Crawford?

chaos147

Rookie
I love how everyone accuses him of not being consistent but this guy dropped 30, 26, 21, 14(weak), and now 43.....come on give the guy credit wtf....he's no Lebron/Kobe/Mcrady, but on a shitty ass team like the knicks to even say we have talent is a hard thing to do. Crawford is the closest thing to a superstar on this god forsaken team. He is the only player averaging 20+ pts for this. The rest of this team can manage to average 20 pts but choose not to, Randolph(Probably going to get criticized for that but he was 20/10 before he came and got hit with the Knicks curse) Mar bury (def. going to get criticized for this one), and deep down inside i believe that fat lazy shit Curry (last year avged 19.6) could average 20. So please im tired of seeing people shit on Crawford calling him Isiah's son.Don't be mad because he's actually hustling and busting his ass. Thats whats wrong with New Yorkers(being one i feel i have the right to say this) we always look for the wrong in situations, im tired of seeing posters on this forums about Crawford being Isiah's son...could yall be more ignorant. Gets ready for "STFU NOOB@!@!@"..."YOU DONT KNOW HIT ABOUT BASKETBALLL"..."ARE YOU ISIAH THOMAS HIMSELF?@@@"
:smokin::smokin::thumbsup::peace:

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't know what you're talking about. Most people on this site don't say Crawford sucks. We've been saying the truth, which is he's a terrible leader. If Crawford was such a great leader, we wouldn't be 17-38, cause he would get on people's case for not playing any defense. But since he has no defense, he isn't someone to talk.Let's take a look at the facts that people like myself, MSG, and Metrocard have been bringing up on a consistant basis.
Fact 1- Jamal Crawford plays 41.7 minutes per game(second behind All Star Allen Iverson), yet he only ranks 21st in the NBA in scoring.
Fact 2- Jamal Crawford is a terrible defender. He leaves people wide open from 3, and he allows people to beat him off the dribble for easy lay ups.
Proof of his poor defense is all the guards that have had big scoring nights against Jamal, such as Aaron Brooks of the Rockets, Willie Green of the 76ers, and John Salmons of the Kings. The list goes on, but I have a life, so I'm not gonna list 100s of people that could fit on the list.
Fact 3- Zach Randolph has a higher efficiency than Jamal Crawford(18.84 to 15.91 eff), despite playing 8 mpg less than Crawford, and despite averaging 3 fewer ppg than Crawford.This means Crawford statistically hurts the team when he's on the floor for all those minutes.
Fact 4-This is my favorite one. Jamal Crawford averages more 3 point attempts as free throw attempts for his career, and is averaging more 3 point attempts as free throws this year, also. In other words, he has some of the worst shot selection in the NBA.
Here's the numbers, so that you know I'm not making this up:
Field goal attempts per game this season: 17
Free throw attempts per game this season: 4.5
3 point attempts per game this season:338
Free throw attempts this season: 254
Fact 5- Jamal Crawford is the longest tenured player in the NBA to have never made the playoffs.
Fact 6- Jamal Crawford is not the best player on the team(Both Zach Randolph and Stephon Marbury are better players than him)and Nate Robinson and Mardy Collins are better at taking care of the basketball than him, yet Isiah gives him the most minutes, the most shot attempts, and the most freedom on the team. Call everyone on this site that feels like this crazy, but it sure does seem like Isiah is using some favoritism.
Fact 7- If you're a fan of Jamal Crawford, that's okay. He's a good scorer. But to say that our criticism is unjustified is crazy.Jamal Crawford is one dimensional, whether you like it or not. The stats speak for themselves. The only thing Crawford can do is score. And he is inconsistent, hence his 41% field goal percentage. Anyone averaging 17 attempts per game should not be shooting 41%, unless you plan on hurting the team.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I don't know what you're talking about. Most people on this site don't say Crawford sucks. We've been saying the truth, which is he's a terrible leader. If Crawford was such a great leader, we wouldn't be 17-38, cause he would get on people's case for not playing any defense. But since he has no defense, he isn't someone to talk.Let's take a look at the facts that people like myself, MSG, and Metrocard have been bringing up on a consistant basis.

man please, crawford was forced to be our leader, stephon was suppose to be our guy, the rock of our team and then he disappeared with the injury, and everybody keeps talking about "oh jamal plays too many minutes" and he averages 41 minutes a game, ya gotta get this shyt straight, jamal was not averaging 41 minutes b4 stephon got hurt, and if he doesnt paly 41 minutes, where da hell gonna get the offensive threat from???who, ya favorite player, david lee???balkman???u gotta be kidding me man

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
man please, crawford was forced to be our leader, stephon was suppose to be our guy, the rock of our team and then he disappeared with the injury, and everybody keeps talking about "oh jamal plays too many minutes" and he averages 41 minutes a game, ya gotta get this shyt straight, jamal was not averaging 41 minutes b4 stephon got hurt, and if he doesnt paly 41 minutes, where da hell gonna get the offensive threat from???who, ya favorite player, david lee???balkman???u gotta be kidding me man
I think Jamal Crawford should be playing no more than 30 minutes per game. When Crawford played in the Larry Brown season, and when he played last year, a big part of his success was less playing time. He's too inconsitent to be playing all those minutes. And actually, we could play Fred Jones, Nate Robinson, and Mardy Collins some of the minutes at point and shooting guard, so that he could get less playing time.Isiah is overplaying him, and his lower eff than Randolph is proof. How does a guy that plays 8 mpg less than you have a higher efficiency? I respect the fact that Crawford gives it his 100% every game, but he's being overplayed, and that's a fact.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
datruth when we had Van Gundy, i remember winning a lot of games scoring only 80 points.

but can we stop a team from scoring 80 points????
those teams had camby and a heart of leader in sprewell, so u really not saying much wit dat

clumsy

Rotation player
to be honest, Defense is just hustle. That's the fault of the coach that they can't play team D.

EDIT: I refuse to believe that cats can make it to the NBA and not be able to play D. Like damn, bring a cattle prod or taser to practice or some shit...do something.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I think Jamal Crawford should be playing no more than 30 minutes per game. When Crawford played in the Larry Brown season, and when he played last year, a big part of his success was less playing time. He's too inconsitent to be playing all those minutes. And actually, we could play Fred Jones, Nate Robinson, and Mardy Collins some of the minutes at point and shooting guard, so that he could get less playing time.Isiah is overplaying him, and his lower eff than Randolph is proof. How does a guy that plays 8 mpg less than you have a higher efficiency? I respect the fact that Crawford gives it his 100% every game, but he's being overplayed, and that's a fact.

can somebody tell me the big F*cking deal of mardy collins, the same reason's alot of you guys hate jamal which TO's, mardy collins be making the dumbest decions i ever seen, i aint going front either, he's slick on defense but damn he cant contain the ball, and if you guys do your math, jamal's TO's have dropped since stephon been injured

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ABCD-I wasnt even goin to post here, I came on real quick this mornin before work. Im glad to see you shot down threadstarter with the gold Mac 10, this is one of those threads that had me shakin my head. Threadstarter only looks at his points, not shooting percentages.

man please, crawford was forced to be our leader, stephon was suppose to be our guy

Why does everyone continue to say this was Marburys team when we have quotes from Isiah saying that this is Currys team, and quotes from Marbury sayin the offense was ran through Z-Bo, Crawford, and Curry?
To everyone sayin this, f*ck outta here

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm done talking. Our 17-39 record speaks for itself.Don't tell me Crawford makes a good leader when we have that kind of a record.There's obviously more cons than pros about playing him 41 mpg and making him our go to guy.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Why does everyone continue to say this was Marburys team when we have quotes from Isiah saying that this is Currys team, and quotes from Marbury sayin the offense was ran through Z-Bo, Crawford, and Curry?
To everyone sayin this, f*ck outta here

i heard isiah say plenty of times saying things like he wants leadership and defense from our PG position and just because eddy curry is the guy we run the offense through, that doesnt mean eddy curry is da guy we look to lead us

I'm done talking. Our 17-39 record speaks for itself.Don't tell me Crawford makes a good leader when we have that kind of a record.There's obviously more cons than pros about playing him 41 mpg and making him our go to guy.
word if jamal was a leader we'd have a playoff spot.

Starks

Starter
you know, for a site that gives so much fan fare to particular players that shall remain nameless, I have no clue why Jamal gets a level of pure hate that is about as intense as it is for Thomas.

I don't like Jamal, but I don't hate him as much as others do for some reason.

baffles the mind

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't hate Jamal. I've said before that he's a good scorer and that I think he deserves a spot on the team with a reduced role. I just don't like all the favoritism he's getting from Isiah Thomas, and I don't like the fact that all these fans that just look at stats are acting like if Crawford is a star.He doesn't deserve this treatment, and the proof is our 17-39 record.Crawford is a role player. A 3rd option at best. He should not be getting 40+ minutes,all the shot opportunities he wants, and no punishment for not playing defense and for not trying to get to the foul line. Not once have I seen Isiah talk to Crawford on the bench about his shot selection or his defense. Can't he at least tell him,"try to draw a foul.You're an 86% free throw shooter." or "stay on your man. If you let him beat you off the dribble, he's gonna get an easy lay up."

chaos147

Rookie
:smokin:
Dude seriously, the first time you responded i agrred with what you said some what, but now i think thta you have no idea what your talking about. Mardy collins can't score to save his life, he misses open jump shots, open layups, he turns over the ball more then he scores. Nate robinson, yeah he could play the SG position, Fred Jones could to, but we are not in need of a SG, we need a PG, and with all the hate i got on Isiah, i gotta admit its not all his fault. He is trying to find the PG in robinson and Jones. As we see Crawford at the point wasnt working. And Crawford is not the damn leader, im tireed of hearing this. This went from Marburys team, to Currys Team, to now Crawfords team? Be serious dude....I do admit crawford gets a shitload of minutes he doesnt deserve but he is the only player capable of hitting shots with under 5 secs on the shotclock ont his team.
Now to all those people that are going to say i look at stats only, and stupid statements like "Hit em with the Gold mac 10"(im not evenn going to respond to that), im not favoring Jamal, not favoring Z-bo. But You people search for 1 person to blame, I repeat this is not Jamals Team, we have no leader, and you complainin about the mins Jamal getting , what about Curry, dude avged 19.6 pts and close to 10 bounds last year if nto 10. Where is he at now?, on the damn bench with all the other scrubs on the team. This team is f*cked because of the useless coach we have + many useless players we have. Jamals role has increased by alot i do agree , but that is only since Marbury is gone, who is a better shooter on the knicks besides Marbury?. Im not trying to start no beef with anyone over a damn forum, and no disrespect, but you people need to stop blaming one person, atleast blame the right person.

Last edited:

chaos147

Rookie
word if jamal was a leader we'd have a playoff spot.
Thats retarded, that's like saying Kevin Durant is going to take the Sonics to the playsoffs, you need more than 1 talented player in order to make the playoffs. Even Micheal Jordan didn't do it on his own.(Kukoc, Pippen)

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm far from a Jamal fan but if you put him on a good team with a proven veteren like Lebron and Cavs and Jamal would be a good player. If you remember the second half of Larry Browns season as coach Jamal was a much improved player as far as decison making.

But with this Knicks team he is given the ball with under 10 on the shot clock all the time so he has to chuck it up. Plus if him and Randolph don't score who will? Nate is streaky, and Lee for the most part only scores of setups from others and offensive rebounds.

If Crawford was a second option he'd be a good player.

Jamal can't be blamed for the fact Marbury is hurt/quit the team. Or that Curry has tooken 15 steps backwards in his progression.

chaos147

Rookie
I'm far from a Jamal fan but if you put him on a good team with a proven veteren like Lebron and Cavs and Jamal would be a good player. If you remember the second half of Larry Browns season as coach Jamal was a much improved player as far as decison making.

But with this Knicks team he is given the ball with under 10 on the shot clock all the time so he has to chuck it up. Plus if him and Randolph don't score who will? Nate is streaky, and Lee for the most part only scores of setups from others and offensive rebounds.

If Crawford was a second option he'd be a good player.
Deff. agreed :agreed::smokin: