View Poll Results: Which of the following players is the best defensively?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Duncan

2 12.50%
  • Marcus Camby

10 62.50%
  • Dwight Howard

1 6.25%
  • Kevin Garnett

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks Game Thread 2/29

Nyk Logo It wont be pretty

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Anyone got predictions on this game?

Thanks MSGKnickz33, i think the knicks will keep it close until halftime. Atlanta is a very athletic team that likes to run and i think they are going to run the knicks out of Phillips Arena tonight. Game Score Prediction- Hawks:115 - Knicks:94. I cant watch tonight, i have to work so i hoping for the best. As always- GO KNICKS!!!!!

D-Lee42Fan

Tim Duncan sucks at defense. Watched him last night looked so slow on d getting burned for dunks all night. Atlanta shouldnt have much trouble with this one, specially with our slow frontcourt. 106-94 Atl.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Prediction Knicks 98 Hawks 101.

Originally Posted by naterob4
    Tim Duncan sucks at defense. Watched him last night looked so slow on d getting burned for dunks all night. Atlanta shouldnt have much trouble with this one, specially with our slow frontcourt. 106-94 Atl.
    I thought I saw him with a highlight block on a fastbreak, maybe that was a couple nights ago. I think hes a good defender but not as good as KG, Dwight, and Camby.

KnicksonLIN.com

Predictions: Knicks win
    Score: Knicks 100 Atlanta 99
    Crawford chucks a shot, misses, and Nate Robinson catches the rebound and gets a buzzer beater.

Predictions

• MSG33: Hawks 112 Knicks 86
    • ABCD: Knicks 100 Hawks 99
    • NYKNicks126: Hawks 101 Knicks 98
    • D-Lee42fan: Hawks 115 Knicks 94
    • NateRob4: Hawks 106 Knicks 94

Who saw that crossover by Crawford?

I thought I saw him with a highlight block on a fastbreak, maybe that was a couple nights ago. I think hes a good defender but not as good as KG, Dwight, and Camby.
    First of all terrific game thread, I enjoyed the read. Second of all are you insane!!!! Dwight Howard better then Duncan defensively??? Come on now msg, come back to earth. The Spurs have been the best defensive team in the nba for about the last decade and Duncan has been the most important part and center of all the defensive schemes they run down by the alamo. You can't go wrong with either KG or Camby but to put Dwight Howard on that level at this point of his NBA career is ridiculous. Don't you dare argue with me and point to Dwight Howard's stats either, thanks in advance.

In other news great job by espn, instead of subjecting us to the scheduled brutal matchup of wizards/bulls they're giving us Hornets/Jazz. Big game for Paul tonight as the Hornets prior to Wednesdays game against the Sun have not been playing well and as we've discussed prior in his rivalry with Deron Williams, Paul has been badly out played. CP3 has something to prove tonight, I'm excited to see if he rises up to the challenge.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

I saw Q.Rich miss, then Zach miss, then Crawford miss, then Curry miss, then Curry miss again. And Atlanta is only giving the Knicks one shot on offense, and all these consecutive misses. Curry third shot just went in. Tie score at 44.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    First of all terrific game thread, I enjoyed the read. Second of all are you insane!!!! Dwight Howard better then Duncan defensively??? Come on now msg, come back to earth. The Spurs have been the best defensive team in the nba for about the last decade and Duncan has been the most important part and center of all the defensive schemes they run down by the alamo. You can't go wrong with either KG or Camby but to put Dwight Howard on that level at this point of his NBA career is ridiculous. Don't you dare argue with me and point to Dwight Howard's stats either, thanks in advance.

In other news great job by espn, instead of subjecting us to the scheduled brutal matchup of wizards/bulls they're giving us Hornets/Jazz. Big game for Paul tonight as the Hornets prior to Wednesdays game against the Sun have not been playing well and as we've discussed prior in his rivalry with Deron Williams, Paul has been badly out played. CP3 has something to prove tonight, I'm excited to see if he rises up to the challenge.
    yous a b*tch straight up. How you gonna call me out when naterob4 says Duncan is terrible at playin defense? I gave him more credit then that, and lets remember Duncan is surrounded by great defenders. Howard doesnt play with defenders, i shut you down in that argument and you aint been on here as much.

Apparently, no one agrees with you that Deron is better then CP3. Poll results from the other game thread proved this, with 6 votes goin to Paul and zero goin to Williams.

You come on here mainly to start arguments with me and metro, ignoring other posts. Stop comin on here sayin stuff like "dont you dare", you aint nowhere near my level and this is well established.

You see my game threads, you seen me in arguments. You dont come with half of what I bring, f*ck outta here. Knowledge reigns supreme

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I saw Q.Rich miss, then Zach miss, then Crawford miss, then Curry miss, then Curry miss again. And Atlanta is only giving the Knicks one shot on offense, and all these consecutive misses. Curry third shot just went in. Tie score at 44.
    Not a bad 1st half, the Hawks will need to dominate the 2nd half for my prediction to be rite.

So much for Hornets/Jazz excitement

Damn, so after the first half of Knicks/Hawks I've learned that the Hawks are almost as bad defensively as the Knicks.

KnicksonLIN.com

I gotta give Crawford his credit. He's played well tonight. He's agressive, he's passing the ball, and he's not settling for the 3 as much as he normally does. I also like how Z-BO is playing. He had a double double in the first half alone.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

My prediction can still happen. I still think the Knicks will loose, I don't think this consistent, and inconsistent play work well together. Q-Rich, EC inconsistent,,, Z Bo Crawford are hustling and are consistent.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    So much for Hornets/Jazz excitement

Damn, so after the first half of Knicks/Hawks I've learned that the Hawks are almost as bad defensively as the Knicks.
    I know what you sayin but suprisingly:

Hawks: 97.6 points allowed (10th)
    Knicks: 101.1 points allowed (21st)

Originally Posted by abcd
    I gotta give Crawford his credit. He's played well tonight. He's agressive, he's passing the ball, and he's not settling for the 3 as much as he normally does. I also like how Z-BO is playing. He had a double double in the first half alone.
    Its not that i dislike crawford, sometimes hes fun to watch because of his ball handling but his chucking, turnovers, and lack of defense annoy me. Whats gotten into Z-Bo (Besides a couple of BK value meals)?