Detroit Pistons vs New York Knicks Game Thread 3/7

Which Eastern Conference team has the best chance to advance to the NBA Finals?

• Orlando Magic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detroit Pistons

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Boston Celtics

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Toronto Raptors

• Washington Wizards

• New York Knicks

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Detroit Pistons(44-17) vs The New York Knicks(18-43)
Fri. 3/7 at 7:30pm ET on MSG​

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Friday nights game against the Pistons. The Knicks have been playing competitive until the end of games. At this point the season is over, all were hoping for is some entertainment but more importantly a high draft pick. It is questionable as to whether or not the Knicks were embarrassed or didnt care, reguarding Lebrons 50 points at the garden on Wednesday nights. The only positive that can be drawn from that game was Wilson Chandler and Randolph Morris both getting minutes and producing.

The Detroit Pistons dissapointingly lost to the Celtics on Wednesday night. The win for the Celtics allowed them to clinch the playoffs, but thats enough about them. The Pistons have won 6 of their last 10 games including two 30 point victories over the Suns and the Clippers. The Pistons will be looking to get revenge for an 89 to 65 loss to the Knicks back on January 13.

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

STARTING LINEUPS

The Detroit Pistons

pg-Chauncey Billups
sg-Richard Hamilton
sf-Tayshaun Prince
pf-Rasheed Wallace
C-Antonio McDyess

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD NATE ROBINSON
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD ZACH RANDOLPH
AT CENTER EDDY CURRY

*Zach Randolph is listed as day to day

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Richard Hamilton vs Jamal Crawford

FP3881~Detroit-Pistons-Richard-Hamilton-Posters.jpg

crawford7_090707dwpg.jpg

knicks101.jpg

ebc_060821_jamal250.jpg

Jamal Crawford Last 5 Games

38.2mpg
21.8ppg
40fg%
41.4% 3PT
5.8apg
2rpg
1.2spg
1.6topg

Crawfords finally getting more rest, averaging about 3 less minutes per game. Hes shootin good from the perimeter, but his field goal percentage is low. If he eliminated a couple of those bad shots he would not recieve as much hate as he does, but at the same time he gets far more credit then he deserves.

7.6 field goals made per game
19 field goals attempted per game

2.4 3PT made per game
5.8 3PT attempted per game

Another 5 game stretch where Crawford has taken more 3 pointers then freethrows.

29 3PT attempts
23 FT attempts

Im not sure how anyone can call him a leader, when you make about 7 and a half shots out of 19 thats not very good. Crawford has the ability to get to the line almost at will with his great ball-handling skills, but chooses to jack up contested shots.

Richard Hamilton Last 5 Games

35.6mpg
17.8ppg
41.6fg%
22.2% 3PT
3.8apg
3.8rpg
.8spg
1.6topg

It appears as if Crawford is a better player then Richard Hamilton, but its not even close. Rips fg% for the season is 49.2% and his 3PT% is 45.7, far greater then Crawfords percentages. At age 30, Hamilton is still one of the best shooting guards in the league, getting it done on both ends of the court efficiently.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Ball Movement!!!! Detroit=Best team defensivley
  • Get Physical with them!!!! (no homo) When great defense is played on the Pistons, they tend to go 1-on-1 instead of playing as a team
  • Even if Zach is back, play Randolph Morris
  • Look to double Billups as he breaks down the defense: He is too strong to for any guard to defend

RACE FOR THE WORST RECORD

1. Heat(11-47)
  2. Timberwolves(12-48)
  3. Grizzlies(15-46)2.5GB
  4. Sonics(16-45)3.5GB
  5. Knicks(18-43)5.5GB
  6. Clippers(20-39)8.5GB
  7. Bobcats(22-39)9.5GB
  8. Bucks(23-38)10.5GB
  9. Pacers(24-37)11.5GB
  10. Bulls(24-36)12GB
  11. Hawks(24-35)12.5GB
  12. Nets(26-35)13.5GB
  13. Kings(27-34)14.5GB
  14. 76ers(28-33)15.5GB

Their is only a 2 game seperation between the Knicks and the #4 Sonics. There are 14 teams listed above, I have to call myself out for predicting the 76ers would be one of the worst teams in the league. By playing as a team the 76ers are the 7th best team in the East because of their defense and again teamplay. Its always good to see a team overachieve, because of the large number of teams that underachieve (the Knicks).

Throwback Hip Hop Video of the Day!!!

