Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02292008/sports/knicks/keep_out__marbury__99750.htm

February 29, 2008 -- Stephon Marbury has been instructed by Isiah Thomas not to attend KnicksNew York Knicks home games - another indication of the continuing feud between the former pals, The Post has learned.

According to a Marbury confidant, the embattled point guard is under a gag order by Knicks management, forbidding him from speaking to the media. Marbury has not commented since his Jan. 22 ankle surgery. "They've got a muzzle on him," the confidant said.

Marbury began rehab 11 days ago at the club's Westchester practice facility, and he has wanted to join the club on the home bench at the Garden since the All-Star break, according to the friend. Marbury is one of three captains, along with Jamal Crawford and Malik Rose.

Thomas disrespected Marbury on Wednesday night when he talked about next season's backcourt and did not mention Marbury. Thomas said the Knicks need to add a point guard to next season's club, saying Nate Robinson, Jamal Crawford and Fred Jones need help with ballhandling.

Thomas was given two chances to correct himself, but declined to add Marbury to next season's point-guard mix. Marbury still has one year left and $21 million on his pact - a valuable commodity for a team looking to get under the salary cap after the 2008-09 season.

Marbury has not attended a Knicks game since they faced the Nets at the Meadowlands Jan. 16 as he awaited word on his MRI. When surgery became more involved than anticipated - seven bone fragments were removed in a two-hour procedure - Marbury was not fit to attend games in the two weeks following the operation as he was on heavy pain medication. But now, the friend said, he's ready to cheer on the club from the bench. The Post has reported Marbury is out for the season, though the Knicks won't acknowledge it.

"He's going to practice all the time, rehabbing, interacting, watching games on TV at home," Robinson said. "He supports us 100 percent."

That Marbury has been instructed not to travel with the club makes sense because it could interfere with rehab. But Marbury, the friend said, doesn't understand why he can't go to home games.

Insiders believe Thomas feels Marbury cost the Knicks the season by rebelling so strongly in November when the coach looked to remove Marbury from the starting lineup after five games. Marbury's bolting of Phoenix fractured the locker room. Thomas also resents Marbury for having surgery instead of trying to postpone it. "It was very bad timing for the team," the friend said, "but it had to be done."

Thomas said Wednesday if Marbury had the season he did in 2006-07, the Knicks "would've won five, six more games and we'd be right in the thick of things."

That 2nd to last paragraph is very interesting, Isiah feels Marbury cost the Knicks the season by leaving the team. If anything, Isiah should be feeling guilty about this.

These are facts, not opinions:

• Marbury got off to a slow start
  • Marburys defense was below average
  • Crawford got off to a horrible start
  • Crawford wasnt playing any defense
  • Crawford and Marbury are both captains
  • Marbury gets benched, Crawford keeps playing

Everyone already knows Crawford is Isiahs son, and Isiah dislikes Marbury. No one brings my facts into consideration when Marbury leaving the team comes up. Like Isiah, many posters on here dislike Marbury and have unfair opinions.

I dont know how valid quotes are from Marburys friend, but he said Marbury wants to return to the bench and support his team. Nate Robinson also said, "He supports us 100%." Marburys friend also said that the surgery had to be done.

While Thomas admitted the Knicks would have 5 or 6 more wins, he has clearly made Marbury the scapegoat for the Knicks problems. Isiah is 100% of the blame for the Knicks problems, not Marbury. Anyone blaming Marbury and not putting 100% of the blame on Isiah is an Isiahsexual.

Starks

Starter
That plane ride was the official end to this season.

Marbs isn't the type to keep his mouth shut, so it should be really interesting to hear what he says once the Knicks fire him/waive him/trade him, or whatever they plan to do.

Will we finally hear about the dirt he said he has on Thomas?

Jeffries Curry Zach James need to get banned as well

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
At this point i dont think anyone would lose respect (or more respect) if Marbury opens his mouth and tells all his secrets. If he doesnt, someone on this team will eventually write a book.

Nate exposed Isiah by sayin "He supports us 100%."

