Crawford?

Kiyaman

Legend
Just so everyone remember, there is not one Knick Game past or future where Jamal Crawford does'nt show how terrible his DECISION-MAKING is.
Crawford is a 20 to 28 mpg scoring SG to have as a 2nd or 3rd option on offense.
Crawford is too lazy on defense to tell a teammate to play defense.
That's why Zach dont play DEFENSE because none of the Knick Starters play Defense (including BUM Q.Richardson).

When Jamal Crawford only equal 38% FG shooting, NO-DEFENSE, and bad decision-making where do LEADERSHIP fits in???

Toons

is the Bo$$
Just so everyone remember, there is not one Knick Game past or future where Jamal Crawford does'nt show how terrible his DECISION-MAKING is.

Crawford is too lazy on defense to tell a teammate to play defense.
That's why Zach dont play DEFENSE because none of the Knick Starters play Defense (including BUM Q.Richardson).

When Jamal Crawford only equal 38% FG shooting, NO-DEFENSE, and bad decision-making where do LEADERSHIP fits in???

LMAO, i expected more out of kyiaman, i watch every single knicks game, the majority of jamals turnovers comes from when he A) either palms or carries the ball, or B) our big men with butter fingers....including David lee, curry and z-bo....n that doesn't show on the stat sheet....and in the nba, to's are the passers fault...not matter if a stupid lazy eddy curry fubles the ball out of bounds......yadda yadda, we kno jamaal cant play defense, and because he doesn't, u blame the entire teams lack of defense on one player???? that is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard.....and if u read what the other guys were saying, NO1 SAID THAT THIS IS JAMAAL CRAWFORDS TEAM, NOR DID WE SAY HE IS A GOOD LEADER.....a good point was also made, when jamaal has the ball, how much time is left on the shot clock? 13? 10? no, its usually under 5 seconds, an if u disagree, WATCH A GAME....jamall bails this team out of bad offensive sets many times....lastly, nate is a second option at best...energy off the bench....mardy collins sucks....i dont see y u guys give mardy more respect than crawford.....u say play freddy jones.....FRED JONES??? so fred jones is better and more consistent than crawford?? jamaal is not a leader, i agree, he does taake bad shots at times, i agree, he needs to stop palming the ball, i agree....he can also have less minutes, BUT, who will be there besides crawford, when we are down 13, in the 3rd quarter? LMAO, MARDY FUCKING COLLINS AND FRED JONES?!?!?!? GET A LIFE!!!! our team sucks, so we use what we have!! fuck the stats, watch games

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
LMAO, i expected more out of kyiaman, i watch every single knicks game, the majority of jamals turnovers comes from when he A) either palms or carries the ball, or B) our big men with butter fingers....including David lee, curry and z-bo....n that doesn't show on the stat sheet....and in the nba, to's are the passers fault...not matter if a stupid lazy eddy curry fubles the ball out of bounds......yadda yadda, we kno jamaal cant play defense, and because he doesn't, u blame the entire teams lack of defense on one player???? that is the most stupidest thing i have ever heard.....and if u read what the other guys were saying, NO1 SAID THAT THIS IS JAMAAL CRAWFORDS TEAM, NOR DID WE SAY HE IS A GOOD LEADER.....a good point was also made, when jamaal has the ball, how much time is left on the shot clock? 13? 10? no, its usually under 5 seconds, an if u disagree, WATCH A GAME....jamall bails this team out of bad offensive sets many times....lastly, nate is a second option at best...energy off the bench....mardy collins sucks....i dont see y u guys give mardy more respect than crawford.....u say play freddy jones.....FRED JONES??? so fred jones is better and more consistent than crawford?? jamaal is not a leader, i agree, he does taake bad shots at times, i agree, he needs to stop palming the ball, i agree....he can also have less minutes, BUT, who will be there besides crawford, when we are down 13, in the 3rd quarter? LMAO, MARDY FUCKING COLLINS AND FRED JONES?!?!?!? GET A LIFE!!!! our team sucks, so we use what we have!! fuck the stats, watch games

thank you, alot of people say jamal takes a lot of bad shots but a lot of the times he's forced to take a bad shot because of the shot clock and that is part of the reason why he has a mediocre FG%, also all those long distance buzzer beaters he attempts that your favorite player on any team would just shoot when he hears the buzzer or would just fumble, jamal will chuck it, jamal doesn't care about his stats, and in no way im saying jamal is perfect when it comes to shot selection cuz he could improve in that

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I stopped reading at 'Crawford is the closest thing to a superstar on this god forsaken team.' You have really lowered the bar there. So because the team as a whole sucks and Crawford averages just over 20 pts per game that makes him good? If that's the case then your a genius if you sit in a room full of retards. I can't agree with the premise.

