Thread: Vince Carter to the Knicks?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Simple fix to me.

Williams
    Davis

for

Curry

Heat get what they want and we get the cap space and minutes for Lee, Balkman, and James. And yes i know i just used Jerome James.

The only thing that scares me is giving Curry to Riley (a great big man teacher) and the Heat for nothing. If Curry every puts it together he could haunt us for awhile, but thats a big IF.

I'd rather trade him out west but i don't think you could turn it down.
    Great trade idea! As long as we don't gotta stay with Curry or get Carter, I'm fine with it. Another trade I don't want is Crawford for Hughes. I don't like players that get paid to wear suits on the bench. We need guys who can handle an 82 game season.The trades I fear most are the following: Carter to the Knicks(will destroy our cap even more) and Hughes to the Knicks(will make Cleveland even more of a contender than they are) and Randolph to Miami(will make Miami a playoff team again).

Nah I don't think this is going to happen.
    Several media sources refuted it and even Riley said it was - in his own words, "Bull****"
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Dolan is planning to fire Isiah at the end of the season - and wants him to suffer through the humiliation of the last 29 games - there's no way he'll allow him to add VC, $50mil contract

Veteran

i doubt we will get rid of any of our ****... unless we take back **** with a longer contract... 24 hrs before the trading deadline...tick...tick...tick...

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    We already got Jamal who can score
    well since jamal only scores on odd days, we can use carter on even days...

He can score, but not efficiently. I think Carter at this point is still far better then Crawford, but I dont want to hear the words "Knicks" and Vince Carters contract" in the same sentence. That would be a candidate for worst trade of the year.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    He can score, but not efficiently. I think Carter at this point is still far better then Crawford, but I dont want to hear the words "Knicks" and Vince Carters contract" in the same sentence. That would be a candidate for worst trade of the year.
    Are you kidding?..how would that be a bad trade..granted Carters knees aren't in best shape....he is still better then crawford..matter of fact...Carter >> Whole knicks roster...name one guy on the knicks better then carter?

Originally Posted by chaos147
    Are you kidding?..how would that be a bad trade..granted Carters knees aren't in best shape....he is still better then crawford..matter of fact...Carter >> Whole knicks roster...name one guy on the knicks better then carter?
    I cant name anyone on the Knicks better then Carter but his contract is real bad for a player who is clearly slowin down. I said he was better then Crawford, easily. I agree with you there but were best off goin with short term contracts. We already have to many 3-5 year contracts, adding more would be Isiah-like.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I cant name anyone on the Knicks better then Carter but his contract is real bad for a player who is clearly slowin down. I said he was better then Crawford, easily. I agree with you there but were best off goin with short term contracts. We already have to many 3-5 year contracts, adding more would be Isiah-like.
    Oh ok i see where your going ...yeah in that sense your right... any predictions against philly tonight?

I don't know the details but Kurt Thomas is close to be trading to the Spurs. I hate the Spurs but Kurt deserves to play for a contender.

Also Artest is coming to the Knicks guys, ateast not till the offseason. I actually heard he might be going to the Spurs.

Originally Posted by chaos147
    Oh ok i see where your going ...yeah in that sense your right... any predictions against philly tonight?
    I think im gonna spark a philly, instead of watchin philly and the Knicks. Ill wait til the 4th quarter to spark that philly, but i think the 76ers will win this one.

I don't know the details but Kurt Thomas is close to be trading to the Spurs. I hate the Spurs but Kurt deserves to play for a contender.

Also Artest is coming to the Knicks guys, ateast not till the offseason. I actually heard he might be going to the Spurs.
    If the Spurs get Artest and Kurt Thomas I will have to root for them.

Artest IS? coming or is not?

My bad. Not comin

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Okay the VC trade, good thing the trade wont happen according to Riley, I made a last second trade. Expiring contracts, and Artest is what this team needs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Minnesota
    Incoming Players:Quincy Douby,Randolph Morris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford,Fred Jones, 2 2nd round pick from SAC 08-09

Outgoing Players:Michael Doleac, Theo Ratliff, Rashad McCants, Ryan Gomes

Sacramento
    Incoming Players:Eddy Curry, Ryan Gomes, Renaldo Balkman

Outgoing Players:Quincy Douby, Ron Artest, 2nd round pick 08-09

New York
    Incoming Players:Michael Doleac, Theo Ratliff, Rashad McCants, Ron Artest

Outgoing Players:Randolph Morris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Renaldo Balkman, Eddy Curry, Fred Jones

haha Come on man. Seriously open that link and ask yourself why would Minnesota or Sacramento do those trades, then get back to me.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

I am not Isiah Thomas, I don't make trades that are not in my favor, ever!!

I make trades that benefit this team. I am a true fan, that wants to best for the team.

You say the same things whenever you see my trades, just ignore it.. I know your opinions about people that are younger then you.