• Sonics: Chris Duhon, Ira Newble, Donyell Marshall, Adrien Griffin

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Knicks lost

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
*Game Thread not finished, Had it done but sh*t got f*cked up, pissed me off. Sorry to anyone who was looking forward to it being finished.

The Toronto Raptors(29-23) vs The New York Knicks(16-38)
Fri. 2/22 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

madison-square-garden-1.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Friday nights game. The Knicks are coming off an embarrassing loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. Week by week, the Knicks re-define the meaning of rock bottom. As im sure we all know by now, Isiah chose not to make any trades. It will be interesting to see what happens, now that we know everyone is here to stay for the rest of the season. Several players are rumored to be unhappy in New York. One player that we can be sure about is Zach Randolph. If anything, the rest of the team should be upset with him and his distracting, bad attitude.

Although no teams have clinched the playoffs yet, it is safe to say the Raptors and every other Eastern Conference team with a record of .500 and up is a lock for the playoffs. Toronto has won 6 out of their last 10 games, overcoming a 37 point 15 rebound performance by the #1 big man in the NBA, Dwight Howard. Bosh had 40 points but only 5 rebounds. Howard>>>Bosh. Jose Calderon, after getting snubbed from the all-star game, scored 19 points (8-10) and added 13 assists. If they stick to the script, they will have no problems with the Knicks.

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

The Toronto Raptors

pg-Jose Calderon
sg-Anthony Parker
sf-Demario Moon
pf-Chris Bosh
C-Andrea Bargnani

*T.J. Ford is listed as day-to-day (suprise)

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD NATE ROBINSON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: ANTHONY PARKER VS JAMAL CRAWFORD

raptors.jpg

crawford7_090707dwpg.jpg

knicks101.jpg

clown1.jpg

Jamal Crawford Last 5 Games

Jamal Crawford might be the closest thing the Knicks have to a leader, but at the same time hes far from a leader. On a team where his role could be reduced, he mite not be that bad of a role player. The problem is you cant turn a role player into a star. Overall Crawfords shot has been off all season, but over the last 5 games he has shown a small improvement but he'll have a game or 2 soon where his shooting percentage is very low, its part of his routine. Heres his stats for the last 5 games:

43.6mpg
23ppg
42.86fg%
35.3% 3PT
6apg
3rpg
2spg
3.2topg

Crawfords turnovers have gone up. Isiahs son is well conditioned, but after that I cant give him too much credit. He needs to attack the basket more, hes got the handling skills and speed to get to the rim.

7.8 field goals made per game
18.2 field goals attempted per game

2.4 3PT made per game
6.8 3PT attempted per game

Crawford has attempted 34 3pointers and 30 freethrows over the last 5 games. I hope some of the people who say Im too hard on Crawford (no homo) see what Im talkin about. Part of the blame has to go to Isiah Thomas, but when Crawfords on the court, being an excellent free throw shooter he needs to attack and go to the line more often. His soft mentality prevents him from having more value, im not even gonna talk about his defense.

Anthony Parker Last 5 Games

33mpg
7.4ppg
36.36fg%
28.6% 3PT
1.2apg
3.2rpg
.8spg
.2topg

Very low numbers for Anthony Parker, but .2 turnovers in 33 minutes per game is very impressive. Usually, his shooting percentages are above 46%, but recently hes making Crawford look like a good shooter. Parker is normally does not make a big impact statistically, hes a good team player who defends, plays within the team system, and does not turn the ball over that much. We'll see if his defense can slow down Crawford.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Give the ball to Q-Rich!!! (Im sorry for this one)
  • Perimeter Defense!!!! Raptors-42% 3PT (1st in league)
  • Crash Boards!!!! Knicks rpg-17th Raptors rpg-29th(soft)
  • Take Care of the Ball!!! Raptors-11.1topg(1st-tied with Pistons) Celtics-14.3topg(17th)(That will hurt in the playoffs)

New Song by Prodigy, this shits crazy!!!!

Artist:prodigy
Title:Young Vet
Album:HNIC 2 Advance
Year:2008

01_h.jpg

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Fri, Feb 22 vs Toronto 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Feb 24 @ Toronto 6:00 PM
  • Wed, Feb 27 vs Charlotte 7:30 PM

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in Friday night to catch the Knicks and the Raptors.

Last edited:
yo this is gunna be my first knicks game. I'm gonna have mad fun booin the shit outta isiah and he other fags out there.

i think jamario moons gonna have a good game. I really don't see any of our guys guarding him well.

and thats a hot pic of MSG in the top of the thread.

Pricey

Rotation player
if that was part of the poll and also the fact they now have 13 draft picks over the next 3 seasons i would have voted Seattle.

Toronto will win by over 20 pts with ease. Calderon will almost get a triple double and i expect Bosh to score 40. He did it easily last time against us and i cant see why he cant again.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Raptors can easily win this game. They just have to let Andrea Bargnani get open 3's on the no D Eddy Curry, and let Anthony Parker drive it on Jamal Crawford.I think this game is gonna be close, cause we're at the Garden, but I say the Raptors win.The Knicks have nobody that can stop the 3 point shooting of the Raptors, or their All Star, Chris Bosh.I think Crawford and Randolph can match Parker and Bosh offensively, but they don't have the defense to stop anyone from scoring, and Curry is just non-existant. David Lee and Nate always give it 110%, but they don't have the defense to stop outside shooters, either.Isiah should play Jeffries on Bargnani,Balkman on Moon, and let Fred Jones play a lot of minutes on Parker. Nobody on the Knicks can stop Calderon, so he might as well let his son, Jamal, guard him.Balkman, Jones, and Jeffries need 30+ minutes for this one, if the Knicks want any chance to win.Starting lineup I would use:
PG Jamal Crawford
SG Fred Jones
SF Renaldo Balkman
PF Zach Randolph
C Jared Jeffries
Bench: David Lee, Eddy Curry,Nate the Great,Malik Rose

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
if the Knicks want any chance to win.Starting lineup I would use:
PG Jamal Crawford
SG Fred Jones
SF Renaldo Balkman
PF Zach Randolph
C Jared Jeffries
Bench: David Lee, Eddy Curry,Nate the Great,Malik Rose

with that starting lineup, on "O" its like playing 2 against 5... ok maybe 2 1/2 vs 5 (i'll concide a 1/2 to freddie)

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
lol nice thread, I voted for that the Sonics got the best trade, they are in the rebuilding stage, as we speak, we had Portland, now Memphis, Seattle, New Jersey, but New York(Isiah Thomas) has not ever looked at that type of strategy, I think when ever we are bound to get that first round pick, we better build the team around the player we draft.

Kiyaman

Legend
We play the Raptors tonight & Sunday, the Knicks "One on One" technique has problems in a two game series.
The only way Curry & Zach could dominate Barganni & Bosh is if SF-Q.Richardson peremeter shooting is 12 for 15 FGA. The Knicks have to double & tripple team oponents SF while no team ever double team Q.Richardson (he is a liability).

Knick-Fans better start yelling "Wilson Chandler" to give Crawford & Zach some big HELP on offense, because trading points is better than force feeding turnovers.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Us beat Raptors? and dam man i wanted Jamrio Moon 2 in the dunk contest ><...but yea expect a blowout...after the sixers blew us out i really dont see us beating nowun nomore

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks will lose, badly. I have posted the 3 best games on tonight, wish that Celtics game was on earlier. They have lost 2 straight, to the Nuggets and Warriors.

Rockets vs Hornets 8:00pm ET
Wizards vs Cavs 8:00pm ET
Celtics vs Suns 10:30pm ET

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It looks like the Knicks are gonna lose again but c'mon let's hope for a nice win so they at least look like an actual NBA team.

welcome to Knicksonline.com, Im the Gold Mac 10 of the site. Occasionally the Knicks do, reminding people that miracles do happen from time to time. Maybe one will happen tonight.

welcome to Knicksonline.com, Im the Gold Mac 10 of the site. Occasionally the Knicks do, reminding people that miracles do happen from time to time. Maybe one will happen tonight.

Thanks
Yeah, it would be nice if the Knicks would go on a ten game winning streak or something like that.

Trin_Starr

Starter
please no miracles tonight :)
I just want the raptors to destroy the knicks and hear the boos and "Fire Isiah" chants raining down on the court :) - It's like music to my ears!!
We need to lose in order to win

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
with that starting lineup, on "O" its like playing 2 against 5... ok maybe 2 1/2 vs 5 (i'll concide a 1/2 to freddie)
I think my lineup is better than the one Isiah is gonna use. There's no way Curry can stop Andrea Bargnani from hitting all those 3's, and there's no way Crawford can stop Parker. The Knicks don't score a lot of points regardless(just 94 ppg) so my lineup idea isn't really that bad.Plus, that's just my idea for this game. On most games, my lineup idea would get crushed. But since Toronto's a perimeter team, it might work.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Seattle and Portland are the two teams that are demonstrating how to rebuild a franchise.

First you have to ask yourself a very basic question.

Question: Is the team very close to winning a championship in it's present form?

If the answer is yes, the team can trade away draft picks or young talent to get the missing piece, overpay a player or two, take on an older star player etc.... Teams like the Suns, Mavericks, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Celtics, Nuggets... are in that position.

If the answer is no, the team should trade away every moderately talented player it has for expiring contracts, draft picks, and young cheap players. The only players it should keep are legitimate young potential all stars, young cheap filler, and expiring contracts.

Obviously the Knicks fall into the second category.

The way I see it, the Knicks have only one untouchable player. That's Lee. I'm not even sure he's an untouchable because he may never develop enough of an outside shot to be a top notch starter, let alone an all-star. I can see giving Chandler, Morris, and Balkman some more time to develop, but everyone else is so limited or one dimensional they should all be traded or their contracts allowed to expire over time in a very slow rebuilding process. There is absolutety no reason to trade our crap for somebody else's crap in a vain effort to improve a little. We have to blow it all up like Seattle is doing now and Portland did last year.

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Definitely Portland and Seattle are on the right path. The Timberwolves seem to be going in that direction as well. They have a great young player, Al Jefferson and will have a high pick next season. They'll be under the cap and can make some moves.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Can we atleast play Wilson Chandler and Balkman tonight. This season is over, Isiah doesnt want to send Chandler to the D League because from what one of the fans told me on this site "he doesn't think it works", so now all he can try to do is showcase his lone attribute as GM and play the two sleeper picks from the past two drafts.