9 64.29%
  • Scott Skiles

2 14.29%
  • Terry Porter

0 0%
  • Paul Silas

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want coaching the Knicks?

Hybrid View

Default Who do you want coaching the Knicks?

There was a Daily News article today talking about this. My pick would be Tom Thibadeau because he is the one most responsible for the Celtics awesome defensive schemes but he is Jeff Van Gundy's right hand man so I dunno if Dolan would go there.

If he doesn't get the Indiana job I could really see it being Skiles which I am not too crazy about.

KnicksonLIN.com

I want Mark Jackson to be assistant coach, Charles Oakley to be assistant coach, and Patrick Ewing to be head coach. Mark Jackson has a very high basketball IQ, so if Ewing and Oakley don't come to the Knicks, then I want Mark Jackson to be the head coach. He was a very good point guard in the NBA, and with his intelligence, he could make a great coach. I've seen him announce for the Nets, and he's good at figuring out a team's strengths and weaknesses. He's one of the more intelligent commentators in the league.Something else that's good about Mark Jackson is that he's not afraid to speak his mind. On numerous occasions, despite being an announcer for the Nets, when asked if he feels the Nets will turn things around and make the playoffs this season, he has said no. Not too many commentators would put their job on the line and say things against the team you announce for, but he did.
    Last edited by abcd; Mar 21, 2008 at 20:22.

Originally Posted by abcd
    I want Mark Jackson to be assistant coach, Charles Oakley to be assistant coach, and Patrick Ewing to be head coach. Mark Jackson has a very high basketball IQ, so if Ewing and Oakley don't come to the Knicks, then I want Mark Jackson to be the head coach. He was a very good point guard in the NBA, and with his intelligence, he could make a great coach. I've seen him announce for the Nets, and he's good at figuring out a team's strengths and weaknesses. He's one of the more intelligent commentators in the league.Something else that's good about Mark Jackson is that he's not afraid to speak his mind. On numerous occasions, despite being an announcer for the Nets, when asked if he feels the Nets will turn things around and make the playoffs this season, he has said no. Not too many commentators would put their job on the line and say things against the team you announce for, but he did.
    yep.get the ew and bernard king as assistants for mark.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

I agree. Although I'm surprised that Herb Williams isn't mentioned. Herb is a good coach and has held us down during the very trying times of Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas. He deserves a shot but on the other hand, I'd really like to see Marc Jackson take over. Maybe Marc Jackson should be Herb's assistant. Let him earn his rank.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by donchris
    I agree. Although I'm surprised that Herb Williams isn't mentioned. Herb is a good coach and has held us down during the very trying times of Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas. He deserves a shot but on the other hand, I'd really like to see Marc Jackson take over. Maybe Marc Jackson should be Herb's assistant. Let him earn his rank.
    Herb Williams would make a good coach. My only concern with him is that he doesn't seem like the type that would yell at the team, if they weren't executing on defense. You are lucky that I am neutral about Marbury, for the rest of this season, or that signature of yours would've started another Starburywar. lol

You are lucky that I am neutral about Marbury, for the rest of this season, or that signature of yours would've started another Starburywar. lol
    Man i really dont wanna do this again so ima chill with the marbury sh!t and give you guys a break. Starks is right, all it does is trash the forums-and it never goes anywhere cuz poeple still try to say these things that we have all proved wrong. Jesus, with all the previous marbury wars- how can people here still talk sh1t?

Nyk Logo Jeff Van Gundy

To tell u da truth, Jeff Van Gundy has to come off tv and coach the Knicks again. Defense is his fortee and he would love to compete against his brother Stan over @ Orlando. I know with Dolan, that is next 2 impossible but That is who I want.

Maybe he can hang from Curry's leg so he can't get to the fridge. JA!!

I love Patrick but he's not a head coach. How many former Centers have been head coaches? I like the Marc Jackson but if we really want to shock these players and bring back defense Tom Thibadeau is the guy. Not to mention we steal Bostons best assistant.

Also Van Gundy ain't gonna happen people. He quit because of Dolan, why would he come back to work for Dolan.

Nba Logo

Yeah that's why I said close to impossible. We never thought Phil jackson would coach Kobe again. And look how good they look together now. And we all know kobe calls the shots in LA.

Nyk Logo

This is tough because this is so crucial to this team if they make the wrong choice it sets us back even more if we get the wrong coach and we have to get another in 2 years that means a new system new players and we start all over again,And I want to start rebuilding NOW and try to get rid of what we have now I dont want to have to do it again.First I love Ewing as a player but as a coach never I hate to say it but he never won a NBA championship,He was great but never figured out how to get ovet the hump and bring it home,He would never talk to the media as a player and in NY you have to as a coach or they will be all over you it would be to big of a distraction for him,Second I dont want some old retread coach who never won anything in the past and the game has changed so much now a lot of these coaches are stubborn and wont change there system and wont admit the game has passed them bye.If I had a choice it would be Rick Adelman the guy does nothing but win every year with teams that dont have a lot of talent or spend a lot of money.If I couldnt get him I would get a young assistant or young college coach and let them grow with the team we are trying to build.

Originally Posted by dre48ny
    To tell u da truth, Jeff Van Gundy has to come off tv and coach the Knicks again. Defense is his fortee and he would love to compete against his brother Stan over @ Orlando. I know with Dolan, that is next 2 impossible but That is who I want.

Maybe he can hang from Curry's leg so he can't get to the fridge. JA!!
    BINGO!!! You are exactly right JVG,is our answer whether Dolan wants to admit it or not.Then I would make Ewing an assistant and Mark Jackson or Oakley an assistant.

i want mark okaley and patrick the will but th team togther or at least jhon starks

Banned

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    There was a Daily News article today talking about this. My pick would be Tom Thibadeau because he is the one most responsible for the Celtics awesome defensive schemes but he is Jeff Van Gundy's right hand man so I dunno if Dolan would go there.

If he doesn't get the Indiana job I could really see it being Skiles which I am not too crazy about.
    Another dickhead. Where is Isiah on your poll? Im not voting.

Surprised how many peeps like Mark Jackson.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special

Originally Posted by IsiahThomas11
    Another dickhead. Where is Isiah on your poll? Im not voting.
    lol IsiahThomas called echs a d*ckhead.