Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75

Thread: Crawford?

  1. #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    *Post of the year potential



    Great job shuttin down this thread for the 2nd time, theres gonna be a long line of injured *****s at the emergency room, after gettin shot by the MAC 10. Keep it up, f*ck what the haters say.

    Lee is also>>>Crawford

    *Nice job by GoknicksDLee postin the Kimbo Slice, making ABCD's victory official.




    His playoff stats have some significance, I do agree that arguments about players who have championships and playoff appearences are overrated, but still have some significance. Crawford has never even played in a playoff game, holding the record for being the NBA player who has played in the most regular season games without ever playin in a playoff game. This streak will grow, he has the rest of this season and next season before he gets another chance to end his streak.

    You bring up different player styles, shooters usually dont take as many free throws as a slasher like Dwayne Wade. Crawford has great ball handling ability, and could very easily attack more and get to the free throw line, where hes a great shooter. Hes the type of player, especially when considering his low 3PT%, who should be lookin to go to the basket more. His soft mentality prevents him from being more efficient on offense. For the MSG33 haters, heres some knowledge without stats. Ignorant mothaf*ckas be claimin my points are 100% stats, not true. Suck a dick bitches.



    Hes one of the better posters on here, im just givin him his credit. I changed, as a poster on here. It takes time for some new posters to develop consistency, and their own style. I dont think ABCD has changed that much, hes always been a good poster. People are trying to challenge him now, so hes respondin back. Its as simple as that.



    On the real, you need to learn how to read. I never blamed our losing on Crawford, I put it 100% on Isiah. I pointed out that his defense is non-existant, and that d*ckriders like you give him too much credit.

    At least posters like Toons and GetRealistic know how to read. You and EC House Special constantly mis-interpret what others are sayin, sometimes I think you and him only read the first sentence of a post.



    I think he was gettin at the point that Marbury was playin hurt, still attacked more and shot more freethrows. Say what you want about Marbury but he attacked the rim, the way a guard with slashing ability should.

    Averages dont make a difference if your talkin about a player whos played 24 games and another player whos played 55 games. Thats completely irrelevant, if you were talkin about season totals then it would make a difference. For example:

    (These numbers are all made up, just educatin)

    Marbury-30 games played, 18ppg, 45fg%
    Crawford-55 games played, 20ppg, 40fg%

    What difference does the games played make?

    No difference, averages are averages. No need to bring up the fact that Marbury hasnt played in a month, the fact is that he gets to the freethrow line more then Crawford does. He also shoots higher percentages.

    Jimmy needs to go to a school where they teach common sense.



    I dont think anyones blaming Crawford for not being able to carry the team, I think ABCD's just lookin to educate the posters who give him too much credit.



    Tellin me to get a life, but then you say "Now ITs Personal." I never got heated, you the only one gettin heated.

    You brought me into this by mentioning "The Gold Mac 10." Being an elite poster, im not gonna allow a new poster like you to disrespect me. Ive already exposed you for contradicting yourself, the more you say about me the more you get exposed. You can't f*ck with me, everything I said was fair, and necessary. If you got a problem I suggest finding another Knicks forum. F*ck outta here.



    Im not disrespectin what you said, you have a good argument especially with that youtube video, but I think Curry and Crawford are the 2 worst players on the team.
    Dude you must be illiterate or retarded, you pick which one you are. You brought yourself into this by telling Someone to "Hit me with the gld mac 10"....."

    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> ABCD-I wasnt even goin to post here, I came on real quick this mornin before work. Im glad to see you shot down threadstarter with the gold Mac 10, this is one of those threads that had me shakin my head. Threadstarter only looks at his points, not shooting percentages."...Now who's exposed f@g?. First i put up and you agreed with me on Marburys behalf, i thought you was a cool down to earth dude who knew basketball, but the more you type the more i realize not only are you illiterate, but you show no knowledge of b-ball. I never ****ing argued with ABCD, i actually agree with his point about Crawford getting a ****load of mins he doesnt deserve. If you didnt have the brain of a 3 year old, and you read before you opened you dumbass mouth you would see i clearly said ....
    Originally Posted by chaos147
    Dude seriously, the first time you responded i agrred with what you said some what, but now i think thta you have no idea what your talking about. Mardy collins can't score to save his life, he misses open jump shots, open layups, he turns over the ball more then he scores. Nate robinson, yeah he could play the SG position, Fred Jones could to, but we are not in need of a SG, we need a PG, and with all the hate i got on Isiah, i gotta admit its not all his fault. He is trying to find the PG in robinson and Jones. As we see Crawford at the point wasnt working. And Crawford is not the damn leader, im tireed of hearing this. This went from Marburys team, to Currys Team, to now Crawfords team? Be serious dude....I do admit crawford gets a ****load of minutes he doesnt deserve but he is the only player capable of hitting shots with under 5 secs on the shotclock ont his team.
    Now to all those people that are going to say i look at stats only, and stupid statements like "Hit em with the Gold mac 10"(im not evenn going to respond to that), im not favoring Jamal, not favoring Z-bo. But You people search for 1 person to blame, I repeat this is not Jamals Team, we have no leader, and you complainin about the mins Jamal getting , what about Curry, dude avged 19.6 pts and close to 10 bounds last year if nto 10. Where is he at now?, on the damn bench with all the other scrubs on the team. This team is f*cked because of the useless coach we have + many useless players we have. Jamals role has increased by alot i do agree , but that is only since Marbury is gone, who is a better shooter on the knicks besides Marbury?. Im not trying to start no beef with anyone over a damn forum, and no disrespect, but you people need to stop blaming one person, atleast blame the right person.
    So no disrespect to ABCD he knows his **** , but you my dude, are sheerly retarded. Talking some stupid **** saying i started with you , you ****ign chump this was never a war, i just wanted people to respond and intelligent people responded correctly, i.e abcd , da truth, and so on, you came on here on some wreckless ****, so u not scaring no one lil man.

  2. #47
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by chaos147
    Dude you must be illiterate or retarded, you pick which one you are. You brought yourself into this by telling Someone to "Hit me with the gld mac 10"....."

    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> ABCD-I wasnt even goin to post here, I came on real quick this mornin before work. Im glad to see you shot down threadstarter with the gold Mac 10, this is one of those threads that had me shakin my head. Threadstarter only looks at his points, not shooting percentages."...Now who's exposed f@g?. First i put up and you agreed with me on Marburys behalf, i thought you was a cool down to earth dude who knew basketball, but the more you type the more i realize not only are you illiterate, but you show no knowledge of b-ball. I never ****ing argued with ABCD, i actually agree with his point about Crawford getting a ****load of mins he doesnt deserve. If you didnt have the brain of a 3 year old, and you read before you opened you dumbass mouth you would see i clearly said ....
    So no disrespect to ABCD he knows his **** , but you my dude, are sheerly retarded. Talking some stupid **** saying i started with you , you ****ign chump this was never a war, i just wanted people to respond and intelligent people responded correctly, i.e abcd , da truth, and so on, you came on here on some wreckless ****, so u not scaring no one lil man.
    Im not tryin 2 scare any1, stop involving emotions. How do you know that im a lil man? Listen new jack, it dont matter what my size is, you cant run from the Mac 10 kid.

    Originally Posted by chaos147
    I love how everyone accuses him of not being consistent but this guy dropped 30, 26, 21, 14(weak), and now 43.....come on give the guy credit wtf....he's no Lebron/Kobe/Mcrady, but on a ****ty ass team like the knicks to even say we have talent is a hard thing to do. Crawford is the closest thing to a superstar on this god forsaken team. He is the only player averaging 20+ pts for this. The rest of this team can manage to average 20 pts but choose not to, Randolph(Probably going to get criticized for that but he was 20/10 before he came and got hit with the Knicks curse) Mar bury (def. going to get criticized for this one), and deep down inside i believe that fat lazy **** Curry (last year avged 19.6) could average 20. So please im tired of seeing people **** on Crawford calling him Isiah's son.Don't be mad because he's actually hustling and busting his ass. Thats whats wrong with New Yorkers(being one i feel i have the right to say this) we always look for the wrong in situations, im tired of seeing posters on this forums about Crawford being Isiah's son...could yall be more ignorant. Gets ready for "STFU NOOB@!@!@"..."YOU DONT KNOW HIT ABOUT BASKETBALLL"..."ARE YOU ISIAH THOMAS HIMSELF?@@@"
    The sentences that I bolded are straight up ignorant. True, I shouldve re-read the 1st page of this thread before replyin but your still no where near my level. Other then that, everything I said was on point like a pencil kid.

    HOw can you say Crawford is hustling and busting his ass? To say this implies that hes workin hard on both ends of the court, if you had specified offense although I disagree I might've let it go.

    You bring up his point totals to prove his alleged consistency. I, being the teacher, have a homework assignment for you: Read the official Crawford sucks thread, at least the last 2 pages of it.

    I did instigate **** between us, sorry for blamin it on you but im not sorry for callin you out. You have to look beyond point totals, I have already said this but I find myself repeating thing a couple times. Look at his shooting percentages, its a simple as that. If you dont believe me, compare his percentages to other shooting guards. Crawford is constantly jackin up bad shots, some nights he gets lucky, once in a while he can even put a nice stretch together.

    For the most part, Crawford is inconsistent. (Another thing Ive had to say 5 times already because of people who cant read)-I blame our losing on Isiah Thomas, not Crawford. I agree with you there, my beef (again, already stated) is with posters like you who give him to much credit, which can be seen with the sentences I have bolded from your original post.

    I just realized we gotta cause and effect thing goin on here.
    Mac 10's cause chaos, this time the MAC 10 has ended chaos.

  3. #48
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33


    Im not disrespectin what you said, you have a good argument especially with that youtube video, but I think Curry and Crawford are the 2 worst players on the team.
    Yeah, I agree, but I think everyone on our team is mediocre. Everyone here sucks really. D Lee, Balk, and Nate are the only ones that still have some kind of a chance at being Above average players at best.

    TOmorrow knicks play the bobcats. Knicks are 2-2 after the all-star break.

  4. #49
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Im not tryin 2 scare any1, stop involving emotions. How do you know that im a lil man? Listen new jack, it dont matter what my size is, you cant run from the Mac 10 kid.



    The sentences that I bolded are straight up ignorant. True, I shouldve re-read the 1st page of this thread before replyin but your still no where near my level. Other then that, everything I said was on point like a pencil kid.

    HOw can you say Crawford is hustling and busting his ass? To say this implies that hes workin hard on both ends of the court, if you had specified offense although I disagree I might've let it go.

    You bring up his point totals to prove his alleged consistency. I, being the teacher, have a homework assignment for you: Read the official Crawford sucks thread, at least the last 2 pages of it.

    I did instigate **** between us, sorry for blamin it on you but im not sorry for callin you out. You have to look beyond point totals, I have already said this but I find myself repeating thing a couple times. Look at his shooting percentages, its a simple as that. If you dont believe me, compare his percentages to other shooting guards. Crawford is constantly jackin up bad shots, some nights he gets lucky, once in a while he can even put a nice stretch together.

    For the most part, Crawford is inconsistent. (Another thing Ive had to say 5 times already because of people who cant read)-I blame our losing on Isiah Thomas, not Crawford. I agree with you there, my beef (again, already stated) is with posters like you who give him to much credit, which can be seen with the sentences I have bolded from your original post.

    I just realized we gotta cause and effect thing goin on here.
    Mac 10's cause chaos, this time the MAC 10 has ended chaos.
    Your mac didn't end ****, wtf kinda RPG type **** is ****..SMH...once again you repeating yourself, so i am forced to say this for the 60th time. 1) I never said ,you said it was crawfords fault, so quite using that as your defense, and 2)I'm not giving him to much credit i am giving him credit he deserves. Does he chuck the ball?, yes, Why? because if you watch knicks games, Crawford always receives the ball from fat ass z-bo with max 6 seconds on the floor. For a SG Crawfords caliber there is only so much he can pull off, like I've stated i am not saying hes a lebron/kobe. im just saying people don't give him enough credit thats all im saying. So for you to come at me like that is foul, so drop this **** already im not arguing with you anymore old jack, i've proved my point several times and i shall do it 1 more time for people that cant read.

    1)I never said you said Crawford is the knicks problem.
    2)I agreed he recieves to much minutes.
    3)You gonna come out stupid out your mouth, then imma hit you up right back
    4)My post was talking about his offense when i said "Hustling and Busting his ass". Next time ill be more clearer.
    5)And the last thing imma write to you is....Apology accepted.

  5. #50
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by chaos147
    Your mac didn't end ****, wtf kinda RPG type **** is ****..SMH...once again you repeating yourself, so i am forced to say this for the 60th time. 1) I never said ,you said it was crawfords fault, so quite using that as your defense, and 2)I'm not giving him to much credit i am giving him credit he deserves. Does he chuck the ball?, yes, Why? because if you watch knicks games, Crawford always receives the ball from fat ass z-bo with max 6 seconds on the floor. For a SG Crawfords caliber there is only so much he can pull off, like I've stated i am not saying hes a lebron/kobe. im just saying people don't give him enough credit thats all im saying. So for you to come at me like that is foul, so drop this **** already im not arguing with you anymore old jack, i've proved my point several times and i shall do it 1 more time for people that cant read.

    1)I never said you said Crawford is the knicks problem.
    2)I agreed he recieves to much minutes.
    3)You gonna come out stupid out your mouth, then imma hit you up right back
    4)My post was talking about his offense when i said "Hustling and Busting his ass". Next time ill be more clearer.
    5)And the last thing imma write to you is....Apology accepted.
    You clearly gave him to much credit, Ive already bolded what you said. At this point theres nothin more I can do about that.

    You contradicted yourself again by sayin:

    "so drop this **** already im not arguing with you anymore old jack, i've proved my point several times

    3)You gonna come out stupid out your mouth, then imma hit you up right back"


    Its funny that you claim you proved your point several times, but failed to respond to:

    I love how everyone accuses him of not being consistent but this guy dropped 30, 26, 21, 14(weak), and now 43.....come on give the guy credit wtf....

    I suggested to look at his shooting percentages several times, but you failed to address this.

  6. #51
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    You clearly gave him to much credit, Ive already bolded what you said. At this point theres nothin more I can do about that.

    You contradicted yourself again by sayin:

    "so drop this **** already im not arguing with you anymore old jack, i've proved my point several times

    3)You gonna come out stupid out your mouth, then imma hit you up right back"


    Its funny that you claim you proved your point several times, but failed to respond to:



    I love how everyone accuses him of not being consistent but this guy dropped 30, 26, 21, 14(weak), and now 43.....come on give the guy credit wtf....

    I suggested to look at his shooting percentages several times, but you failed to address this.
    Number three was talking in response to what had happened earlier not to what i just wrote

    What does his shooting percentage have to do with him being the only knicks scoring over 20 most of the games. And once again you've proven you can not read, I ADMIT HE CHUCKS, I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,. How many more times do i have to write this before you stop writing the same **** over and over?. Enough with his shooting &#37; i f*cking said over 9 times now that he chucks a lot of shots, because he receives the ball late in the shooting clock.

  7. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    And you still don't know what you're talking about cause
    Randolph is > Crawford
    Marbury is >>>>>Crawford
    Since you like to use stats so much, let me use some of mine.
    Marbury: Playoff Games played: 19
    Zach Randolph: Playoff games played: 8
    Jamal Crawford: Playoff Games played: 0
    Awards/All Star appearances:
    Stephon Marbury: 2 All Star appearances
    Zach Randolph: Most improved Player
    Jamal Crawford: Chucker of 2008
    EFF THIS SEASON
    Zach Randolph 18
    Jamal Crawford 15
    EFF stands for efficiency. It means how the team does when you're on the floor. Randolph is greedy and is turnover prone, yet he still has a higher EFF. How do you explain that?

    Assist to turnover ratio: Marbury has a higher assist to turnover ratio, despite only playing 24 games this season.
    SEE: Marbury 4 assists 2 turnovers
    Jamal Crawford 4 assists 2.83 turnovers

    Career averages
    Jamal Crawford 14ppg
    Stephon Marbury 19.7 ppg
    Zach Randolph 16.8 ppg

    FIELD GOAL % THIS SEASON, FOLKS! I REPEAT, THIS SEASON!
    Marbury 41.9% in just 24 games
    Z-Bo 45.7 %
    Jamal Crawford 41.2%(he shot just 40% earlier this season, by the way)
    How can Marbury shoot a higher fg% when he only played 24 games?You mean to tell me he couldn't surpass 41.9% in his 57 games played?
    And how does Randolph shoot a higher fg% if he has almost as bad shot selection as Crawford?

    Free throw attempts per game to fg attempts per game this season
    Jamal Crawford 17 attempts 4.72 free throw attempts
    Zach Randolph 15.5 attempts 4.5 free throw attempts
    Stephon Marbury 11 attempts 5 free throw attempts

    How does Marbury average more free throw attempts, when he only played 24 games this season?
    And how does Randolph average almost the same number of free throw attempts, if he plays 8 mpg less than Crawford and attempts 2 less shots?
    Randolph is >>> Crawford
    Marbury is >>>>> Crawford
    So I think you're dumb theory is defeated.

    How can someone be the closest thing to a star when they clearly aren't the best player on the team?
    Our "poster of the year" needs a stats class. This is for MSG33 aka Mac10 also. The Knicks could sign me to a 10 day contract, and I could get in one game with and make 1 shot and 1 free throw and retire. Great. I'm the best player on the team because my shooting % is 100% and free throw pct. is 100%. Games played does matter because again we are talking about statistical means or averages. The larger the sample, the more chance for errors such as misses or turnovers. Comparing Jamal to guys who don't play the same position or haven't played in a month are ridiculous comparisons. RIDICULOUS. If this is the "best" post of the year than I will gladly wear the "worst" poster of the year with pride.

  8. #53
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Our "poster of the year" needs a stats class. This is for MSG33 aka Mac10 also. The Knicks could sign me to a 10 day contract, and I could get in one game with and make 1 shot and 1 free throw and retire. Great. I'm the best player on the team because my shooting % is 100% and free throw pct. is 100%. Games played does matter because again we are talking about statistical means or averages. The larger the sample, the more chance for errors such as misses or turnovers. Comparing Jamal to guys who don't play the same position or haven't played in a month are ridiculous comparisons. RIDICULOUS. If this is the "best" post of the year than I will gladly wear the "worst" poster of the year with pride.
    Dude your going to regret saying that, because i don't want to say names but some posters on this site attack you if you have your own opinion and if your opinion does not coincide with theres.

  9. #54
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by chaos147
    Number three was talking in response to what had happened earlier not to what i just wrote
    Nice coverup.

    Originally Posted by chaos147
    What does his shooting percentage have to do with him being the only knicks scoring over 20 most of the games. And once again you've proven you can not read, I ADMIT HE CHUCKS, I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,I ADMIT HE CHUCKS,. How many more times do i have to write this before you stop writing the same **** over and over?. Enough with his shooting &#37; i f*cking said over 9 times now that he chucks a lot of shots, because he receives the ball late in the shooting clock.
    Your 1st sentence doesnt make sense, you ask what does shooting percentages have to do with him scorin 20 a game, then you admit to him chuckin. Thats the answer, I know you keep sayin he chucks but thats why I had a problem with this statement:

    I love how everyone accuses him of not being consistent but this guy dropped 30, 26, 21, 14(weak), and now 43.....come on give the guy credit wtf....

    I thought you were given him too much credit, but since your sayin "he chucks," I guess I can save myself some ammo and use the Mac 10 for the next victim.

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Our "poster of the year" needs a stats class. This is for MSG33 aka Mac10 also. The Knicks could sign me to a 10 day contract, and I could get in one game with and make 1 shot and 1 free throw and retire. Great. I'm the best player on the team because my shooting % is 100% and free throw pct. is 100%. Games played does matter because again we are talking about statistical means or averages. The larger the sample, the more chance for errors such as misses or turnovers. Comparing Jamal to guys who don't play the same position or haven't played in a month are ridiculous comparisons. RIDICULOUS. If this is the "best" post of the year than I will gladly wear the "worst" poster of the year with pride.
    I was refferin to my post, bein the post of the year. Apparently, you learned nothing from it but I must admit to havin a flaw, blaming chaos for instigating an argument between us when it was my fault. I dont regret instigating it, however.

    Now that this is cleared up, I see you never took a statistics course. I did, a year ago. While the rest of my class was slow and needed extra help, I was always ahead, had a 99 average in the class.

    Your claimin that the larger the sample is, the less valid it is. You actually have this reversed, smaller samples obviously have less validity. The more you have to go by, the more you can be sure. For example:

    (Not a REal poll)

    A) Who is the best rapper ever?

    Jay-Z: 3 votes
    Nas: 4 votes
    Tupac: 5 votes

    B) Who is the best rapper ever?

    Jay-Z: 33 votes
    Nas: 41 votes
    Tupac: 53 votes

    How can you tell me that poll A is more valid then poll B?

    Please, sit down Jimmy, class is still in session.

    Chaos-"Dude your going to regret saying that"

    Chaos also noticed your mistake

    When your talkin about games played, averages for 5-10 games are not good to go by. Theres 82 games in a season, you want at least 20-25 games.

    Marbury has played 24 games. His shooting percentages were better then Crawfords, and He averaged more free throws per game then Crawford.

    Is 24 games enough of a sample to assume that Marbury wouldve continued this trend?

    I would say so, last year Marbury attempted 5.2 free throws per game. This year, he was averaging 4.8 free throw attempts per game.

    Crawford has averaged 4.7 free throw attempts this year, only a .1 difference but lets remember that Marbury was playing injured all season.

    After 55 games, its safe to say that Crawfords ft attempts will remain about the same, the most it will change is by .2 either up or down.

    It really doesnt matter that Marbury has only played 24 games, he was never able to work himself into a rhythm because of

    1. Isiah benching him
    2. Fathers death
    3. Injury

    What im gettin at is if anything his free throw attempts based on all the information I have provided, would have gone up, making him a tougher/more efficient basketball player then Crawford.

    Crawford has excellent ball handling skills, theres no excuse for him. He should be shootin less 3's and more free throws, especially when factoring in his high FT percentage.

    Class is out kids, time to go home.

    Originally Posted by chaos147
    Dude your going to regret saying that
    Jimmy lost.
    Last edited by MSGKnickz33; Feb 26, 2008 at 14:06.

  10. #55
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Nice coverup.

    but lets remember that Marbury was playing injured all season.


    Jimmy lost.
    just out of curiosity, was there ANY kind of signs of marbury being hurt this year, like a limp or anything??i remember last year marbury having problems just landing on his left leg but this year i never saw any signs of injury

  11. #56
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    just out of curiosity, was there ANY kind of signs of marbury being hurt this year, like a limp or anything??i remember last year marbury having problems just landing on his left leg but this year i never saw any signs of injury
    No, I dont remember him limping but didnt it say in one of the articles that hes actually had this problem for a couple of years?

  12. #57
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    wow, can we all agree to disagree on the whole crawford thing??? sum ppl are crawfordsexuals, and sum are haters.....take ur side n run with it.....sum ppl think he'stthe best asset on the team, leading the team in scoring and assists, sum dont because his fg&#37; and his turnovers....who the **** cares......let the **** rest and talka bout sumthin more meaningful thean everyones (including mine) opinion about da *****....

  13. #58
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Cool

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Nice coverup.



    Your 1st sentence doesnt make sense, you ask what does shooting percentages have to do with him scorin 20 a game, then you admit to him chuckin. Thats the answer, I know you keep sayin he chucks but thats why I had a problem with this statement:

    I love how everyone accuses him of not being consistent but this guy dropped 30, 26, 21, 14(weak), and now 43.....come on give the guy credit wtf....

    I thought you were given him too much credit, but since your sayin "he chucks," I guess I can save myself some ammo and use the Mac 10 for the next victim.



    I was refferin to my post, bein the post of the year. Apparently, you learned nothing from it but I must admit to havin a flaw, blaming chaos for instigating an argument between us when it was my fault. I dont regret instigating it, however.

    Now that this is cleared up, I see you never took a statistics course. I did, a year ago. While the rest of my class was slow and needed extra help, I was always ahead, had a 99 average in the class.

    Your claimin that the larger the sample is, the less valid it is. You actually have this reversed, smaller samples obviously have less validity. The more you have to go by, the more you can be sure. For example:

    (Not a REal poll)

    A) Who is the best rapper ever?

    Jay-Z: 3 votes
    Nas: 4 votes
    Tupac: 5 votes

    B) Who is the best rapper ever?

    Jay-Z: 33 votes
    Nas: 41 votes
    Tupac: 53 votes

    How can you tell me that poll A is more valid then poll B?

    Please, sit down Jimmy, class is still in session.

    Chaos-"Dude your going to regret saying that"

    Chaos also noticed your mistake

    When your talkin about games played, averages for 5-10 games are not good to go by. Theres 82 games in a season, you want at least 20-25 games.

    Marbury has played 24 games. His shooting percentages were better then Crawfords, and He averaged more free throws per game then Crawford.

    Is 24 games enough of a sample to assume that Marbury wouldve continued this trend?

    I would say so, last year Marbury attempted 5.2 free throws per game. This year, he was averaging 4.8 free throw attempts per game.

    Crawford has averaged 4.7 free throw attempts this year, only a .1 difference but lets remember that Marbury was playing injured all season.

    After 55 games, its safe to say that Crawfords ft attempts will remain about the same, the most it will change is by .2 either up or down.

    It really doesnt matter that Marbury has only played 24 games, he was never able to work himself into a rhythm because of

    1. Isiah benching him
    2. Fathers death
    3. Injury

    What im gettin at is if anything his free throw attempts based on all the information I have provided, would have gone up, making him a tougher/more efficient basketball player then Crawford.

    Crawford has excellent ball handling skills, theres no excuse for him. He should be shootin less 3's and more free throws, especially when factoring in his high FT percentage.

    Class is out kids, time to go home.



    Jimmy lost.
    Choas didn't notice a mistake, that was simply a warning. So you are telling me that when you are doing a statistical study, the smaller the sample, the more valid??? Maybe you should go back to class. Are you a baseball fan??? Did you know to even qualify for a batting title you must average 3.1 at-bats per game which averages out to around 500 at bats for a 162 game season. So if you hit .450, but only have 100 at bats, guess what??? No batting title. So size of sample whether you are talking about number of attempts or participants in a study does matter. The larger test numbers tend to result in more valid findings. Class dismissed. P.S.---When you grow up, please don't go work for the FDA or any other government agencies that test products consuption by the general population, because with the way you think after testing about 8 people you would declare the product good.

  14. #59
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Choas didn't notice a mistake, that was simply a warning. So you are telling me that when you are doing a statistical study, the smaller the sample, the more valid??? Maybe you should go back to class. Are you a baseball fan??? Did you know to even qualify for a batting title you must average 3.1 at-bats per game which averages out to around 500 at bats for a 162 game season. So if you hit .450, but only have 100 at bats, guess what??? No batting title. So size of sample whether you are talking about number of attempts or participants in a study does matter. The larger test numbers tend to result in more valid findings. Class dismissed. P.S.---When you grow up, please don't go work for the FDA or any other government agencies that test products consuption by the general population, because with the way you think after testing about 8 people you would declare the product good.
    You are officially the Biggest ****in idiot alive, Die!!!!! Thats what I was sayin you dumb ****!!!! I understand now what you were sayin in your poorly worded 1st post, I thought at first you were sayin smaller samples are more valid. Heres part of my post:

    "Your claimin that the larger the sample is, the less valid it is. You actually have this reversed, smaller samples obviously have less validity. The more you have to go by, the more you can be sure."

    Are you illiterate? You cant be this ****in dumb, how old are you? Go to school and Learn how to read!!!

    We keep havin this problem, you cant ****in read.

    **** out of here kid.

  15. #60
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    No, I dont remember him limping but didnt it say in one of the articles that hes actually had this problem for a couple of years?
    stephon has had ankle problems since his minnesota days but when stephon is not right u can tell and to me stephon didnt look physically hurt

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Crawford Sucks Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2008, 16:32
  2. jamal crawford - overrated?
    By a knick fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 21, 2005, 09:43
  3. Crawford will play!
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 16, 2004, 11:22
  4. Crawford Wants to Win
    By jsm0331 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2004, 17:37
  5. Crawford rejects the trade
    By jsm0331 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2004, 17:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •