Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crawford?

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    First, I like Jamal Crawford and its cool someone started a thread to give the guy props. Secondly, in the best of all possible worlds as has been said before Jamal's best role would be 6th man because he can score and is versatile. Problem is this line-up is so devoid of scoring punch that Jamal is thrust into being the 1st option on offense. Second to AI in minutes says alot. To compare a 1/2 shooting %'s to an interior player is like saying Tom Brady has a better completion % than his center. I think Jamal takes alot of undo criticism here because the team is so bad. But I give him props for sticking out unlike some players who quit on the team early in the season and putting out max effort. You don't have to like jamal but you have to give him an "A" for effort.
    Worst poster of the year, how you gonna give him an "A" for effort when he never plays any defense? I give him credit for not complaining about the how much the Knicks suck, sayin the right things to the media, having nice ball handling skills, and being in good shape but after that he doesnt deserve any credit. Get off his dick, worst post of the year. I never compared his %'s to an interior players, you dont have to. They look bad compared to other guards.

KnicksonLIN.com

Kiyaman and Doncris got some good posts.. They seem to realize that 20 ppg doesn't make you a star. Former Knick Jermaine Jackson averaged 20 ppg in the CBA, and current Knick Malik Rose averaged 20 ppg at Drexel. Are you gonna say they're stars, too?And not too long ago, last year, actually, Curry averaged 19.6 ppg. And Quentin Richardson averaged 17.7 ppg on the Clippers. Are they the Next Patrick Ewing and Lebron James?

the CBA and Drexyl, ARE NOT THE NBA....who said that jamaal was a star??? u obviously dont read, cuz the post said he is THE CLOSEST THING to a star ON THIS TEAM

KnicksonLIN.com

And you still don't know what you're talking about cause
    Randolph is > Crawford
    Marbury is >>>>>Crawford
    Since you like to use stats so much, let me use some of mine.
    Marbury: Playoff Games played: 19
    Zach Randolph: Playoff games played: 8
    Jamal Crawford: Playoff Games played: 0
    Awards/All Star appearances:
    Stephon Marbury: 2 All Star appearances
    Zach Randolph: Most improved Player
    Jamal Crawford: Chucker of 2008
    EFF THIS SEASON
    Zach Randolph 18
    Jamal Crawford 15
    EFF stands for efficiency. It means how the team does when you're on the floor. Randolph is greedy and is turnover prone, yet he still has a higher EFF. How do you explain that?

Assist to turnover ratio: Marbury has a higher assist to turnover ratio, despite only playing 24 games this season.
    SEE: Marbury 4 assists 2 turnovers
    Jamal Crawford 4 assists 2.83 turnovers

Career averages
    Jamal Crawford 14ppg
    Stephon Marbury 19.7 ppg
    Zach Randolph 16.8 ppg

FIELD GOAL % THIS SEASON, FOLKS! I REPEAT, THIS SEASON!
    Marbury 41.9% in just 24 games
    Z-Bo 45.7 %
    Jamal Crawford 41.2%(he shot just 40% earlier this season, by the way)
    How can Marbury shoot a higher fg% when he only played 24 games?You mean to tell me he couldn't surpass 41.9% in his 57 games played?
    And how does Randolph shoot a higher fg% if he has almost as bad shot selection as Crawford?

Free throw attempts per game to fg attempts per game this season
    Jamal Crawford 17 attempts 4.72 free throw attempts
    Zach Randolph 15.5 attempts 4.5 free throw attempts
    Stephon Marbury 11 attempts 5 free throw attempts

How does Marbury average more free throw attempts, when he only played 24 games this season?
    And how does Randolph average almost the same number of free throw attempts, if he plays 8 mpg less than Crawford and attempts 2 less shots?
    Randolph is >>> Crawford
    Marbury is >>>>> Crawford
    So I think you're dumb theory is defeated.

How can someone be the closest thing to a star when they clearly aren't the best player on the team?
    Last edited by abcd; Feb 25, 2008 at 20:25.

damn yo abcd just kimbo'd this fool.

btw condrads abcd for 500 posts-damn you did that quick lol
    Last edited by GoKnIcKsDLEE42; Feb 25, 2008 at 20:22.

