View Poll Results: Who is the greatest Knick ever?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patrick Ewing

    8 50.00%
  • Walt "Clyde" Frazier

    5 31.25%
  • Bernard King

    2 12.50%
  • Willis Reed

    1 6.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55

Thread: New Orleans Hornets vs New York Knicks Game Thread 3/3

  1. #16
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    My vote was for Patrick Ewing. Whether you agree or not, he's definitely
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.. ........
    .................................................. ................. light years later.....Curry.
    I think the Knicks are gonna get killed by the Hornets. They're going to sting the crap out of the Knicks. They're only 1 game out of 1st place, and I doubt they'll blow their chance to get 1st place, cause they lost to a circus like the Knicks.Here's how the Hornets matchup against the NYK Cicus:

    New Orleans Hornets>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>New York Knicks

    Chris Paul > Nate Robinson
    Jamal Crawford > Morris Peterson
    Peja Stojakovic >>>>>>>>>> Quentin Richardson
    Zach Randolph = David West(West is the better team player, but Randolph can match West offensively and on rebounds; West > defender)
    Tyson Chandler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Curry

    Hornets starters>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Knicks starters
    Hornets bench > Knicks bench
    Better team: Hornets

  2. #17
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The Official MSG33 Prediction: Hornets 114 Knicks 92

    • Crawford will shoot less then 40%
    • Eddy Curry will not be a factor
    • Stojakovic will have a big game
    • Z-Bo: 4 turnovers

  3. #18
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I had the game thread almost finished and my internet stopped workin

    :

  4. #19
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    The MVP debate is tough cause Paul has the Hornets as a contender and the people who think they aren't good enough to win the league need to get a reality check. I know they lost today but they have beaten all the big teams and play great basketball and this is due to Chris Paul. Lebron is a beast and even though the Cavs arent a great team his figures are huge. Kobe is playing great and the Lakers are having a gun season.
    After all of that im leaning towards Kobe, especially if they finish top of the division.

    In regards to this match, NO will take this easily and expect Paul to score 30+ and get 15 assists

  5. #20
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    CP3 will get a lot of points maybe 28 or so, 7 or 8 dimes, but will have 3 turnovers. Mo Pete will have a great game.

    Knicks 83 Hornets 104

  6. #21
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Hornets are gonna come out mad tonight after losing big to washington last night...


    Hornets 115
    Knicks 62

  7. #22
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Knicks 104 Hornets 97

    No logical reason for this pick, but what the hell. We usually play good against a good team once in a blue moon.

  8. #23

    Default

    Surprised to see Ewing winning the poll but in a way I guess that makes sense given how most of us weren't alive for Clyde or Willis. I had to vote for Clyde given his two championships and big game heroics. If Ewing won a title it would be more of a debate. I wish those old school nba games were made available I'd love to see for myself how good those knick teams were with Willis, Debuscherre, Bradley, Clyde, Cazzie Russell, Earl the Pearl in '73 etc.

    I would say Lebron and Kobe are the most important players to their teams but I would give the MVP to Kobe Bryant because the Lakers are one of the leagues best teams and the guy has been amazing this season. If any of you caught the end of Mavs/Lakers yesterday I don't see how you could think otherwise. As I've said before the Kobe of 2007/2008 is almost a duplicate of Jordan.

    As for tonight's game I give the Knicks a shot but only because the Hornets have not been playing well lately. To me the most interesting matchup is old teammates Tyson Chandler vs Eddy Curry. I wonder how snacks (as vecsey calls him) feels going up against a guy who is everything that he is not. At the end of the day I say Hornets 104 Knicks 91 with Peja and Mo Pete hitting a million threes and Chris Paul hitting floaters and driving layups all over the place. Realistically the only highlight we can hope for is whatever comes out of Stephon's mouth when he meets up with reporters.

  9. #24
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    supposedly stephs aloud to go to the game tonight. I really don't know what the f*cks goin on now.

