Eddy Curry

Eddy Currys Value/Skill is equal or better then....

• Dwight Howard....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kwame Brown

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Brezec (TOR)

• a first round draft pick Center (top 20)

• Mikki Moore

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A raw 18 year old 7 foot center

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think this guy is depressed or something. He is playing awful basketball, not tactics at all. He is just playing really poorly. The thread here is a question about how much value do you think Eddy Curry has? I think he has the value of a Diop, Miki Moore, or Kwame.. EC is nothing special in NY. Maybe he might get better in a different team, where they don't rely on the PF position to much (Z bo)

Kwame and Curry are the two players that were highly thought of, and projected to be top players in the league, turned out to be jokes.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm going to be as nice as I possibly can. Curry has the value of a shooting guard that can only score in the paint and that has to use strength to their advantage, rather than quickness.He can play on a team that has defense at almost every position, so that the team won't be as affected by the open dunks and lay ups that will be allowed.He can score in the paint, with the help of an excellent playmaker, like Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Jose Calderon, etc.Perhaps a team like the Spurs, Lakers, or Celtics would be a good fit for the 6'11 Curry.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I picked Mikki Moore, but I got more respect for Moore. He doesnt have much skill, but a huge heart. Moore worked hard for years, tryin to make it to the NBA. He got several 10 day contracts, but couldnt stay anywhere. He finally found a home in New Jersey, where he made an impact. His hard work got him a nice contract from the Sac Kings. Keep workin hard Mikki, and preach to Curry about hard work.

nyKnicks126

Good points, ABCD, and MSG.

I think that Eddy Curry with his work ethic will never be a player to rely on. Eddy Curry still has time to make a change, but I think his work ethic will effect that.

starbury4real

Benchwarmer
Diop And Mikki Moore Is What We All Wish Curry was. At Least They Player Their Hearts Out, Rebound, Block Shots, Both Guys Do What Their Team Ask Them To Do. They Will Never Allow Smaller Guards To Dunk Or Lay It Up On Them. The Only Thing That Separate Eddy And The Other Two Is His Size And Scoring Prowess Other Than That Curry Is Useless. And Then Again What Is The Point If U Have The Tool And Can't Complete The Job, It Makes No Use. Its Like A Chef With All The Ingredients And Utensils To Make A Delicious Food But He/she Don't Know How To Use The Ingredient. And With A Guy Like Curry If He Doesn't Score, He Is No Use. Plus When U On This Knick Team With Alot Of Scorers, U Don't Need Scoring In All The Position, Other Guys Need To Do The Intangibles. And I Guarantee U, Those Guys Can Score But Since They Have Other Guys Who Can Score, They Do Other Things That Their Respective Teams Lack. Curry Is Another Issue But I Wouldn't Put All The Blame On Eddy Because He Has Lost His Confidence and The Same Coach Who Once Called Him A Franchise Player Has Thrown Him Under The Bus. Its Like A Bird With A Broken Wing. Without A Healthy Wing, He Can't Be Able To Fly, Thats What Eddy Is And I Am Using Eddy As A Metaphor.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Good points, ABCD, and MSG.

I think that Eddy Curry with his work ethic will never be a player to rely on. Eddy Curry still has time to make a change, but I think his work ethic will effect that.
Curry has no work ethic. That's his main problem. Do you remember what Quentin Richardson said about Curry last year? He said, and I quote:"Now he always shows up to practice. We used to have to force him to show up, but now he's always showin up on time."That statement was so shocking to me, that I remember it a year later. When a player doesn't want to go to practice, there's just no hope.

clumsy

Rotation player
I hate his game, but he is young. Of course right now he'll be compared to Kwame.

I think if somehow they were able to put into his contract, that he had to see a nutritionist, had to see a trainer in the offseason and do mad cardio/workouts he could be a much better player. Possibly even be a decent starter. Honestly tho; if Randolph did everything above, he will still be a better player than Curry.

nyKnicks126

Its weird, cause I never heard that quote, but good thing Q put that out in the media, at least we know now, he really doesn't like the game of basketball. Only his height and "some" low post offense is what is keeping him in the league.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Its weird, cause I never heard that quote, but good thing Q put that out in the media, at least we know now, he really doesn't like the game of basketball. Only his height and "some" low post offense is what is keeping him in the league.

Currys playin for the money, not for the love of the game. This is why he'll never be the star that he should be. I have said several times in the past and Ill say it again, Curry should be dominating, almost to the extent of Dwight Howard. Hes built to be unstoppable and hes more athletic then he looks. Isiah has said before that Curry is the most athletic player on the Knicks. I strongly disagree, its Nate Robinson, but Curry can get off the ground (No Paris, not because someone is holding a hamburger above the rim). Currys lazyness only allows him to occasionally elevate the way he should be everytime he jumps.