Getrealistic put it best, Crawford would be good on a team as a second or third scoring option. He can't put a team on his back for the long run.

chaos147

Rookie
thank you, alot of people say jamal takes a lot of bad shots but a lot of the times he's forced to take a bad shot because of the shot clock and that is part of the reason why he has a mediocre FG%, also all those long distance buzzer beaters he attempts that your favorite player on any team would just shoot when he hears the buzzer or would just fumble, jamal will chuck it, jamal doesn't care about his stats, and in no way im saying jamal is perfect when it comes to shot selection cuz he could improve in that
Its nice to know not everyone hates on Jamal here and uses him as a scapegoat:thumbsup::smokin:

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'm a fan of Crawford, but I do understand that he is best suited to playing around 25-30 minutes a game as a 3rd option. He is inconsistent (just like many players in the league) and lacks defense but right now he is the only person on the team that can manufacture points without a play being called for him.

Some people fail to realize that as bad as you think he is, he's the reason why we win close games. He's a great FT shooter and when he's focused can beat anyone off the dribble. Who else do we go to with 20 seconds left in a gm? No one. Crawford has added minutes due to Steph not being here and does what he can. Let's stop hating on Jamal because overall he's trying to win.

Unrelated banter: Curry can go to hell!

if jamal was a leader we'd have a playoff spot.

Thats retarded, that's like saying Kevin Durant is going to take the Sonics to the playsoffs, you need more than 1 talented player in order to make the playoffs. Even Micheal Jordan didn't do it on his own.(Kukoc, Pippen)
snowball effect. If Jamal shows some leadership and leads by example with at least trying to play d, the team see's this, and at least the players that aren't dicks will notice that this guy is trying out there and then they'll try to help him. Of course not everyone will do this cuz we got some lazy f#cks on our team. But others (Lee, Balkman, Jones, Nate, even Mardy) will notice that this guys got heart-and will try to help him out. Leadership isn't just playing on a high level like ddurant and mj. It's being vocal, getting your team in order, having a work ethic. I think most of Jamal's flaws can be easily fixed (decision making, not trying on d)and it's still not to late for him to be a good if not great nba player.

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
Crawford is a just above average player at best but makes comical errors every game. Im not blaming him for the position we are in, that has to lay with Isiah and Dolan cause Jamal doesnt control the game time he gets and obviously Isiah isnt pulling him aside and teaching him how to handle certain situaions especially when its a close game cause we all know he makes bad decisions.
The thing most people have a issue with him is he doesnt try to play defence and he puts up way too many bad shots then he should. If he controlled these aspects of his game more then he wouldnt cop the flak that he does.
Did you see the game he scored over 40 points against Toronto, he shot something like 23 three point attempts. That is ridiculous. By the way he hit only 6 of them. That is stupid.
You cant blame the results on him but he needs to look at his game and start playing defence and making wise decisions with the ball, aka not chucking 3 point attempts all the time. Drive the ball for fks sake. You notice when he takes it in he generally scores or draws the foul. Its not hard really to do.

jimkcchief88

All Star
First, I like Jamal Crawford and its cool someone started a thread to give the guy props. Secondly, in the best of all possible worlds as has been said before Jamal's best role would be 6th man because he can score and is versatile. Problem is this line-up is so devoid of scoring punch that Jamal is thrust into being the 1st option on offense. Second to AI in minutes says alot. To compare a 1/2 shooting %'s to an interior player is like saying Tom Brady has a better completion % than his center. I think Jamal takes alot of undo criticism here because the team is so bad. But I give him props for sticking out unlike some players who quit on the team early in the season and putting out max effort. You don't have to like jamal but you have to give him an "A" for effort.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
:smokin: Dude seriously, the first time you responded i agrred with what you said some what, but now i think thta you have no idea what your talking about. Mardy collins can't score to save his life, he misses open jump shots, open layups, he turns over the ball more then he scores. Nate robinson, yeah he could play the SG position, Fred Jones could to, but we are not in need of a SG, we need a PG, and with all the hate i got on Isiah, i gotta admit its not all his fault. He is trying to find the PG in robinson and Jones. As we see Crawford at the point wasnt working. And Crawford is not the damn leader, im tireed of hearing this. This went from Marburys team, to Currys Team, to now Crawfords team? Be serious dude....
Now to all those people that are going to say i look at stats only, and stupid statements like "Hit em with the Gold mac 10"(im not evenn going to respond to that), im not favoring Jamal, not favoring Z-bo. But You people search for 1 person to blame, I repeat this is not Jamals Team, we have no leader, and you complainin about the mins Jamal getting , what about Curry, dude avged 19.6 pts and close to 10 bounds last year if nto 10. Where is he at now?, on the damn bench with all the other scrubs on the team. This team is f*cked because of the useless coach we have + many useless players we have. Jamals role has increased by alot i do agree , but that is only since Marbury is gone, who is a better shooter on the knicks besides Marbury?. Im not trying to start no beef with anyone over a damn forum, and no disrespect, but you people need to stop blaming one person, atleast blame the right person.

I was sayin that you look at the stats that appear first, like points and assists. Go one step further and look at his shooting percentages. It takes him too many shots to score 20 points, and he shoots more 3 pointers then free throws, which makes him a girl.

Crawford gets hated on because of d*ck suckers like you, who defend him. No ones blaming Crawford, I have clearly stated several times that 100% of the blame goes to Isiah. Whos giving Crawford all those minutes, and who put this team together? I rest my case, I ask that you keep the words "gold Mac 10" out of your mouth, that can get you in trouble.

I stopped reading at 'Crawford is the closest thing to a superstar on this god forsaken team.' You have really lowered the bar there. So because the team as a whole sucks and Crawford averages just over 20 pts per game that makes him good? If that's the case then your a genius if you sit in a room full of retards. I can't agree with the premise.

Getrealistic put it best, Crawford would be good on a team as a second or third scoring option. He can't put a team on his back for the long run.

Good post, we seem to agree on alot of things other then Marbury related arguments. Randolph has the most talent on this team but his talent is useless, because he defines what a bad team player is. People are always sayin Marburys not a team player, there cant be anyone who destroys chemistry worse then Z-bo.

Crawfords problem is he nevers play defense, and hes inconsistent on offense. I agree that he couldve helped Cleveland, in a reduce role (25-30 minutes per game), hes not that bad as long as he isnt allowed to constantly chuck.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
First, I like Jamal Crawford and its cool someone started a thread to give the guy props. Secondly, in the best of all possible worlds as has been said before Jamal's best role would be 6th man because he can score and is versatile. Problem is this line-up is so devoid of scoring punch that Jamal is thrust into being the 1st option on offense. Second to AI in minutes says alot. To compare a 1/2 shooting %'s to an interior player is like saying Tom Brady has a better completion % than his center. I think Jamal takes alot of undo criticism here because the team is so bad. But I give him props for sticking out unlike some players who quit on the team early in the season and putting out max effort. You don't have to like jamal but you have to give him an "A" for effort.

Worst poster of the year, how you gonna give him an "A" for effort when he never plays any defense? I give him credit for not complaining about the how much the Knicks suck, sayin the right things to the media, having nice ball handling skills, and being in good shape but after that he doesnt deserve any credit. Get off his dick, worst post of the year. I never compared his %'s to an interior players, you dont have to. They look bad compared to other guards.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Kiyaman and Doncris got some good posts.. They seem to realize that 20 ppg doesn't make you a star. Former Knick Jermaine Jackson averaged 20 ppg in the CBA, and current Knick Malik Rose averaged 20 ppg at Drexel. Are you gonna say they're stars, too?And not too long ago, last year, actually, Curry averaged 19.6 ppg. And Quentin Richardson averaged 17.7 ppg on the Clippers. Are they the Next Patrick Ewing and Lebron James?

