Rookie Wilson Chandler

Kiyaman

Legend
Is it me or is Rookie Wilson Chandler being coached backwards.
This Rookie just recently started receiving consistent playingtime.

The Knicks just had back to Back games vs the Hawks then the Pacers (Both were Knick Losses).
In the Hawks game Chandler received 33 minutes of Playingtime scoring only 4-pts and grabing 7 rebounds. However in the Pacer game he had 15-pts. and grabed 8 rebounds in 32 minutes of playingtime.

In the Hawks game checkout the teammates Chandler received playingtime with each Quarter:

First Qtr. Nate, Craw, Zach, Lee
Second Qtr. Nate, Craw, Jones, Zach
Third Qtr. Nate, Jones, Lee, Morris
Fourth Qtr. Nate, Jeff, Lee, Zach

Rookie Wilson Chandler played the majority of his playingtime in the Hawks game with just 7 other Knick players, although different lineup each quarter but PG-Nate was with him in each quarter, and Lee in 3 of the quarters. Not bad if the plan is having him co-exist with these two players (which I doubt).

Rookie Wilson Chandler stats for the Pacers game (at the end of a Back to Back) are:
15 pts, 8 rbd, 2 stl, 1 blk, 1 TO, 2 fl, in 32 minutes of playingtime.
Now checkout all the different lineups Chandler had playingtime with as a Rookie in just one game:

First Qtr. Nate, Craw, Lee, Zach
Second Qtr. Craw, Balk, Jeff, Lee
Third Qtr. Collins, Craw, Jeff, Zach
Fourth Qtr. Collins, Jones, Balk, Jeff & Morris

Now this Pacer Game with the Knicks Rookie getting 32 minutes of playingtime seem to be something a Head Coach would do in the first or second game in the Preseason after Training camp for a Star Rookie to see how well he co-exist with nine (9) other players on the roster.
Which means in a Back to Back game with a Rookie whom is just now getting the fundamentals of playing vs NBA competition the Hawks game is the game the Rookie should've played with 9 other teammates being put in a different lineup each quarter.

The Pacer Game was supposed to be the game inwhich the Rookie plays with just 7 players out of the 9 players he played with the night before.
I guess the Coach think that Rookie Wilson Chandler is a Super Star like SF-Pierce and co-exist well with 9 of his teammates at the end of a back to back.

The different lineup changes in every quarter above does not help any of the young players (first to third season players), especially when this is the first time these young-players been in these different lineups together vs NBA competition.
The Head Coach Isiah Thomas did not help matters any by sitting quiet on the bench not saying anything to these different young lineups each quarter, especially in the 4th Qtr..

Kiyaman

Legend
It is evidence that if Isiah Tank the season and get the organization alot of Lottery Ping-Pong Balls he will be bought out and paid his full extension. However......

No hard feelings to Herb Williams, Mark Aquire, and Hannerty but all of the Knicks coaching staff should be FIRED! and a new Head Coach with his own coaching staff should be hired, this team is in need of a coaching-staff that is all on the same page so players that dont want to follow the program could be deleted from the roster one by one.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
They should be fired but Wilson Chandler needs more practice off the MSG court, he needs to watch videos how to defend, and not make rookie mistakes that EC makes in his veteran seasons being here, you can't even consider him a vet.. I think if Z Bo stops shooting so much we can win games. same goes to Jamal Crawford, and this is a prime example of the sixers giving up basically their best offensive shooter.. Its time the knicks part with Jamal Crawfords playground style of play, and Zach Randolphs selfish style of play. Both of these players shoot contested shots, and don't even LOOK for a good shot. They just chuck!

As for the coaching staff all of them were basketball players,Shurr doesn't look like one... I watch the halftime reports and they got a lot of different interviews with the coaching staff, and a coach was asked how will you come back from this deficet, and he said, we will just feed the ball to EC. See there is no planned offense expect for one on one by Jamal, or the one on one with Z Bo... WHens the last time the knicks ran a "great"!!!! fastbreak?? tell me. The offense, and defense of the knicks is poor, MSG coaches, and developing staff SHOULD BE FIRED. Isiah should go first.

Last edited: