Losing Isiah: The end is near!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03182008/sports/knicks/jims_finally_coming_to_his_senses_102399.htm

So it may be over for Isiah come seasons end. The article suggest that Dolan wants Donnie Walsh (just look at my sig. to tell who I would like to see as our GM) and Walsh would be open to the job. My question is did Isiah screw us to the point that a new GM won't even be able to salvage the team? I mean we have atleast 4 contracts that cant be moved and have multiple years on them. In any event the change alone brings hope back to NYC, but it may be 4 or 5 seasons before we are relevant again. But here's to a new begining. Isiah gets the boot who's down for orginizing a party? I live in DC but still have fam in NY and would for sure come threw. I wouldnt take this story so seriously but not only is it Peter V reporting (remember he broke the Larry Brown getting fired thing) but he co sighns the Daily News report which is a rival paper who he would almost certainly want to rebuke their story. The writting is on the wall,Isiah is done, Donnie (or Jerry hopefully) fires him as head coach if not instantly, a few games into next season. I vote for giving Herb a legit shot at the job with his own coaches. Aguire can bounce, Jermaine Oneil's HighSchool coach can too! Rid ourselves of Isiah completley

Starks

Starter
I think this is it fellas. Theres chatter and reports coming out left and right this morning, capped off by on the record quotes from David Stern himself saying "This is going to be a transformative offseason"

Into the unknown we go.

Thomas reign of terror
12/2004 - 5/2008

Starks

Starter
I'm not sure how i feel about Walsh. Compared to Thomas and Layden, its an upgrade ofcourse.

My only fear is that he may be a little out of touch with the league and players. Still he brings in a good oldfashioned dignified approach to his job, and we havent had any proffesionalism around here in years.

Dolan would be doing something right for a change by brining him in

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That's great news that Isiah is going to be fired. I was getting nervous that Dolan was still buying into Isiah's bullsh*t. Donnie Walsh is a defintie improvement over Isiah, well anything is an improvement, but I hope he doesn't become our GM. What has Donnie Walsh done? He built a decent Pacers team in the 90's, but that's it. No championships. I would much rather have Jerry West or Jerry Colangelo. Plus, I think someone else mentioned this in a previous post, there will be no way Artest will be a Knick if Donnie Walsh is the GM.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wait a minute...isn't Donnie Walsh the one who hired Isiah as coach of the Pacers? This is not good. I could definitely see Dolan buying into Isiah's bullsh*t and just hiring Donnie Walsh as the GM. Apparantly Isiah and Donnie are good friends. I hope I'm wrong, but I could see Isiah convincing Dolan to hire Donnie Walsh as GM and keeping him as coach. Isiah must be purged from the Knick organization completely.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im with you knicksfan112, i wont believe it til i see it. Dolan is the only person alive who is dumber then Isiah, as much as i hate to say nothin would suprise me, even Isiah bein back next year. Dont get it twisted, i wanna see isiah die but with Dolan anything is possible. Also, Im not a big donnie walsh fan, same goes for kiki. I wanna see Colangelo brought in.

GetRealistic

Starter
Wait a minute...isn't Donnie Walsh the one who hired Isiah as coach of the Pacers? This is not good. I could definitely see Dolan buying into Isiah's bullsh*t and just hiring Donnie Walsh as the GM. Apparantly Isiah and Donnie are good friends. I hope I'm wrong, but I could see Isiah convincing Dolan to hire Donnie Walsh as GM and keeping him as coach. Isiah must be purged from the Knick organization completely.

Unforutnately i think your right LJ

Starks

Starter
For the love of God, I just don't want to see Billy King. -His name was brought up in the Daily News yesterday

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
havnt posted in a while due to lack of things to say!
anyway, i will not belive it till i see isiah walk out of the door of MSG and never come back. Jerry West would be a nice replacement, not donnie walsh!!! hes the white version of Thomas!
As for who would be my choice, Jeff Van Gundy! if NBA is really wer miracles happen then please let this be one!!