Toons

is the Bo$$
the CBA and Drexyl, ARE NOT THE NBA....who said that jamaal was a star??? u obviously dont read, cuz the post said he is THE CLOSEST THING to a star ON THIS TEAM

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
And you still don't know what you're talking about cause
Randolph is > Crawford
Marbury is >>>>>Crawford
Since you like to use stats so much, let me use some of mine.
Marbury: Playoff Games played: 19
Zach Randolph: Playoff games played: 8
Jamal Crawford: Playoff Games played: 0
Awards/All Star appearances:
Stephon Marbury: 2 All Star appearances
Zach Randolph: Most improved Player
Jamal Crawford: Chucker of 2008
EFF THIS SEASON
Zach Randolph 18
Jamal Crawford 15
EFF stands for efficiency. It means how the team does when you're on the floor. Randolph is greedy and is turnover prone, yet he still has a higher EFF. How do you explain that?

Assist to turnover ratio: Marbury has a higher assist to turnover ratio, despite only playing 24 games this season.
SEE: Marbury 4 assists 2 turnovers
Jamal Crawford 4 assists 2.83 turnovers

Career averages
Jamal Crawford 14ppg
Stephon Marbury 19.7 ppg
Zach Randolph 16.8 ppg

FIELD GOAL % THIS SEASON, FOLKS! I REPEAT, THIS SEASON!
Marbury 41.9% in just 24 games
Z-Bo 45.7 %
Jamal Crawford 41.2%(he shot just 40% earlier this season, by the way)
How can Marbury shoot a higher fg% when he only played 24 games?You mean to tell me he couldn't surpass 41.9% in his 57 games played?
And how does Randolph shoot a higher fg% if he has almost as bad shot selection as Crawford?

Free throw attempts per game to fg attempts per game this season
Jamal Crawford 17 attempts 4.72 free throw attempts
Zach Randolph 15.5 attempts 4.5 free throw attempts
Stephon Marbury 11 attempts 5 free throw attempts

How does Marbury average more free throw attempts, when he only played 24 games this season?
And how does Randolph average almost the same number of free throw attempts, if he plays 8 mpg less than Crawford and attempts 2 less shots?
Randolph is >>> Crawford
Marbury is >>>>> Crawford
So I think you're dumb theory is defeated.

How can someone be the closest thing to a star when they clearly aren't the best player on the team?

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
lol I know. I've been slowing down, though. Almost 350 of my posts are in the first month.

Toons

is the Bo$$
abcd, ur trying too hard to b like msg with ur stats....they are meaningless....ill let the "gold mac 10" explain to u why a power fowards fg% is higher than our sg's own....cuz obviously u aint that smart to see it urself....marbury was out of the discussion cuz he's injured for the rest of the year....n randolph is a good pf....but he dosent play team ball....marbury had more free throws because he has a different style of play....if dwade got injured now for the rest of the season, by the end of the season he will still have more free throws than many players in the league....ur points are invalid....ppl play with different styles....who cares who made it to the playofffs...no 1 has a ring, so no1 gets more respect for appearences...people on the bench of the spurs have more appearences than crawford, zbo an steph combined....does that mean that they are better? no, they just are on good teams...another invalid point....the amount of games u play has nothing to do with ur turnover/assist ratio....also invalid because crawfors is not a point guard...and assist/to ratio is a pg stat....another invalid point....who cares about career averages....look at the last 3 years n more importantly this season....crawfords career 14 points has nothing to do with the arguement.....INVALID....marburys free throw attempts / fg attempts will be the same give or take one or two if he playes 25 games, 35 games or 82 games...averages dont fluctuate too high or low from the actual average.....i think ur just tryna find stats that say someone does sumthin better than jamaal....an u have a fellow dickrider with his kibo slice thing, which i find very funny, cuz he is juss as invalid as u.....msg wanna bee's....

Toons

is the Bo$$
and abcd, i remember ur first few posts, u were humble, cool and insightful, now u get the approval of msg, n all of a sudden u disrespectin niggas opinions n shit....lol....b urself homie....stop tryna b sum1 u aint!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Worst poster of the year, how you gonna give him an "A" for effort when he never plays any defense? I give him credit for not complaining about the how much the Knicks suck, sayin the right things to the media, having nice ball handling skills, and being in good shape but after that he doesnt deserve any credit. Get off his dick, worst post of the year. I never compared his %'s to an interior players, you dont have to. They look bad compared to other guards.

I guess its easy to play the second most minutes in the NBA and try to carry a bad team as well. Why don't you fault the guy for not selling popcorn and beers at halftime too????