Good find! That was pretty cool. You can tell Marbury really likes the camera. I wonder how long it is before we start seeing Marbury commercials. I remember you never saw a Sprewell commercial till he came to new york, then he started doing those cool And 1 commercials and even had his own sneaker too, but that was after they went to the finals. If Marbury can achieve a similar feat I think endorsements and a shoe shouldnt be far behind. Lets look at some of the few players who are currently acting as pitchmen for corporate america:
1) Shaq - Seems to promote mostly non sports related stuff, like McDonalds, candy bars and RadioShaq
2) McGrady - Cool Addidias commercials, strictly sports stuff
3) Iverson - Strictly sports, Reebok
4) Lebron - Some fun new Nike commercials, will he ever cross over into selling big macs?
5) Carter - used to sell Gatorade, I dont know if he does anymore
6) J-Kidd - had some nike commercials last season but doesnt seem to be selling anything this year
7) Garnett - Seen him do some funny trading card commercials
8) Pierce - Some foot locker commercials which promote Nike
9) Yao Ming - what a range, Reebok, Gatorade, Mastercard, Apple, isnt this guy violating the tenets of Communist China?
10) Tim Duncan - Shaving cream commercials he did with Robinson which still get shown.
Other players do bit parts in ads which feature a few players or other small scale advertising, but as you can see, when it comes to major advertising it is a very select list which only the best and most marketable players occupy. If Marbury could crack this rotation I think it would make him very happy that hes playing in New York.
ohh, i'm loving it already, can't wait to see his comercials
great job, there were plenty pics to choose for a new avatar, what you think of it?
hehe, imagine steph making berry candies comercials
and check the new flavors available : strawberry, blueberry, starbury
steph has a sig shoe from and1 (footlocker exclusive), although haven't seen him wear it as a knick..