Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 168

Thread: The Truth

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Moz, thanks my Caribbean brother.

    Kiyaman has made some incredible contributes to this site with his insight, we all should be blessed to have him here.

    I wish the moderators got more involved in the posting.

    donchris, 126, acbd, MSG33, Starks, thekidd, paris, homer, GetRealstic, jzero, Roco, DavidLeeFan, etc...all share different opinions could give you be the best insight more than any other forum can give.

    People have been mad emotional over the Marbury thing, one person gets shut down on one point, they go crazy, and become overly delusional and emotional that it becomes personal to get that person back. Unfortunately I've been that person; this poster becomes a cancer to the website since they contribute nothing to the website(no news breaking articles, helpless resource links, productive arguments, insight and logc, good feedback). Posters like these should be ignored or be terminated. I mean, Don Chris can be the worst poster of this site sometimes because of he has his pride and hates losing a debate; but at time he's grown out of his loses and still tries to contribute which you have to respect him for. GetRealstic can be a little too serious and emotional at times, but he could be a funny or corny dude, which we need on this site, everyone else does a really great job. The thing I love about this site is everyone has their own writing style. You could change a person's avatar, signature and even username, but you'll KNOW right away who's writing that post.

    This site has been going down for obvious reasons, I suggest you guys to advertise this site and get more people on here.

    Moz, I want you to post more; I'll post less so you could have some spot light. I'm really an out spoken dude and will say the least popular thing as long as its logical, and the truth related to my team of the New York Knicks. I want nothing but success and W's for this franchise, I want a franchise player I can brag about when comparing to guys like Paul, Kobe, Lebron, Howard and KG...I want a playoff team so I can talk **** to other playoff teams how New York is back and is going to increase NBA ratings by a mile. I want that BACK again, so I will continue to pimp slap down anything that keeps me and the Knick fans from getting that back(Isiah and Isiah apologist).

    Isiah is done now, all Isiahsexuals should be locked up or terminated from this site now. The dark ages are now over.

  2. #17
    Cutest Guy Here Kennedy Curse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queens New York Ozone park
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    yo i stopped posting here for awhile...i mean im trying 2 come back but idk...its just the same shyt all the time i mean its true...wtf else can we say about the knicks...we talk about the same problems and share our opinions about it and all the time it just all of us saying we ****ing suck...and we do...the marbury arguments...man i like marbury...started liking him when he was scoring like 30 or 40 points...but either way no matter what anyone says about marbury were still a lottery team...yea its isiah fault and marbury has sometimes acted stupid but he is a good player and basically isiah changed alot of players...dont blame marbury for the way he acted sometimes...but still when it comes down 2 it were still a lottery team and he aint help us much this season...well injury but still dont matter if people thinks its isiahs fault or marburys fault were still a lottery team...all this arguing and shyt dont change nuttin we still suck and what else can we really say...all these talks just go right back 2 us sucking...we are the worst team well actually Miami is but still were the second worst team and what else can we say about the knicks...i blame isiah ofcourse cuz when it comes down 2 it he did assemble this team...hes the one that gave them those big ass paychecks...and the marbury situation he is a great player dont like how he acts sometimes but he is a great player hes just a good player on a bad ****ED up team...this site i cant imagine how weak it will be come playoff time...

  3. #18
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    This site is going down and I mean big time. The debates are slow, the convos are getting stupid. and a lot of great posters aren't posting anymore. Thanks to a select few.... ((You know who all of them are))Also because of the poor play of the Knicks. Rady hasn't been posting for a whle, everything is going bad the forum is being "taken over one thread at a time" by the "posters that can't post"... I am not a big Starbury fan myself, but its the antimarburyfans that made is thread suck seriously.
    I don't think it has been the antimarbury fans OR the marbury fans that have brought this site down. It's been the Marbury debates all together. As far as I'm concerned, there is no need to bring that argument up anymore. Overall this site is the best Knick site around. The majority of posters here are great and I look forward to reading everybody's posts on a daily basis.

    The Knicks sucking has also been a major reason why this site is going down. Until something changes, there is no reason to discuss the Knicks. They suck and evrybody here knows why. One thing I have noticed though, is the lack of current news posted on this site. There used to be current news articles posted in the "Today's Headlines" section, but the latest headlines are from early January. Does anybody know why? I used to look forward to getting my Knick updates from this site, but now I have to filter through Hoopshype.com.

  4. #19
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I guess I wasn't wrong with what I said, the forum is continueing its downfall. More and more stupid arguements. Come on guys we all know the REAL truth to these arguements anyway you know what I mean.

  5. #20
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I think we all know who causes most of the problems on here. If this particular poster was banned i think alot of the fighting would go away. I tried to make peace with this poster but he continued to only respond to things said by me and 1 other poster. He constantly stalks us, must be one of those predators or sumthin.