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
nor did his teammates deserve him spliting and goin bak to ny

These are facts, not opinions:

• Marbury got off to a slow start
  • Marburys defense was below average
  • Crawford got off to a horrible start
  • Crawford wasnt playing any defense
  • Crawford and Marbury are both captains
  • Marbury gets benched, Crawford keeps playing

"He's going to practice all the time, rehabbing, interacting, watching games on TV at home," Robinson said. "He supports us 100 percent."

Lets also keep in mind, we still dont know all the details of what happened on that plane. There were rumors about punches being thrown, there was never any conclusion to that. Maybe Marbury instigated, maybe Isiah did. Fact is we dont know so its unfair to hold that against Marbury.

Its sad to still see people blaming Marbury, after all the bad Isiah has done this year.

Starks

Starter
true, but it looks like his legacy will always continue to be that wherever he goes- he and the franchise go sour on eachother.

At some point, you can't help but think it isn't all coincidences. 4 teams, 4 bad endings.

Trin_Starr

Starter
It's over Isiah is running da show!

isiah_dolan.jpg

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
true, but it looks like his legacy will always continue to be that wherever he goes- he and the franchise go sour on eachother.

At some point, you can't help but think it isn't all coincidences. 4 teams, 4 bad endings.

I can see the other 3 teams but I strongly believe last year he erased all his bad by showing leadership and playing defense. For whatever reason, he never gets any credit for how he played last year. I think we wouldve seen a repeat this year, had it not been for Isiahs bad decision early in the season.

Great pic Trin Starr, if only it was real!!! If only they both got shot, would be the best way for that to turn out.

paris401

Starter
I can see the other 3 teams but I strongly believe last year he erased all his bad by showing leadership and playing defense. For whatever reason, he never gets any credit for how he played last year. I think we wouldve seen a repeat this year, had it not been for Isiahs bad decision early in the season.

1st off i gotta say i do not like starbury... not in minny, with the nets,suns and now the knicks...

HOWEVER

for isiah to bench probably his best player for collins, then reinsert starbury and 'bury' collins at the end of the bench... what am i missing???

if the season was starting off shitty (which it was), and isiah wanted to shake things up by inserting collins in the lineup, i mite not agree... but it's a coaching decision...

but collins was buried so far at the end of the bench, he has to pay a fukin g.w. bridge toll to get to the scorers table to check in... and isiah's 'experiment' lasts a couple of games... what the fuk is isiah think...

i know the answer... he's not...

isiah if u are reading this... u are one stupid fuk... and i say it with luv in my heart....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
1st off i gotta say i do not like starbury... not in minny, with the nets,suns and now the knicks...

HOWEVER

for isiah to bench probably his best player for collins, then reinsert starbury and 'bury' collins at the end of the bench... what am i missing???

if the season was starting off shitty (which it was), and isiah wanted to shake things up by inserting collins in the lineup, i mite not agree... but it's a coaching decision...

but collins was buried so far at the end of the bench, he has to pay a fukin g.w. bridge toll to get to the scorers table to check in... and isiah's 'experiment' lasts a couple of games... what the fuk is isiah think...

i know the answer... he's not...

isiah if u are reading this... u are one stupid fuk... and i say it with luv in my heart....

What bothers me even more then that is Crawford not gettin benched, he had a terrible November (and December). He continued to get his big minutes while playin NO DEFENSE, and Starbury got benched. Crawford is clearly Isiahs son.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I agree with you MSG. This is some bullcrap. If there was anyone to blame for this season it's Isiah Thomas and Eddy Curry. In order to cover his ass this piece of crap scapegoating Marbury. If you want to talk about distractions to the team. Hows about the whole sexual harassment scandal. ISIAH IS A SEX OFFENDER and the chick he harassed was UGLY (Just another reason why i don't trust his evaluations). Where does he get the balls to figure Marbury was bringing the team down.
Secondly when Marbury was lost his mentor and his aunt and his father in such a short span. I don't blame marbury for telling isiah to piss off after he wanted to take him out of the starting lineup and essentially place blame on him for a shaky start. Dolan and Isiah need to Die... slowly and painfully like this Season has felt.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with you MSG. This is some bullcrap. If there was anyone to blame for this season it's Isiah Thomas and Eddy Curry. In order to cover his ass this piece of crap scapegoating Marbury. If you want to talk about distractions to the team. Hows about the whole sexual harassment scandal. ISIAH IS A SEX OFFENDER and the chick he harassed was UGLY (Just another reason why i don't trust his evaluations). Where does he get the balls to figure Marbury was bringing the team down.
Secondly when Marbury was lost his mentor and his aunt and his father in such a short span. I don't blame marbury for telling isiah to piss off after he wanted to take him out of the starting lineup and essentially place blame on him for a shaky start. Dolan and Isiah need to Die... slowly and painfully like this Season has felt.

