Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58

Thread: GOLD MAC 10 ends Paul vs Williams debate!!!

  1. #46
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    What are you talking about??? Howard himself as I posted earlier admitted that he's inconsistent with his defensive effort and needs to improve his focus and effort.

    More quotes from Coach Van Gundy

    "His focus is on the offensive end," Van Gundy said. "He gets discouraged when he doesn't get the ball. I think the numbers prove that what we need him to focus on to win is defensive rebounding, but that's not what he wants to do right now and we've got a little bit of a conflict."

    'When you're a great player and a franchise guy, there's more on you. He's got to accept it,' Van Gundy said Tuesday after the club's practice. 'He may not like it. He may not like the way I did it. But I've also done it before many times in private --- just he and I. I didn't think it was making an impact, so now it's out there for everybody. We'll see what happens.'

    'I think Dwight wants to be a great player. I think Dwight wants to be a winner. But we're in Year 4 and he hasn't won a playoff game.'

    Something tells me if Stan Van Gundy was coaching KG he wouldn't be calling him out like this.



    You're funny you speak as if KG rebounds and block shots like Eddy Curry. Garnett in the past has led the NBA in rebounding and been amongst the league leaders in block shots for most of his career. KG is equally good as a rebounder and even though he's not better at blocking shots, he is more consistent.

    Again this is another example of how you just can't trust numbers, it is considered that Kevin Garnett is having the best defensive year of his career but if you look his rebounding and block shot numbers are down from years past.

    Where Howard has the edge on KG is on the offensive end where he is a more dominant force now, at this early stage of his career, then Garnett ever was.
    Dwight Howard is still young and improving, Van Gundy is pushing him to get the most out of him. Garnett is a 32, it was stupid of you to bring up that his coach doesnt get on him, no ****. As good as Howard already is, hes still gettin better.

    Dwight Howard in his 4th season is averaging more blocks then Garnett ever did.

    Dwight-2.4 blocks per game

    Garnett had only 2 seasons where he averaged above 2 blocks per game. In his second season, he averaged 2.1 blocks and in 2003-04 he averaged 2.2 blocks.

    Once again, Dwight Howard, only in his 4th season is averaging more rebounds the KG ever did.

    Howard-14.6rpg
    Garnett-13.9rpg (2003-04)

    I took into consideration that Gay G's stats are lower then they would be if he was still with Minnesota.

    The fact that KG never averaged the number of rebounds and blocks that Dwight Howard is averaging in his 4th season, is a good argument as to why Howard is an equal/better defender.

    Dwight is obviously a star, having a great season. The way Van Gundy described Howard sounds like hes exagerating, trying to motivate Dwight to continue to elevate his game, which he will.

    KG is statistically not as good of a defender as Dwight, but a good argument can be made for him as well. He has helped make the Celtics into the best defensive team in the league, and they do it by playing as a team, not with stats. Does KG have more help defensivley, then Dwight?

    Yes, since Kendrick Perkins came into the league I saw potential in him to become a good defender. Paul Pierce is also an above average defender. Ray Allen in the past has been known as a weak defender but even hes stepped it up. Rondo is a "stats" defender, he gets his steals but he gets beat off the dribble by other point guards. I hate to admit this, but Rondo is improving.

    Would the Celtics still have the best defense if they had Dwight Howard instead of KG?

    I think so, but theres no way to prove this either way.

  2. #47
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    lol I tried to spare you another loss by sayin Dwight and KG were about even, but your stubborness resulted in yet another L. At this point I feel bad, you been thrown and kicked around the forum. Fact is theres good arguements either way, its really a matter of opinion. Dont worry, those wounds from the Gold MAC 10 will heal up eventually. Get some ice on them, that will reduce the swelling.

