View Poll Results: Who won the 11 player trade between the Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavs: Ben Wallace, Wally, Joe Smith, Delonte West, Bulls 2nd rd. pick 2009

8 47.06%
  • Bulls: Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden, Cedric Simmons , Shannon Brown

0 0%
  • Sonics: Chris Duhon, Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Adrien Griffin

3 17.65%
  • Knicks lost

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Raptors vs New York Knicks Game Thread 2/22

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by paris401
    with that starting lineup, on "O" its like playing 2 against 5... ok maybe 2 1/2 vs 5 (i'll concide a 1/2 to freddie)
    I think my lineup is better than the one Isiah is gonna use. There's no way Curry can stop Andrea Bargnani from hitting all those 3's, and there's no way Crawford can stop Parker. The Knicks don't score a lot of points regardless(just 94 ppg) so my lineup idea isn't really that bad.Plus, that's just my idea for this game. On most games, my lineup idea would get crushed. But since Toronto's a perimeter team, it might work.

Raptors 245
    Knicks Who cares

My prediction for tonights score ^

Seattle and Portland are the two teams that are demonstrating how to rebuild a franchise.

First you have to ask yourself a very basic question.

Question: Is the team very close to winning a championship in it's present form?

If the answer is yes, the team can trade away draft picks or young talent to get the missing piece, overpay a player or two, take on an older star player etc.... Teams like the Suns, Mavericks, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Celtics, Nuggets... are in that position.

If the answer is no, the team should trade away every moderately talented player it has for expiring contracts, draft picks, and young cheap players. The only players it should keep are legitimate young potential all stars, young cheap filler, and expiring contracts.

Obviously the Knicks fall into the second category.

The way I see it, the Knicks have only one untouchable player. That's Lee. I'm not even sure he's an untouchable because he may never develop enough of an outside shot to be a top notch starter, let alone an all-star. I can see giving Chandler, Morris, and Balkman some more time to develop, but everyone else is so limited or one dimensional they should all be traded or their contracts allowed to expire over time in a very slow rebuilding process. There is absolutety no reason to trade our crap for somebody else's crap in a vain effort to improve a little. We have to blow it all up like Seattle is doing now and Portland did last year.
    Last edited by knicklover; Feb 22, 2008 at 18:44.

Nyk Logo

Definitely Portland and Seattle are on the right path. The Timberwolves seem to be going in that direction as well. They have a great young player, Al Jefferson and will have a high pick next season. They'll be under the cap and can make some moves.

Can we atleast play Wilson Chandler and Balkman tonight. This season is over, Isiah doesnt want to send Chandler to the D League because from what one of the fans told me on this site "he doesn't think it works", so now all he can try to do is showcase his lone attribute as GM and play the two sleeper picks from the past two drafts.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

I see more energy from the Knicks tonight, definately because they're all safe from the trade deadline. 9 minutes left in the 1st.

Okay maybe not^.. 12 points in a first quarter is the lowest for the Knicks this season.

"Swiss Cheese" is the best way to describe the Knicks defense.

WTF Jamal... what a stupid foul.

This game is starting to get aggressive. Legal screens.. so on. Man. EC only 9 minutes lol! 4 pts. no rebounds. Whats goin on, Why wasn't EC traded yesterday?
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Feb 22, 2008 at 20:17.

damn jamal crawford sucks

Not really ^. He actually had a great game today, but he could cut on those stupid turnovers. I liked how Zach Randolph played, the best. 26 points 15 rebounds, I like how Clyde said it, he quoted Zach Randolph, by saying Its not about jumping HIGH to get the rebound its the timing, and position to get the boards.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Not really ^. He actually had a great game today, but he could cut on those stupid turnovers. I liked how Zach Randolph played, the best. 26 points 15 rebounds, I like how Clyde said it, he quoted Zach Randolph, by saying Its not about jumping HIGH to get the rebound its the timing, and position to get the boards.
    I do agree that Zach deserves credit for being a good rebounder, and he can score. The problem is hes not a team player, but then again this isnt a team. Occasionally they play well, like tonight, but for the most part they are tough to watch.

KnicksonLIN.com

That was a good win for the Knicks. Crawford did what he does best, chuck up shots. Only this time, the shots went in, and he dropped 43 on the Raptors. Z-Bo played great, too.He had another one of his double doubles, but he made it even better, by knocking down a buzzer beater at the half, and by scoring a big 4th quarter shot.I gotta give Isiah credit for benching Curry, too. He's starting to notice what everyone else has been noticing. Curry is non-existant. That's my new nickname for Curry,non-existant. It describes his basketball skills perfectly.For those of you who wonder why I'm always on Curry, just look at his contract. When you see his little production for all that money, then you'll know why I always talk about Curry.

Originally Posted by abcd
    That was a good win for the Knicks. Crawford did what he does best, chuck up shots. Only this time, the shots went in, and he dropped 43 on the Raptors. Z-Bo played great, too.He had another one of his double doubles, but he made it even better, by knocking down a buzzer beater at the half, and by scoring a big 4th quarter shot.I gotta give Isiah credit for benching Curry, too. He's starting to notice what everyone else has been noticing. Curry is non-existant. That's my new nickname for Curry,non-existant. It describes his basketball skills perfectly.
    Even if he was playing college basketball, he wouldnt be a big factor.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Even if he was playing college basketball, he wouldnt be a big factor.
    Curry was smart for going to the NBA straight out of high school. He would've got exposed for his mediocore skills, and he would've never got drafted, if he went to college.