KnicksonLIN.com

lol I know. I've been slowing down, though. Almost 350 of my posts are in the first month.

i've been here for like a year and look at me lol. actually i didnt come here in the summer but still.

abcd, ur trying too hard to b like msg with ur stats....they are meaningless....ill let the "gold mac 10" explain to u why a power fowards fg% is higher than our sg's own....cuz obviously u aint that smart to see it urself....marbury was out of the discussion cuz he's injured for the rest of the year....n randolph is a good pf....but he dosent play team ball....marbury had more free throws because he has a different style of play....if dwade got injured now for the rest of the season, by the end of the season he will still have more free throws than many players in the league....ur points are invalid....ppl play with different styles....who cares who made it to the playofffs...no 1 has a ring, so no1 gets more respect for appearences...people on the bench of the spurs have more appearences than crawford, zbo an steph combined....does that mean that they are better? no, they just are on good teams...another invalid point....the amount of games u play has nothing to do with ur turnover/assist ratio....also invalid because crawfors is not a point guard...and assist/to ratio is a pg stat....another invalid point....who cares about career averages....look at the last 3 years n more importantly this season....crawfords career 14 points has nothing to do with the arguement.....INVALID....marburys free throw attempts / fg attempts will be the same give or take one or two if he playes 25 games, 35 games or 82 games...averages dont fluctuate too high or low from the actual average.....i think ur just tryna find stats that say someone does sumthin better than jamaal....an u have a fellow dickrider with his kibo slice thing, which i find very funny, cuz he is juss as invalid as u.....msg wanna bee's....

and abcd, i remember ur first few posts, u were humble, cool and insightful, now u get the approval of msg, n all of a sudden u disrespectin *****s opinions n ****....lol....b urself homie....stop tryna b sum1 u aint!

Veteran

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Worst poster of the year, how you gonna give him an "A" for effort when he never plays any defense? I give him credit for not complaining about the how much the Knicks suck, sayin the right things to the media, having nice ball handling skills, and being in good shape but after that he doesnt deserve any credit. Get off his dick, worst post of the year. I never compared his %'s to an interior players, you dont have to. They look bad compared to other guards.
    I guess its easy to play the second most minutes in the NBA and try to carry a bad team as well. Why don't you fault the guy for not selling popcorn and beers at halftime too????

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Randolph is > Crawford
    Marbury is >>>>>Crawford
    EFF THIS SEASON
    Zach Randolph 18
    Jamal Crawford 15
    EFF stands for efficiency. It means how the team does when you're on the floor. Randolph is greedy and is turnover prone, yet he still has a higher EFF. How do you explain that?

Assist to turnover ratio: Marbury has a higher assist to turnover ratio, despite only playing 24 games this season.

Career averages
    Jamal Crawford 14ppg
    Stephon Marbury 19.7 ppg
    Zach Randolph 16.8 ppg

Z-Bo 45.7 %
    How can Marbury shoot a higher fg% when he only played 24 games?You mean to tell me he couldn't surpass 41.9% in his 57 games played?
    And how does Randolph shoot a higher fg% if he has almost as bad shot selection as Crawford?

How does Marbury average more free throw attempts, when he only played 24 games this season?
    And how does Randolph average almost the same number of free throw attempts, if he plays 8 mpg less than Crawford and attempts 2 less shots?
    Randolph is >>> Crawford

How can someone be the closest thing to a star when they clearly aren't the best player on the team?
    Take Stats 101 at your local community college and then explain to yourself why a guy that hasn't played in a MONTH has better AVERAGES than a guy that plays 41 minutes a game. That is after you get a high school diploma.

my point exactly, abcd u continuously blame crawford....yet ur partner in crime made more sense by saying he blames isiah for alottin jamaal all those minutes....in a physical game, u expect productivity to go down when a coach is forcing u to play 40+ minutes per game and not roatating the lineup efficiently since marbury is out 4 the season.....yeah, its all crawfords fault, he sucks, hes a terrible leader, blame our record on him, cuz he hasnt ever brrn to the finals....ur stupid points contradict themselves....if he sucks and is better as a second or third option, how can u blame him for not carrying the team....thats like saying the cavs got swept because of sasha pavlovic.....

