New York Knicks @ Miami Heat Game Thread 3/12

Which of the 5 worst teams is really the worst?

• The Miami Heat

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • The Seattle Sonics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The New York Knicks

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • The Minnesota Timberwolves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Memphis Grizzlies

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks(18-46) vs the Miami Heat(11-51)
Wed. @ 7:30pm ET Live on MSG​

Welcome to the Official MSG33 pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and we have 2 of the worst teams squaring off Wednesday night in Miami. The Knicks have the longest active losing streak at 7 games. On Monday night they were destroyed by the Dallas Mavericks. Only Zach Randolph played well, at least statistically. It has been a dissapointing March for the Knicks, actually a dissapointing year, but soon the season will be over, the playoffs will be here and then the draft.

Miami is somehow worse then the Knicks, Dwayne Wade is out for the rest of the season. The Heat have lost 5 games in a row, tying Seattle for the 3rd longest losing streak in the NBA. The Nets are 2nd with a 6 game losing streak.

STARTING LINEUPS

MIAMI HEAT

PG-Jason Williams
SG-Ricky Davis
SF-Shawn Marion
PF-Udonis Haslem
C-Mark Blount

NEW YORK KNICKS

PG-Jamal Crawford
SG-Fred Jones
SF-Quentin Richardson
PF-Zach Randolph
C-Malik Rose?

Key Matchup: Heat Cheerleaders vs Knicks Cheerleaders

petra2.jpg

nydhp_72307.jpg

dancer.jpg

MOBILE-IMAGING-KnicksDancers.jpg

061026_alumni.jpg

075917795.jpg

signing_posters12-06_web.jpg

I gotta give it to the Heats cheerleaders (no need to say no homo).

Thanks for tuning into the official knicks pregame show, catch the Knicks thursday night on MSG.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good thread good poll, I voted for the Miami Heat on being truely the worst NYK was my second one. Wade is overrated, but contributes, and it proved that the fall of Shaq (his age), and the bench(Kapono, Posey,etc) was a huge reason why they suck this year.

I wonder how many people will be in attendence at the game tonight, I am think not many, since I watch a some Heat games, and the stadium is half empty. at least the better sections are 1/4th filled.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
msgknickz what happen to the throw back rap videos!!!
i think im guna hav to say heat cheerleaders r the best, them blondes do it 4 me!

Pricey

Rotation player
yeah i reckon we will. Cook cant hit back to back 20pt games and i think Zach is going to outplay Marion..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nah seriously i think we will win, i expect Jamal to have a high scoring game but still play no defence

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
For the poll, I voted that the Knicks are the worst team in the NBA. The Miami Heat are not buried under the salary cap, like the Knicks, so at least they could rebuild with some free agent signings and draft picks. The Knicks can't sign free agents for more than the minimum, and they only have an 8.8% chance at getting the #1 pick, so far.The Daily News placed the Knicks as the favorites to win this game, by 1 1/2 points, so I'll go with the statistics and say the Knicks will win.

Prediction: Knicks 86 Heat 85

Jamal Crawford or Zach Randolph will get a buzzer beater to barely beat the 11-51 Miami Heat.

Come on Knicks. Lets go out and lose this game tonight. Ne need to stay close in this tight race for the number 1 pick. Lets continue to build off this 7 game losing streak and extend our losing streak.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I thought this game was tomorrow nite, whoops. Good thing i made the game thread earlier today, those heat cheerleaders look good.

Close game, so far ABCD's prediction is lookin good.

MSG33prediction: Heat 94 Knicks 87

nyKnicks126

I think it might come down to the wire, but the Knicks should win this game. by the way the Knicks are 50-32 all time in the history vs the Miami Heat.

woooooow Im cracking up at how we almost list to the heat! that was pretty funny to watch at the end wit crawford runnin outa bounds and missin FTs and chandler fouling Davis. oh man why did they win?? eh I guess one win can't hurt.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That was probably the most pathetic win I've ever seen. We should have lost that game. Nice play by Crawford to step out of bounds and give the Heat a chance to tie it up. It would have been better if the Knicks had lost. It would have given us a better chance at the #1 pick in the draft and should have seadled Isiah's fate.

I voted for the Knicks as the worst team and that win actually proves it. The Heat are tanking the season and the Knicks just barely beat them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks tried to lose that game. They played bad defense, and they had poor shot selection. But the Heat just wanted to lose more.Shawn Marion missed two free throws that could've brought the Heat within 2.Then, Mark Blount took a 3 pointer, with just 30 seconds left, and they threw a bad inbounds pass.I'm still glad the Knicks got the win. The Heat had just 11 wins, coming into this game. Even if the Knicks lost this one, I doubt the Heat would've won 6 more, by mid April.This was a game the Knicks can win without hurting their shot at the #1 pick. At this point, the worst the Knicks can finish is 28th. I doubt Minnesota or Miami will catch up to the Knicks.

woooooow Im cracking up at how we almost list to the heat! that was pretty funny to watch at the end wit crawford runnin outa bounds and missin FTs and chandler fouling Davis. oh man why did they win?? eh I guess one win can't hurt.

If this pathetic excuse for a NBA game isn't proof that NBA teams tank for the Draft Lottery I don't know what would. Do you really think all NBA players are that bad of decision makers(Blount 3 pt attempt way before the Heat needed it?, Marion's missing late game free throws?, Chandler's late foul?, Jamal's step out of bounds?) Isiah can't coach to win, and now we know he can't even coach to lose!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Knicks tried to lose that game. They played bad defense, and they had poor shot selection. But the Heat just wanted to lose more.Shawn Marion missed two free throws that could've brought the Heat within 2.Then, Mark Blount took a 3 pointer, with just 30 seconds left, and they threw a bad inbounds pass.I'm still glad the Knicks got the win. The Heat had just 11 wins, coming into this game. Even if the Knicks lost this one, I doubt the Heat would've won 6 more, by mid April.This was a game the Knicks can win without hurting their shot at the #1 pick. At this point, the worst the Knicks can finish is 28th. I doubt Minnesota or Miami will catch up to the Knicks.

Yeah man, I kind of got that feeling too. It seemed like both teams were trying to lose the game. That kind of scares me. It makes me wonder if Isiah knows he's coming back next year and he's just trying to tank the season for a better draft pick. If Isiah feared losing his job, he would try to win as many games possible down the stretch.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How can you tell if the Knicks are trying to lose, they never play any defense and we have seen Crawford dribble the ball out of bounds in the final minutes of a game before.

nyKnicks126

That game was dull, nothing really happened, plus also half the fans left after the 4th quarter begun. lol. That shows there pride. I always stay until the last second of the fourth quarter, until the buzzer rings. blowout or not.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That game was dull, nothing really happened, plus also half the fans left after the 4th quarter begun. lol. That shows there pride. I always stay until the last second of the fourth quarter, until the buzzer rings. blowout or not.
At those prices, I'd want to stay from start to buzzer myself. lol I've only been to 1 Knicks game, and those prices were off the charts. I doubt the Heat games are that much cheaper than a Knicks game.