  10. #25
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    Surprised to see Ewing winning the poll but in a way I guess that makes sense given how most of us weren't alive for Clyde or Willis. I had to vote for Clyde given his two championships and big game heroics. If Ewing won a title it would be more of a debate. I wish those old school nba games were made available I'd love to see for myself how good those knick teams were with Willis, Debuscherre, Bradley, Clyde, Cazzie Russell, Earl the Pearl in '73 etc.

    I would say Lebron and Kobe are the most important players to their teams but I would give the MVP to Kobe Bryant because the Lakers are one of the leagues best teams and the guy has been amazing this season. If any of you caught the end of Mavs/Lakers yesterday I don't see how you could think otherwise. As I've said before the Kobe of 2007/2008 is almost a duplicate of Jordan.

    As for tonight's game I give the Knicks a shot but only because the Hornets have not been playing well lately. To me the most interesting matchup is old teammates Tyson Chandler vs Eddy Curry. I wonder how snacks (as vecsey calls him) feels going up against a guy who is everything that he is not. At the end of the day I say Hornets 104 Knicks 91 with Peja and Mo Pete hitting a million threes and Chris Paul hitting floaters and driving layups all over the place. Realistically the only highlight we can hope for is whatever comes out of Stephon's mouth when he meets up with reporters.
    Clyde probally is the best Knick ever, but good arguments can be made for the others. To quote Get REalistic, "Walt Clyde is the greatest Knick. All i have to say is game 7 1970 36 points and 19 assists." Plus, as you mentioned he won 2 championships. If you buy the Knicks complete history, it has Game 5 and Game 7 from the 1970 championship.

    Im not a big Kobe fan, but I gotta give it to him (no homo). Hes never won the MVP award, year after year he has at least been a top 3 player, this year his team is tied rite now for the best record in the Western conference. He doesnt have his highest ppg, hes not even averaging 30 a game but hes sharing the ball more allowin his teammates to help him.

    I woulda had Chandler vs Curry as my key matchup, but i didnt think curry would be playin more then 15-20 minutes. Now that Z-Bos out, maybe he will. Maybe Randolph Morris or Jerome James will even get some playin time.

  11. #26

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Clyde probally is the best Knick ever, but good arguments can be made for the others. To quote Get REalistic, "Walt Clyde is the greatest Knick. All i have to say is game 7 1970 36 points and 19 assists." Plus, as you mentioned he won 2 championships. If you buy the Knicks complete history, it has Game 5 and Game 7 from the 1970 championship.

    Im not a big Kobe fan, but I gotta give it to him (no homo). Hes never won the MVP award, year after year he has at least been a top 3 player, this year his team is tied rite now for the best record in the Western conference. He doesnt have his highest ppg, hes not even averaging 30 a game but hes sharing the ball more allowin his teammates to help him.
    Do they have Game 5 and Game 7 in full or just bits and pieces of it?

    I've never been a big Kobe fan either but holy crap he has been good this year.

    Why is Malik Rose starting? Is Isiah seriously still trying to make the playoffs?

  12. #27
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Maybe Randolph Morris or Jerome James will even get some playin time.
    in the press conference after the Orlando game eisiah said jerome was not in good enough condition to play. I really doubt Morris will play. Isiahs just that much of a dick. the last guy isiah has in his mind is Morris.

  13. #28

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    Isiahs just that much of a dick. the last people isiah has in his mind are the Knick fans.
    ***fixed***

  14. #29
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Wilson Chandler getting some early minutes, nice to see that. I want Balkman on the court.

    Now we are playing the second unit. I bet this wasn't Isiahs idea.
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Mar 03, 2008 at 19:09.

  15. #30

    Default

    I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Chandler. The only thing Isiah is good at is drafting talented players.

    I am so sick of Jeffries I don't understand why we see him play instead of Balkman.

Similar Threads

  1. New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2008, 07:27
  2. New York Knicks at Orlando Magic Game Thread 12/26
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2008, 22:21
  3. Chicago Bulls vs New York Knicks Game Thread 12/30
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Dec 30, 2007, 23:00
  4. New York Knicks vs Charlotte Bobcats Game Thread 12/21
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2007, 21:58
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2006, 18:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •