Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap

Will Isiah trade our #1 pick on Draft Night?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No, cause he'll be fired by then

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
We are 54 games into the regular season, and the Knicks are 16-38.
Let's take a look at all the events that have led us to such a great season.
thomas_sanders.jpg

Isiah Thomas has a sexual harrassment lawsuit against him, and
Anucha Brown ends up embarrassing him and winning her case. She
wins the battle and the war, as she was granted 11 million dollars.
2007-2008 pre-season
-Isiah Thomas puts Allan Houston on his 18 man roster, and let's him try out for the team.
amd_allan_houston.jpg

After seeing how crappy the Knicks are, Allan Houston decided he should stay in retirement, and not be a part of this JV High School basketball team.
team_logo_big_01.jpg
vonteego_cummings.jpg

Next, Knicks face Macabi Elite Tel Aviv. Vonteego Cummings has a message for the Knicks, but the Knicks are up to the challenge and win by 25.

-Later on, Knicks get embarrased by Celtics and lose by 40 points in Boston. Knicks get revenge and bust their ass at the Garden, though.
-Despite all the controversy with Anucha Brown and ass whoppin that the Knicks recieved from the Celtics, the Knicks finish preseason with an above .500 4-3 record.

-Next, the Knicks get cocky and have commercials where loyal Knick fans talk about how great the Knicks are gonna be, even though everyone knows the Knicks suck.One person says the Knicks have a formidable line up with
Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph and David Lee.Other Knick fans have rituals while cheering for their team.
knicksexperiencethevision.jpg

2007-2008 Regular season begins
Knicks lose season opener to Cavs 106-110, however, Z-Bo and E-City each finish with impressive numbers;
Randolph 21 points 14 rebounds(5 off)
3 assists, 2 steals, 1 block
Curry 18 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block,1 to

Based on the season opener, Curry and Randolph sure look formidable.

After losing the season opener, Knicks win two in a row for a .667 record, a 2-1 start, and a playoff spot.

After the Knicks lose to the Miami Heat, the Knicks are 2-3, so Isiah decides it's time to make Marbury a scapegoat and he benches him.
2007_12_knicksfantasy.jpg
Marbury, you suck. I'm gonna have to bench you. We will be so much more better with you on the bench.
airplane_l.gif
stephon_marbury.jpg

F*ck you, Isiah. I'm going to New York.

The Knicks would go on to lose 8 in a row, and drop to 2-9. Then, the Knicks would lose to Boston by 45, on national television.

Jamal Crawford helps us son the New Jersey Nets, averaging over 30 ppg against the Nets. Knicks are now 3-0 against New Jersey, thanks to Crawford.However, the Knicks finish the month of December with just 3 wins, and the Knicks are 8-21, by the end of 2007.
New-Jersey-Nets-Team-Logo---Photofile-Photograph-I10109123.jpeg
(Property of Jamal Crawford)
crawford_1215.jpg
I own you!
New Year's resolution
32510354.jpg

Son, I'm going to give you the keys to the franchise.
-Isiah let's Jamal become our franchise player, even though Crawford never plays defense and only plays well offensively, one out of 5 games.

Later in January, Knicks go on a 3 game winning streak(5 out of 7 overall)
and all of a sudden, people start to think the Knicks are better without Marbury. The Knicks' current 16-38 record proves otherwise, though.

The Knicks looked like they would never lose by 40 points again, this season, after competing in every game in January and the first half of February. SURPRISE! Knicks lose by 40 to the 76ers!

Trade Deadline
Isiah says Jamal is "untouchable" and that he will not trade him, Nate Robinson, or David Lee. It turns out Isiah trades nobody, and he has fallen into the rapture of love with this Knick team.

Current record: 16-38

Great SEASON!

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
great post. cant argue with anything there.
i wonder how this season will end? perhaps a breaking news update showing Jamal Crawford and Isiah caught in a mens toilet?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
great post. cant argue with anything there.
i wonder how this season will end? perhaps a breaking news update showing Jamal Crawford and Isiah caught in a mens toilet?
Even better. Isiah will be caught with Jamal Crawford having a candlelight dinner at KFC. lol

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Stern comes in (1st pick in the draft)
[Stern]With the first pick in the 2008 draft the Seattle Supersonics select Michael Beasley from Kansas State.

Stern comes in (2nd pick in the draft)*NYK*
[Stern] We have a trade,,, 30 second silence in the theater.... The Knicks trade 2nd draft 1st round pick rights, Zach Randolph, and Malik Rose to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal....

I think most of us here would just be really upset, or some Knick fans would simply murder Isiah Thomas..

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
Stern comes in (1st pick in the draft)
[Stern]With the first pick in the 2008 draft the Seattle Supersonics select Michael Beasley from Kansas State.

Stern comes in (2nd pick in the draft)*NYK*
[Stern] We have a trade,,, 30 second silence in the theater.... The Knicks trade 2nd draft 1st round pick rights, Zach Randolph, and Malik Rose to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal....

I think most of us here would just be really upset, or some Knick fans would simply murder Isiah Thomas..
man ima just take a gun or something in case...yo if he does something stupid like that wow i swear im not gonn watch knicks game intill he leaves...jermaine aint even nice nomore...

dre48ny

Rotation player
All funny posts!!! Definitely a horrific season, no doubt. If he traded our draft pick, that would be the end of us. I would only trade it if a miracle were to happen and Lebron demands a trade. Give them the players they want plus the draft pick. What a tough road that lays ahead. So many teams are so good and we are just mediocre, tough to swallow these times.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Very creative thread ABCD, im likin this. Its a tragic story to read about, the events that have happened with the Knicks. They re-define rock bottom week by week; in other words, things continue to get worse with time. Co-sign all the funny posts in this thread. I think Knicks126 called it, Isiah gonna trade the 1st round pick during the draft.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yeah thanks man, That right there would be considered the Knicks rock bottom in franchise History, but now if we talk about the draft DeAndre Jordon is still one of my favorites, I just think that he will declare for the 09 draft not the 08 draft. Hibbert is expierenced, and he is a Georgetown product. Will Knicks draft another player from Georgetown?? Knicks did try Sweetney Georgetown product it didn't work out to well....

Georgetown Drafted Players
Jeff Green
Allen Iverson
Alonzo Mourning
Dikembe Mutombo

Patrick Ewing
Theres more, but I forgot.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Yeah thanks man, That right there would be considered the Knicks rock bottom in franchise History, but now if we talk about the draft DeAndre Jordon is still one of my favorites, I just think that he will declare for the 09 draft not the 08 draft. Hibbert is expierenced, and he is a Georgetown product. Will Knicks draft another player from Georgetown?? Knicks did try Sweetney Georgetown product it didn't work out to well....

Georgetown Drafted Players
Jeff Green
Allen Iverson
Alonzo Mourning
Dikembe Mutombo

Patrick Ewing
Theres more, but I forgot.
I thought Sweetney played okay in New York. The main problem with him was his poor conditioning. He played hard for the Knicks, though, so if Isiah just gave him a chance to lose weight, he might have made a good back up center for the Knicks. He would've definitely been better than the non-existant Eddy Curry.
Sweetney> Curry as far as effort is concerned.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Very creative thread ABCD, im likin this. Its a tragic story to read about, the events that have happened with the Knicks. They re-define rock bottom week by week; in other words, things continue to get worse with time. Co-sign all the funny posts in this thread. I think Knicks126 called it, Isiah gonna trade the 1st round pick during the draft.
Thanks, I tried to put all the important parts of the season. Isiah is such an idiot. I still don't understand why he would make Crawford our best player. Isiah should've just let the rookies and sophomores develop their game with some playing time. You can't turn a role player like Crawford into a star.The minute I saw Curry being non-existant and Crawford jacking up all those 3's, I would've cut down both their minutes and let Lee, Nate, and Balkman into the starting lineup.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It really does.There's only 27 games left in the season, and the Knicks have under 20 wins.

they'll get 23-the same number or wins larry brown got outta this team. Onyl Larry Brown had somewhat of an excuse. He didnt adapt to these players. Isiah has NO excuse. Last year he showed that he CAN do some winning with this team.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The main reason this team is losing is because of poor decision making. The minute Isierr saw Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jamal Crawford not playing with any defense, he should've changed his starting lineup. I have no idea how you could let these 3 play in the starting lineup at the same time.They can score, so I have no problem with giving them playing time. But don't put them together so that teams can hit wide open 3's and drive to the baket for lay ups, dunks, and 3 point plays.He should've been let Chandler, Balkman, Nate Robinson, David Lee,Jerome James(he makes too much money to be on the bench) and Randolph Morris get minutes.Also, whether people like it or not, we miss Marbury, cause he's our only true point guard.I'd trust him to provide leadership and to move the ball up and down the floor before trusting Jamal Crawford(who just chucks) and Nate Robinson(who's a bad defender due to his size) and Mardy Collins(who looks like Marbury with his new shaved head but can't even hit a jump shot or a lay up or a free throw).