Who do you want on the Knicks?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Keeping in mind what this team needs and it's current roster, what players that are available to trade for or sign this offseason, without All-Stars and within reason (no dream team scenarios), would you want on the Knicks?

Available players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Knicks uniform:
Earl Watson
Mike Miller
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafur

dre48ny

Rotation player
I wouldn't mind Artest or Okafor. Sign and trades would have to be the case and I don't know if these teams would be interested in this scenario with the knicks.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Available players I wouldn't mind seeing in a Knicks uniform:
Earl Watson
Mike Miller
Ron Artest
Emeka Okafur

The problem there most of those players, are loosing type players. SO no gain for the Knicks.. Especially Earl Watson, and Mike Miller.

Emeka Okafor, and Artest, are the better of the two.^

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The problem there most of those players, are loosing type players. SO no gain for the Knicks.. Especially Earl Watson, and Mike Miller.

Emeka Okafor, and Artest, are the better of the two.^

Loosing type players? Mike Miller was 6th man of the year one year and part of the 50+ win seasons in Memphis too. Earl Watson is a good, young, defensive minded PG. Having Watson, Artest and Okafur on one team would be a great defensive team. Add in a sharp shooter like Mike Miller and you have the makings of a very good team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Loosing type players? Mike Miller was 6th man of the year one year and part of the 50+ win seasons in Memphis too. Earl Watson is a good, young, defensive minded PG. Having Watson, Artest and Okafur on one team would be a great defensive team. Add in a sharp shooter like Mike Miller and you have the makings of a very good team.

Mike Miller is actually underrated, and better then Crawford. Earl Watson is not young, but hes either a backup point guard or part of a 2 headed point guard......exp. Jameer Nelson and Carlos Arroyo, Chris Childs and Charlie Ward, Rajon Rondo and Sam Cassell

Mike Miller>>>>Crawford, not close

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!

F#ck that, Look at where they are today. In the lottery thats where.

metrocard

Legend
I bolded the guys that might be available.

Dwight Howard
Ron Artest
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Manu Ginobili
Marcus Camby
Raja Bell
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Carlos Arroyo
S. Telfair
Marcus Williams
Sean Williams
Brandon Roy
Trevor Ariza
Antonio Daniels
Gerald Wallace
Ben Gordon
Andres Nicioni

Anthony Parker
TJ Ford
Jose Calderon

Samuel Delambert
Francisco Garcia
Joakim Noah
Josh Howard
Jose Juan Barea
Shane Battier
Boris Diaw
Leandro Barbosa

Prospects
Brook Lopez
DJ Augustine
Dontae Greene
Derrick Rose
Weaver from W-State
Shawn James

Guys currently on the team I want to stay in a Knick uniform...

Renaldo Balkman
Wilson Chandler
David Lee
Randolph Morris
Nate Robinson

Knicks desperately need a veteran leader to help change the culture of the worst locker room in professional sports. Who that person is I have no idea because he is not on the free agent list.

I'm in favor of a little tinkering right now, not going crazy signing people or trading our young players in sign and trades. I would like to make small affordable additions of good character guys who know basketball fundamentals, build through the draft and hopefully get under the salary cap before the next millenium.

Here are some guys on the free agent list that I think Knicks could have a realistic shot at getting who I would like to see on the team....

Josh Childress (restricted) ...young player who is a poor mans Scottie Pippen, good defender, solid all around and good team guy

Chris Duhon (unrstricted) ...young player who wouldn't cost much and could be the defensive compliment to Nate's scoring and playmaking

Jamaal Magloire (unrestricted) ...not a huge fan of his but would be a cheap, decent defensive compliment to Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph because lets face it one of the fat boys will be back

Kelenna Azubuike (restricted) ...good player, nice size, solid defender and good character guy, unlike Q. Rich or Jamal can consistently make some of the 3s he takes, another guy that shouldn't cost much

Mickael Pietrus (unrestricted) ... great athlete and slasher who could defend real well and shoot the 3 but not that consistent with his jump shot, another great character guy, problem with him is that he has consistently been hurt throughout his career so I would be careful handing him the big bucks

Sasha Vujacic (restriced) ...may not cost much and would be worth it in my opinion because he's only 24 and already one of the game's best shooters, fulfilling one of the Knicks biggest needs, the next Peja

Ron Artest ...no introduction needed here

Jose Calderon (restricted) ...another guy who needs no introduction, although I would be careful overpaying him

Paul Millsap (restricted) ...real good player but another guy i would be careful breaking the bank for

metrocard

Legend
Sasha is a career 38% FG shooter and 36% 3pt shooter...now he's one of the best shooters in the game?

:teeth:

paris401

Starter
the better question is.. who do u wanta keep... my answer (which ofcourse will never happen) is... get rid of the whole team from 1-15.. and start over...

when a building has a weak foundation, u knock it down/blow it up and start over...

we do not have a foundation... lee..nate..balkman are not building blocks...

Sasha is a career 38% FG shooter and 36% 3pt shooter...now he's one of the best shooters in the game?

:teeth:

Have you watched the Lakers play this year or have you been too stuck using Chris Paul's nut hairs as floss to notice how Vujacic has played? Vujacic entered the league coming from Europe at the age of 20 and his shooting % has improved each season. Second season by 6 points, third season by 3 points and this season, his 4th by 7 points.

This season to be specific Vujacic is shooting 46% from the field and 41% from 3. At the age of 24, the rate he's improving and considering how he won't cost much financially, I don't think it would be a dumb move by the Knicks or any team that needs outside shooting. He will be a big factor come playoff time.

Here are his split stats for the season and check out how he's improved each month...

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><td align="left">By Month</td><td align="right">G</td><td align="right">MIN</td><td align="right"><nobr>FGM-FGA</nobr></td><td align="right">FG%</td><td align="right"><nobr>3PM-3PA</nobr></td><td align="right">3P%</td><td align="right"><nobr>FTM-FTA</nobr></td><td align="right">FT%</td><td align="right">STL</td><td align="right">BLK</td><td align="right">TO</td><td align="right">PF</td><td align="right">OFF</td><td align="right">DEF</td><td align="right">TOT</td><td align="right">AST</td><td align="right">PTS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> November</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 12</td> <td align="right"> 12.5</td> <td align="right"> 1.8-4.3</td> <td align="right"> 42.308</td> <td align="right"> 0.7-2.1</td> <td align="right"> .320</td> <td align="right"> 2.0-2.2</td> <td align="right"> 92.308</td> <td align="right"> 0.25</td> <td align="right"> 0.08</td> <td align="right"> 0.4</td> <td align="right"> 1.3</td> <td align="right"> 0.2</td> <td align="right"> 1.2</td> <td align="right"> 1.3</td> <td align="right"> 0.7</td> <td align="right"> 6.3</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> December</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 14</td> <td align="right"> 13.4</td> <td align="right"> 2.1-4.9</td> <td align="right"> 44.118</td> <td align="right"> 0.8-1.9</td> <td align="right"> .407</td> <td align="right"> 1.2-1.4</td> <td align="right"> 89.474</td> <td align="right"> 0.29</td> <td align="right"> 0.07</td> <td align="right"> 0.6</td> <td align="right"> 0.9</td> <td align="right"> 0.1</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 1.6</td> <td align="right"> 1.4</td> <td align="right"> 6.3</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> January</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 8</td> <td align="right"> 17.9</td> <td align="right"> 3.1-6.5</td> <td align="right"> 48.077</td> <td align="right"> 1.8-4.0</td> <td align="right"> .438</td> <td align="right"> 0.5-0.6</td> <td align="right"> 80.000</td> <td align="right"> 0.25</td> <td align="right"> 0.13</td> <td align="right"> 0.4</td> <td align="right"> 1.9</td> <td align="right"> 0.1</td> <td align="right"> 2.1</td> <td align="right"> 2.3</td> <td align="right"> 1.0</td> <td align="right"> 8.5</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> February</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 15</td> <td align="right"> 22.0</td> <td align="right"> 4.3-8.5</td> <td align="right"> 50.781</td> <td align="right"> 2.3-4.7</td> <td align="right"> .479</td> <td align="right"> 0.8-1.3</td> <td align="right"> 63.158</td> <td align="right"> 0.67</td> <td align="right"> 0.07</td> <td align="right"> 0.7</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 0.3</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 1.9</td> <td align="right"> 0.7</td> <td align="right"> 11.7</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"><td align="left"><nobr> March</nobr></td> <td align="right"> 2</td> <td align="right"> 26.0</td> <td align="right"> 2.5-8.5</td> <td align="right"> 29.412</td> <td align="right"> 1.0-6.5</td> <td align="right"> .154</td> <td align="right"> 0.5-0.5</td> <td align="right"> 100.000</td> <td align="right"> 0.50</td> <td align="right"> 0.00</td> <td align="right"> 1.0</td> <td align="right"> 2.0</td> <td align="right"> 0.5</td> <td align="right"> 3.5</td> <td align="right"> 4.0</td> <td align="right"> 1.5</td> <td align="right"> 6.5</td></tr></tbody></table>

the better question is.. who do u wanta keep... my answer (which ofcourse will never happen) is... get rid of the whole team from 1-15.. and start over...

when a building has a weak foundation, u knock it down/blow it up and start over...

we do not have a foundation... lee..nate..balkman are not building blocks...

I don't recall anyone ever calling them building blocks. They are all young players who have the potential to be valuable role players if surrounded by the right star players that we could hopefully acquire through the draft. They are also chips that can be packaged together to bring back a star or as you put it a building block in a trade.

metrocard

Legend
Wow, Vujanic is the best shooter in the NBA because of what he did in 4 months? You've broke the record for most false statements in a span of 2 months

Why you still mad @ Paul? Stop hating on greatness like Paul, Arroyo, Smith and myself...just because you've been unsuccessful and valueless doesn't mean you have to cry about it.

l_666563451854d3984471aa8497647e70.gif

Moz106

Benchwarmer
I'm not a fan of Vujacic 2 me he sucks, he has no D 1st of all....

Players to keep:
Lee
Nate
Balkman
Collins(still believe in him)
Chandler
Zach Randolph

Players wouldn't mind getting:
Gerald Wallace(atheletic, defense)
Theo Ratliff(shot blocking, Rebounding)
Ron Artest(DEFENSE!!!)
Brevin Knight(playmaking)
Mike Miller(3pt Shooting)
Charlie Villanueva

Kiyaman

Legend
Before anyone can pick who you want on the Knicks, you need to pick who you dont want on the Knicks to make room for who you want on this Knick team.

Some of the best players in the league do not want to be on the same roster with about 4 to 6 of the players the Knicks have on their roster now.

I wouldn't be bringing in Vujacic in to play defense or to even necessarily start. He's a young player who has improved every year in the league and wouldn't necessarily cost that much money but fulfills a need as an outside shooter. I never called him the best shooter in the NBA I called him one of the best. Whatever the case the argument is moot because I don't see the Lakers letting him get away.

Metrotard you have 0 credibility considering how you would actually bring Telfair in here.:whack:

GetRealistic

Starter
Telfair and Arroyo backcourt now we're talking. Two guys who change teams every season because they wear out there welcome. I do like Arroyo because he embarassed "Starbury" on several occasions, but he's fair from the answer.

I'm semi with you Eddy Currys House Special, i'd consider Vujacic because we do need a good shooter and if you've watched the Lakers he's a top quality shooter, but I don't see how we'd get him since we have no cap room plus if we had ability to spend theres plenty others i'd want about him.

Telfair and Arroyo backcourt now we're talking. Two guys who change teams every season because they wear out there welcome. I do like Arroyo because he embarassed "Starbury" on several occasions, but he's fair from the answer.

I'm semi with you Eddy Currys House Special, i'd consider Vujacic because we do need a good shooter and if you've watched the Lakers he's a top quality shooter, but I don't see how we'd get him since we have no cap room plus if we had ability to spend theres plenty others i'd want about him.

No doubt. Vujacic was just the argument of the day that Metrotard started with me. Best thing the Knicks could do is be selective with their free agents and trades while building through the draft.

metrocard

Legend
I wouldn't be bringing in Vujacic in to play defense or to even necessarily start. He's a young player who has improved every year in the league and wouldn't necessarily cost that much money but fulfills a need as an outside shooter. I never called him the best shooter in the NBA I called him one of the best. Whatever the case the argument is moot because I don't see the Lakers letting him get away.

Metrotard you have 0 credibility considering how you would actually bring Telfair in here.:whack:

Vujanic wouldn't make the list of top 30 NBA shooters.

You have no credibility at all.