  3. #48

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    lol I tried to spare you another loss by sayin Dwight and KG were about even, but your stubborness resulted in yet another L. At this point I feel bad, you been thrown and kicked around the forum. Fact is theres good arguements either way, its really a matter of opinion. Dont worry, those wounds from the Gold MAC 10 will heal up eventually. Get some ice on them, that will reduce the swelling.
    First of all the reason you think you never lose an argument is because you can never admit that you're wrong. Just because you say you haven't lost doesn't make it true. KG is better then Dwight Howard defensively and that is clear as day to anybody that watches NBA basketball.

    What can I say MSG? If you really think that Dwight Howard is as good as KG defensively I can't help you. If this was 500 years ago you'd still be arguing that the world is flat when it was already proven to be round. Someday maybe Howard will reach his defensive potential but today is not that day.

  4. #49
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    First of all the reason you think you never lose an argument is because you can never admit that you're wrong. Just because you say you haven't lost doesn't make it true. KG is better then Dwight Howard defensively and that is clear as day to anybody that watches NBA basketball.

    What can I say MSG? If you really think that Dwight Howard is as good as KG defensively I can't help you. If this was 500 years ago you'd still be arguing that the world is flat when it was already proven to be round. Someday maybe Howard will reach his defensive potential but today is not that day.
    Im suprised I forgot a couple of arguments for Dwight Howard, but i dont care to keep this goin. I came with enough facts to support my argument. I dont think I lost an argument since I came on here, everything I say is backed up with enough stats/analysis to make it respectable. If you dont agree, I dont know what to tell you. I cant remember you ever admitting to losing an argument.

  5. #50

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I cant remember you ever admitting to losing an argument.
    Because I haven't. We've had four arguments here...

    1) Marbury vs Baron Davis ...you and metro believe you won this one but you didn't ...but i've learned since that arguing, about marbury with ya'll is not worth it

    2) Josh Smith a risk to sign to a huge contract ...again you guys claim you won but you didnt prove me wrong in anyway

    3) Deron Williams vs Chris Paul ...this is one that someday i may be wrong about however thus far Williams has had a better NBA career... all I've ever said about Paul is that he needs to prove it

    4) Kevin Garnett's defense vs Dwight Howard's defense ...KG is a much better team and one on one defender despite Howard being a better shot blocker which you could even question because one of the reasons garnett doesnt get as many blocks as he used to is because players dont challenge him as much... I would argue using game film not stats that Garnett is the more feared defending the lane presence

  6. #51
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Because I haven't. We've had four arguments here...

    1) Marbury vs Baron Davis ...you and metro believe you won this one but you didn't ...but i've learned since that arguing, about marbury with ya'll is not worth it

    2) Josh Smith a risk to sign to a huge contract ...again you guys claim you won but you didnt prove me wrong in anyway

    3) Deron Williams vs Chris Paul ...this is one that someday i may be wrong about however thus far Williams has had a better NBA career... all I've ever said about Paul is that he needs to prove it

    4) Kevin Garnett's defense vs Dwight Howard's defense ...KG is a much better team and one on one defender despite Howard being a better shot blocker which you could even question because one of the reasons garnett doesnt get as many blocks as he used to is because players dont challenge him as much... I would argue using game film not stats that Garnett is the more feared defending the lane presence
    I never really cared about the Baron Davis vs Marbury argument, I do feel Marbury is the player but I spent more time tryin to show people that Marbury had his best year last year and that he wasnt gettin the credit deserved, out of all these arguments this is the only one i care about.

    I started the Josh Smith argument, but I wasnt even that big of a part of it. I think hes a good small forward to build around, the small forward position is tough and Smiths defense would be very valuable at that position.

    Chris Paul>>>Deron Williams, no arguement here.

    Flip a coin for Dwight vs KG, everyone makes it seems like 100% of all my arguments are based off stats but I watch the Magic and especially the Celtics, I see KG play all the time.

    Im not lookin to argue AS MUCH on here anymore, Im tired of people not given me my credit for providing good support for my arguments. I dont care if people disagree, but im not even gettin respect. It aint worth writin all these paragraphs and gettin all these stats when haters continue to hate, with their unfair/biased opinions. Some posters on here cant even read. This aint all directed at you, but im not lookin 2 get into a new argument every week anymore. When good arguments come up the Mac 10 will come out.

  7. #52
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    First of all the reason you think you never lose an argument is because you can never admit that you're wrong. Just because you say you haven't lost doesn't make it true. KG is better then Dwight Howard defensively and that is clear as day to anybody that watches NBA basketball.

    What can I say MSG? If you really think that Dwight Howard is as good as KG defensively I can't help you. If this was 500 years ago you'd still be arguing that the world is flat when it was already proven to be round. Someday maybe Howard will reach his defensive potential but today is not that day.
    He isn't wrong you insignificant fatass.

    MSG33 brought more solid facts to the table, you brought your worthless opinion.

    You're more delusional than Isiah Thomas high off an ounce of ganja, I claimed you as my adopted son in the Marbury/Francis, Josh Smith, Williams/Paul not even debates my *****, it was a masacare. I normally give people their props when they hold down a strong arguement(Don Chris, Roco, etc), but you're just mad stupid and delusional to make any sense...you just stay losing more than Eminem against the women of his life.

  8. #53
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    He isn't wrong you insignificant fatass.

    MSG33 brought more solid facts to the table, you brought your worthless opinion.

    You're more delusional than Isiah Thomas high off an ounce of ganja, I claimed you as my adopted son in the Marbury/Francis, Josh Smith, Williams/Paul not even debates my *****, it was a masacare. I normally give people their props when they hold down a strong arguement(Don Chris, Roco, etc), but you're just mad stupid and delusional to make any sense...you just stay losing more than Eminem against the women of his life.
    I didnt want 2 rub it in his face but you brought most of the arguments and kimbo sliced him in those debates. I came with some facts as well but those arguments were all over by the time I got to them. EC house special cant admit defeat, its no longer worth arguin with him and other posters like jimmy boy whos even worse, he cant read at all. I just destroyed EC in the CP3 Williams argument, I didnt want to get into another argument again. Like I said before he was stubborn and I had to shut him down. After this im goin to be more selective with who I argue with.

  9. #54
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I didnt want 2 rub it in his face but you brought most of the arguments and kimbo sliced him in those debates. I came with some facts as well but those arguments were all over by the time I got to them. EC house special cant admit defeat, its no longer worth arguin with him and other posters like jimmy boy whos even worse, he cant read at all. I just destroyed EC in the CP3 Williams argument, I didnt want to get into another argument again. Like I said before he was stubborn and I had to shut him down. After this im goin to be more selective with who I argue with.
    We're actually way too nice giving them the time to actually provide them solid information. Whatever, I can't read Pancakes post; too boring. One or two lines at most, after that my eyes get heavy.

    The previous debates were very abusive and one sided. Bringing up all the quotes from those debates would be man MEAN and ****ed up...I don't feel the need to do that.

  10. #55
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    How can anyone mess with the elites? MSG33, Metro,126, and GoDLEE42 are unstoppable. We just give the facts!

  11. #56
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I just destroyed EC in the CP3 Williams argument, I didnt want to get into another argument again.
    *after Metro won the arguement 10 times, I came in with a punch hopin to get him to stop bringin that up, I gotta give proper credit.

  12. #57

    Default

    You guys are idiots. If any of you think that Dwight Howard is anywhere near the defensive player that Kevin Garnett or for that matter Tim Duncan is at this point of his career you are lost.

  13. #58
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    You guys are idiots. If any of you think that Dwight Howard is anywhere near the defensive player that Kevin Garnett or for that matter Tim Duncan is at this point of his career you are lost.

Similar Threads

  1. Shaq to the Suns?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2008, 18:00
  2. Boxing
    By The 1 and Only in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2008, 01:23
  3. Knicks may go after Bucks' Mo Williams
    By YEARITEHERE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2007, 12:15
  4. Knicks To Work Out Sean Williams
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: May 29, 2007, 09:32
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 14:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •