GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!

Dwight Howard. Look were he's at now already in his career. He's still young. yeah I know Amare is too but Dwight has tons of upside.

metrocard

Legend
Good subject MSG33

Howard is my favorite out of the 3, but the best is Garnett(skill set, leadership, how he makes his teammates better)

Howard >>> Amare. Imagine Howard in Phoneix? Christ.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You're right, Knicklover but they voted Dirk, last year, after his team got knocked out in the first round. How do you explain that? Lebron clearly should've won it. MVP's don't lose in the first round.

Toons

is the Bo$$
You're right, Knicklover but they voted Dirk, last year, after his team got knocked out in the first round. How do you explain that? Lebron clearly should've won it. MVP's don't lose in the first round.

dirk got a well deserved mvp for the season, leading his team to the best record that year....and the award is not given to the most valuable team.....its a personal award, so if ur team gets kicked out the first round or not dosent take anything away from dirks excellent stretch of 82 well played games

Toons

is the Bo$$
Stoudamire=Jared Jefferies with skills
Garnett=Celtic
**Howard=Superman**

jared jefferies with skills???? doesnt make sense at all....Amare n jared shud never b in the same sentence unless u say amre dunked on jefferies.....i wonder how ppl would respond to this question b4 all star break....KG is still the most complete player in the nba

Kiyaman

Legend
anybody ever think what if atlanta drafted chris paul????dat is scary

Chris Paul & Joe Johnson would become the next best tandem backcourt to Billups & RIP.

I watched all of Isiah Thomas Rookie season in Detroit and Chris Paul would've beat him by a slight edge.

Kiyaman

Legend
Since 1979-80 season I watched guys get cheated out of the "MVP" award and "ROY" award on a regular bassis.
I started thinking maybe they also include the raise in population (copacity) of the stadium some of these athletes draw. Because Rookies like Larry Bird & Jordan packed every stadium to standing room only and won the ROY award when Rookie Bill Cartwright & Olyjuwon put their teams on their back to make the playoffs.

P.S. Tim Duncan stole the MVP from Jason Kidd and Kevin Garnett.

jared jefferies with skills???? doesnt make sense at all....Amare n jared shud never b in the same sentence unless u say amre dunked on jefferies.....i wonder how ppl would respond to this question b4 all star break....KG is still the most complete player in the nba
all tall and skinny and shit

Sometimes opinions are accepted but not when your talkin about facts

CP3>>>DW

Next Arguement: Whos the best of these 3?

Dwight Howard
Amare Stoudamire
Kevin Garnett

You're not talking about facts, you make no sense.

K.G. by far is the best of those 3. Howard and Stoudemire each need to greatly improve their defense before they could be put in Garnett's class.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You're not talking about facts, you make no sense.

K.G. by far is the best of those 3. Howard and Stoudemire each need to greatly improve their defense before they could be put in Garnett's class.

KG is the best but not by far, Dwight is just as good/better defensivley then KG. Stats cant prove this, its hard to compare KGs stats because of the amount of help he has. Celtics do have the best record, and the best defense. Statistically Howard is far better then KG, but again here you cant go by stats, unlike the Paul vs Williams argument.

You are the worst poster on here, tellin me im not talkin about facts. The first post of this thread is nothin but facts. I dont believe that you really think DW is better then CP3, and that KG is "far" better then Amare and Dwight, I think your just sayin this to provoke another argument. This time I will be postin no stats, I have learned that you are no where near my level as a poster and that you cant admit defeat.

You show no respect, even where its due. It dont matter if you dislike what I post, you have to admit I came with some good stats. You kept bitchin about how DW always outplays CP3, well in 2 games this year Williams has sucked against Daniel Gibson. None of this means anything, the only thing that counts is how a player does throughout the 82 games of a season, it is a FACT that Paul is better then Williams. FUck outta here kid.

KG is the best but not by far, Dwight is just as good/better defensivley then KG.

Oh really just as good you say? Man oh man are you lost...

Here are some Stan Van Gundy quotes From Feb 11 on Dwight Howard and his d. Stan Van Gundy by the way is Dwight Howard's coach in case you didn't know.

"His focus isn?t where it needs to be. I don?t think, right now, we?re on the same page to be quite honest. I think his priorities need to be defense and rebounding. We?re 22-2 when he blocks three shots or more and he?s got five blocks in the last six games so he?s not focusing on coming to help.