Title: Know the Ledge
Artist: Rakim
Album: Don't Sweat the Technique
Year: 1992

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks suck. I don't care what happens the rest of the season. Whoever voted the Knicks to win the East, I hope you were joking.I voted for Cleveland. I think they have the best chance to beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, cause nobody on the Celtics made the NBA Finals before, and Lebron has the experience it takes to win.I predict the Lakers will win the west. If anyone in the west beats the Lakers, they will have to fight Gasol and Kobe, so that they could get those guys suspended, or the Lakers will have to be injury depleted.I've had enough of the Knicks' bulls#!t. I'm just waiting to see the New York Liberty play. At least they make the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks suck. I don't care what happens the rest of the season. Whoever voted the Knicks to win the East, I hope you were joking.I voted for Cleveland. I think they have the best chance to beat the Celtics in a 7 game series, cause nobody on the Celtics made the NBA Finals before, and Lebron has the experience it takes to win.I predict the Lakers will win the west. If anyone in the west beats the Lakers, they will have to fight Gasol and Kobe, so that they could get those guys suspended, or the Lakers will have to be injury depleted.I've had enough of the Knicks' bulls#!t. I'm just waiting to see the New York Liberty play. At least they make the playoffs.

Great post, I feel exactly the same.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I am thinking about us Knicks fans, we keep on sayin we will make it next year. And I think it won't happen next year either, the Knicks must start over. And IF Isiah trades away the 1st round pick.... I think he will be murdered by groups of 10, knick fans.

The pick is the only way to build the team around. Plus add a veteran player that knows what he is talking about and help develope the rookies position. What happened to the Glove?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks will probally get blown out, heres some other good games that will be on tonight:

Utah vs Pheonix 9:00pm ET
Spurs vs Nuggets 10:30pm ET ESPN

it probally wont be a good game but the Celtics play the bulls at 8:00 on ESPN. Celtics by 15

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
MSG, you are gamer with this Game Threads, even after all this, I tip my hat to you. The knicks will lose this game tonight, it will be closse for a time, and then it will get awy from them as has been the case in so many games. The knicks need a real point guard. I unlike most of you guys, like Jamal Crawford. I think he is more than a decent player. The thing that fucks him up is stupid shots. Now if the knicks had a true point guard who had the ball the majority of the time, 2 things would happen, Crawford would get mor rest, and be playing an average of 33-36 minutes a game and that pg would be giving Crawford the ball with better looks. The time has come and gone for that this season though.. oh well

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
MSG, you are gamer with this Game Threads, even after all this, I tip my hat to you. The knicks will lose this game tonight, it will be closse for a time, and then it will get awy from them as has been the case in so many games. The knicks need a real point guard. I unlike most of you guys, like Jamal Crawford. I think he is more than a decent player. The thing that fucks him up is stupid shots. Now if the knicks had a true point guard who had the ball the majority of the time, 2 things would happen, Crawford would get mor rest, and be playing an average of 33-36 minutes a game and that pg would be giving Crawford the ball with better looks. The time has come and gone for that this season though.. oh well

Everyone thinks I hate Crawford, overall i like him (no homo), his poor shot selection annoys me but on some occasional nights he can be very entertaining to watch (no homo). If he broke down defenses and attacked the rim more, there wouldnt be all the hate. I accept the fact that he plays no defense, thats not changing. I dont think Crawford should be a starter especially on a team like the Knicks who dont play any defense. I cant deny the fact that hes got some of the best ball handling skills in the league, but hes soft. Its too bad to see players like him and Curry wasting there talent because of their softness but it is what it is. I like most the players on the team even though I would have no problem seein them traded, but obviously starbury is my favorite. I have on Starbury shoes, a starbury hoody, and yes, even a pair of starbury jeans. I think I better say no homo.

Pricey

Rotation player
i feel the same way about Crawford as well mate.
i got cash on Utah to beat the Suns, Spurs to beat Denver, Atlanta over Charlotte and Golden State over Miami. I get these results and my weekend is paid for!

Also i hope we get the same effort and result like last game against Detroit, now that was a shock result

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Marbury has Jeans? I didn't know that. How much are they?lol About Crawford, I think he's a good player,and I like Crawford(no homo) but the bottom line is his defense and shot selection sucks. He averages 20 points and 5 assists, but he definitely doesn't play like how most people who average 20+ ppg play.He gets his points from being overused. I think he's good enough to start on the Knicks, or as a sixth man. But if you start him, then you gotta minimize his playing to at least 35mpg(I think 30mpg would be even better)and you gotta play him next to a point guard that plays defense, cause we all know Crawford isn't gonna play any defense.Also, he needs to drive to the basket more. Someone who shoots 86% from the free throw line and that plays 41 mpg should be averaging more than 4 ft attempts per game. He should be averaging at least 7 attempts, if he's getting all those minutes.

metrocard

Legend
Wilson Chandler has made like 10 great defensive players and the 1st quater isn't over.

