Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!

  1. #1
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Breaking News GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!

    The Official MSG Deboe/Kimbo Slice/Mac 10 murder

    Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams

    The past means nothing. If your talking about whos the better point guard right now, donít even bother looking at stats from last season or 5 years ago. For the record, the only season where Williams was better then Paul was the year Paul was hurt, if you count that.

    Opposing argument - Deron Williams always outplays Chris Paul, every time

    *In 2 games against Cleveland, Williams is only averaging 13ppg and 5topg, in 40.7 minutes. I guess this means Daniel Gibson is better the Deron Williams, right?

    November 23

    Chris Paul-15pts(5-12),6rbs,6asts,4to,2stls
    Deron Williams-12pts(6-9),7asts,3rbs,4to, no steals/blocks

    Close, but slight edge to Paul

    February 4

    Chris Paul-6pts(3-11),6asts,4rbs,1stl,5to,5pf
    Deron Williams-29pts(11-13),11asts,3rbs,1stl,3to

    Chris Paul wins again. Just kidding, Williams easily takes this one. Next game is February 29 in New Orleans. First 2 games were both played in Utah.

    Do the above stats mean anything? Can you base your opinion of whoís the better player off of head to head matchups?

    The answer is no. Its not like the Jazz and Hornets play each other all 82 games of the year.

    4/82=.048>>>4.8%

    I find it crazy that you base your opinion off of 4.8% of the season, which is 4 out of 82 games.

    Lets look at the stats we should be looking at, for the entire season. I donít appreciate college dropouts wasting my time, thinking their on my level. So far almost all of this has been a waste of my time, because of your ignorance. I wont use abbreviations, just because you probably donít know what ppg and rpg mean.

    2007-08 Stats

    Deron Williams

    37 minutes per game
    19.3 points per game
    9.7 assists per game
    3 rebounds per game
    51.8 field goal %
    40.9 3 point %
    80.2 Free throw %
    1.17 steals per game
    3.5 turnoves per game

    Chris Paul

    37.6 minutes per game
    20.7 points per game
    10.9 assists per game
    4 rebounds per game
    47.8 field goal %
    87.8 free throw %
    34.8 3 point %
    2.7 steals per game
    2.6 turnoves per game

    Points: Chris Paul=+1.4
    Assists: Chris Paul=+1.2
    Rebounds: Chris Paul=+1

    Field Goal%: Deron Williams=+4%
    3 point %: Deron Williams=+6.1%

    Free Throw %: Chris Paul=+7.6%
    Steals: Chris Paul=+1.53 (Over twice as many as Williams)
    Turnovers: Chris Paul= - .9topg


    Chris Paul wins 6 to 2. But theres one last argument, who has better teammate? Lets find out:

    Utah Jazz

    Carlos Boozer-21.5ppg,10.8rpg
    Mehmet Okur-13.1ppg,6.2rpg
    Andrei Kirilenko-11.9ppg,5.4rpg,4.4apg,1.7bpg,1.4spg
    Ronnie Brewer-11.8ppg
    Kyle Korver-10.8ppg
    Matt Harpring-8.3ppg
    Paul Millsap-8.1ppg,5.7rpg

    New Orleans Hornets

    David West-19.8ppg,9.1rpg,1.3bpg
    Peja Stojakovic-16.3ppg,4rpg
    Tyson Chandler-12ppg,12.4rpg,1bpg
    Morris Peterson-8.6ppg,2.9rpg
    Jannero Pargo-8.1ppg,2.5apg
    Bobby Jackson-7.1ppg,2.4rpg
    Rasual Butler-5.2ppg


    -After Williams, AK47 leads Jazz with 4.4 assists per game
    -After Paul, Pargo leads Hornets with 2.5 assists per game

    Its very easy to see that Deron Williams has more help then Chris Paul. We have to remember that Korver might only be averaging 10.8 points per game, but on a given night he can go off and score 20+ easily.

    Chris Paul is a much better defender then Deron Williams. Not only is he averaging over twice as many steals per game, but several other point guards have had big scoring games against Williams, including Stephon Marbury.

    I think this argument is over. Another loss for the college dropout. Your ignorance has wasted a lot of time. I sent a message recently to everyone, but apparently I have to re-send it.

    When I say something, donít ever question me. I made an example out of you pancakes, when I say something believe it. I speak nothing but facts, and I promise embarrassment to anyone who tries to out-smarten me, like pancakes. Hes taken a big loss, I wouldnít be surprised to see him never come back onto ko.com again. IM not to be f*cked with, all you stupid f*ckas, im given you a free listen. Sit back and take notes, the f*ckin Gold Mac 10 is at it again. EC House special is the 1st ever example of a poster who is so dumb that they need to be banned.

    Whos talkin about Deron Williams for MVP? No one, hes a good player but not an MVP. Chris Paul is arguably the best player in the league, he made David West an all-star.

    Thatís all I got to say, next time you disagree with me remember this *******s.

    Oh yea, for everyone who still dont know where the GOLD MAC 10 is from, here you go. Look at the last minute of the video.


  2. #2
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Chris Paul is definitely playing great basketball. Even Isiah Thomas said Paul's early stages of his career have been better than Isiah's early stages in his career.Paul has a lot of potential. If he keeps playing like this, he'll definitely be a hall of famer.He has the defense, offense, and passing ability.

  3. #3
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    If he keeps playing like this, he'll definitely be a hall of famer.He has the defense, offense, and passing ability.
    I agree, but lets hope that he Doesn't get injured, and that ruines his career, this happened to some guys in the league before, but I think he will be okay, just injuries make people worry about this guy, but other then that he is a great player.

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    February 4

    Chris Paul-6pts(3-11),6asts,4rbs,1stl,5to,5pf
    Deron Williams-29pts(11-13),11asts,3rbs,1stl,3to

    Chris Paul wins again.


    That might be the funniest thing I ever read on here, nice one msg. Next game on the 29th should be really interesting, Paul whether you want to admit it or not has got a lot to prove against Williams.

    The Chris Paul/Deron Williams debate will rage on for the rest of their careers if they keep on their respective paths. They are both great players and thus far I would rather have D. Will, you and Metro, Chris Paul. At this point in their careers neither of us are right or wrong. Time will tell or maybe it won't and it will always be one of those hotly contested debates a la Magic Johnson/Larry Bird.

  5. #5
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    chris paul = MVP so far

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    chris paul = MVP so far

    Until he got hurt Kevin Garnett was the lock MVP. Right now I would vote like this for mvp...

    1- Kobe Bryant
    2- Lebron James
    3- Kevin Garnett
    4- Chris Paul
    5- Manu Ginobli
    Last edited by Eddy Currys House Special; Feb 23, 2008 at 00:06.

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thats the worst MVP list I ever seen in my life; no one is agreeing with Pancakes and this awesome thread of ownage got boring when Pancakes jumped and took another lost by repeating himself and not hitting back against the combos MSG landed. Seeing this guy get beat down is REALLY boring the **** out of the forum.

    DaTruth and I don't agree on a lot of things, but knowing Chris Paul is that ***** is a solidify FACT we could agree on, ..hop off William's nuts now, you got a thing for light skin brothas eh?

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Thats the worst MVP list I ever seen in my life; no one is agreeing with Pancakes and this awesome thread of ownage got boring when Pancakes jumped and took another lost by repeating himself and not hitting back against the combos MSG landed. Seeing this guy get beat down is REALLY boring the **** out of the forum.

    DaTruth and I don't agree on a lot of things, but knowing Chris Paul is that ***** is a solidify FACT we could agree on, ..hop off William's nuts now, you got a thing for light skin brothas eh?
    lol I've noticed this a lot in the NBA. For some reason, players that are light skinned get so much more credit than they deserved. For Ex: Steve Nash 2x MVP and Dirk Nowitzki 2007 MVP. I'm not saying those guys aren't top players in the NBA, but how do you give Nash MVP in a year where Wade wins a championship with the Heat, and how does Dirk get it, when his team got knocked out in the first round by the Warriors?

  9. #9
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol I've noticed this a lot in the NBA. For some reason, players that are light skinned get so much more credit than they deserved. For Ex: Steve Nash 2x MVP and Dirk Nowitzki 2007 MVP. I'm not saying those guys aren't top players in the NBA, but how do you give Nash MVP in a year where Wade wins a championship with the Heat, and how does Dirk get it, when his team got knocked out in the first round by the Warriors?
    the last couple of years i would always say a PG shouldnt get MVP since Jkidd was robbed twice early in his NJ career but this year chris paul made david west an all star and i believe the hornets got the best record in the west if not top 3 and chris paul is putting up crazy ass numbers

  10. #10
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    the last couple of years i would always say a PG shouldnt get MVP since Jkidd was robbed twice early in his NJ career but this year chris paul made david west an all star and i believe the hornets got the best record in the west if not top 3 and chris paul is putting up crazy ass numbers
    I think the PG is the position that's hardest to win MVP from, cause PG is the leadership position. You gotta know when to pass and when to shoot, you gotta defend, you gotta make your teammates better, and you gotta win. Chris Paul did all of that this year, so I definitely think he deserves it this year.

  11. #11
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    anybody ever think what if atlanta drafted chris paul????dat is scary

  12. #12
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Its not like that dont bring race into MVP selections please..

    But I will say LeBron James gets cheated out of the MVP all the time, I get mad cause he really does deserve a MVP.

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Thats the worst MVP list I ever seen in my life; no one is agreeing with Pancakes and this awesome thread of ownage got boring when Pancakes jumped and took another lost by repeating himself and not hitting back against the combos MSG landed. Seeing this guy get beat down is REALLY boring the **** out of the forum.

    DaTruth and I don't agree on a lot of things, but knowing Chris Paul is that ***** is a solidify FACT we could agree on, ..hop off William's nuts now, you got a thing for light skin brothas eh?
    Kobe or Lebron will win the MVP this year and that's a 'solidify fact'.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    403
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    lol I've noticed this a lot in the NBA. For some reason, players that are light skinned get so much more credit than they deserved. For Ex: Steve Nash 2x MVP and Dirk Nowitzki 2007 MVP. I'm not saying those guys aren't top players in the NBA, but how do you give Nash MVP in a year where Wade wins a championship with the Heat, and how does Dirk get it, when his team got knocked out in the first round by the Warriors?
    The voting takes place BEFORE the playoffs end.

  15. #15
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special


    That might be the funniest thing I ever read on here, nice one msg. Next game on the 29th should be really interesting, Paul whether you want to admit it or not has got a lot to prove against Williams.

    The Chris Paul/Deron Williams debate will rage on for the rest of their careers if they keep on their respective paths. They are both great players and thus far I would rather have D. Will, you and Metro, Chris Paul. At this point in their careers neither of us are right or wrong. Time will tell or maybe it won't and it will always be one of those hotly contested debates a la Magic Johnson/Larry Bird.
    Theres really no debate, there never was. Stop dreamin about f*ckin light skinned dudes and open your eyes to the facts. No matter what stats and analysis I throw at you, you continue to say Williams is better. At this point I cant respect anything you say anymore, until you come out of your state of denial. You obviously took an L, and have taken several other L's in your 2 months on this site. Sayin that you would take DW over CP3 is 100% ignorant and Isiah thomas-like....you would make a terrible gm. I cant believe your still sayin that, when the facts (not opinions) are clearly stated above. At this point all i got to say is F*ck outta here kid.

Similar Threads

  1. Shaq to the Suns?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2008, 17:00
  2. Boxing
    By The 1 and Only in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2008, 00:23
  3. Knicks may go after Bucks' Mo Williams
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2007, 11:15
  4. Knicks To Work Out Sean Williams
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 29, 2007, 08:32
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •