New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors Game Thread 2/24

Who is the best PF/C out of the following?

• Gay G (The Big Dipshit)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Amare Stoudamire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eddy Curry

• Dwight Howard

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yao Ming

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Al Jefferson

• Tim Duncan (Dont forget me)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Shaquille O'Neal

• Marcus Camby

• Dirk Nowitzki

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks(16-38) vs The Toronto Raptors(29-23)
Fri. 2/24 at 6:00pm ET on MSG​

aircanadacentre1.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Friday nights game. The Knicks are coming off an exciting win against the Toronto Raptors. Crawford scored 43 points to lead the way. Zach Randolph added 26 points and 15 rebounds, a half court shot, and a clutch layup. We'll see if the Knicks can make it 2 in a row over the Raptors.

"If they stick to the script, they will have no problems with the Knicks."

These were my final words in what was previously here as my pre-game Raptors paragraph. Somehow the Knicks pulled off an upset. The Raptors were unable to contain Crawford and Chris Bosh was unable to deliver a huge game like last time. The reason for this might be because of Eddy Curry only gettin 9 minutes of playing time. It will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets on Sunday.

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

The Toronto Raptors

pg-Jose Calderon
sg-Anthony Parker
sf-Demario Moon
pf-Chris Bosh
C-Andrea Bargnani

*T.J. Ford is listed as day-to-day (suprise)

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD NATE ROBINSON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

Will be updated tomorrow afternoon, sorry for lazyness. Not exactly the most inspiring team, even after Toronto win. Tomorrow they'll get revenge.

New Song by Rakim, check at the bottom.

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: ANTHONY PARKER VS JAMAL CRAWFORD

raptors.jpg

crawford7_090707dwpg.jpg

knicks101.jpg

clown1.jpg

Jamal Crawford Last 5 Games

Jamal Crawford might be the closest thing the Knicks have to a leader, but at the same time hes far from a leader. On a team where his role could be reduced, he mite not be that bad of a role player. The problem is you cant turn a role player into a star. Overall Crawfords shot has been off all season, but over the last 5 games he has shown a small improvement but he'll have a game or 2 soon where his shooting percentage is very low, its part of his routine. Heres his stats for the last 5 games:

43.6mpg
23ppg
42.86fg%
35.3% 3PT
6apg
3rpg
2spg
3.2topg

Crawfords turnovers have gone up. Isiahs son is well conditioned, but after that I cant give him too much credit. He needs to attack the basket more, hes got the handling skills and speed to get to the rim.

7.8 field goals made per game
18.2 field goals attempted per game

2.4 3PT made per game
6.8 3PT attempted per game

Crawford has attempted 34 3pointers and 30 freethrows over the last 5 games. I hope some of the people who say Im too hard on Crawford (no homo) see what Im talkin about. Part of the blame has to go to Isiah Thomas, but when Crawfords on the court, being an excellent free throw shooter he needs to attack and go to the line more often. His soft mentality prevents him from having more value, im not even gonna talk about his defense.

Anthony Parker Last 5 Games

33mpg
7.4ppg
36.36fg%
28.6% 3PT
1.2apg
3.2rpg
.8spg
.2topg

Very low numbers for Anthony Parker, but .2 turnovers in 33 minutes per game is very impressive. Usually, his shooting percentages are above 46%, but recently hes making Crawford look like a good shooter. Parker is normally does not make a big impact statistically, hes a good team player who defends, plays within the team system, and does not turn the ball over that much. We'll see if his defense can slow down Crawford.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Give the ball to Q-Rich!!! (Im sorry for this one)
  • Perimeter Defense!!!! Raptors-42% 3PT (1st in league)
  • Crash Boards!!!! Knicks rpg-17th Raptors rpg-29th(soft)
  • Take Care of the Ball!!! Raptors-11.1topg(1st-tied with Pistons) Celtics-14.3topg(17th)(That will hurt in the playoffs)

New Song by Rakim, this shits crazy!!!!

Artist:Rakim
Title:Its Nothing (produced by Just Blaze)
Album: ?
Year:2008

01_h.jpg

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Fri, Feb 22 vs Toronto 7:30 PM
  • Sun, Feb 24 @ Toronto 6:00 PM
  • Wed, Feb 27 vs Charlotte 7:30 PM

That does it for my pregame show. I thank everyone for joining me and remember to tune in Sunday night to catch the Knicks and the Raptors.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I voted for Dwight Howard even though Gay G The Big lick-shit is probally still the best, I think its close between Dwight, amare, and Gay G. I would pick Dwight because hes the best defender/rebounder of the 3, and I wouldnt even consider Gay G because of his age, if I had the chance to pick between the 3 of them. Amare is very skilled offensively, but I think his injury took somethin away from his jumping ability. Hes still very athletic, but now as athletic as he was. We have to also remember if Dwight Howard was playin with Steve Nash (no homo), his offensive production would increase. I didnt want to be responsible for Gay G winning this poll if he does, but hes still the best. Not for long though, Dwights gonna be better next year.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Its the vote for Shaq that really threw me off, it has to be a joke. Or maybe it was EC's House Special, nah it cant be. He would vote for Dirk Nowitzki because of his light skin tendencies, hes in love with Deron Williams.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with MSG. The Raptors will get revenge tomorrow afternoon.The Knicks still got no defense, and it almost cost them last game. They just got lucky that Crawford was knocking down all those chucked shots he usually misses, and Z-BO got that clutch lay up that would've been blocked if he were right handed.I hope the Knicks win, because it would be humiliating for the Raptors to lose 2 in a row to a team that's 5th in the Atlantic Division.The Knicks need to play these Raptors like they wanna win a championship, so that they could have the pleasure of embarrassing an elite Eastern Conference team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I went with Dwight, because he is the most dominent of the bunch, and his game is still improving. His FT shooting has improved, as well as his overall game. Will eventually be an MVP.

Here is another question....how will Jamal respnd to his 43 points?

a. Another streaky performance of 30 or more
b. Cold Shooting night; something like 7 of 23
c. A decent shooting night; something like 8 of 17

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I voted for Dwight Howard on the poll, I think Dwight has the most potential, but I think that when ever Greg Oden will be playing he will make an impact as one of the most dominate players in the game.

Knicks will loose.. 98 TOR 90 NYK

My Throwback.

Toronto is 16-11 at home, not a bad record.

Pricey

Rotation player
The poll was who is the best PF\C out of the following... on that basis you would have to go Tim Duncan wouldnt you? for potential and stuff you would go Howard cause he could be anything and is probably the best C in the East but Duncan is the man.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Good video 126, DMX is easily top 10.

Good point Pricey, Duncan has held it down the longest and continues to hold it down. Counter arguments can be made by hypathetically speakin, replacing Duncan with another player included in the poll, and sayin the Spurs would have still won their championships with that player.

exp. If Kevin Garnett was a Spur all these years, would they have more or less rings?

When removing all the "ifs" Duncan is easy to argue as the best. When it comes to the playoffs, he mite be the most unstoppable of all them; no one uses the glass like he does.

The Games about an hour away, Raptors will be seeking revenge for the upset they suffered Friday night. They will be successful, beating the Knicks by at least 10.

nyKnicks126

lol Curry missed the dunk. He should get 5 minutes tonight. Eddy Curry makes are team worse then it already is.

Moon>>>>Curry lol. and Moon is 6'8.

Last edited:

GetRealistic

Starter
Whoever voted for Al Jefferson is a smart guy. He's not as good as KG, and the rest of the guys on that list be he has the potential to be just as good as Amare and Howard.

Seems like a lot of people forget about him when you mention the next generation of talented big me. In two years the T-Wolves and Celtics trade won't look so bad.

nyKnicks126

The Knicks are loosing only because they are giving up to many offensive boards.

I like the hustle from Balkman by the way, good rebounding.

GetRealistic

Starter
How embarassing would it be for Toronto to lose both games of a home and home to the Knicks. I could see us maybe winning but it don't really matter.

F Toronto though, their fans don't care bout basketball all they care about is hockey. But i can't talk, the Knicks are so bad i've actually watched a few Rangers games.

nyKnicks126

Remember the 8 year loosing season of the Rangers like 3 years ago. it was like they didn't they didn't make the playoffs from 1996-2004 or something like that.

David Lee dunked on Brezec and one!! I don't like Brezec, he thinks he is a leader lol, but he isn't really.

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea MSG went like 3 or 4 seasons without hosting a playoff game of any kind. The only thing that dug the Rangers out of their whole was the strike. The NHL strike led to new rules that brought in a salary cap restriction and new rules, and the two years of off time gave the Rangers the time to unload al their bad contracts and rebuild.

And after like 8 years of awfulness their pretty decent.

I don't think i could live without Knicks basketball but if a strike led to some new NBA rules and the Knicks rebuilding completely i could deal with it.

Dolan and MSG as a whole don't realize. We could deal with a losing season or two if we saw the light at the end of the tunnle, but we're just losing with no prospects of possibly getting better.

Out of the guys you mentioned ya still gotta go with Tim Duncan in my opinion with Kevin Garnett second and you could probably make arguments for a lot of other guys coming in 3rd.

As far as potential goes Dwight Howard definitely has the highest upside.

I really don't like Crispino doing the games he never ever says anything negative about the Knicks. You would think he's doing the games of one of the NBA's most outstanding franchises.

I like Randolph's game but he's tough to take when he's complaining about foul calls while his man is beating him down the floor.

Eddy Curry is still horrible.