• The Clippers GM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scott Layden

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Atlanta Hawks(26-38) vs The New York Knicks(19-46)
Sun. 6:00pm ET Live on MSG​

Welcome to the Official MSG33 pregame show, Im your host Jazzy Jeff and its time to break down Sunday nights game. The Knicks finally ended their 7 game losing streak with a win over the Heat on Wednesday. Some have said that it appeared as if both teams were trying lose the game, which seems accurate. Statistically, Zach Randolph had the best game scoring 19 points, snatching 12 rebounds, dishing out 3 assists, and suprisingly blocking 2 shots. If only he knew how to be a team player......

The Atlanta Hawks are a 1/2 game out of the playoffs, tied with Chicago for the 9th best record in the East. The Eastern Conference is a joke but it would be nice to see a team like Atlanta make it to the playoffs for 2 reasons: they have not made it in a long time, and I said they would be a playoff team at the beginning of the season. Hopefully the Knicks can help them out.

STARTING LINEUPS

ATLANTA HAWKS
PG-MIKE BIBBY
SG-JOE JOHNSON
SF-JOSH SMITH
PF-MARVIN WILLIAMS
C-AL HORFORD

NEW YORK KNICKS
PG-NATE ROBINSON
SG-JAMAL CRAWFORD
SF-WILSON CHANDLER
PF-DAVID LEE
C-ZACH RANDOLPH

Time to focus on the draft, everyone is welcome to play the 2008 fantasy Draft Game. Make sure you check out that thread, theres still alot of teams left.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4556

The official MSG33 Prediction: Hawks 112, Knicks 106

HawksDanceTeamLogo-400.jpg

787946567_0b0e006362.jpg

a-town-1.png

ackbar.jpg

Apparently that last picture is Mike Bibby, im not sure if the 2nd pic is even a member of the Hawks Dance team. Not too many pics to chose from, sorry.

That does it for my game thread. Maybe not the best one, but the Knicks are lucky to be getting a game thread at this point. Tune in Sunday night to catch the Knicks on MSG.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope the Knicks lose this game. The Knicks don't need this game, but the Hawks need it, in order to regain the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. I don't like the Nets, so I really hope the Hawks take their current playoff spot, so that the Nets don't make it.Plus, I have always been a fan of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams, which is another reason why I hope they make it.I wish the Knicks would make the playoffs, instead, and mathematically, they're still in it, but we all know the Knicks suck, so they're better off getting a high lottery pick.Better to get a lottery pick than to see an 0-4 sweep and a guaranteed spot for Isiah as BOTH GM and coach.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
I hope the Knicks lose this game. The Knicks don't need this game, but the Hawks need it, in order to regain the 8th spot in the Eastern Conference. I don't like the Nets, so I really hope the Hawks take their current playoff spot, so that the Nets don't make it.Plus, I have always been a fan of Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, and Marvin Williams, which is another reason why I hope they make it.I wish the Knicks would make the playoffs, instead, and mathematically, they're still in it, but we all know the Knicks suck, so they're better off getting a high lottery pick.Better to get a lottery pick than to see an 0-4 sweep and a guaranteed spot for Isiah as BOTH GM and coach.
fuck that i want them to win

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
fuck that i want them to win
I can see why you want the Knicks to win. I have just given just given up on the Knicks, though, which is why I don't care if they win or lose. At this point, I'm just hoping Isiah gets fired, after this season.The Knicks have played terrible all season. Playing well for the last 17 games of the season can not make up for the 65 games of pure pain and agony they have given themselves, the fans, and the NBA, as a whole.This game is meaningless for the Knicks. The only way the Knicks could make the playoffs is if they win 15-17 games, out of 17 games that are left this season(not gonna happen).Might as well let the Hawks win. Better than having the Nets make it; the same team that wants to steal all Knicks fans, by putting out the Brooklyn Nets.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks are 4 wins shy of tying their record from the season when Larry Brown coached, which shows everyone that this team has not progressed at all, thanks to _______________

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks are also just 4.5 losses away from mathematically being eliminated from playoff contention. I can't wait for this year's draft.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Now I want to say this at random, the success of the Philly 76ers, they have been playing really well, and there latest victory was over the San Antonio Spurs. Could this turn around be a result of the Kyle Korver trade? I think it is. Korver was a huge part of there offense getting 10 a game, but only scoring 0.396fg 0.352 three point percentages not to effective fg %.... If the Knicks elimate Jamal Crawford, and other ball hogs like Black Hole, this alone can turnaround the Knicks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The main reason I think the 76ers are such a success is Andre Miller. He's providing leadership. I don't think Kyle Korver was hurting them. They just needed players that could defend, and Iguodala makes a better defender than Korver, at the small forward position. With the Knicks, I think Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson are hurting the team the most. If Richardson could shoot, and if Curry had any defense, the Knicks would not be 19-46. Crawford and Randolph are definitely ball hogs, but they're capable of being effective, if you give them less minutes. Curry and Richardson are just lost cases. If the Knicks get rid of Curry and Richardson, I think the Knicks could get at least 30 wins, next year. Maybe even a playoff spot. But I'm not gonna push it that far, so I'll leave it at 30 wins. lol Crawford and Randolph could make good second and 3rd options, but not to lead a team. I think Nate Robinson or Stephon Marbury has to provide the leadership for this team. And they need to yell at players that aren't playing the way they should defensively.

GetRealistic

Starter
Now I want to say this at random, the success of the Philly 76ers, they have been playing really well, and there latest victory was over the San Antonio Spurs. Could this turn around be a result of the Kyle Korver trade? I think it is. Korver was a huge part of there offense getting 10 a game, but only scoring 0.396fg 0.352 three point percentages not to effective fg %.... If the Knicks elimate Jamal Crawford, and other ball hogs like Black Hole, this alone can turnaround the Knicks.

I agree with you that getting rid of Korver helped, but the two biggest differences between us and them are; 1 They play defense. 2 Thadeus Young and Lou Williams are multi dimensional young players and Lee and Balkman have aren't.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Philly deserves alot of credit, at the beginning of the season many people including myself were sayin they were the only team that didnt have a shot at makin the playoffs in the east. They dont have the most talent but they play together as a team, and they play defense. Its always good to see a team overachieve the way they have, its more common for teams to underachieve then overachieve. The biggest group of underachievers in the NBA is the Knicks. they have playoff talent but they dont have a team, just a group of players.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
yeah I agree with abcd,Paris, Getrealistic, and MSG33. All of you had good points. Young is a great player only 20 years old, and is averaging great numbers for a rookie, but I do really think that the Kyle Korver trade worked out in the sixers advantage, I think they got a pick out of it too.

Speaking of "Young" people(sixer fans) were bashing the sixers organization for picking him in the early rounds, I thought it was a great idea, I had a sixer friend at a draft party, and he is pissed off.....

AI The II, is such a great player to have on your team, you know he can defend, block shots at times, and be a force on the offense. You can rely on this young player for everything, he is the core of the sixers. Now the only thing they need is another young pick in the draft, and they are set. I suggest they get a good PF, or back up center.

This just shows how having big contracts on your team doesn't work must of the time.. Remember Webber on the sixers.... That really didn't work at all. If a team beats the San Antonio Spurs, you know they are no joke at all.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Igoudala is the perfect shooting guard, contributes on both ends of the court and hes a team player. Hes one of the best defenders at the 2-guard, he would make a big difference on the Knicks if you replaced crawford with him.

Lakers vs Rockets right now on ABC
Lakers 29 Rockets 30

Pricey

Rotation player
Nate had a decent game which is also good.
Jamal 4pts 3 rebs and 0 assits with 1/9 FG% in over 30mins, enough said.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
co-sign

good to know they lost, i was wonderin who won. im happy to see we helped out the hawks, i wanna see them in the playoffs.
Me, too. I hope the Knicks beat the Nets, so that they can help the Hawks even more. I don't like the Nets, so I'm hoping they don't get in. For a team that sucks, the Nets are so arrogant; they need a reality check. Not making the playoffs is exactly what they need.