If I could give you 1000 rep points for this post I would. Unfortunatly i can only give you one, im sick of all these unfair opinions blaming Marbury. And you brought up a great point, which i never even thought to bring up. Everyones always talkin about Marbury bein a distraction to the team, what about Isiahs sexual harassment case?

Everyone thinks the team dont like Steph but both Nate and Lee always say the whole team supports him when their asked about him. They all showed support goin to his fathers funeral, isiahsexuals need to stop blamin Marbury and put ALL THE BLAME on Die-siah.

metrocard

Legend
No professional deserves this kind of treatment.

How are you going to a ban a man from the arena where his father died and last saw him?

Isiah has no heart or brain, he isn't human.

I rather have Bush be GM of the Knicks, Hitler be President of the Knicks, and let Curry be the coach of the Knicks than have Isiah hold all three positions.

Marbury is our best player.
Marbury is the only player on this team that has been to the playoffs with the Knicks.
Marbury should be treated like the best player on this team.

Isiah failed to do that and now we're paying the price.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No professional deserves this kind of treatment.

How are you going to a ban a man from the arena where his father died and last saw him?

Isiah has no heart or brain, he isn't human.

I rather have Bush be GM of the Knicks, Hitler be President of the Knicks, and let Curry be the coach of the Knicks than have Isiah hold all three positions.

Marbury is our best player.
Marbury is the only player on this team that has been to the playoffs with the Knicks.
Marbury should be treated like the best player on this team.

Isiah failed to do that and now we're paying the price.

unfortunatly it looks like Isiah is in Dolans future plans, which means were stuck with this piece of sh*t. im at a loss of words, all i can say is that I hate Isiah and i hopes he gets shanked up.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You should title this the we love Marbury thread. Now everybody can we hold hands and sing 'We Are the World'?

Factually I thought brining in Marbury was a great idea to bring some energy and excitement to NY. I didn't believe all the things that were said about Marbury, that he was selfish and could not lead a team into the play offs. All that stuff was Larry Brown's fault right? I mean he wanted Steph to pass so he passed and took less shots. That's all ancient history. Starks said it best, the season ended when Marbury took the plane ride back to NY and abandoned his team. Then gets this surgery which by the way is total bullshit. The surgery could have waited. I agree Marbury is slightly being used as a scapegoat but that doesn't take away from the fact that he left his team, twice. He has no place at the garden. Throwing a towel over your head when we're losing does nothing to encourage the team.

What it all boils down to is Thomas' bullshit is better than Mabury's. You gotta give it to him, after the Randolph/Curry front court disaster he sells this 'If Marbury didn't abandon us we'd make the playoffs' crap to Dolan and he bought it! Next season will be Thomas' last to prove that he is not completely useless. This is a lifeline from Dolan so Thomas can still get a job once he is let go. For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach. Clearly he's a horrible GM but he at least had the respect of his players and they all seemed to want to win for him, at least last season. All the Isiahsexual, Marbury groupie stuff a side, with the right GM we could be a play off team next season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If Isiah stays because he convinces Dolan that it was all Marbury's fault, then we need to pool our money together and hire a contract killer to assassinate both Dolan and Isiah.

I don't want Marbury on this team. I still think he shoudn't have bailed after being benched and if he had just sucked it up and played off the bench and taken one for the TEAM, then this season may have been different. Not much different though. Yeah, they may have won a few more games and would have been in contention for the 8th spot, but that's no accomplishment in the East. Even if Marbury had not been benched, or had not bailed, the team still has many flaws and generally sucks in every aspect of the game.

Marbury is not the reason why:
- Curry has sucked this year
- they cannot play defense
- Crawford has a poor fg%
- Randolph can't pass the ball
- Q. Rich can't shoot himself out of a paper bag
- they turn the ball over
- they don't play consistently
- they play with no effort.

The bottom line is that Isiah constructed this entire team. He put this mess together. And coaches the team as well. Therefore he needs to take the responsibility for their poor performance and their record.

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
The gag order put on him to me means that they are afraid he may release his "dirt" on Isiah. I dont care about Steph really, there is no taking away from his talent. But the cat has one of he worst attitudes in sports. Every where he goes there is conflict, with either teamates,coaches,management, or all three! From a talent stand point he is missed, but the hell with his attiitude. Larry Brown challenged him the same way he challenged Mark Jackson, Chauncy Billups, and Eric Snow, but Steph was the only one who could handle it. He finds out he isnt going to be a starter, and he leaves the team! Superstar players feel about him the way a lot of GMs feel about Isiah. He and Isiah are one and the same to me, they both need to be the hell out of NY before we start winning again.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You should title this the we love Marbury thread. Now everybody can we hold hands and sing 'We Are the World'?

Factually I thought brining in Marbury was a great idea to bring some energy and excitement to NY. I didn't believe all the things that were said about Marbury, that he was selfish and could not lead a team into the play offs. All that stuff was Larry Brown's fault right? I mean he wanted Steph to pass so he passed and took less shots. That's all ancient history. Starks said it best, the season ended when Marbury took the plane ride back to NY and abandoned his team. Then gets this surgery which by the way is total bullshit. The surgery could have waited. I agree Marbury is slightly being used as a scapegoat but that doesn't take away from the fact that he left his team, twice. He has no place at the garden. Throwing a towel over your head when we're losing does nothing to encourage the team.

What it all boils down to is Thomas' bullshit is better than Mabury's. You gotta give it to him, after the Randolph/Curry front court disaster he sells this 'If Marbury didn't abandon us we'd make the playoffs' crap to Dolan and he bought it! Next season will be Thomas' last to prove that he is not completely useless. This is a lifeline from Dolan so Thomas can still get a job once he is let go. For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach. Clearly he's a horrible GM but he at least had the respect of his players and they all seemed to want to win for him, at least last season. All the Isiahsexual, Marbury groupie stuff a side, with the right GM we could be a play off team next season.

Isiahsexual, damn you even swallowed with that post.

The gag order put on him to me means that they are afraid he may release his "dirt" on Isiah. I dont care about Steph really, there is no taking away from his talent. But the cat has one of he worst attitudes in sports. Every where he goes there is conflict, with either teamates,coaches,management, or all three! From a talent stand point he is missed, but the hell with his attiitude. Larry Brown challenged him the same way he challenged Mark Jackson, Chauncy Billups, and Eric Snow, but Steph was the only one who could handle it. He finds out he isnt going to be a starter, and he leaves the team! Superstar players feel about him the way a lot of GMs feel about Isiah. He and Isiah are one and the same to me, they both need to be the hell out of NY before we start winning again.

Hater

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What Isiah is doing further proves that he and Dolan are nothing but currupt politicians. I have no idea why Isiah is trying to humiliate Marbury. Marbury has supported Isiah from day 1. He just got sick and tired of Isiah's bulls#!t, like everyone else has.Isiah can say what he wants, but the bottom line is Marbury is still the best player on this team, if you can even call this a team. The Knicks look like a team blue D-League All Stars team.Isiah has to check himself, before he starts checking anybody on the Knicks. They're not the ones that traded themselves to this team or paid themselves the money they make. Isiah was the one responsible for trading all the players we have and signing all the players we have.