• Bernard King

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Willis Reed

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

GetRealistic

Starter
Knicks 104 Hornets 97

No logical reason for this pick, but what the hell. We usually play good against a good team once in a blue moon.

Surprised to see Ewing winning the poll but in a way I guess that makes sense given how most of us weren't alive for Clyde or Willis. I had to vote for Clyde given his two championships and big game heroics. If Ewing won a title it would be more of a debate. I wish those old school nba games were made available I'd love to see for myself how good those knick teams were with Willis, Debuscherre, Bradley, Clyde, Cazzie Russell, Earl the Pearl in '73 etc.

I would say Lebron and Kobe are the most important players to their teams but I would give the MVP to Kobe Bryant because the Lakers are one of the leagues best teams and the guy has been amazing this season. If any of you caught the end of Mavs/Lakers yesterday I don't see how you could think otherwise. As I've said before the Kobe of 2007/2008 is almost a duplicate of Jordan.

As for tonight's game I give the Knicks a shot but only because the Hornets have not been playing well lately. To me the most interesting matchup is old teammates Tyson Chandler vs Eddy Curry. I wonder how snacks (as vecsey calls him) feels going up against a guy who is everything that he is not. At the end of the day I say Hornets 104 Knicks 91 with Peja and Mo Pete hitting a million threes and Chris Paul hitting floaters and driving layups all over the place. Realistically the only highlight we can hope for is whatever comes out of Stephon's mouth when he meets up with reporters.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Surprised to see Ewing winning the poll but in a way I guess that makes sense given how most of us weren't alive for Clyde or Willis. I had to vote for Clyde given his two championships and big game heroics. If Ewing won a title it would be more of a debate. I wish those old school nba games were made available I'd love to see for myself how good those knick teams were with Willis, Debuscherre, Bradley, Clyde, Cazzie Russell, Earl the Pearl in '73 etc.

I would say Lebron and Kobe are the most important players to their teams but I would give the MVP to Kobe Bryant because the Lakers are one of the leagues best teams and the guy has been amazing this season. If any of you caught the end of Mavs/Lakers yesterday I don't see how you could think otherwise. As I've said before the Kobe of 2007/2008 is almost a duplicate of Jordan.

As for tonight's game I give the Knicks a shot but only because the Hornets have not been playing well lately. To me the most interesting matchup is old teammates Tyson Chandler vs Eddy Curry. I wonder how snacks (as vecsey calls him) feels going up against a guy who is everything that he is not. At the end of the day I say Hornets 104 Knicks 91 with Peja and Mo Pete hitting a million threes and Chris Paul hitting floaters and driving layups all over the place. Realistically the only highlight we can hope for is whatever comes out of Stephon's mouth when he meets up with reporters.

Clyde probally is the best Knick ever, but good arguments can be made for the others. To quote Get REalistic, "Walt Clyde is the greatest Knick. All i have to say is game 7 1970 36 points and 19 assists." Plus, as you mentioned he won 2 championships. If you buy the Knicks complete history, it has Game 5 and Game 7 from the 1970 championship.

Im not a big Kobe fan, but I gotta give it to him (no homo). Hes never won the MVP award, year after year he has at least been a top 3 player, this year his team is tied rite now for the best record in the Western conference. He doesnt have his highest ppg, hes not even averaging 30 a game but hes sharing the ball more allowin his teammates to help him.

I woulda had Chandler vs Curry as my key matchup, but i didnt think curry would be playin more then 15-20 minutes. Now that Z-Bos out, maybe he will. Maybe Randolph Morris or Jerome James will even get some playin time.

Clyde probally is the best Knick ever, but good arguments can be made for the others. To quote Get REalistic, "Walt Clyde is the greatest Knick. All i have to say is game 7 1970 36 points and 19 assists." Plus, as you mentioned he won 2 championships. If you buy the Knicks complete history, it has Game 5 and Game 7 from the 1970 championship.

Im not a big Kobe fan, but I gotta give it to him (no homo). Hes never won the MVP award, year after year he has at least been a top 3 player, this year his team is tied rite now for the best record in the Western conference. He doesnt have his highest ppg, hes not even averaging 30 a game but hes sharing the ball more allowin his teammates to help him.

Do they have Game 5 and Game 7 in full or just bits and pieces of it?

I've never been a big Kobe fan either but holy crap he has been good this year.

Why is Malik Rose starting? Is Isiah seriously still trying to make the playoffs?

Maybe Randolph Morris or Jerome James will even get some playin time.
in the press conference after the Orlando game eisiah said jerome was not in good enough condition to play. I really doubt Morris will play. Isiahs just that much of a dick. the last guy isiah has in his mind is Morris.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Wilson Chandler getting some early minutes, nice to see that. I want Balkman on the court.

Now we are playing the second unit. I bet this wasn't Isiahs idea.

Last edited:
I'm liking what I'm seeing out of Chandler. The only thing Isiah is good at is drafting talented players.

I am so sick of Jeffries I don't understand why we see him play instead of Balkman.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Do they have Game 5 and Game 7 in full or just bits and pieces of it?

I've never been a big Kobe fan either but holy crap he has been good this year.

Why is Malik Rose starting? Is Isiah seriously still trying to make the playoffs?

If their not full there very close, i cant remember. I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, havent watched those games in a while. I think Game 5 from the 1970 finals just had key moments, but game 7 probally is intact. Its got all kinds of knicks history and player bios, its a good buy for $40-$45, especially when game by game it gets tougher to watch the Knicks. Whats goin on, their not suppose to be in the game.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
yow MSG help me out plzz man, i cant watch broadband league pass no more cuz they been asking me to verify my account, can u help me on this man??? PLZZZZZ
ANYONE???????????

:jawsdown::thumbsup: :alert::alert::alert::update::update: RANDOLPH MORRIS!!! :update::update::alert::alert::alert: :thumbsup: :jawsdown: