About Getting Rasheed(Everyone Read)

keyindabox

Benchwarmer
On PTI yesterday they said that the Knicks and Blazers are talking and a trade might go down its not final but they're only talking for the moment. The guys said that they were talking about........

Keith Van Horn for Rasheed Wallace

keyindabox

Benchwarmer
Rahseed rejected contract extension.

An NBA source says that the Knicks would be willing to trade any of their players other than Stephon Marbury, Allan Houston or Keith Van Horn for Wallace. However, the Knicks believe they may be able to acquire Wallace this summer with the midlevel salary-cap exception and, thus, wouldn't have to trade any of their players to Portland -- most notably forward Kurt Thomas.

Not sure if PTI guys are telling the truth or if the NBA Source is wrong. I'm confused.

Maybe once statement is more recent than the other.

jayp

Benchwarmer
sounds like a good trade if its just one-for-one.. rasheed is tougher than van horn but if rasheed cant control himself id rather have KVH:)

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
heard it :aplause:
what sounds even better is that rasheed, has definitely eyed the knicks and doesn't want to play elsewhere
if we can do the trade without trading marbs, h20 or kvh it would be Excelent. might even have a chance to the EC finals :)

Mondo

Benchwarmer
See this is tough, Rasheed is a good player, but does he ever go into the zone like KVH and Thomas do? IT's hard because some nights KVH goes crazy and Thomas does nothing, and then like tonight against the Clippers Thomas goes crazy and KVH does nothing..

jayp

Benchwarmer
kvh had foul trouble and a little hurt so he didnt play that much.. if ever we do get rasheed, i hop that he plays well and keeps his cool :)

NYK Man8

Benchwarmer
"We're in negotiations with Kurt right now, trying to work numbers out and everything else," Isiah Thomas said.

Kurt Thomas can opt out of his contract at the end of this season, but the Knicks' new president is not about to let that happen.

"The first day I got here, I realized how important Kurt was to the team," Isiah Thomas said. "All the talk that I heard before I got here was every trade proposal involved Kurt. You have not heard one trade proposal come out of here since I've been here involving Kurt. We recognize Kurt's importance, and we want to reward him. He's a valuable player to us."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...eb09,0,4062204.story?coll=ny-knicks-headlines

looks like isiah is planning to keep kt and probably resign him.

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
there's an update on rasheed on a detroit newspaper

The Pistons would hold Wallace’s Larry Bird rights, which would allow them to go over the cap to sign Wallace this summer. But, Wallace and his agent Bill Strickland have made it clear he plans to play in New York next season.

So, as of late Tuesday, the Pistons were apparently out of the Wallace sweepstakes.

http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0402/18/e05-68143.htm

e_D

Benchwarmer
perfect. 2004-2005 we will have everything we need. i hope 'sheed is a man of his word. To have an allstar calibur player with a midlevel exception check.. excellent!!