He had 23 15-plus rebounds in the first 41 games and he has one in the past 12 games. He didn?t even have a double-figure rebounding game (on Monday). It?s a matter of focus and his focus is on the offensive end and he gets discouraged when he doesn?t get the ball. I don?t think, I know, that the numbers prove that what we need him to focus on to win is defense and rebounding. But that?s not what he wants to do right now, so we have a little bit of a conflict."

Van Gundy even went so far as to bench his franchise player as a result of his lack of defensive effort and intensity. To Dwight Howard's credit he not only took being called out in stride but also agreed with his coach.

"I get frustrated a little bit, but I have to do what?s right for our team. I need to do what will help our team win, which is rebound, play great defense and be active. I know that. I?m not worried about him sitting me down. His point was that he needs me to play hard so that my teammates see me playing hard. If I?m not playing hard and doing the things the team needs, we?re not going to win. To help the team I have to step up every night and be the catalyst at both ends of the floor.??

Then this past week after being matched up with Chris Bosh and having Bosh eat his lunch, Van Gundy said after the game that "Bosh destroyed Howard".

More Van Gundy thoughts after the Magic played the Raptors...

?There was not one thing they did that we could guard. Chris Bosh we could not guard, we didn?t have anybody that could guard him, we?ll have to think about double-teaming him next time. I thought Dwight (Howard) could guard him a little bit but he obviously could not. We could not guard (Jose) Calderon on the pick-and-roll at all and we did not close out on their shooters. There wasn?t one thing we did defensively tonight that impacted them whatsoever. We didn?t have much trouble getting good shots and scoring, that?s not the issue against this team. We?ve got to be able to guard them, we could not and end of story"

So MSG when it comes to comparing KG and Dwight Howard as defensive players and saying something as retarded and ignorant as Howard is just as good as Garnett it is you that needs to get the fuck outta here.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Oh really just as good you say? Man oh man are you lost...

Here are some Stan Van Gundy quotes From Feb 11 on Dwight Howard and his d. Stan Van Gundy by the way is Dwight Howard's coach in case you didn't know.

"His focus isn?t where it needs to be. I don?t think, right now, we?re on the same page to be quite honest. I think his priorities need to be defense and rebounding. We?re 22-2 when he blocks three shots or more and he?s got five blocks in the last six games so he?s not focusing on coming to help.

He had 23 15-plus rebounds in the first 41 games and he has one in the past 12 games. He didn?t even have a double-figure rebounding game (on Monday). It?s a matter of focus and his focus is on the offensive end and he gets discouraged when he doesn?t get the ball. I don?t think, I know, that the numbers prove that what we need him to focus on to win is defense and rebounding. But that?s not what he wants to do right now, so we have a little bit of a conflict."

Van Gundy even went so far as to bench his franchise player as a result of his lack of defensive effort and intensity. To Dwight Howard's credit he not only took being called out in stride but also agreed with his coach.

"I get frustrated a little bit, but I have to do what?s right for our team. I need to do what will help our team win, which is rebound, play great defense and be active. I know that. I?m not worried about him sitting me down. His point was that he needs me to play hard so that my teammates see me playing hard. If I?m not playing hard and doing the things the team needs, we?re not going to win. To help the team I have to step up every night and be the catalyst at both ends of the floor.??

Then this past week after being matched up with Chris Bosh and having Bosh eat his lunch, Van Gundy said after the game that "Bosh destroyed Howard".

More Van Gundy thoughts after the Magic played the Raptors...

?There was not one thing they did that we could guard. Chris Bosh we could not guard, we didn?t have anybody that could guard him, we?ll have to think about double-teaming him next time. I thought Dwight (Howard) could guard him a little bit but he obviously could not. We could not guard (Jose) Calderon on the pick-and-roll at all and we did not close out on their shooters. There wasn?t one thing we did defensively tonight that impacted them whatsoever. We didn?t have much trouble getting good shots and scoring, that?s not the issue against this team. We?ve got to be able to guard them, we could not and end of story"

So MSG when it comes to comparing KG and Dwight Howard as defensive players and saying something as retarded and ignorant as Howard is just as good as Garnett it is you that needs to get the fuck outta here.

You came with some good stuff, but it still doesnt prove that KG is a better defender then Dwight Howard. The only thing you proved is that Dwight is in a slump, happens to most players at one point during the season. Even if KG was still on Minnesota (his stats would obviously be better), he still isnt as good of a rebounder/shot blocker/Intimidator as Dwight Howard but he gets a slight edge when it comes to team defense, the whole Celtics team play a great team defense. If you look at the stats you dont see them dominating other teams by blocking more shots and gettin the most steals, they do it as a team. When I watch them, they do a good job of keepin the offensive player in front of them. When they fail at this, they almost always rotate and help eachother, I hate the Celtics but they really know how to play as a team. Still good to see them lose 3 in a row.

You came real cocky, and the ego was high, but I shot it all down with the MAC 10. Im not sure why Im still respondin to your posts, since you dont even read most of mine. F*ck outta here kid, stop bitin my shit. Get off my dick kid.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
idk what ya talking about but i'll take KG today over dwight howard easy, KG's intesity and pride can't be measured, he's hungry for a Ring, and KG play 150% every possession

You came with some good stuff, but it still doesnt prove that KG is a better defender then Dwight Howard. The only thing you proved is that Dwight is in a slump, happens to most players at one point during the season.

Unless your name is Isiah Thomas it takes a lot more then a 'slump' for an NBA
coach to call out their franchise player like that. Howard must have been a dog on d more often then not for Van Gundy to rip him publicly like that.

You're hot stuff MSG I gotta hand it to ya, you just never back down no matter how wrong you are. So go ahead and believe that Dwight Howard is almost as good as KG defensively, I mean really some people also believe Jesus is coming back to earth this year ya know?

Also if you recall I believe last season even Eddy Curry had some huge games against Howard :lol:. Speaking of Curry and Howard, Dwight may not play much d right now but I guarantee you that with a coach like Stan Van Gundy and tutor like Patrick Ewing it won't be long before he becomes a beast on the d. Meanwhile Isiah and his minions I don't think have spent an hour with Curry trying to motivate him and teach him to play d. Eddy Curry is awful but he should not be this bad. Another reason why Isiah is a horrible coach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
idk what ya talking about but i'll take KG today over dwight howard easy, KG's intesity and pride can't be measured, he's hungry for a Ring, and KG play 150% every possession

I said KG is still better but the gaps closing up.

Unless your name is Isiah Thomas it takes a lot more then a 'slump' for an NBA
coach to call out their franchise player like that. Howard must have been a dog on d more often then not for Van Gundy to rip him publicly like that.

You're hot stuff MSG I gotta hand it to ya, you just never back down no matter how wrong you are. So go ahead and believe that Dwight Howard is almost as good as KG defensively, I mean really some people also believe Jesus is coming back to earth this year ya know?

Also if you recall I believe last season even Eddy Curry had some huge games against Howard :lol:. Speaking of Curry and Howard, Dwight may not play much d right now but I guarantee you that with a coach like Stan Van Gundy and tutor like Patrick Ewing it won't be long before he becomes a beast on the d. Meanwhile Isiah and his minions I don't think have spent an hour with Curry trying to motivate him and teach him to play d. Eddy Curry is awful but he should not be this bad. Another reason why Isiah is a horrible coach.

I never back down no matter how wrong I am?

I have never been wrong when arguing with you, I was right with the Marbury debates and Paul vs Williams. This is the 1st time where good arguments can be made either way. Opinions are accepted here, were not dealing with facts like Chris Paul bein better then Williams.

Im suprised your not tryin to say Dirk is better then all of them, your not stickin to your light-skin tendencies this time.

Howards slump was from Feb. 1 to Feb 11th, where he averaged only .83 blocks per game.

Since Van Gundy talked to him, hes averaged 2.5 blocks per game.

Fuckin idiot, "Bosh Destroyed Howard"

Bosh-40pts,5rbs
Howard-37pts,15rbs

Bosh scored 3 more points, big deal. Howard grabbed 10 more rebounds.

You really are the worst poster ever. Who cares if Howard couldnt guard Bosh one time. In the first game between the 2, heres Boshs stat line:

26pts(6-15), 14-14 FT

Freethrow line saved his total points, he struggled. Ever think maybe he got hot against the Magic? Sometimes players who you would never expect go off for big scorin games.

Amare Stoudamire outplayed Garnett the other night

Stoudamire-28pts(10-23),6rbs,3blks
Garnett-19pts(8-17),5rbs,1blk

Does this make Stoudamire better then Garnett?

Stop wastin my time, you thought you had this argument. I told you already you cant f*ck with me and your no where near my level, do you ever admit to losing? Fuck outta here pancakes, go back to college.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol @ pancakes signin off because he knows he lost. His post was pre planned, he waitin for either me or metro to say somethin comparin Dwight and KG. He probally added those articles to his favorites, hopin to land himself his first victory. Dont take it personal, when it comes to business the Mac 10 is always fully loaded. I know several other ways I couldve shut you down, but im not gonna waste my time. Fuck outta here