Its things like this that piss me off. Chandler has Ariza like defense and doesn't get the minutes he deserves. New York always hold back their rookies from getting the experience they need. Chandler has SHUT DOWN Rip Hamilton and made Rip into Bitch Hamilton. Hamilton is one of the fastest 6"7 players you can in the world...Chandler has been all over him.

Chandler is officially part of the crew of Balkman, Lee, and Robinson...now its up to Collins to step it up and Morris stop looking sluggish and do some big things on the court. These dudes are the future once Isiah is executed, the only bad thing about is them is they're tainted with Isiah's marks.

The ideal squad for the future would be

Ricky Rubio or DJ Augustine or Derrick Rose(Superstar PG's)
Wilson Chandler (capable of 15 and 8, and great defense)
Ron fucking Artest(enough said)
David Lee (does everything)
Robin Lopez (the best 7 foot shooting big man in the nation, plays great defense, Tim Duncan clone)

Bench
Renaldo Balkman (capable of double double 2 steals + 2 blocks + great defense + great full court fast break passing)
Nate Robinson (scoring midget machine)
Mardy Collins (old school pg wit skills and defense)
Shawn James (most underrated college basketball player)

Most official squad ever...how do I still have hope in this franchise after everything that has happened? The love and passion for the orange and blue is too strong.

nyKnicks126

cosign ^ metro. I agree 100%. But Chandler is making a couple stupid rookie moves like fouling Prince, when he is in midair... but he will learn with experience.

metrocard

Legend
cosign ^ metro. I agree 100%. But Chandler is making a couple stupid rookie moves like fouling Prince, when he is in midair... but he will learn with experience.

Indeed, experience is valuable. Isiah has wasted a lot of time and has failed completely. Chandler should of had 3 months of NBA experience already. Its not like Jefferies is any better than him.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Wilson Chandler has made like 10 great defensive players and the 1st quater isn't over.

Its things like this that piss me off. Chandler has Ariza like defense and doesn't get the minutes he deserves. New York always hold back their rookies from getting the experience they need. Chandler has SHUT DOWN Rip Hamilton and made Rip into Bitch Hamilton. Hamilton is one of the fastest 6"7 players you can in the world...Chandler has been all over him.

Chandler is officially part of the crew of Balkman, Lee, and Robinson...now its up to Collins to step it up and Morris stop looking sluggish and do some big things on the court. These dudes are the future once Isiah is executed, the only bad thing about is them is they're tainted with Isiah's marks.

The ideal squad for the future would be

Ricky Rubio or DJ Augustine or Derrick Rose(Superstar PG's)
Wilson Chandler (capable of 15 and 8, and great defense)
Ron fucking Artest(enough said)
David Lee (does everything)
Robin Lopez (the best 7 foot shooting big man in the nation, plays great defense, Tim Duncan clone)

Bench
Renaldo Balkman (capable of double double 2 steals + 2 blocks + great defense + great full court fast break passing)
Nate Robinson (scoring midget machine)
Mardy Collins (old school pg wit skills and defense)
Shawn James (most underrated college basketball player)

Most official squad ever...how do I still have hope in this franchise after everything that has happened? The love and passion for the orange and blue is too strong.

lol @ bitch hamilton, i just hope hes not a bitch against the Celtics in the playoffs. Ray Allen isnt known for his defense, im likin what I see from Chandler. Hes definitly a keeper, but Isiah has tendencies of trading away young players like him (see Trevor Ariza) for players such as Steve Francis and Zach Randolph.

Jeffries just had a shot almost as ugly as Chris Kaman (no homo). He gave Amir Johnson his 3rd block.

nyKnicks126

Exactly great minds towards the knicks think alike, man! Chandler is a all over type player, he does everything, steal,block, being a defensive player(not on a stat sheet but effective), and he can SHOOT THE ball, and is a team player..

Why do we usually have good games against the Pistons..?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hate to say it but Balkman (who has recently been benched) didnt look 2 sharp when he played. It probally has to do with a lack of consistent playing time, thanks to Die-siah. Some players have the ability to come in anytime and be productive, others need consistent minutes to develop a rhythm. What was Crawford trying to do there, another stupid shot. This is why its hard for (knowledgeable) fans to like him no homo.