we don't gotta stay with Curry or get Carter, I'm fine with it. Another trade I don't want is Crawford for Hughes. I don't like players that get paid to wear suits on the bench. We need guys who can handle an 82 game season.The trades I fear most are the following: Carter to the Knicks(will destroy our cap even more) and Hughes to the Knicks(will make Cleveland even more of a contender than they are) and Randolph to Miami(will make Miami a playoff team again).

paris401

Starter
i doubt we will get rid of any of our shit... unless we take back shit with a longer contract... 24 hrs before the trading deadline...tick...tick...tick...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
He can score, but not efficiently. I think Carter at this point is still far better then Crawford, but I dont want to hear the words "Knicks" and Vince Carters contract" in the same sentence. That would be a candidate for worst trade of the year.