• Renaldo Balkman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Pretty much, there's nothing positive about this season. The team played terrible defense(Josh Smith and Marcus Camby average more blocks than the entire Knicks team), they did not play hard for a big portion of the season, and they rarely played as a team, which is why they are last place in assists per game, with just 18 assists per game, collectively. The team is headed to the lottery, for the 4th straight season, and they'll finish with a below .500 record, for their 7th straight season. However, these are the few accomplishments for the Knicks, if you even want to consider them accomplishments:

Jamal Crawford
20.3 ppg 4.9 assists
Jamal_Crawford.jpg

This season, Crawford has managed to average a career high in points and assists, even though the Knicks are currently in danger of finishing with below 23 wins, and of getting the worst record in franchise history.

Nate Robinson
12.7 points per game
3.2 rebounds per game
3.0 assists per game
78.7% free throws

Nate.jpg

Robinson is averaging a career high in points, assists, and rebounds, this season. In addition to that, he is also shooting a career high free throw percentage of 78.7%.

Wilson Chandler
willthrill.jpg

With Quentin Richardson playing the worst basketball of his NBA career, the Knicks need a small forward to take his place.Wilson Chandler has not proven for sure that he can be a starter in this league. However, his shotblocking ability, and his effort on offense and on the boards might land him a spot in the Knicks' starting lineup for next season.

David Lee
David_Lee_250.jpg

Lee has continued to play well, which is a good sign. He's averaging double figures in points, and he's averaging a career high Free throw percentage of 82.3%.

Renaldo Balkman
t1_balkman.jpg

Balkman leads the Knicks in blocks per game. Who Knows? Maybe if his minutes go up, next year, he'll be the Knicks' lead shot blocker for a 3rd consecutive season(Balkman also led the Knicks in blocks per game last year).

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lets Keep the answer serious

Great Thread idea!

I like David Lee's play. I think he may be a starter eventually.

I have always like Wilson Chandler, so I was happy to see him gets some burn

Nate has looked dominent at times, and his erratic play his decreased somewhat (ofcourse not completley gone!)

Zach Randolph not as big a bust as Steve Francis. I know that seems like a joke, but Zach hasnt exactly lost all trade value, so I take victory in that

High Draft pick in a decent Draft. I like us taken Jordan because we have the players in place to allow us to bring him a long;a bit off the subject I guess, but just reaching for the positives here.

Ok thats it, everything else has sucked.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
the growth of nate this year is the biggest positive to me this year

biggest dissapointment: Curry, wtf happened to that 15 foot jumpshot he was so called developed over the offseason

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
The biggest positive is we will have a high draft pick,And hopefully we will get a GM that can convince Dolan to completely rebuild or they will not take the job. And Dolan is finally at the mercy of a real GM he has no room to fall on his face again I mean when the commisionar of the league is getting involved with your team and making suggestions to the media about how the Knicks need to change there is not much to say.Look at it this way we need to accept we are gonna be bad for a while and I can accept that as long as they commit to rebuilding the right way no more big contracts to guys that never won anything,We trade for guys that horriable teams are getting rid of if these teams are so fast to trade these players what does that tell you we just keep signing other teams nightmares to riddiculous contracts.If you look at the past almost 20 years every team accept for the Pistons a few years ago the teams that have won Championships have won with a star player they got in the draft and built around them,So realalisticly thats are only shot other than convincing Lebron he can never be Kobe or Jodan playing in Cleveland or New Jersey.So we get a good player this year and hopefully get a better player next year I dont mind losing and giving up on next year as long as we are developing what we have now and drafting high next year so just remember you have to be bad for a while to get another Ewing and just think do you really think the fans in San Antonio remember the year before they got Duncan or really care how bad they were.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
the growth of nate this year is the biggest positive to me this year

biggest dissapointment: Curry, wtf happened to that 15 foot jumpshot he was so called developed over the offseason
I think that was all a myth. I remember when Curry used to shoot jump shots, and he never had a 15 foot jumper. When he was on the Bulls, he used to shoot 8 foot jumpers, off of posting people up. It was a post up move he used to have.I don't know why he never used it on the Knicks; maybe he's too fat to do it anymore. lol The move looked so weird, that you could barely call it a jumper, anyways. He would lean forward, and bank the ball off the backboard with two hands. That's more a layup than it is a jumper. And he couldn't even shoot them that well. He used to get about 1 or 2 of those per game.He never had a consistent jumpshot, and he never used to shoot them without having to post people up and getting close to the basket. I just think that a rumor started to spread, after Curry hit that 3 against the Bucks.

dre48ny

Rotation player
1.Definitely the potential high draft pick ( hopefully they don't trade it away)
2. Isaiah being exposed badly this year ( maybe now Dolan can admit he made a mistake)
3. Nate Robinson is a serviceable player
4. The Real eddy CURRY showed up, now they can hopefully move him.
5. Did not add more stupid contracts at the deadline.
6. Q-Rich finally losing playing time
7. David Lee's continuous improvement and consistency.

The Knicks being this bad is not good for the league. The knicks have a tremendous history and the league needs them to be competitive again, Every team loves to play in the basketball Mecca (MSG), but the team that plays their home games their is horrific! 2nd highest payroll and 5th worst record in the league (35 games behind 1st place Boston), is embarrassing.

The knicks will improve if Isaiah is gone or he just follows the plan to rebuild. Drafting well, getting rid of curry, clearing cap space are the moves for this offseason and next year. I have faith that they will turn it arund, but next year is definitely just following the rebuilding phase.

If the knicks can't find suitors for Q-Rich or Jerome James, they should buy them out. These 2 players are not needed at all!! They do not bring anything to the table. I know it's a hit to the cap, but we need to find a real SF or see what chandler can do with much more playing time. I don't even have anything on Jerome James, except that he is terrible and unusable.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree with everyone who brought up Nate Robinson proving to serviceable, we know we got a player who can produce givin the minutes.

EC in Chicago>>>EC now

He actually had a season where he blocked 1 shot per game, I like Mark Aguire but hes overrated as a big man coach.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree. He's mostly good at teaching players how to post up, not how to defend. That is why Isiah should've made Patrick Ewing assistant coach. Ewing would've never allowed Curry to play like such a pussy. He would've got Curry traded in a heartbeat.

Kiyaman

Legend
This season became a bigger Joke than the Joker Larry Brown million lineup change 23 WIN season.

The addition of Zach Randolph (33 mpg) performance through this entire Knick team off ballance this season from last season feed the ball to (33 mpg) Eddy Curry downlow.
The last two seasons this Knick team was made to surround their talents around the performance of Marbury & Curry, this Knick season a certain coach had the same players surround their talents around Zach Randolph performance.
Some people say its not so bad when a team surround their players around Zach Randolph, the last team that did it got a first round draft pick and the Knicks look close to gettting one too.

Nate Robinson stepped up to the plate to be the backup Leader PG at the start of the season but was benched the first three months of the season.
Grade-B

David Lee performance went down this season from last season but he still get high PROPS for playing alongside of Curry or Zach throughout all his playingtime.
Grade-B

Renaldo "Tazman" Balkman was on President/Coach Isiah Thomas Shit-List and benched the entire season to see some garbage time.
Grade-? Knicks will trade him on draft night.

The Knick Starters from the start of the season did not showup this season to play NBA B-BALL...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Actually, the Knicks aren't being surrounded by Zach Randolph. The #1 option on offense is currently Jamal Crawford. He's the one getting the most shot attempts, at 17 attempts per game, and he leads the team in minutes, with 41 minutes per game. Also, Eddy Curry's minutes have been going down since January, not November. And the reason why his minutes were going down is because he was struggling. Curry was averaging 15 points per game,5 rebounds,.5 assists and just .5 blocks in November and December, and he was averaging over 30 minutes per game. That means he was getting about the same amount of playing time as last year, but he still refused to play any defense, he couldn't rebound, he couldn't pass and he continued to be a liability. Actually, his drop in points per game is not that much of a concern to me. It's the fact that Nate Robinson is only 1 rebound per game shy of tying Curry in rebounds, yet he's only 5'9. That's what concerns me. If Curry averaged 10 points per game on 55% field goals, 8 rebounds, and 1 block, I would have no complaints. But the fact that he's showing no growth is why I'm having complaints.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I like to say Nate, and D Lee are the people I respect most on this team.

David Lee goes out and practices with the training staff 2 hrs before games start and leaves to get changed for 5 minutes and comes back and still works on his game that will play off big time if he continues that method.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like to say Nate, and D Lee are the people I respect most on this team.

David Lee goes out and practices with the training staff 2 hrs before games start and leaves to get changed for 5 minutes and comes back and still works on his game that will play off big time if he continues that method.

co-sign

Lee and Nate work the hardest, from what they say Balkman is a hard worker too but its not as evident on the court as it is with Lee and Nate. I would like to see both them back next year but if they get traded I just hope We get alot of value in return.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
True I also saw Balkman work on his game too. Good worker. but if he creates a mid range jumpshot which will be a possiblity 1/20. He will be great in the NBA. But he has to work on his Foul shots as well. Air ball! lol. He can play good basketball though!

paris401

Starter
Positives of the 2007-2008 season....

let me see... there's ....no....then there is....no...and ofcourse there is.....no....

maybe a slight improvement in nate... now maybe we can get 2 donkeys from ringling bros for him... and

lee... who can now hit a 5ft jumper... send him out with hilary and he can stump as the great-white-hope...

sorry i do not see one positive for the year...