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I have been hearing and seeing these kinds of reports, and articles for a year now. I just want Isiah out when the season is over. But Donnie isn't the answer... Isn't he the one that traded Jackson, and Harrington away for Dundlevy, and Murphy.. .

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Who would you rather have Walsh or Thomas?
Be happy Walsh is even interested in trying to repair this miserable franchise.

I can see Walsh, Kiki and Marc Jackson as the new faces of the Knicks. I really hope that happens. But if we keep Isiah, which at this point is a bad idea, at least we'll have competent people in the office making roster decisions.

Side note: Eddie Curry completed surgery on his right knee today. Hopefully he can stay away from Popeye's for the next four to six weeks and start rehabbing hard so we can trade him and Crawford. Ship the odd couple out together.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I have been hearing and seeing these kinds of reports, and articles for a year now. I just want Isiah out when the season is over. But Donnie isn't the answer... Isn't he the one that traded Jackson, and Harrington away for Dundlevy, and Murphy.. .

Larry Bird actually pulled the trigger on that trade. But I do agree that Donnie is not the answer. Donnie Walsh over Colangelo is like taking Arenas when you could have had Kobe. Now granted Isiah is like Harold Miner, so either of these would be an upgrade, but why go after Donnie if Jerry wants to be the Knicks GM?

Shit at this point ill take anyone over isiah. Not only has he done shitty in the front office but he's also embarrasing us in the media and in the public with all his little side incidents. Just get him the fuck out then we can critically analyze candidates.

Sadly I don't think Donnie Walsh is the answer either. I mean what has he ever won? He is almost 70 years old and the Knicks are years away from competing again, is he really in it for the long haul? It's far more likely at this point of his career that he would be taking the job for the long list of 0s on his paycheck. Indiana made him take a back seat to Bird because they thought Donnie was too old 5 years ago and here we are hiring him now? Unbelievable! You just can't make shit like this up!!! All this talk about upgrade, please. even Kevin 'I can't believe I'm still employed' McHale would be an upgrade over Isiah. Best thing I could say for the 67 year old Donnie Walsh is that he is a New York guy but then again so was Larry Brown.

The Knicks need a young guy, preferably a fresh faced hotshot assistant from one of the league's upper echelon teams and not some retread who is past his prime ie Walsh, Colangelo, West. Unfortunately since that childish fool James 'thanks for my allowance dad" Dolan is our owner, this will never happen because he is obsessed with hiring big names. I would go after a Colangelo but not Jerry but rather his son Bryan but even he I doubt has enough of a name for Dolan. Another guy who I would be excited to see at the helm and has supposedly campaigned behind the scenes for the job would be Greg Anthony.

The only thing this further proves to me, as I have been saying all along, is that the biggest problem with the Knicks is not Isiah, Marbury, Crawford, Curry etc but instead James Dolan. We will stink until he sells the team or David Stern puts him in a strait jacket, only letting him come to the Garden to watch Liberty games. After being subjected to that kind of torture I bet Doley boy will finally sell the team.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Keep it in one thread.

Can we try to keep all of this shit in a single thread? I've viewed four Donnie Walsh threads and 200 Fire Thomas, when is Thomas going to be fired, Who will replace Thomas threads. Subjects are interesting but all over the place.

Walsh may be out of reach if Dolan doesn't make a serious offer. The Bucks are reportedly interested in Walsh also. Any one ear anything new on Colangelo's status with the Suns or interest in the Knicks? I don't think West is interested in tarnishing is legacy.

Starks

Starter
I?m officially announcing my candidacy for the GM job. Vote Starks! I?ll bring this team back to glory

(I?m serious. My resume and personal statement was mailed to Penn Plaza this morning)

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I?m officially announcing my candidacy for the GM job. Vote Starks! I?ll bring this team back to glory

(I?m serious. My resume and personal statement was mailed to Penn Plaza this morning)

stay by your phone...lets hope that call comes

The protest outside the garden was a good idea but what if MSG received thousands of resumes for the job of GM and coach by knick fans all over ... wouldn't that be hilarious while also making a pretty loud statement.