Isiah: "We're headed in the right direction"

metrocard

Legend
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/

?We weren?t trying to break anything up," Thomas said as he explained the inactivity at the trade deadline. "I think this is a time you use more caution and you are a little more conservative. You don?t want to take a step back. In the situation that we?re in, I believe we have good young players, I believe we have good young talent, even though we haven?t played like I thought we would have played this year . . . The most important thing is we didn?t take a step back. We didn?t try to save the day with that one savior, bad contract that goes on for a lifetime. It?s a tough position that we?re in right now, but I do believe we?re still headed in the right direction.?

Now you're being conservative? Whatever happened to the trade happy Isiah? Now you bitching out, shook to make a trade because you've been raped by every GM in the league? Foolish man, the most important thing we didn't take a STEP foward; we took a lot of steps back because of your foolish trades and now you're going to hold us hostage till these contracts expiring or you go crazy again and trade away the expiring contracts for T-Mac and Vince Carter?

?We only have one big contract; that?s Marbury?s contract," he said. "Zach?s contract, you know, for the way he produces, his numbers and everything, is justified. He?s played well for us. Other than that, everybody else is in the 5-to-8 milllion dollar range. The players that are performing for us on a nightly basis and playing for us on a nightly basis, some of them aren?t even making 2-to-3 million dollars. We?re very cognizant and very conscious of getting the number down and managing our number and I think we?re in a manageable situation right now. I?m glad we didn?t do anything yesterday to damage that.?

Q-Rich, Crawford, Curry, Jefferies, Rose all make starters type salaries, why is Isiah lying to himself?

The way Zach produces? No wonder why Isiah is awful at trades. He looks primarily at how players produce individually instead of how well they work within the team.

The reality knowing he isn't fired Isiah is fucking crazy, it really is fucking crazy and I will never forgive Dolan or any dickhead under Dolan for letting this shit go on for too long.

take a step back from what? the laughing stock of the league?

The All-Isiah Team
C-Curry/Jerome James
PF-Malik Rose
SF-Jefferies/J. Rose/Q-Rich
SG-Crawford
PG-Francis*

*Francis has some skills

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury's the only big contract we have? What about Eddy Curry's 55 million dollar contract, Jamal Crawford's 52 million dollar contract, Quentin Richardson's 40 million dollar contract, Zach Randolph's 85 million dollar contract, Jared Jeffries' 30 million dollar contract, Jerome James' 30 million dollar contract, and Malik Rose's 7 mil/yr contract? And since when is Isiah conservative? Isn't he the same person that gave a total of 8 draft picks(some protected and others unprotected) for Marbury and Curry? And isn't he the same person that has traded Penny Hardway's, Antonio Davis', and Tim Thomas' expiring contracts for Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, and Eddy Curry?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Marbury's the only big contract we have? What about Eddy Curry's 55 million dollar contract, Jamal Crawford's 52 million dollar contract, Quentin Richardson's 40 million dollar contract, Zach Randolph's 85 million dollar contract, Jared Jeffries' 30 million dollar contract, Jerome James' 30 million dollar contract, and Malik Rose's 7 mil/yr contract? And since when is Isiah conservative? Isn't he the same person that gave a total of 8 draft picks(some protected and others unprotected) for Marbury and Curry? And isn't he the same person that has traded Penny Hardway's, Antonio Davis', and Tim Thomas' expiring contracts for Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, and Eddy Curry?

those are not big contracts, jamal , eddy, Q, jerome james and malik rose are not big contract, they just long term, they dont even make 10 million dollars a year,

Kiyaman

Legend
I watched the Tennesee vs Memphis Game and seen great team-offense and great team-defense. Isiah making a trade would not have provided this Knick team with a Team Player.

Here's a comment Isiah made during the Jason Kidd Trade from Jersey to Dallas.
Thomas was asked at Monday's practice iif he can do anything he wants to do with the roster, which includes taking on salary if that kind of deal presents itself?

"Yes," he said.

So you're not under any restrictions?

"No."

And with this in mind, Jason Kidd may have an impact on Knick history one last time as a Net. Isiah said he feels the Kidd trade to Dallas dramatically changes the climate in the East among teams vying for that last playoff spot.

"We’re sitting here today, if Kidd leaves Jersey, there’s still five-six teams that could move in," he said. "We’re one of those teams, so everybody in the league is still thinking and hoping they have a shot at it."

The Knicks is not squeezing by the YOUNG New Jersey "Del Harris & Marcus William" Nets, not as long as their underatted SF (RJ) keep scoring 15 to 25 points a game.
Dont we Knick-Fans wish Q.Richardson performance was half as good as RJ's.
Plus the Nets are not lacking in BIGMEN (this season), especially with Kristic & Boone finding their scoring game in midseason. Plus the Sean Williams & Diop challenging each other every game on whom get the most blockshots per game (Diop will turnout to be the best trainer and workout partner for Rookie Sean Williams NBA Future). Randolph Morris should've been so lucky.

The Nets only weakness is they are a Playoff Team without an experience Postseason Head Coach (Frank is still an interim coach). Although Wise coaching move by not throwing Del Harris into the rotation as soon as he arrived.

paris401

Starter

abcd... i feel u are being picky...

eddie is owed 32m over the next 3 years.... where u going to find a big man with his skills for an average 10m a year... the answer u can't... isiah stole curry from the bulls... that's rite it was an outrite steal...

zach is owed 48m over the next 3 years... this guy is an animal... 20/10 every nite, another steal... that's rite... a steal...

qrich is owed 19m over the next 2 years... solid..solid player... i'll admit started slow this year, but is coming on... my suggestion is to try and lock him up for another 1-2 years now, before his value triples...

jamal is owed 28m over the next 3 years.. it was a stroke of genius... thats rite... genius when isiah brought him in... he's better then wade, approaching the status of kobe...

starbury... is owed 21m and his contract is up next year... why the fuk hasn't isiah extended it... if isiah fuks it up and he leaves... isiah should get fired... .. isiah sign him to an extention N O W...

jerome.. is owed 13m over the next 2 years.... isiah has a nose for talent... excellent backup ... he would be a building block on any other team..

jarad.... is owed 19m over the next 3 years... this guy can fukin ball.. and his "D"... none better in the nba... and his ball-handling skills... u guys are falling all over chris paul... fuk him... he can't hold jarad's jock-strap..

fred jones... oops first i gotta take my daily dose of lithium...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
abcd... i feel u are being picky...

eddie is owed 32m over the next 3 years.... where u going to find a big man with his skills for an average 10m a year... the answer u can't... isiah stole curry from the bulls... that's rite it was an outrite steal...

zach is owed 48m over the next 3 years... this guy is an animal... 20/10 every nite, another steal... that's rite... a steal...

qrich is owed 19m over the next 2 years... solid..solid player... i'll admit started slow this year, but is coming on... my suggestion is to try and lock him up for another 1-2 years now, before his value triples...

jamal is owed 28m over the next 3 years.. it was a stroke of genius... thats rite... genius when isiah brought him in... he's better then wade, approaching the status of kobe...

starbury... is owed 21m and his contract is up next year... why the fuk hasn't isiah extended it... if isiah fuks it up and he leaves... isiah should get fired... .. isiah sign him to an extention N O W...

jerome.. is owed 13m over the next 2 years.... isiah has a nose for talent... excellent backup ... he would be a building block on any other team..

jarad.... is owed 19m over the next 3 years... this guy can fukin ball.. and his "D"... none better in the nba... and his ball-handling skills... u guys are falling all over chris paul... fuk him... he can't hold jarad's jock-strap..

fred jones... oops first i gotta take my daily dose of lithium...

That's hilarious!
From an optimists point of view I can say the good thing is next season will be one more year off of every one's contracts. Next season Richardson will have only two years remaining, next season and the season after. The same goes for Jerome James. These two guys may actually be tradable after this season. And Curry, well, I don't see how we can trade him unless we package him with a younger more marketable player.

Curry's a guy that I actually feel bad for. He's not a Quame Brown. He is an example of why every one with serious talent should play college ball. Just when it starts to look like Curry will be some body, the focus or lack there of shifts to Zach Randolph. Randolph is a better scorer point blank, so in order for this miserable failure to even begin to start working, Curry must rebound and block a few shots or be traded. But most importantly I'm seriously hoping that Dolan will see that Thomas can't get it done. A lot of us believed but at some point you have to see that you gave it a shot but this isn't working and we need to move forward with a new GM and a new coach. But that's hard to do when the players seemed at one point to be united behind Thomas. I think Thomas should have had this year to improve but he didn't so show him the door.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
DELUSIONAL: A fixed false belief and is used in everyday language to describe a belief that is either false, fanciful or derived from deception. In psychiatry, the definition is necessarily more precise and implies that the belief is pathological (the result of an illness or illness process). As a pathology it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information or certain effects of perception which would more properly be termed an apperception or illusion. See below photo:
Report-Isiah-Thomas.article.jpg

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont have much to say hear, other then wheres nicksknicks when you need him? Isiah must Die!!!!!!!!! Die-Siah!!!!!!!!