Do the knicks finally get to keep a draft pick this year?

skillums

Rookie
The knicks really suck this year can they finally keep a pick?

The knicks worked hard to suck ass and get the number 2 pick in 2006 and the bulls snatched that.

The knicks sucked not so hard last year but the bulls snatched their pick again.

The knicks should be in the top 5 in the lottery this year. Is that pick gonna snatched away too because of some stupid trade? I heard the jazz can snatch their pick because of some trade from like 8 years ago

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiah is known for bein generous and givin draft picks away, as of rite now we have our draft pick but dont be suprised to see a draft night trade pulled off, where we pick up another long term contract.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The knicks really suck this year can they finally keep a pick?

The knicks worked hard to suck ass and get the number 2 pick in 2006 and the bulls snatched that.

The knicks sucked not so hard last year but the bulls snatched their pick again.

The knicks should be in the top 5 in the lottery this year. Is that pick gonna snatched away too because of some stupid trade? I heard the jazz can snatch their pick because of some trade from like 8 years ago

We have our 1st round draft pick this year. It's top 23 protected. Unless our pick is higher than the 23rd (impossible at this point) we get to keep it. We don't have our 2nd round pick though. That was traded away for Demetrius Nichols, who was then waived during preseason. Another brilliant move by Isiah.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
So you are telling me that if we are the top 7 teams in the league we keep our pick??? No way you are wrong, I think you got quite the opposite. We get to keep all picks from 1-22. If we pass 23 and up Jazz get the pick. 2009 22 projected in 2009, and unprojected in 2010 for the Jazz. I am still not 100% sure on how this works.. Really we have to ask Isiah himself.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
So you are telling me that if we are the top 7 teams in the league we keep our pick??? No way you are wrong, I think you got quite the opposite. We get to keep all picks from 1-22. If we pass 23 and up Jazz get the pick. 2009 22 projected in 2009, and unprojected in 2010 for the Jazz. I am still not 100% sure on how this works.. Really we have to ask Isiah himself.

That's what I meant. I guess I didn't explain it clear enough. We keep our pick this year. Don't worry. There is no way we will have a 23rd - 32nd pick this year.

According to this article if the Knicks fail to reach the playoffs they give Utah there first pick.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2008/01/knicks-could-lose-lottery-pick.html

The article is talking about the 2010 pick. It is unprotected. Which means the Jazz get our pick after the '09-'10 season.

Quoted from article
...in 2010 it is not protected, so if the Knicks fail to reach the playoffs that season, Utah gets a lottery pick.