Vince Carter to the Knicks?

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
You nailed it right on the head GetRealistic.
I LOVE Marbury. I am wearing his sneakers right now and I feel he is the best player on the team. That being said Williams and Marbury cannot be compared. Its nice to put up numbers in the regular season. And Steph is such a fun player to watch, he reps the fuck outta NYC, hes a rugged in your face point guard with a great skill set.

But to say he is BETTER than Williams? Maybe you are talking about Jason Williams?

And take that Pic of the Mac Down MSG... That alone makes it hard for me to take u seriously..lol

Realistic 'n Bleed spitting truth where as MSG and Metrotard, as usual, are choking on their own bullshit.

Marbury better then Deron Williams??? hahahahahaha That's like calling MSG and Metrotard, Hemingway and Fitzgerald.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury in his prime and so far what he has accomplished in the NBA > Deron Williams.

Marbury has 6,396 assist, 22nd of all time in NBA history.
Career top 10 of all in assist per game, behind Stockon, Magic, Johnson, Kidd, Robertson, Hardaway etc...

This season doesn't count really, so comparing Williams vs Marbury this year is senseless. Marbury's 1st three years > Williams. Marbury's career > Williams. Individually there isn't much of a debate.

But there will be an idiot who will say something simplistic and unoriginal like "Williams made it to the Western Conference Finals". Yeh, thats great; my nigga Shandon Anderson made it to the Finals and got a ring to show for it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marbury in his prime and so far what he has accomplished in the NBA > Deron Williams.

Marbury has 6,396 assist, 22nd of all time in NBA history.
Career top 10 of all in assist per game, behind Stockon, Magic, Johnson, Kidd, Robertson, Hardaway etc...

This season doesn't count really, so comparing Williams vs Marbury this year is senseless. Marbury's 1st three years > Williams. Marbury's career > Williams. Individually there isn't much of a debate.

But there will be an idiot who will say something simplistic and unoriginal like "Williams made it to the Western Conference Finals". Yeh, thats great; my nigga Shandon Anderson made it to the Finals and got a ring to show for it.

EC win/loss record = 0-217, still lookin for that first win

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Alright lets get something straight Marbury overall career sure. But thats like saying Deron been in the league a long time. Deron ain't even in his prime yet.
You want to argue for marbury with all those stats, f**k does he have to show for it? Deron is like 23 or something and HES ALREADY A LEADER on that team which is coached by tough ass Jerry Sloan! The Vanilla nigga calling people out when sh*t ain't right and getting some results.

It took Marbury a squabble with KG, a stint with the Nets and Suns and a couple of seasons with the Knicks to develop some leadership. Unfortunately now his joke of a coach is using him as a scapegoatand believe me I sympathize for him, I would quit on this team two. And most certainly if he was playing right now Knicks are at least 7 - 10 games better. But all the drama with Larry Brown, and getting into s**t with Garnett, K. Thomas, Van Horn and Q. When he should be calling out that fat piece of crap we call our "Centerpiece." Stats alone are no indicator of winning players. Character and Leadership makes your teammates better and that equals wins.

And Blogga Please! Devean George and a bunch of other lame ass ballers got rings. So whats your point? Difference is Deron ain't no scrub, he is half of "Williams to Boozer." Deron getting compared to Paul. Jason Kidd sonned Marbury so many times in their days ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. Quit hating on my mormon niggas G.

youpddd

Rookie
Stephon Marbury is the best player to ever play basketball. Sure he's never won a championship, let alone a playoff series but people are just sleeping on how good of a player and leader he is.

I mean look how good the Knicks have been since we got Starbury. We've competed for a title every season. It's nothing but a big conspiracy that ever team he's ever left has gotten better. David Sten and all the Isiahsexuals are just tryng to bash the best player in the league.

He's the man. He's articulate, gives back to the community, hates his teammates, and quits on his team. Thats a dynamic combination.

Just look at the stats from ten years ago and it proves Marbury is the man.

Marbury is better then Deron Williams get the fuck outta here.

that was one of the funniest things i ever read

nyk_nyk

All Star
Here we go again with the Marbury jock strap sniffers. I can't believe people are even comparing marbury and williams. They are both great players but the difefrence is that D. Williams is a true point and WILL get other players open shots EVERY GAME. You could easily say that Marbury is still in his prime because he's only 31 but I bet you the majority of coaches on the league would prefer Williams over Marbury because he makes better decisions overall. Deron is averaging 19pts 10 assts in only his third year and will continue going to the playoffs.

One thing I realized was that Steph had KG in Min and Deron has Boozer in Utah. We all know that KG is a much better player than Boozer but yet still, Deron has his team competing for a championship already. I'm not saying that Marbury is a bad player. Actually he's one of the better point guards in the game, but he's not better than D. Williams at least right now. Please no one even try to do a C.Paul Steph comparison because we don't need any stats to know that Marbury will lose that debate hands down.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/marbust01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/willide01.html
Marbury Stats First 3 years vs. Deron Wiliams First 2.5 Years

Year 1:
Steph:
1996-97: 67 games,minutes per game:35, FG%-41%, 3P%-35%, FT%-73%, FTA-5, PPG-15.8, Steals per game:1, APG:7.8, RPG-2.7.

DW:
2005-06: 80 games, 30 MPG, FG%-42%, 3P%-42%, FT%-70%, FTAPG-1.7, PPG-10.8, SPG-.8, APG-4.5, RPG-2.4
Marbury Wins Year 1 by score of 6 stats to 2.

Year 2:
Steph:
1997-98: 82 games, 38 minutes per game, FG%-42%, 3P%-32% FT%-73% FTA Per Game-5.5, PPG-17.7, Steals per game-1.3, APG-8.6, RPG-2.8

DW:
2006-07: 80 Games, 37 MPG, FG%-46%, 3P%-31%, FT%-77%, FTAPG-3.7, PPG-16.2, SPG-1, APG-9.3, RPG-3.3
Year 2-tie 4-4

Year 3:
Steph:
1998-99-(T-Wolves, Nets): 49 games, Minutes per game-39, FG%-43%, 3P%-34%, FT%-80%, FTAPG-5.7, PPG-21.3, SPG-1.2, APG-8.9, RPG-3

DW:
2007-08-56 games, 37 MPG, FG%-51%, 3P%-39%, FT%-79%,FTAPG-5, PPG-19.3, SPG-1.1, APG-9.7, RPG-3
Marbury Wins Year 3: 4-3 (RPG is a tie)

Stephon Marbury>>>>Deron Williams so far

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Alright lets get something straight Marbury overall career sure. But thats like saying Deron been in the league a long time. Deron ain't even in his prime yet.
You want to argue for marbury with all those stats, f**k does he have to show for it? Deron is like 23 or something and HES ALREADY A LEADER on that team which is coached by tough ass Jerry Sloan! The Vanilla nigga calling people out when sh*t ain't right and getting some results.

It took Marbury a squabble with KG, a stint with the Nets and Suns and a couple of seasons with the Knicks to develop some leadership. Unfortunately now his joke of a coach is using him as a scapegoatand believe me I sympathize for him, I would quit on this team two. And most certainly if he was playing right now Knicks are at least 7 - 10 games better. But all the drama with Larry Brown, and getting into s**t with Garnett, K. Thomas, Van Horn and Q. When he should be calling out that fat piece of crap we call our "Centerpiece." Stats alone are no indicator of winning players. Character and Leadership makes your teammates better and that equals wins.

And Blogga Please! Devean George and a bunch of other lame ass ballers got rings. So whats your point? Difference is Deron ain't no scrub, he is half of "Williams to Boozer." Deron getting compared to Paul. Jason Kidd sonned Marbury so many times in their days ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY. Quit hating on my mormon niggas G.

I respect that you realize:

• Isiah has made Marbury the scapegoat
  • Marbury has developed leadership (Last year he was a leader, cant be argued)
  • You understand why he left the team
  • We would be a better team if he wasnt injured

No ones dissin light skinned athletes, a certain poster on here seems to get a hard-on for light skinned basketball players.

I dont agree with everything you said but I have to respect you for being fair, we have alot of Marbury haters on here who would never say what I pointed out from your post.

At this point Deron hasnt proved to me hes better then Marbury, the Jazz got lucky against the Houston Rockets, and they got a free pass by playing the Warriors 2nd round instead of the Mavs. Obviously, the Warriors beat the Mavs but stylisticalls Mavs vs Jazz would have been a better matchup, and Dallas wouldve headed to the WCF where the Spurs wouldve owned them.

Marburys defense>>>Derons will ever be

Williams is not even an averaged defender, and hes turnover prone.

Nice job by GoKnicksDLee, ending the debate.