Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Truth

Hybrid View

Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar

Default The Truth

This site is going down and I mean big time. The debates are slow, the convos are getting stupid. and a lot of great posters aren't posting anymore. Thanks to a select few.... ((You know who all of them are))Also because of the poor play of the Knicks. Rady hasn't been posting for a whle, everything is going bad the forum is being "taken over one thread at a time" by the "posters that can't post"... I am not a big Starbury fan myself, but its the antimarburyfans that made is thread suck seriously.

KnicksonLIN.com

This site has been going downhill, recently. I tried to make this site more fun, by trading for Eddy Curry, on the Fantasy Trade Thread, but it didn't work. I'll try and make some good threads, to try and make this site more fun, but it's going to take teamwork, to make this site as good as it was, towards the beginning of the Knicks season.

I know alot of the blame has gone to me and metro, I disagree with that. Most of the time it is anti-marbury posters who take shots at marbury fans, now we got donchris goin around with his signature.

Im not lookin to argue as much, I have tried to become more open minded as several of my posts reflect over the last couple of weeks. Im upset to see the hypocritical actions of anti-marbury posters always crying about too much marbury beef, but they most the time are the wons instigating it.

Earlier today, I wrote that I "agree to disagree" with Kiyaman. Im not looking to get into stupid arguements, im just looking to contribute to this forum in a positive way.

ABCD and Nyknicks126 made good points, and another problem is the Knicks themselves. If we were going to the playoffs I think more people would be posting but we got the Fantasy game now and the draft coming up.

Originally Posted by abcd
    This site has been going downhill, recently. I tried to make this site more fun, by trading for Eddy Curry, on the Fantasy Trade Thread, but it didn't work. I'll try and make some good threads, to try and make this site more fun, but it's going to take teamwork, to make this site as good as it was, towards the beginning of the Knicks season.
    I'll try and help man, and make threads, not just in the Knicks, but in the Hangout, Off Topic ****, so we can have something to talk about, I'll try and be more active, just been really busy with work, I'll try and spice up this site with as much news and games or fun threads to talk about as much as I can, i don't want to see this site go away, this is probly the best knicks forum site I know

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    I'll try and help man, and make threads, not just in the Knicks, but in the Hangout, Off Topic ****, so we can have something to talk about, I'll try and be more active, just been really busy with work, I'll try and spice up this site with as much news and games or fun threads to talk about as much as I can, i don't want to see this site go away, this is probly the best knicks forum site I know
    co sign! this is the best forum and it would be ashame for it to disappear. as i live in england i dont see much of the games so i rely on the decent posers to keep me up to date!

The Truth is that a couple of posters got EXPOSED on this thread.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lanceroy
    The Truth is that a couple of posters got EXPOSED on this thread.

The site is fine. People just have better things to do then talk about the worst team in the NBA. How much more can we dicuss the lottery, **** ass Marbury, and the young players.

The marbury debates didn't ruion the site. The worthless internet personal attacks made it bad. Anybody who messages personal insults on a forum is coward. Its one thing when MSG says it cause hes a huge D. Nicholes fan and hes obviously joking. But i mean in one thread i was called a punk ass *****. I mean honestly are you serious? What type of man says stuff like that period, let alone on the internet.

I think the site will be fine when the season is over. Then we can talk coachin changes, he draft and possible trades.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    The site is fine. People just have better things to do then talk about the worst team in the NBA. How much more can we dicuss the lottery, **** ass Marbury, and the young players.

The marbury debates didn't ruion the site. The worthless internet personal attacks made it bad. Anybody who messages personal insults on a forum is coward. Its one thing when MSG says it cause hes a huge D. Nicholes fan and hes obviously joking. But i mean in one thread i was called a punk ass *****. I mean honestly are you serious? What type of man says stuff like that period, let alone on the internet.

I think the site will be fine when the season is over. Then we can talk coachin changes, he draft and possible trades.
    The 1st thing I bolded is unecessary, just keep it to Marbury. Leave the hate outta this.

The 2nd thing, who called you a punk ass n*gga?

Your best buddy did. MSG i actually like posting with you, cause i know its all in good fun. We argue but not serious it for the sake of a good time.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Your best buddy did. MSG i actually like posting with you, cause i know its all in good fun. We argue but not serious it for the sake of a good time.
    I use to not like posting with you but I have switched up my style recently. I have no problem with, I wish you wouldnt make some of the Marbury comments you do but its whatever, im just doin me no homo.

As for Metro, i hope he comes back. Alot of his great posts were underappreciated, no one gave him credit because they disagreed with him. Metro had some long arguements with other posters such as knickslover and hometheaterguy without things gettin personal. He had his reasons to say what he said, but i dont have a comment on what he said to you. Thats not my business to go there, I consider metro to be the best poster. Your someone I get along with now so im not gettin in between you 2 (no homo).

Yeah I agree with all of you. Some of the personal attacks were getting old, but I hope this thread is the turning point to a better ko.com.

I know people have mixed feelings about metros posting, but I want metro back, and I respect him and his good posts.

Good idea Starks we should have more convos about the NBA, but my main interest is the Knicks, and the upcoming draft.
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; Mar 23, 2008 at 20:44.

I agree that the site hasn't been as stimulating as it used to be, but I think the Knicks are the core reason for that.

If the Knicks were winning, Starbury Wars would be buried by other interesting topics. I havent watched a knick game in weeks, and when i did, i felt like I was wasting my time.

The Knicks have an apathetic fan base, and it shows by not having many new posters to the site. If there was interest in the Knicks, people would be searching for fan sites and ko.com are on the first that comes up on google.

Right now basketball fans are interested in NCAA and the west coast NBA teams.

All of us on the site are the diehards; and we keep posting as means of venting as a means of airing of our grievances. Our girlfriends don't understand and some of our friends don't care; and thats why we come here. Fans form communties/support groups on these sites and its why keep coming back.

Believe me I'm burnt burnt out to. I don't even write columns anymore because of my disinterest in the team.

My suggestion is that we start having more general conversations about the NBA.

Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    This site is going down and I mean big time. The debates are slow, the convos are getting stupid. and a lot of great posters aren't posting anymore. Thanks to a select few.... ((You know who all of them are))Also because of the poor play of the Knicks. Rady hasn't been posting for a whle, everything is going bad the forum is being "taken over one thread at a time" by the "posters that can't post"... I am not a big Starbury fan myself, but its the antimarburyfans that made is thread suck seriously.
    I don't think it has been the antimarbury fans OR the marbury fans that have brought this site down. It's been the Marbury debates all together. As far as I'm concerned, there is no need to bring that argument up anymore. Overall this site is the best Knick site around. The majority of posters here are great and I look forward to reading everybody's posts on a daily basis.

The Knicks sucking has also been a major reason why this site is going down. Until something changes, there is no reason to discuss the Knicks. They suck and evrybody here knows why. One thing I have noticed though, is the lack of current news posted on this site. There used to be current news articles posted in the "Today's Headlines" section, but the latest headlines are from early January. Does anybody know why? I used to look forward to getting my Knick updates from this site, but now I have to filter through Hoopshype.com.

I guess I wasn't wrong with what I said, the forum is continueing its downfall. More and more stupid arguements. Come on guys we all know the REAL truth to these arguements anyway you know what I mean.