New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks Game Thread 2/29

Which of the following players is the best defensively?

• Tim Duncan

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Marcus Camby

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Dwight Howard

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Kevin Garnett

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Predictions

• MSG33: Hawks 112 Knicks 86
  • ABCD: Knicks 100 Hawks 99
  • NYKNicks126: Hawks 101 Knicks 98
  • D-Lee42fan: Hawks 115 Knicks 94
  • NateRob4: Hawks 106 Knicks 94

I thought I saw him with a highlight block on a fastbreak, maybe that was a couple nights ago. I think hes a good defender but not as good as KG, Dwight, and Camby.

First of all terrific game thread, I enjoyed the read. Second of all are you insane!!!! Dwight Howard better then Duncan defensively??? Come on now msg, come back to earth. The Spurs have been the best defensive team in the nba for about the last decade and Duncan has been the most important part and center of all the defensive schemes they run down by the alamo. You can't go wrong with either KG or Camby but to put Dwight Howard on that level at this point of his NBA career is ridiculous. Don't you dare argue with me and point to Dwight Howard's stats either, thanks in advance.

In other news great job by espn, instead of subjecting us to the scheduled brutal matchup of wizards/bulls they're giving us Hornets/Jazz. Big game for Paul tonight as the Hornets prior to Wednesdays game against the Sun have not been playing well and as we've discussed prior in his rivalry with Deron Williams, Paul has been badly out played. CP3 has something to prove tonight, I'm excited to see if he rises up to the challenge.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who saw that crossover by Crawford?

I saw Q.Rich miss, then Zach miss, then Crawford miss, then Curry miss, then Curry miss again. And Atlanta is only giving the Knicks one shot on offense, and all these consecutive misses. Curry third shot just went in. Tie score at 44.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
First of all terrific game thread, I enjoyed the read. Second of all are you insane!!!! Dwight Howard better then Duncan defensively??? Come on now msg, come back to earth. The Spurs have been the best defensive team in the nba for about the last decade and Duncan has been the most important part and center of all the defensive schemes they run down by the alamo. You can't go wrong with either KG or Camby but to put Dwight Howard on that level at this point of his NBA career is ridiculous. Don't you dare argue with me and point to Dwight Howard's stats either, thanks in advance.

In other news great job by espn, instead of subjecting us to the scheduled brutal matchup of wizards/bulls they're giving us Hornets/Jazz. Big game for Paul tonight as the Hornets prior to Wednesdays game against the Sun have not been playing well and as we've discussed prior in his rivalry with Deron Williams, Paul has been badly out played. CP3 has something to prove tonight, I'm excited to see if he rises up to the challenge.

yous a b*tch straight up. How you gonna call me out when naterob4 says Duncan is terrible at playin defense? I gave him more credit then that, and lets remember Duncan is surrounded by great defenders. Howard doesnt play with defenders, i shut you down in that argument and you aint been on here as much.

Apparently, no one agrees with you that Deron is better then CP3. Poll results from the other game thread proved this, with 6 votes goin to Paul and zero goin to Williams.

You come on here mainly to start arguments with me and metro, ignoring other posts. Stop comin on here sayin stuff like "dont you dare", you aint nowhere near my level and this is well established.

You see my game threads, you seen me in arguments. You dont come with half of what I bring, f*ck outta here. Knowledge reigns supreme

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I saw Q.Rich miss, then Zach miss, then Crawford miss, then Curry miss, then Curry miss again. And Atlanta is only giving the Knicks one shot on offense, and all these consecutive misses. Curry third shot just went in. Tie score at 44.

Not a bad 1st half, the Hawks will need to dominate the 2nd half for my prediction to be rite.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Who saw that crossover by Crawford?
I gotta give Crawford his credit. He's played well tonight. He's agressive, he's passing the ball, and he's not settling for the 3 as much as he normally does. I also like how Z-BO is playing. He had a double double in the first half alone.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
My prediction can still happen. I still think the Knicks will loose, I don't think this consistent, and inconsistent play work well together. Q-Rich, EC inconsistent,,, Z Bo Crawford are hustling and are consistent.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
So much for Hornets/Jazz excitement :lol:

Damn, so after the first half of Knicks/Hawks I've learned that the Hawks are almost as bad defensively as the Knicks.

I know what you sayin but suprisingly:

Hawks: 97.6 points allowed (10th)
Knicks: 101.1 points allowed (21st)

I gotta give Crawford his credit. He's played well tonight. He's agressive, he's passing the ball, and he's not settling for the 3 as much as he normally does. I also like how Z-BO is playing. He had a double double in the first half alone.

Its not that i dislike crawford, sometimes hes fun to watch because of his ball handling but his chucking, turnovers, and lack of defense annoy me. Whats gotten into Z-Bo (Besides a couple of BK value meals)?

nyKnicks126

To end this debate, only time will tell who is better CP3 or Williams, but for now its CP3, last year I was leaning towards Williams, but this year its the MVP candidate Chris Paul.

nyKnicks126

Thanks again, Its just funny how Yao acts like he got hit in the eye after such an embrassing block from a player thats 5 foot 8.

By the way 22 pts and 15 boards for Z Bo 4 minutes to go in the 3rd.

nyKnicks126

I like Josh Smiths game, he's contract expires this year. It could be cool to sign him for a mid-level exception. lol but he wouldn't accept NY.