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I was sayin that you look at the stats that appear first, like points and assists. Go one step further and look at his shooting percentages. It takes him too many shots to score 20 points, and he shoots more 3 pointers then free throws, which makes him a girl.

Crawford gets hated on because of d*ck suckers like you, who defend him. No ones blaming Crawford, I have clearly stated several times that 100% of the blame goes to Isiah. Whos giving Crawford all those minutes, and who put this team together? I rest my case, I ask that you keep the words "gold Mac 10" out of your mouth, that can get you in trouble.

Good post, we seem to agree on alot of things other then Marbury related arguments. Randolph has the most talent on this team but his talent is useless, because he defines what a bad team player is. People are always sayin Marburys not a team player, there cant be anyone who destroys chemistry worse then Z-bo.

Crawfords problem is he nevers play defense, and hes inconsistent on offense. I agree that he couldve helped Cleveland, in a reduce role (25-30 minutes per game), hes not that bad as long as he isnt allowed to constantly chuck.
    Are you threating me on a forum?...lmao...get a f *kin life man. I was not going to get dissrespectful, but you starting calling me a dickhead, so now its personel. There was no point of you getting all heated over a jamal crawford thread, shows how much of a life you got to be getting mad over that dumb ****. Im not going to respond to this thread anymore, i started it for just a discussion now i got 2 ****ing morons dissrespecting me for no ****ing reason, that's exactly why this forums got like max 23 people viewing it, cuz you guys are mad childish and instead of just talking normally yall go crazy so **** off already ****...

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

You know who is even worse then Jamal Crawford sometimes? Black Hole. That guy has NO handle, and chucks the ball up. This here is a great example.

*Post of the year potential

Originally Posted by abcd
    Randolph is > Crawford
    Marbury is >>>>>Crawford
    EFF THIS SEASON
    Zach Randolph 18
    Jamal Crawford 15

Career averages
    Jamal Crawford 14ppg
    Stephon Marbury 19.7 ppg
    Zach Randolph 16.8 ppg

Z-Bo 45.7 %

Randolph is >>> Crawford

Great job shuttin down this thread for the 2nd time, theres gonna be a long line of injured *****s at the emergency room, after gettin shot by the MAC 10. Keep it up, f*ck what the haters say.

Lee is also>>>Crawford

*Nice job by GoknicksDLee postin the Kimbo Slice, making ABCD's victory official.

Originally Posted by Toons
    abcd, ur trying too hard to b like msg with ur stats....they are meaningless....ill let the "gold mac 10" explain to u why a power fowards fg% is higher than our sg's own....cuz obviously u aint that smart to see it urself....marbury was out of the discussion cuz he's injured for the rest of the year....n randolph is a good pf....but he dosent play team ball....marbury had more free throws because he has a different style of play....if dwade got injured now for the rest of the season, by the end of the season he will still have more free throws than many players in the league....ur points are invalid....ppl play with different styles....who cares who made it to the playofffs...no 1 has a ring, so no1 gets more respect for appearences...people on the bench of the spurs have more appearences than crawford, zbo an steph combined....does that mean that they are better? no, they just are on good teams...another invalid point....the amount of games u play has nothing to do with ur turnover/assist ratio....also invalid because crawfors is not a point guard...and assist/to ratio is a pg stat....another invalid point....who cares about career averages....look at the last 3 years n more importantly this season....crawfords career 14 points has nothing to do with the arguement.....INVALID....marburys free throw attempts / fg attempts will be the same give or take one or two if he playes 25 games, 35 games or 82 games...averages dont fluctuate too high or low from the actual average.....i think ur just tryna find stats that say someone does sumthin better than jamaal....an u have a fellow dickrider with his kibo slice thing, which i find very funny, cuz he is juss as invalid as u.....msg wanna bee's....
    His playoff stats have some significance, I do agree that arguments about players who have championships and playoff appearences are overrated, but still have some significance. Crawford has never even played in a playoff game, holding the record for being the NBA player who has played in the most regular season games without ever playin in a playoff game. This streak will grow, he has the rest of this season and next season before he gets another chance to end his streak.

You bring up different player styles, shooters usually dont take as many free throws as a slasher like Dwayne Wade. Crawford has great ball handling ability, and could very easily attack more and get to the free throw line, where hes a great shooter. Hes the type of player, especially when considering his low 3PT%, who should be lookin to go to the basket more. His soft mentality prevents him from being more efficient on offense. For the MSG33 haters, heres some knowledge without stats. Ignorant mothaf*ckas be claimin my points are 100% stats, not true. Suck a dick bitches.

and abcd, i remember ur first few posts, u were humble, cool and insightful, now u get the approval of msg, n all of a sudden u disrespectin *****s opinions n ****....lol....b urself homie....stop tryna b sum1 u aint!
    Hes one of the better posters on here, im just givin him his credit. I changed, as a poster on here. It takes time for some new posters to develop consistency, and their own style. I dont think ABCD has changed that much, hes always been a good poster. People are trying to challenge him now, so hes respondin back. Its as simple as that.

I guess its easy to play the second most minutes in the NBA and try to carry a bad team as well. Why don't you fault the guy for not selling popcorn and beers at halftime too????
    On the real, you need to learn how to read. I never blamed our losing on Crawford, I put it 100% on Isiah. I pointed out that his defense is non-existant, and that d*ckriders like you give him too much credit.

At least posters like Toons and GetRealistic know how to read. You and EC House Special constantly mis-interpret what others are sayin, sometimes I think you and him only read the first sentence of a post.

Take Stats 101 at your local community college and then explain to yourself why a guy that hasn't played in a MONTH has better AVERAGES than a guy that plays 41 minutes a game. That is after you get a high school diploma.
    I think he was gettin at the point that Marbury was playin hurt, still attacked more and shot more freethrows. Say what you want about Marbury but he attacked the rim, the way a guard with slashing ability should.

Averages dont make a difference if your talkin about a player whos played 24 games and another player whos played 55 games. Thats completely irrelevant, if you were talkin about season totals then it would make a difference. For example:

(These numbers are all made up, just educatin)

Marbury-30 games played, 18ppg, 45fg%
    Crawford-55 games played, 20ppg, 40fg%

What difference does the games played make?

No difference, averages are averages. No need to bring up the fact that Marbury hasnt played in a month, the fact is that he gets to the freethrow line more then Crawford does. He also shoots higher percentages.

Jimmy needs to go to a school where they teach common sense.

my point exactly, abcd u continuously blame crawford....yet ur partner in crime made more sense by saying he blames isiah for alottin jamaal all those minutes....in a physical game, u expect productivity to go down when a coach is forcing u to play 40+ minutes per game and not roatating the lineup efficiently since marbury is out 4 the season.....yeah, its all crawfords fault, he sucks, hes a terrible leader, blame our record on him, cuz he hasnt ever brrn to the finals....ur stupid points contradict themselves....if he sucks and is better as a second or third option, how can u blame him for not carrying the team....thats like saying the cavs got swept because of sasha pavlovic.....
    I dont think anyones blaming Crawford for not being able to carry the team, I think ABCD's just lookin to educate the posters who give him too much credit.

Originally Posted by chaos147
    Are you threating me on a forum?...lmao...get a f *kin life man. I was not going to get dissrespectful, but you starting calling me a dickhead, so now its personel. There was no point of you getting all heated over a jamal crawford thread, shows how much of a life you got to be getting mad over that dumb ****. Im not going to respond to this thread anymore, i started it for just a discussion now i got 2 ****ing morons dissrespecting me for no ****ing reason, that's exactly why this forums got like max 23 people viewing it, cuz you guys are mad childish and instead of just talking normally yall go crazy so **** off already ****...
    Tellin me to get a life, but then you say "Now ITs Personal." I never got heated, you the only one gettin heated.

You brought me into this by mentioning "The Gold Mac 10." Being an elite poster, im not gonna allow a new poster like you to disrespect me. Ive already exposed you for contradicting yourself, the more you say about me the more you get exposed. You can't f*ck with me, everything I said was fair, and necessary. If you got a problem I suggest finding another Knicks forum. F*ck outta here.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    You know who is even worse then Jamal Crawford sometimes? Black Hole. That guy has NO handle, and chucks the ball up. This here is a great example.

Im not disrespectin what you said, you have a good argument especially with that youtube video, but I think Curry and Crawford are the 2 worst players on the team.