Lee vs Curry

Kiyaman

Legend
Lee VS. Curry

By Matt Agne | March 18th, 2008

During the Knicks win over the Bobcats, 113-89, Eddy Curry was benched the entire second quarter. During that time the Knicks out scored the Bobcats 34-16. We’ve all discussed several times how the Lee/Randolph tandem trumps the Lee/Curry tandem. Consider this further proof.

Curry’s highlights of the game came in the first quarter when he had two blocked shots. “Eddy set the tone in the first two minutes defensively with his two blocks,” Thomas said.

He probably felt obligated to compliment Curry since Curry rarely plays defense. Curry didn’t score in the first quarter. He stated the second half and was benched for the remainder of the game after only the first 3:47.

Curry’s softness was most apparent in the third quarter when Jamal Crawford threw the ball off the backboard, caught it midair and blew the dunk.

Crawford later admitted his original intention was to toss an ally-oop to Curry. Your big man needs to want that ball. He needs to go get that ball. He should love his teammates throwing it up for him. Curry fears it.

David Lee showed his outlet passing ability on a couple fast breaks and pulled in 14 rebounds and a blocked shot while stepping up in Curry’s place.

Hopefully we’ll see more Lee over Curry in the future. Between Randolph and Crawford we have scorers. What we need from the center position is defense and rebounding and Lee can do both, Curry does neither.

This is just a small example of why my choice is Lee over Curry. Who do you like and why? If you like Lee do you think he’s a starter? Lets have a great discussion forum.
I dont like articles like this, on the downlow this article may be mentioning players Curry & Lee but indirectly it is Favoring Zach Randolph.

If the Knicks really wanted the same Curry from lastseason with some passing skillz and rebounds added this season then the Knicks should have Started the season with the Frontcourt Starters being "Curry, Lee, and Tazman" with the backcourt of Crawford & Marbury (peremeter shooting).
Then making things funky in the 2nd half of each game by playing 7 or 8 minutes straight of a Frontcourt of "C-Curry, PF-Zach, and SF-Lee" giving this Knick team a different strategy in the second half.

Having bench-players C-Morris, PF-Zach, and SF-Chandler, SG-Q.Rich, and PG-Nate, comming in as a 2nd Unit at the end of the first quarter and start of the 2nd quarter would have only showed that the Knick Head Coach is preparing 10 players to co-exist. With the Responsibility of this Unit going to Zach & Q.Rich.

The DUM-DUM Knick Head Coach (Isiah Thomas aka stupid ass Zeke) that put Marbury & Francis in the same starting lineup cant see pass the Tip-Off of each game.
He is to busy playing "Fantasy Basketball" in the NBA, when he should have been coaching 3 hours of just DEFENSE from Training-Camp, Preseason, and every Practice throughout the regular season.

If the Knicks really wanted Curry & Zach to be the main focus of this team then 6.11 Rookie Randolph Morris should've been added to the rotation to make Rookie mistakes.
Not adding Rookie Morris to the rotation at the start of the season had both Curry & Zach making Rookie mistakes all season long in every game they played...

rotf.gif
rotf.gif
rotf.gif

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think Randolph morris bein added to the rotation at the beginning of the season would have prevented rookie mistakes from Z-bo and especially Curry. Zach makes some dumb mistakes but he still dont look like a rookie, Curry does. We already know, because of Marbury, that Zekes plan was to run the offense through Curry, Randolph, and Crawford, excluding Marbury.

That article does favor Randolph and Crawford. Randolph is selfish but he deserves more playin time then Curry because he actually rebounds. All I gotta say about Crawford is "The Crawford Line."

I would go with Zach and Lee as the starting power forward and center. Whoever the more mobile big man is on the opposing team would be guarded by Lee.

Curry and Crawford should be gettin garbage minutes, both of them could pass off as rookies if this was my first year watchin the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
MSG, on the truth I really dont want Zach on this Knick Team next season. His Knick performance shows me why Portland Coach McMillian convinced management to buy Zach out for $30 million bucks.

I watched Lee & Balkman design their performance around underachiever Eddy Curry lastseason to make it easy for him to average 20 pts per game.
I became optimistic thinking that Curry was going to be the first Knick at the opening of Mark Aquire Bigman Camp this offseason to work on his defensive presence, defensive rebounding, and his passing game when doubled and trippled team. He never showed up to improve his bread & butter with the excuse of his home being robbed.

Zach Randolph shows up this season and have the exact same underachieve problems as Curry did lastseason, he shoots while double and tripple teamed, lead the team in turnovers, and completely no defensive effort at all. But the worst part is his defensive rebounding which has no passing skillz for teammates in transaction to run a fastbreak off of his rebounding (the oposing team is back on defense when Zach pass the ball, and to watch Zach on a fastbreak is to watch another Knick turnover).
I would rather the team box out for Lee or Balkman to get the defensive rebound because they know how to start a quick transaction game to lead to a fastbreak basket.

Starks

Starter
Maybe its just me, but I stopped caring about Lee along time ago. Role players that play hard are always out there for the picking

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal March 19, 2008 by CHARLES F. GARDNER:
Risk outweighed reward on possible trade for Randolph

The disconnect between Bucks owner Herb Kohl and general manager Larry Harris came to the surface at the trade deadline last month, when Kohl effectively vetoed a deal that would have sent Bobby Simmons, Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Bell to the New York Knicks for Zach Randolph and guard Fred Jones.

At Wednesday's news conference, Kohl spoke about his reasons for nixing the trade.

"I don't want to impugn him, because I've never met him," Kohl said about Randolph, the Knicks power forward, who was obtained in a trade with Portland last summer. "Zach started out in Portland, and at the point they traded him, they really wanted to do that. He did not help them win.

"Then they traded him to New York, and within six months they wanted him out. They were prepared to trade him to the Bucks or anyone else. And he had three years, plus this year, remaining on his contract, which was over $50 million.

"Now any owner, I submit, who would not take an interest in that and would not want to be a part of that decision, is not doing his job. When it comes to decisions of that magnitude, the owner needs to be on board."

The Bucks did not make a trade at the deadline, and Kohl insisted he had not second-guessed his GM.

"Larry has no difficulty or animosity with me over the right I had to say, 'Let's not do the Zach Randolph trade,' " Kohl said. "He would not bring that up to you as any point of contention. He would say, 'Yes, he had the right to do that, whether I agree or not.' "

Zach Randolph is worthless and will unforunately be with the Knicks for a long time. I agree with you Kiya, the team performs worse with ZBo in the lineup. Curry is not great, but for some reason the team performs better with him in the lineup instead of ZBo.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You have a good point, the team has no chemistry when zach is playing. Curry fades away which is his own fault for being soft and crying about not being able to play with zach, but z-bo does slow down the whole team. Much of this is Isiahs fault who chose to run the offense through Crawford, Z-bo, and Curry.

I was speaking on what i would have done for this season but I as talented as I think Zach is i dont want him back on the Knicks, he hasnt come close to proving that he can play within a team system, he needs to go.

pat

Starter
z-bo does slow down the whole team.

It is like what Barkley said during the Allstar game. There are certain players who simply stop the flow of the offence. And this is what Randolph actually is: a flow-stopper (I'd rather have a show stopper on the squad). The only thing he is actually good for is giving him the ball with 5 seconds to go because you didn't manage to create a good shot. But I guess he would never accept such a role.

paris401

Starter
as kohl said...the black-hole is owed 'lots of $$$'

he will be extremely hard to trade... unless we want to take back a even worse contract (is there such a thing??)... the zach man is here for the next 2 year...

i am ready to write-off 2008-2009...