Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrible teams in the last decade that turned it around with good draft picks

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by abcd
    Isiah also gave away our 2009 second round pick as part of the Curry trade.And if the Knicks finish with a top 9 NBA record in 2009, we'll lose our 2009 first round pick, too, as part of the Marbury trade.When you look at all the stupid things Isiah has done, it's shocking how Jim Dolan has not even thought about firing Isiah.He was even planning to give away this year's draft pick. We're just lucky to have a team that's 17-38.If not, the Jazz would have our pick for this year, too, and they'd take it with a smile.And as Paris pointed out, we can't forget about Draft night. Isiah also has the option to trade away our first round pick and second round pick, if he chooses.
    abcd, I really appreciate you picking up the Isiah bashing bat for me and smacking Isiah around like Albert Pujos smacking a baseball. I've been bashing Isiah for atleast 4 years already, but this 2007-08 season really drained me and my passion to bash Isiah and defend our Knicks. Whenever that passion comes back its going to be an ugly day for Isiahsexuals. But for now you're doing an amazing job of pointing out the OBVIOUS FACTS NO ONE WANTS TO READ(Mainly closet Isiahsexuals). Isiah ruined this franchise plain and simple. I hate Dolan, but Dolan gave Isiah the freedom and the responsibility, Thomas ruined it and thats 100% his fault, no one else. Isiah HAD NO PRESSURE; he had all the time and freedom he needed to change this organization around. Layden was pressured by Dolan especially since Layden had to continue the success from the 90's with aging players.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by abcd
    Isiah also gave away our 2009 second round pick as part of the Curry trade.And if the Knicks finish with a top 9 NBA record in 2009, we'll lose our 2009 first round pick, too, as part of the Marbury trade.When you look at all the stupid things Isiah has done, it's shocking how Jim Dolan has not even thought about firing Isiah.He was even planning to give away this year's draft pick. We're just lucky to have a team that's 17-38.If not, the Jazz would have our pick for this year, too, and they'd take it with a smile.And as Paris pointed out, we can't forget about Draft night. Isiah also has the option to trade away our first round pick and second round pick, if he chooses.
    you really almost repeated what I said like 10 times over, I also told you about the 2nd round pick, and Utahs unprojected pick in 2010, 09 22nd protected in 09.....
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Feb 23, 2008 at 17:09.

Originally Posted by theknicks3
    This draft is good. I doubt we will be able to get beasley or rose

but other options around where our pick will be

Lopez, Gallinari, Mayo, Gordan
    hey man be optimistic i know thats very hard with Isiah as our GM lol but we have a chance we are in the lottery draft this year if things keep going down hill we might get that fist pick who knows

Originally Posted by metrocard
    abcd, I really appreciate you picking up the Isiah bashing bat for me and smacking Isiah around like Albert Pujos smacking a baseball. I've been bashing Isiah for atleast 4 years already, but this 2007-08 season really drained me and my passion to bash Isiah and defend our Knicks. Whenever that passion comes back its going to be an ugly day for Isiahsexuals. But for now you're doing an amazing job of pointing out the OBVIOUS FACTS NO ONE WANTS TO READ(Mainly closet Isiahsexuals). Isiah ruined this franchise plain and simple. I hate Dolan, but Dolan gave Isiah the freedom and the responsibility, Thomas ruined it and thats 100% his fault, no one else. Isiah HAD NO PRESSURE; he had all the time and freedom he needed to change this organization around. Layden was pressured by Dolan especially since Layden had to continue the success from the 90's with aging players.
    I disagree...Dolan is more to blame than Isiah for the poor state of the Knicks. He's the prick that hired Layden and Isiah. Don't give him credit for giving Isiah financial freedom. Why the hell would you give a man who did a horrible job in Toronto and screwed up the CBA financial freedom? That's just plain stupid. And now, he's being a stubborn ass for not firing Isiah. Also, I don't want Isiah here for the draft. He's overrated as a drafter and I don't want any chance that he screws up the Knicks further by trading our first round pick during draft day.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    you really almost repeated what I said like 10 times over, I also told you about the 2nd round pick, and Utahs unprojected pick in 2010, 09 22nd protected in 09.....
    Yeah, I know. It's just sickens me how Isiah can get away with doing all this bulls#!t. You wanna know Isiah's punishment for all of this? A 4 year contract extension worth 24 million dollars, and a lawsuit that Madison Square Garden has to pay, so Isiah gets off the hook.

i know man thats not how its supposed to be. its so f#cked up. Its like a baby getting away with the same thing over and over again cuz the parents dont give 2 ****s. Stern really has to step in soon. He of all people should realize what one man is doing to a city of thousands.

Nyk Logo

Yeah, Stern has to throw in extra ping pongs for us as a remedy for putting up with Isaiah.

The Knicks draft Patrick Ewing.. HELLO!!!?