Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!

  1. #31
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    jared jefferies with skills???? doesnt make sense at all....Amare n jared shud never b in the same sentence unless u say amre dunked on jefferies.....i wonder how ppl would respond to this question b4 all star break....KG is still the most complete player in the nba
    all tall and skinny and ****

  2. #32

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Sometimes opinions are accepted but not when your talkin about facts

    CP3>>>DW

    Next Arguement: Whos the best of these 3?

    Dwight Howard
    Amare Stoudamire
    Kevin Garnett
    You're not talking about facts, you make no sense.

    K.G. by far is the best of those 3. Howard and Stoudemire each need to greatly improve their defense before they could be put in Garnett's class.

  3. #33
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    You're not talking about facts, you make no sense.

    K.G. by far is the best of those 3. Howard and Stoudemire each need to greatly improve their defense before they could be put in Garnett's class.
    KG is the best but not by far, Dwight is just as good/better defensivley then KG. Stats cant prove this, its hard to compare KGs stats because of the amount of help he has. Celtics do have the best record, and the best defense. Statistically Howard is far better then KG, but again here you cant go by stats, unlike the Paul vs Williams argument.

    You are the worst poster on here, tellin me im not talkin about facts. The first post of this thread is nothin but facts. I dont believe that you really think DW is better then CP3, and that KG is "far" better then Amare and Dwight, I think your just sayin this to provoke another argument. This time I will be postin no stats, I have learned that you are no where near my level as a poster and that you cant admit defeat.

    You show no respect, even where its due. It dont matter if you dislike what I post, you have to admit I came with some good stats. You kept bitchin about how DW always outplays CP3, well in 2 games this year Williams has sucked against Daniel Gibson. None of this means anything, the only thing that counts is how a player does throughout the 82 games of a season, it is a FACT that Paul is better then Williams. **** outta here kid.

  4. #34
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    He has 216 and hasn't said anything meaningful. Another W for MSG, Pancakes for his 216th L.

  5. #35

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    KG is the best but not by far, Dwight is just as good/better defensivley then KG.
    Oh really just as good you say? Man oh man are you lost...

    Here are some Stan Van Gundy quotes From Feb 11 on Dwight Howard and his d. Stan Van Gundy by the way is Dwight Howard's coach in case you didn't know.

    "His focus isnít where it needs to be. I donít think, right now, weíre on the same page to be quite honest. I think his priorities need to be defense and rebounding. Weíre 22-2 when he blocks three shots or more and heís got five blocks in the last six games so heís not focusing on coming to help.

    He had 23 15-plus rebounds in the first 41 games and he has one in the past 12 games. He didnít even have a double-figure rebounding game (on Monday). Itís a matter of focus and his focus is on the offensive end and he gets discouraged when he doesnít get the ball. I donít think, I know, that the numbers prove that what we need him to focus on to win is defense and rebounding. But thatís not what he wants to do right now, so we have a little bit of a conflict."

    Van Gundy even went so far as to bench his franchise player as a result of his lack of defensive effort and intensity. To Dwight Howard's credit he not only took being called out in stride but also agreed with his coach.


    "I get frustrated a little bit, but I have to do whatís right for our team. I need to do what will help our team win, which is rebound, play great defense and be active. I know that. Iím not worried about him sitting me down. His point was that he needs me to play hard so that my teammates see me playing hard. If Iím not playing hard and doing the things the team needs, weíre not going to win. To help the team I have to step up every night and be the catalyst at both ends of the floor.íí

    Then this past week after being matched up with Chris Bosh and having Bosh eat his lunch, Van Gundy said after the game that "Bosh destroyed Howard".

    More Van Gundy thoughts after the Magic played the Raptors...

    ďThere was not one thing they did that we could guard. Chris Bosh we could not guard, we didnít have anybody that could guard him, weíll have to think about double-teaming him next time. I thought Dwight (Howard) could guard him a little bit but he obviously could not. We could not guard (Jose) Calderon on the pick-and-roll at all and we did not close out on their shooters. There wasnít one thing we did defensively tonight that impacted them whatsoever. We didnít have much trouble getting good shots and scoring, thatís not the issue against this team. Weíve got to be able to guard them, we could not and end of story"

    So MSG when it comes to comparing KG and Dwight Howard as defensive players and saying something as retarded and ignorant as Howard is just as good as Garnett it is you that needs to get the **** outta here.

  6. #36
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Oh really just as good you say? Man oh man are you lost...

    Here are some Stan Van Gundy quotes From Feb 11 on Dwight Howard and his d. Stan Van Gundy by the way is Dwight Howard's coach in case you didn't know.

    "His focus isnít where it needs to be. I donít think, right now, weíre on the same page to be quite honest. I think his priorities need to be defense and rebounding. Weíre 22-2 when he blocks three shots or more and heís got five blocks in the last six games so heís not focusing on coming to help.

    He had 23 15-plus rebounds in the first 41 games and he has one in the past 12 games. He didnít even have a double-figure rebounding game (on Monday). Itís a matter of focus and his focus is on the offensive end and he gets discouraged when he doesnít get the ball. I donít think, I know, that the numbers prove that what we need him to focus on to win is defense and rebounding. But thatís not what he wants to do right now, so we have a little bit of a conflict."

    Van Gundy even went so far as to bench his franchise player as a result of his lack of defensive effort and intensity. To Dwight Howard's credit he not only took being called out in stride but also agreed with his coach.


    "I get frustrated a little bit, but I have to do whatís right for our team. I need to do what will help our team win, which is rebound, play great defense and be active. I know that. Iím not worried about him sitting me down. His point was that he needs me to play hard so that my teammates see me playing hard. If Iím not playing hard and doing the things the team needs, weíre not going to win. To help the team I have to step up every night and be the catalyst at both ends of the floor.íí

    Then this past week after being matched up with Chris Bosh and having Bosh eat his lunch, Van Gundy said after the game that "Bosh destroyed Howard".

    More Van Gundy thoughts after the Magic played the Raptors...

    ďThere was not one thing they did that we could guard. Chris Bosh we could not guard, we didnít have anybody that could guard him, weíll have to think about double-teaming him next time. I thought Dwight (Howard) could guard him a little bit but he obviously could not. We could not guard (Jose) Calderon on the pick-and-roll at all and we did not close out on their shooters. There wasnít one thing we did defensively tonight that impacted them whatsoever. We didnít have much trouble getting good shots and scoring, thatís not the issue against this team. Weíve got to be able to guard them, we could not and end of story"

    So MSG when it comes to comparing KG and Dwight Howard as defensive players and saying something as retarded and ignorant as Howard is just as good as Garnett it is you that needs to get the **** outta here.
    You came with some good stuff, but it still doesnt prove that KG is a better defender then Dwight Howard. The only thing you proved is that Dwight is in a slump, happens to most players at one point during the season. Even if KG was still on Minnesota (his stats would obviously be better), he still isnt as good of a rebounder/shot blocker/Intimidator as Dwight Howard but he gets a slight edge when it comes to team defense, the whole Celtics team play a great team defense. If you look at the stats you dont see them dominating other teams by blocking more shots and gettin the most steals, they do it as a team. When I watch them, they do a good job of keepin the offensive player in front of them. When they fail at this, they almost always rotate and help eachother, I hate the Celtics but they really know how to play as a team. Still good to see them lose 3 in a row.

    You came real ****y, and the ego was high, but I shot it all down with the MAC 10. Im not sure why Im still respondin to your posts, since you dont even read most of mine. F*ck outta here kid, stop bitin my ****. Get off my dick kid.

  7. #37
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    idk what ya talking about but i'll take KG today over dwight howard easy, KG's intesity and pride can't be measured, he's hungry for a Ring, and KG play 150% every possession

  8. #38

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    You came with some good stuff, but it still doesnt prove that KG is a better defender then Dwight Howard. The only thing you proved is that Dwight is in a slump, happens to most players at one point during the season.
    Unless your name is Isiah Thomas it takes a lot more then a 'slump' for an NBA
    coach to call out their franchise player like that. Howard must have been a dog on d more often then not for Van Gundy to rip him publicly like that.

    You're hot stuff MSG I gotta hand it to ya, you just never back down no matter how wrong you are. So go ahead and believe that Dwight Howard is almost as good as KG defensively, I mean really some people also believe Jesus is coming back to earth this year ya know?

    Also if you recall I believe last season even Eddy Curry had some huge games against Howard . Speaking of Curry and Howard, Dwight may not play much d right now but I guarantee you that with a coach like Stan Van Gundy and tutor like Patrick Ewing it won't be long before he becomes a beast on the d. Meanwhile Isiah and his minions I don't think have spent an hour with Curry trying to motivate him and teach him to play d. Eddy Curry is awful but he should not be this bad. Another reason why Isiah is a horrible coach.

  9. #39
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    idk what ya talking about but i'll take KG today over dwight howard easy, KG's intesity and pride can't be measured, he's hungry for a Ring, and KG play 150% every possession
    I said KG is still better but the gaps closing up.

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Unless your name is Isiah Thomas it takes a lot more then a 'slump' for an NBA
    coach to call out their franchise player like that. Howard must have been a dog on d more often then not for Van Gundy to rip him publicly like that.

    You're hot stuff MSG I gotta hand it to ya, you just never back down no matter how wrong you are. So go ahead and believe that Dwight Howard is almost as good as KG defensively, I mean really some people also believe Jesus is coming back to earth this year ya know?

    Also if you recall I believe last season even Eddy Curry had some huge games against Howard . Speaking of Curry and Howard, Dwight may not play much d right now but I guarantee you that with a coach like Stan Van Gundy and tutor like Patrick Ewing it won't be long before he becomes a beast on the d. Meanwhile Isiah and his minions I don't think have spent an hour with Curry trying to motivate him and teach him to play d. Eddy Curry is awful but he should not be this bad. Another reason why Isiah is a horrible coach.
    I never back down no matter how wrong I am?

    I have never been wrong when arguing with you, I was right with the Marbury debates and Paul vs Williams. This is the 1st time where good arguments can be made either way. Opinions are accepted here, were not dealing with facts like Chris Paul bein better then Williams.

    Im suprised your not tryin to say Dirk is better then all of them, your not stickin to your light-skin tendencies this time.

    Howards slump was from Feb. 1 to Feb 11th, where he averaged only .83 blocks per game.

    Since Van Gundy talked to him, hes averaged 2.5 blocks per game.

    ****in idiot, "Bosh Destroyed Howard"

    Bosh-40pts,5rbs
    Howard-37pts,15rbs

    Bosh scored 3 more points, big deal. Howard grabbed 10 more rebounds.

    You really are the worst poster ever. Who cares if Howard couldnt guard Bosh one time. In the first game between the 2, heres Boshs stat line:

    26pts(6-15), 14-14 FT

    Freethrow line saved his total points, he struggled. Ever think maybe he got hot against the Magic? Sometimes players who you would never expect go off for big scorin games.


    Amare Stoudamire outplayed Garnett the other night

    Stoudamire-28pts(10-23),6rbs,3blks
    Garnett-19pts(8-17),5rbs,1blk

    Does this make Stoudamire better then Garnett?

    Stop wastin my time, you thought you had this argument. I told you already you cant f*ck with me and your no where near my level, do you ever admit to losing? **** outta here pancakes, go back to college.

  10. #40
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    lol @ pancakes signin off because he knows he lost. His post was pre planned, he waitin for either me or metro to say somethin comparin Dwight and KG. He probally added those articles to his favorites, hopin to land himself his first victory. Dont take it personal, when it comes to business the Mac 10 is always fully loaded. I know several other ways I couldve shut you down, but im not gonna waste my time. **** outta here


  11. #41
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    KG is the best, basically because of his body of work. Plus KG is a better defender then Howard. Howard can block shots but KG can guard all 5 positions on the court, and thats just unheard of.

    I said this on the game thread, but in 3 years the best young big man in my opinion is going to be Al Jefferson. He's got the most polished offensive game out of all young guys you listed.

  12. #42
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    KG is still the best, i dont think this can be debated unless you throw Tim Duncan into the argument.

    Defensivly is where the opinions come in, I respect others opinions on this topic. I think good arguments can be made for both Dwight and KG. Get REalistic just dropped a one line argument that beats any argument from pancakes, KGs versatility/ability to guard multiple positions. I think KG is overrated here, sayin he can guard 1 to 5, but at the same time he can do a much better job of trying to guard point guards and shooting guards then any of the other candidates.

    I do think when guards break down the defense and look to attack the hoop, Howard is a better intimidator then KG. Rebounding is also part of defense, Howard is a better rebounder then KG. I dont think theres any facts here, its all opinion.

    Facts
    Marbury = best player on Knicks
    Chris Paul>>>Deron Williams
    EC House Special = worst poster

    Opinion
    Arguing about whos the best out of these 3: Kobe, Lebron, and Chris Paul.

  13. #43

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

    ****in idiot, "Bosh Destroyed Howard"

    Bosh-40pts,5rbs
    Howard-37pts,15rbs

    Bosh scored 3 more points, big deal. Howard grabbed 10 more rebounds.
    I'm the ****ing idiot??? Do you know how to read MSG? "Bosh destroyed Howard" was not something I said, it was a quote from Stan Van Gundy. So I guess you know more about basketball, the Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard then Stan Van Gundy. Silly Me. You need to stop focusing on stats because numbers can be very misleading.

    Yeah it is a big deal bro, the game between Toronto and Orlando was a blowout game from start to finish and if you look closely most of Howard's numbers were put up in the latter stages of the third quarter and the fourth during extensive garbage time as the Magic weakly attempted a comeback. Here are Van Gundy's thoughts about that...
    ďThose kinds of runs happen all the time in the NBA,Ē he said. ďAll (Mitchell) did was put Calderon and Bosh back in and game over.Ē

    Again let go of your stats pointing out the blocked shots, if his 'slump' was just ten days there is no way Stan Van Gundy would rip his superstar player like that. Only terrible coaches like Isiah Thomas do that a la what he did to Steph after the first 5 games of the season. It's not a 'slump' Howard is inconsistent defensively and his coach called him out on it.

    Furthermore our debate was about Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard as defensive players because somehow you think that Howard is in the same class defensively as KG.

  14. #44
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    I'm the ****ing idiot??? Do you know how to read MSG? "Bosh destroyed Howard" was not something I said, it was a quote from Stan Van Gundy. So I guess you know more about basketball, the Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard then Stan Van Gundy. Silly Me. You need to stop focusing on stats because numbers can be very misleading.
    I forgot to delete that, I realized after I read that from the quote but history shows im a much better reader then you.

    lol @ you actin like i only rely on stats, like I mentioned before guards are more hesitant to take it at Howard then KG, im not sayin they dont hesitate when KG is down low but Howards a better shot blocker.

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Yeah it is a big deal bro, the game between Toronto and Orlando was a blowout game from start to finish and if you look closely most of Howard's numbers were put up in the latter stages of the third quarter and the fourth during extensive garbage time as the Magic weakly attempted a comeback. Here are Van Gundy's thoughts about that...
    ďThose kinds of runs happen all the time in the NBA,Ē he said. ďAll (Mitchell) did was put Calderon and Bosh back in and game over.Ē

    Again let go of your stats pointing out the blocked shots, if his 'slump' was just ten days there is no way Stan Van Gundy would rip his superstar player like that. Only terrible coaches like Isiah Thomas do that a la what he did to Steph after the first 5 games of the season. It's not a 'slump' Howard is inconsistent defensively and his coach called him out on it.

    Furthermore our debate was about Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard as defensive players because somehow you think that Howard is in the same class defensively as KG.
    His slump started the beginning of February as I stated

    MAgic finished January winning 5 out of 6
    Howard had 21 blocks in the 6 games (3.5bpg)

    Other then Howards blocks, his points and rebounds are similar to his season averages, as I said the slump was from Feb. 1 to Feb. 11, dont question me.

    Howard is not inconsistent on defense, he had a 10 day slump, which according to you makes Stan Van Gundy a bad coach.

    Kevin Garnett is a greater team defender then Howard
    Howard is a better intimidator

    (Rebounding and blocking shots are part of defense)

    Its very close, it can go either way; Keep tryin, someday you'll get that 1st win. Why dont you check on these things first? Stats are very important in observations, as well as what is observed by watching. Im lethal with both, your another victim of the Mac 10. Im the stat King but I bring more then just stats, stop frontin.

    Find a new forum to join, **** outta here

  15. #45

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    His slump started the beginning of February as I stated

    MAgic finished January winning 5 out of 6
    Howard had 21 blocks in the 6 games (3.5bpg)

    Other then Howards blocks, his points and rebounds are similar to his season averages, as I said the slump was from Feb. 1 to Feb. 11, dont question me.

    Howard is not inconsistent on defense, he had a 10 day slump, which according to you makes Stan Van Gundy a bad coach.
    What are you talking about??? Howard himself as I posted earlier admitted that he's inconsistent with his defensive effort and needs to improve his focus and effort.

    More quotes from Coach Van Gundy

    "His focus is on the offensive end," Van Gundy said. "He gets discouraged when he doesn't get the ball. I think the numbers prove that what we need him to focus on to win is defensive rebounding, but that's not what he wants to do right now and we've got a little bit of a conflict."

    'When you're a great player and a franchise guy, there's more on you. He's got to accept it,' Van Gundy said Tuesday after the club's practice. 'He may not like it. He may not like the way I did it. But I've also done it before many times in private --- just he and I. I didn't think it was making an impact, so now it's out there for everybody. We'll see what happens.'

    'I think Dwight wants to be a great player. I think Dwight wants to be a winner. But we're in Year 4 and he hasn't won a playoff game.'

    Something tells me if Stan Van Gundy was coaching KG he wouldn't be calling him out like this.

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Kevin Garnett is a greater team defender then Howard
    Howard is a better intimidator

    (Rebounding and blocking shots are part of defense)
    You're funny you speak as if KG rebounds and block shots like Eddy Curry. Garnett in the past has led the NBA in rebounding and been amongst the league leaders in block shots for most of his career. KG is equally good as a rebounder and even though he's not better at blocking shots, he is more consistent.

    Again this is another example of how you just can't trust numbers, it is considered that Kevin Garnett is having the best defensive year of his career but if you look his rebounding and block shot numbers are down from years past.

    Where Howard has the edge on KG is on the offensive end where he is a more dominant force now, at this early stage of his career, then Garnett ever was.

Similar Threads

  1. Shaq to the Suns?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2008, 18:00
  2. Boxing
    By The 1 and Only in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2008, 01:23
  3. Knicks may go after Bucks' Mo Williams
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2007, 12:15
  4. Knicks To Work Out Sean Williams
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 29, 2007, 09:32
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 14:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •