Good find! That was pretty cool. You can tell Marbury really likes the camera. I wonder how long it is before we start seeing Marbury commercials. I remember you never saw a Sprewell commercial till he came to new york, then he started doing those cool And 1 commercials and even had his own sneaker too, but that was after they went to the finals. If Marbury can achieve a similar feat I think endorsements and a shoe shouldnt be far behind. Lets look at some of the few players who are currently acting as pitchmen for corporate america:
1) Shaq - Seems to promote mostly non sports related stuff, like McDonalds, candy bars and RadioShaq
2) McGrady - Cool Addidias commercials, strictly sports stuff
3) Iverson - Strictly sports, Reebok
4) Lebron - Some fun new Nike commercials, will he ever cross over into selling big macs?
5) Carter - used to sell Gatorade, I dont know if he does anymore
6) J-Kidd - had some nike commercials last season but doesnt seem to be selling anything this year
7) Garnett - Seen him do some funny trading card commercials
8) Pierce - Some foot locker commercials which promote Nike
9) Yao Ming - what a range, Reebok, Gatorade, Mastercard, Apple, isnt this guy violating the tenets of Communist China?
10) Tim Duncan - Shaving cream commercials he did with Robinson which still get shown.
Other players do bit parts in ads which feature a few players or other small scale advertising, but as you can see, when it comes to major advertising it is a very select list which only the best and most marketable players occupy. If Marbury could crack this rotation I think it would make him very happy that hes playing in New York.