Do You want Isiah Thomas back next year???

Do you Want Isiah back next year???

• Yes, he will turn things around.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, he has not done a good job.

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
Thats nonsense.

LA Laker fans are as critical as Knick fans, and Bynum still turned into a good player.

Frye was a one dimensional college player, who the hell thought he was "tough" enough for New York? He was soft in college, its funny that you guys say this "tough" theory as if it only applies to High School players

Isiah drafts bench players, thats it.

We drafted Robinson over a quality defensive role player/starter in Garcia...Monta Ellis > Robinson.

Damn, Isiahsexuals still making excusas for Isiah.

excusas, excusas, excusas....

Thats nonsense.

LA Laker fans are as critical as Knick fans, and Bynum still turned into a good player.

Frye was a one dimensional college player, who the hell thought he was "tough" enough for New York? He was soft in college, its funny that you guys say this "tough" theory as if it only applies to High School players

We drafted Robinson over a quality defensive role player/starter in Garcia...Monta Ellis > Robinson.

The berst option is to keep thomas 1 more year and see what he can do. I dont no y you have a arrow pointing from monta ellis to nate robinson. Ellis is to the left of Nate whatever that means. Lee and Nate are both styarters. Garcia is a no name with no gaame. Frye was a average pick not to bad. You have to do something about the metrohard-on you have when it comes to hating isiah. What did he do to you??? he tried his best with the knicks and he deserts one more year to C what he can do.

Roco

Rookie
Thats nonsense.

Bynum's development has taken at least two full years before seeing significant improvement. All that I can tell you is that from countless arguments with different Laker fans, I was never under the impression that they were ever as "critical" of Bynum as we were of Frye. If you remember, during those two playoff series against Phoenix, Bynum was essentially a non-factor.

2 full seasons for Bynum. People here were already giving up on Frye during his second year. Now, I'm not going to insult people's intelligence and blindly defend Channing Frye no matter what, but don't forget that in the 2005 draft, Frye was getting noticeable attention.

By the time it was our turn to draft at 8, Jay Bilas had listed Frye as the best player available. Mike and the Mad Dog loved the pick. We drafted a four year college player who wound up making the All-Rookie First team.

Trust me, looking back, I would have loved to have drafted Bynum. But I don't think it's reasonable to stand here today and act like everyone completely pushed for Bynum for the #8 pick.

Funny how you mention Francisco Garcia (whom I really respect as an NBA player) as a starter, but out of 213 career games, I only see 34 starts. I'm definitely not knocking on his contributions to the Kings though.

It's easy to harp on Isiah because he's had little success, but it's not unreasonable to believe that Isiah's drafts have been decent to say the least.

clumsy

Rotation player
The berst option is to keep thomas 1 more year and see what he can do. I dont no y you have a arrow pointing from monta ellis to nate robinson. Ellis is to the left of Nate whatever that means. Lee and Nate are both styarters. Garcia is a no name with no gaame. Frye was a average pick not to bad. You have to do something about the metrohard-on you have when it comes to hating isiah. What did he do to you??? he tried his best with the knicks and he deserts one more year to C what he can do.

I hope you're joking. I hope they hire Thomas as a magician so he can try to get out of a burning building during every halftime next year. Then if he makes it through that maybe he can play PG for the knicks. How many times does someone have to fuck up before you just cut them loose. How many W's in terms of business decisions has Thomas had compared to his L's.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hope you're joking. I hope they hire Thomas as a magician so he can try to get out of a burning building during every halftime next year. Then if he makes it through that maybe he can play PG for the knicks. How many times does someone have to fuck up before you just cut them loose. How many W's in terms of business decisions has Thomas had compared to his L's.

Good post clumsy, i think IT11 must be Isiahs son or somethin. Im startin to wonder if its crawford tryin to persuade the fans that Isiah isnt a bad gm. I predict both Isiahs will be fired soon.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
ok are u even a knicks fan? u must not be 2 give Isiah another chance ><

metrocard

Legend
Bynum's development has taken at least two full years before seeing significant improvement. All that I can tell you is that from countless arguments with different Laker fans, I was never under the impression that they were ever as "critical" of Bynum as we were of Frye. If you remember, during those two playoff series against Phoenix, Bynum was essentially a non-factor.

2 full seasons for Bynum. People here were already giving up on Frye during his second year. Now, I'm not going to insult people's intelligence and blindly defend Channing Frye no matter what, but don't forget that in the 2005 draft, Frye was getting noticeable attention.

By the time it was our turn to draft at 8, Jay Bilas had listed Frye as the best player available. Mike and the Mad Dog loved the pick. We drafted a four year college player who wound up making the All-Rookie First team.

Trust me, looking back, I would have loved to have drafted Bynum. But I don't think it's reasonable to stand here today and act like everyone completely pushed for Bynum for the #8 pick.

Funny how you mention Francisco Garcia (whom I really respect as an NBA player) as a starter, but out of 213 career games, I only see 34 starts. I'm definitely not knocking on his contributions to the Kings though.

It's easy to harp on Isiah because he's had little success, but it's not unreasonable to believe that Isiah's drafts have been decent to say the least.

Where has Frye's development taken place? Frye hit the rookie wall at mid way point of his rookie season. Frye was only good in the NBA for half a rookie season, Bynum has been tremendous all year. Their performance alone shows its a bad pick.

And any smart GM would give 2 years of development to have a Bynum.

Frye showed no potential. He was a 6"10 jumpshooter who was bad at everything else. When his jump shots didn't fall in, he was argueably the worst player on this team.

Bynum in the other hand showed flashes of greatness, which gave Laker fans a lot of hope, and is the reason why the Lakers invested so much stock into Bynum. Lakers wouldn't even give away Bynum in the KG or Jermaine O'Neal, deal. Now because of their smart GM and knowing their personnel, they'll have an all star center for the next 10 years.

Frye was getting attention because Isiah promised Frye he will be drafted at 8. Frye isn't even a top 15 player from that draft, so it really was really a terrible pick overall.

Fuck Jay Bilas.

Mike and the Mad Dog don't know anything about basketball.

Frye was a four year college player, and Bynum was the youngest player to ever play in the NBA.

Why even compare rookie years? its pointless. Bynum only played 40 games in like 7 minutes. We're not using equal environments here.

What you need to understand is that when Bynum finally got a taste of the NBA in 2006-07, he was the superior player that year.

21 minutes
7.8 ppg
6 rebounds
1.6 blocks
58% FG

Frye did
26 minutes
9.1 points
43% FG
5.5 rebounds
.6 blocks
1.39 turnovers

Bynum has the much more efficient season(5 less minutes compared to Frye, but more efficiency, superior shooting, blocks and rebounding in less turnover/touches) where Frye was shown to be a total fraud and BUST.

This season, its no comparison either. Bynum has always been the superior talent, now he has the skills and confidence to utilize his talent as a great starter in the NBA. All Frye is now is an 8th man on a non playoff team.

Stop sucking Frye, please. He was never top 8 material, not even in college. He was soft in the NCAA and is softer in the NBA. His rebounding/defensive skills are limited as Curry, and all he has is a jump shot and a very inconsistent unreliable post game.

Garcia is a starter, capable starter, sorta to the Raja Bell/Bruce Bowen role. He'll never make an all star team, ever; but he'll be in this league because he's a 6"7 guy who can play and defend PG/SG/SF with NBA 3pt range and a shitload of agility and skills. If we would of drafted Bynum and Garcia, we would of been set at SG/PF....

If Isiah never traded all that value for Curry, we would of had Aldridge also.

Imagine

Marbury(penetrator)
Garcia(shooter)
Ariza(slasher)
Aldridge(skilled big man)
Bynum(beast)

6th man
Joakim Noah(andersonvarejao clone)

Little blunders by Isiah have led to the disaster that is the New York Knicks.

As the Lakers looked to change the lineup (especially after a recent Kobe Bryant trade demand) many teams made offers for Bynum, including the New Jersey Nets and the Indiana Pacers. But Mitch Kupchak, General Manager of the Lakers, put to rest rumors of the team trading Bynum by commenting "we're not going to trade Andrew."[8] Recently, the Lakers exercised a fourth year contract option on him.[9]

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Last year when there was trade talks about Bynum for Kidd/Oneil/garnett I was thinkin the Lakers should stick with Bynum. I saw it in him as a rookie, he showed skills on both ends of the court. If I can pick up on this as fast as I did you would think Isiah could have picked up on his potential.

It was clear from the beginning that Frye didnt was not a good rebounder and defender. That was even the knock on him before that draft, that he was soft. The only thing he showed was a nice jumper, didnt Nate Robinson dunk on him in the NCAA tournament? smh, no debate here. Smart gms know to stay away from soft players.

Bynums stats show his potential as a rookie. In only 7.3 minutes he averaged half a block and 1.7 rebounds. Multiply these numbers by 4 and you get:

29.2 minutes
2 bpg
6.8rpg

Not bad numbers at all for an 18 year old kid. His offensive numbers dont back up what I said but the Lakers have always been a team I watched. He had some games where it was evident that he had potential.

I would be more understanding if Isiah had picked Gerald Green, alot of people had him overrated. Green showed more potential then Frye did. I remember the scouting reports saying that Green had good 3pt shooting ability, incredible athletic ability, and potential to be a good defender.

Fryes scouting report consisted of one thing, that he can shoot. Isiah is at least decent when it comes to drafting, but this is one of his bad picks and in my opinion it cant even be defended.