Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want on the Knicks?

Default Who do you want on the Knicks?

Keeping in mind what this team needs and it's current roster, what players that are available to trade for or sign this offseason, without All-Stars and within reason (no dream team scenarios), would you want on the Knicks?

Available players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Knicks uniform:
    Earl Watson
    Mike Miller
    Ron Artest
    Emeka Okafur

Nyk Logo

I wouldn't mind Artest or Okafor. Sign and trades would have to be the case and I don't know if these teams would be interested in this scenario with the knicks.

Artest
    Telfair
    josh smith
    sean williams
    charles oakley
    wally sczerbiak (>>> Crawford)
    kurt thomas

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay

Available players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Knicks uniform:
    Earl Watson
    Mike Miller
    Ron Artest
    Emeka Okafur
    The problem there most of those players, are loosing type players. SO no gain for the Knicks.. Especially Earl Watson, and Mike Miller.

Emeka Okafor, and Artest, are the better of the two.^

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    The problem there most of those players, are loosing type players. SO no gain for the Knicks.. Especially Earl Watson, and Mike Miller.

Emeka Okafor, and Artest, are the better of the two.^
    Loosing type players? Mike Miller was 6th man of the year one year and part of the 50+ win seasons in Memphis too. Earl Watson is a good, young, defensive minded PG. Having Watson, Artest and Okafur on one team would be a great defensive team. Add in a sharp shooter like Mike Miller and you have the makings of a very good team.

Loosing type players? Mike Miller was 6th man of the year one year and part of the 50+ win seasons in Memphis too. Earl Watson is a good, young, defensive minded PG. Having Watson, Artest and Okafur on one team would be a great defensive team. Add in a sharp shooter like Mike Miller and you have the makings of a very good team.
    Mike Miller is actually underrated, and better then Crawford. Earl Watson is not young, but hes either a backup point guard or part of a 2 headed point guard......exp. Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo, Chris Childs and Charlie Ward, Rajon Rondo and Sam Cassell

Mike Miller>>>>Crawford, not close

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

F#ck that, Look at where they are today. In the lottery thats where.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I bolded the guys that might be available.

Dwight Howard
    Ron Artest
    Chris Paul
    Lebron James
    Manu Ginobili
    Marcus Camby
    Raja Bell
    Josh Smith
    Al Horford
    Carlos Arroyo
    S. Telfair
    Marcus Williams
    Sean Williams
    Brandon Roy
    Trevor Ariza
    Antonio Daniels
    Gerald Wallace
    Ben Gordon
    Andres Nicioni

Anthony Parker
    TJ Ford
    Jose Calderon

Samuel Delambert
    Francisco Garcia
    Joakim Noah
    Josh Howard
    Jose Juan Barea
    Shane Battier
    Boris Diaw
    Leandro Barbosa

Prospects
    Brook Lopez
    DJ Augustine
    Dontae Greene
    Derrick Rose
    Weaver from W-State
    Shawn James

Guys currently on the team I want to stay in a Knick uniform...

Renaldo Balkman
    Wilson Chandler
    David Lee
    Randolph Morris
    Nate Robinson

Knicks desperately need a veteran leader to help change the culture of the worst locker room in professional sports. Who that person is I have no idea because he is not on the free agent list.

I'm in favor of a little tinkering right now, not going crazy signing people or trading our young players in sign and trades. I would like to make small affordable additions of good character guys who know basketball fundamentals, build through the draft and hopefully get under the salary cap before the next millenium.

Here are some guys on the free agent list that I think Knicks could have a realistic shot at getting who I would like to see on the team....

Josh Childress (restricted) ...young player who is a poor mans Scottie Pippen, good defender, solid all around and good team guy

Chris Duhon (unrstricted) ...young player who wouldn't cost much and could be the defensive compliment to Nate's scoring and playmaking

Jamaal Magloire (unrestricted) ...not a huge fan of his but would be a cheap, decent defensive compliment to Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph because lets face it one of the fat boys will be back

Kelenna Azubuike (restricted) ...good player, nice size, solid defender and good character guy, unlike Q. Rich or Jamal can consistently make some of the 3s he takes, another guy that shouldn't cost much

Mickael Pietrus (unrestricted) ... great athlete and slasher who could defend real well and shoot the 3 but not that consistent with his jump shot, another great character guy, problem with him is that he has consistently been hurt throughout his career so I would be careful handing him the big bucks

Sasha Vujacic (restriced) ...may not cost much and would be worth it in my opinion because he's only 24 and already one of the game's best shooters, fulfilling one of the Knicks biggest needs, the next Peja

Ron Artest ...no introduction needed here

Jose Calderon (restricted) ...another guy who needs no introduction, although I would be careful overpaying him

Paul Millsap (restricted) ...real good player but another guy i would be careful breaking the bank for

12th man

Sasha is a career 38% FG shooter and 36% 3pt shooter...now he's one of the best shooters in the game?

Veteran

the better question is.. who do u wanta keep... my answer (which ofcourse will never happen) is... get rid of the whole team from 1-15.. and start over...

when a building has a weak foundation, u knock it down/blow it up and start over...

we do not have a foundation... lee..nate..balkman are not building blocks...

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Sasha is a career 38% FG shooter and 36% 3pt shooter...now he's one of the best shooters in the game?

Have you watched the Lakers play this year or have you been too stuck using Chris Paul's nut hairs as floss to notice how Vujacic has played? Vujacic entered the league coming from Europe at the age of 20 and his shooting % has improved each season. Second season by 6 points, third season by 3 points and this season, his 4th by 7 points.

This season to be specific Vujacic is shooting 46% from the field and 41% from 3. At the age of 24, the rate he's improving and considering how he won't cost much financially, I don't think it would be a dumb move by the Knicks or any team that needs outside shooting. He will be a big factor come playoff time.

Here are his split stats for the season and check out how he's improved each month...

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><td align="left">By Month</td><td align="right">G</td><td align="right">MIN</td><td align="right"><nobr>FGM-FGA</nobr></td><td align="right">FG%</td><td align="right"><nobr>3PM-3PA</nobr></td><td align="right">3P%</td><td align="right"><nobr>FTM-FTA</nobr></td><td align="right">FT%</td><td align="right">STL</td><td align="right">BLK</td><td align="right">TO</td><td align="right">PF</td><td align="right">OFF</td><td align="right">DEF</td><td align="right">TOT</td><td align="right">AST</td><td align="right">PTS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> November</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 12</td> <td align="right"> 12.5</td> <td align="right"> 1.8-4.3</td> <td align="right"> 42.308</td> <td align="right"> 0.7-2.1</td> <td align="right"> .320</td> <td align="right"> 2.0-2.2</td> <td align="right"> 92.308</td> <td align="right"> 0.25</td> <td align="right"> 0.08</td> <td align="right"> 0.4</td> <td align="right"> 1.3</td> <td align="right"> 0.2</td> <td align="right"> 1.2</td> <td align="right"> 1.3</td> <td align="right"> 0.7</td> <td align="right"> 6.3</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> December</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 14</td> <td align="right"> 13.4</td> <td align="right"> 2.1-4.9</td> <td align="right"> 44.118</td> <td align="right"> 0.8-1.9</td> <td align="right"> .407</td> <td align="right"> 1.2-1.4</td> <td align="right"> 89.474</td> <td align="right"> 0.29</td> <td align="right"> 0.07</td> <td align="right"> 0.6</td> <td align="right"> 0.9</td> <td align="right"> 0.1</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 1.6</td> <td align="right"> 1.4</td> <td align="right"> 6.3</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> January</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 8</td> <td align="right"> 17.9</td> <td align="right"> 3.1-6.5</td> <td align="right"> 48.077</td> <td align="right"> 1.8-4.0</td> <td align="right"> .438</td> <td align="right"> 0.5-0.6</td> <td align="right"> 80.000</td> <td align="right"> 0.25</td> <td align="right"> 0.13</td> <td align="right"> 0.4</td> <td align="right"> 1.9</td> <td align="right"> 0.1</td> <td align="right"> 2.1</td> <td align="right"> 2.3</td> <td align="right"> 1.0</td> <td align="right"> 8.5</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> February</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 15</td> <td align="right"> 22.0</td> <td align="right"> 4.3-8.5</td> <td align="right"> 50.781</td> <td align="right"> 2.3-4.7</td> <td align="right"> .479</td> <td align="right"> 0.8-1.3</td> <td align="right"> 63.158</td> <td align="right"> 0.67</td> <td align="right"> 0.07</td> <td align="right"> 0.7</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 0.3</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 1.9</td> <td align="right"> 0.7</td> <td align="right"> 11.7</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> March</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 2</td> <td align="right"> 26.0</td> <td align="right"> 2.5-8.5</td> <td align="right"> 29.412</td> <td align="right"> 1.0-6.5</td> <td align="right"> .154</td> <td align="right"> 0.5-0.5</td> <td align="right"> 100.000</td> <td align="right"> 0.50</td> <td align="right"> 0.00</td> <td align="right"> 1.0</td> <td align="right"> 2.0</td> <td align="right"> 0.5</td> <td align="right"> 3.5</td> <td align="right"> 4.0</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 6.5</td></tr></tbody></table>

Originally Posted by paris401
    the better question is.. who do u wanta keep... my answer (which ofcourse will never happen) is... get rid of the whole team from 1-15.. and start over...

when a building has a weak foundation, u knock it down/blow it up and start over...

we do not have a foundation... lee..nate..balkman are not building blocks...

I don't recall anyone ever calling them building blocks. They are all young players who have the potential to be valuable role players if surrounded by the right star players that we could hopefully acquire through the draft. They are also chips that can be packaged together to bring back a star or as you put it a building block in a trade.

12th man

Wow, Vujanic is the best shooter in the NBA because of what he did in 4 months? You've broke the record for most false statements in a span of 2 months

Why you still mad @ Paul? Stop hating on greatness like Paul, Arroyo, Smith and myself...just because you've been unsuccessful and valueless doesn't mean you have to cry about it.

I'm not a fan of Vujacic 2 me he sucks, he has no D 1st of all....

Players to keep:
    Lee
    Nate
    Balkman
    Collins(still believe in him)
    Chandler
    Zach Randolph

Players wouldn't mind getting:
    Gerald Wallace(atheletic, defense)
    Theo Ratliff(shot blocking, Rebounding)
    Ron Artest(DEFENSE!!!)
    Brevin Knight(playmaking)