Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

You should title this the we love Marbury thread. Now everybody can we hold hands and sing 'We Are the World'?

Factually I thought brining in Marbury was a great idea to bring some energy and excitement to NY. I didn't believe all the things that were said about Marbury, that he was selfish and could not lead a team into the play offs. All that stuff was Larry Brown's fault right? I mean he wanted Steph to pass so he passed and took less shots. That's all ancient history. Starks said it best, the season ended when Marbury took the plane ride back to NY and abandoned his team. Then gets this surgery which by the way is total bull****. The surgery could have waited. I agree Marbury is slightly being used as a scapegoat but that doesn't take away from the fact that he left his team, twice. He has no place at the garden. Throwing a towel over your head when we're losing does nothing to encourage the team.

What it all boils down to is Thomas' bull**** is better than Mabury's. You gotta give it to him, after the Randolph/Curry front court disaster he sells this 'If Marbury didn't abandon us we'd make the playoffs' crap to Dolan and he bought it! Next season will be Thomas' last to prove that he is not completely useless. This is a lifeline from Dolan so Thomas can still get a job once he is let go. For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach. Clearly he's a horrible GM but he at least had the respect of his players and they all seemed to want to win for him, at least last season. All the Isiahsexual, Marbury groupie stuff a side, with the right GM we could be a play off team next season.

If Isiah stays because he convinces Dolan that it was all Marbury's fault, then we need to pool our money together and hire a contract killer to assassinate both Dolan and Isiah.

I don't want Marbury on this team. I still think he shoudn't have bailed after being benched and if he had just sucked it up and played off the bench and taken one for the TEAM, then this season may have been different. Not much different though. Yeah, they may have won a few more games and would have been in contention for the 8th spot, but that's no accomplishment in the East. Even if Marbury had not been benched, or had not bailed, the team still has many flaws and generally sucks in every aspect of the game.

Marbury is not the reason why:
    - Curry has sucked this year
    - they cannot play defense
    - Crawford has a poor fg%
    - Randolph can't pass the ball
    - Q. Rich can't shoot himself out of a paper bag
    - they turn the ball over
    - they don't play consistently
    - they play with no effort.

The bottom line is that Isiah constructed this entire team. He put this mess together. And coaches the team as well. Therefore he needs to take the responsibility for their poor performance and their record.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Feb 29, 2008 at 16:13.

The gag order put on him to me means that they are afraid he may release his "dirt" on Isiah. I dont care about Steph really, there is no taking away from his talent. But the cat has one of he worst attitudes in sports. Every where he goes there is conflict, with either teamates,coaches,management, or all three! From a talent stand point he is missed, but the hell with his attiitude. Larry Brown challenged him the same way he challenged Mark Jackson, Chauncy Billups, and Eric Snow, but Steph was the only one who could handle it. He finds out he isnt going to be a starter, and he leaves the team! Superstar players feel about him the way a lot of GMs feel about Isiah. He and Isiah are one and the same to me, they both need to be the hell out of NY before we start winning again.

Originally Posted by donchris
    You should title this the we love Marbury thread. Now everybody can we hold hands and sing 'We Are the World'?

Factually I thought brining in Marbury was a great idea to bring some energy and excitement to NY. I didn't believe all the things that were said about Marbury, that he was selfish and could not lead a team into the play offs. All that stuff was Larry Brown's fault right? I mean he wanted Steph to pass so he passed and took less shots. That's all ancient history. Starks said it best, the season ended when Marbury took the plane ride back to NY and abandoned his team. Then gets this surgery which by the way is total bull****. The surgery could have waited. I agree Marbury is slightly being used as a scapegoat but that doesn't take away from the fact that he left his team, twice. He has no place at the garden. Throwing a towel over your head when we're losing does nothing to encourage the team.

What it all boils down to is Thomas' bull**** is better than Mabury's. You gotta give it to him, after the Randolph/Curry front court disaster he sells this 'If Marbury didn't abandon us we'd make the playoffs' crap to Dolan and he bought it! Next season will be Thomas' last to prove that he is not completely useless. This is a lifeline from Dolan so Thomas can still get a job once he is let go. For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach. Clearly he's a horrible GM but he at least had the respect of his players and they all seemed to want to win for him, at least last season. All the Isiahsexual, Marbury groupie stuff a side, with the right GM we could be a play off team next season.
    Isiahsexual, damn you even swallowed with that post.

Originally Posted by New New York
    The gag order put on him to me means that they are afraid he may release his "dirt" on Isiah. I dont care about Steph really, there is no taking away from his talent. But the cat has one of he worst attitudes in sports. Every where he goes there is conflict, with either teamates,coaches,management, or all three! From a talent stand point he is missed, but the hell with his attiitude. Larry Brown challenged him the same way he challenged Mark Jackson, Chauncy Billups, and Eric Snow, but Steph was the only one who could handle it. He finds out he isnt going to be a starter, and he leaves the team! Superstar players feel about him the way a lot of GMs feel about Isiah. He and Isiah are one and the same to me, they both need to be the hell out of NY before we start winning again.
    Hater

KnicksonLIN.com

What Isiah is doing further proves that he and Dolan are nothing but currupt politicians. I have no idea why Isiah is trying to humiliate Marbury. Marbury has supported Isiah from day 1. He just got sick and tired of Isiah's bulls#!t, like everyone else has.Isiah can say what he wants, but the bottom line is Marbury is still the best player on this team, if you can even call this a team. The Knicks look like a team blue D-League All Stars team.Isiah has to check himself, before he starts checking anybody on the Knicks. They're not the ones that traded themselves to this team or paid themselves the money they make. Isiah was the one responsible for trading all the players we have and signing all the players we have.

KnicksonLIN.com

[quote=[B]donchris[/b];50095]
    For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach. quote]

I don't know what you're watching. Isiah isn't a bad coach? You call playing Crawford 41 mpg, letting Curry start games instead of David Lee(who's outplayed Curry all season)trying to bench Marbury for Mardy Collins,starting Quentin Richardson even though he shoots 35% on the season, and playing Wilson Chandler 0 minutes and Randolph Morris O minutes in a 18-39 season good coaching?

For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach.
    Originally Posted by abcd
    I don't know what you're watching. Isiah isn't a bad coach? You call playing Crawford 41 mpg, letting Curry start games instead of David Lee(who's outplayed Curry all season)trying to bench Marbury for Mardy Collins,starting Quentin Richardson even though he shoots 35% on the season, and playing Wilson Chandler 0 minutes and Randolph Morris O minutes in a 18-39 season good coaching?
    I completely lost all respect for donchris, usually I see where hes comin from with some of the things he says but not this. Hes not only on Isiahs d*ck, but he swallowed.

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Sad story, Marbury isn't a bad guy. He is the only one that can sh!t on Isiah, and rat him out of all he has done at MSG, example (Sexual Harassment)

For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach.
    ....What!!! Isiah shows VERY little emotion, and his coaching stragies are horrible for the most part. I don't know what you are talking about saying that isn't a bad coach.. Isiah can really care less about anything going on, he barely even moves around, only sometimes, Don Chaney even showed more emotion, not to mention the great Jeff Van Gundy.

lol donchris lost all credibility

its so nice i gotta say it twice.......nice sig

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Yeah thanks man, I had to get a new one.

Lurker

I dont post much on here but I gotta say: How long is Isiah going to be here? Ticket sales cant be great, I know I was a season ticket holder and I would NEVER go to a Knicks game again until hes gone. Is Dolan on crack? How can he actually think there is a light at the end of the tunnel with Isiah? Anyone in their right mind can see that this franchise is a f***ing disaster in every sense of the word, there is no escaping this hole they are in, except by cleaning house.

Not having the Knicks in the playoffs for another year is just unacceptable. The team has or had all the money out there to build an excellent team and what happens? Well we all see what happened. I dont know about any of you but when im watching the NBA on sunday or on NBAtv or on TNT....I miss seeing the Knicks......who the hell wants to watch them? I sure as hell cant, its disgraceful. But we all know this, now what is the solution?

Noone knows what happened between Marbury and Isiah but by Isiah banning him from the Garden its just one more distraction that the team doesnt need. Does Isiah blame himself? I know he took responsibilty for a loss once but doesnt he realize he is a horrible coach? Jermaine Oneal seems to love him and says it "bothers" him when Knick fans Boo Isiah.....Isiah seems to have some players that love him......I wonder why they love him so much?
    Its not a mature or professional thing to do in blaming Marbury for losing or not being able to play without having surgery. Are you a doctor too Isiah? I think you should go to the doctor Isiah and have your head examined....you really suck as a coach.....thanks for destroying our team.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I completely lost all respect for donchris, usually I see where hes comin from with some of the things he says but not this. Hes not only on Isiahs d*ck, but he swallowed.
    I am not an Isiah fan! Repeat I am not an Isiah coaching fan. But how is being an Isiah supporter any less discrediting than being a Marbaury fan? Again these two are one and the same!

Veteran

MSG, did I write anything in any of the Marbury Threads other than feelin for him in his grievement of family death.

I went and watched Marbury in alot of his High School games.
    The truth be told Isiah Thomas destroyed this Knick Team with his trade for Norris, then Marbury & Hardaway, three LOST PG.
    What Marbury did to the Nets should have kept him in the Western Conference untill he retired.

Banned

For the record, I don't think Thomas is a bad coach. Clearly he's a horrible GM but he at least had the respect of his players and they all seemed to want to win for him, at least last season.
    Its not his fualt, its the team. The Zach Randolph trade was bad but it looked like Isiah was doing the right thing by trading away Steve Francis and Channing Frye. How was he suppose to know? At least you give him credit for being a good coach.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    MSG, did I write anything in any of the Marbury Threads other than feelin for him in his grievement of family death.

The truth be told Isiah Thomas destroyed this Knick Team with his trade for Norris, then Marbury & Hardaway, three LOST PG.
    What Marbury did to the Nets should have kept him in the Western Conference untill he retired.
    Wow, i completely disagree with your post. **** what you said, Isiah did not destroy this knicks team. Marbury is still a good player, I hope him and Isiah can work things out. Even if they cant its stupid to by him out or trade him becuase he has an expiring contract. Isiah will prove everyone wrong!!!!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

From time to time you make negative comments about Marbury, as you did here again. What did he do to the Nets? He played well in New Jersey, K-Mart was in his first year and RJ was acquired the year after Marbury left.