  6. #21
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Makes total sense MSG, but I think that if you just completely disagree with someone. We should all say our facts, and opinions, and get on with it instead of making bad comments, and insults, remember I am not pointing at anyone, because I also have the rep of saying insulting things, and most I don't mean, or I just play around, most recent the trade with me and knicks3. That I thought was bs, and if that game continues to go like that, I am droppin out of it.

  7. #22
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyKnicks126
    Makes total sense MSG, but I think that if you just completely disagree with someone. We should all say our facts, and opinions, and get on with it instead of making bad comments, and insults, remember I am not pointing at anyone, because I also have the rep of saying insulting things, and most I don't mean, or I just play around, most recent the trade with me and knicks3. That I thought was bs, and if that game continues to go that why I am droppin out of it.
    co-sign

    the particular poster that im talkin about never gives up, adding up losses to his win/loss record. she doesnt have any wins, I tried to compromise with her in an arguement, I tried to avoid problems and make peace but she continues to stalk me. my next step is putting her on my ignore list. She likes to bother another poster but im not mentioning any names.

    I agree that once a trade is completed then thats it. I thought this mite become a problem and i was right. Once a trade is announced in the fantasy draft thread thats it, its final. If one person backs out then anyone can do it. Someone mite do it because they found a better deal involving a player they already traded which is completely unfair. The Knicks3 said there was some type of contract issue but im sure if you pm him and explain the whole sign and trade thing to him then the deal will stay as is.

  8. #23
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yeah, too bad the Fantasy game wasn't made in the beginning of the season, then the trades could actually be finalized during the season, so we don't have to wait until the Draft to make a sign and trade. As far as the game. I think it should be scrapped now, I thought the same thing as you with people backing out when official.

  9. #24

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    co-sign
    the particular poster that im talkin about never gives up, adding up losses to his win/loss record. she doesnt have any wins, I tried to compromise with her in an arguement, I tried to avoid problems and make peace but she continues to stalk me. my next step is putting her on my ignore list. She likes to bother another poster but im not mentioning any names.
    lol @ this particular poster when you are obviously referring to me. Even in this post you're being belligerent calling me a she, telling me I'm adding up losses. Fact of the matter is that I'm not harassing or bothering you or metro the reality is that I disagree with a lot of the things you write. I make my point, metro can't handle it then proceeds with the name calling, personal attacks and childish behavior. Then you chime in with your ridiculous claims of 'shooting me with a mac 10' and telling me to 'get the **** outta here'.

    The problem is that a lot of the time, to make an analogy, you and Metro are trying to tell us that the sky is purple when we all know that it's obviously blue.

    I've never had a problem with anybody else on here except you and Metro however a good portion of the rest of the board has had a problem with the two of you but yet you want to say that I'm the problem? To use your line, 'get the **** outta here'.

    That said I don't have a problem with you or Metro, I just wished you guys were more mature and you weren't so negatively influenced by Metro. Whenever Metro's not posting you are a whole lot nicer and respectful to the boad community even when people disagree with you but when he's around you're like a different person.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Moz, thanks my Caribbean brother.

    Kiyaman has made some incredible contributes to this site with his insight, we all should be blessed to have him here.

    I wish the moderators got more involved in the posting.

    donchris, 126, acbd, MSG33, Starks, thekidd, paris, homer, GetRealstic, jzero, Roco, DavidLeeFan, etc...all share different opinions could give you be the best insight more than any other forum can give.

    People have been mad emotional over the Marbury thing, one person gets shut down on one point, they go crazy, and become overly delusional and emotional that it becomes personal to get that person back. Unfortunately I've been that person; this poster becomes a cancer to the website since they contribute nothing to the website(no news breaking articles, helpless resource links, productive arguments, insight and logc, good feedback). Posters like these should be ignored or be terminated. I mean, Don Chris can be the worst poster of this site sometimes because of he has his pride and hates losing a debate; but at time he's grown out of his loses and still tries to contribute which you have to respect him for. GetRealstic can be a little too serious and emotional at times, but he could be a funny or corny dude, which we need on this site, everyone else does a really great job. The thing I love about this site is everyone has their own writing style. You could change a person's avatar, signature and even username, but you'll KNOW right away who's writing that post.

    I love how you have a opinion on how everybody else acts and should behave but don't say anything about how you are. Personally I'd like to hear what all these people think of you.


    Point is we could all enjoy our time spent here a lot more if we just disagreed respectfully instead of being assaulted with vulgarity every single time. There's nothing wrong with the occasional dis (ie pancakes cause that's funny) but when you only respond to a person's point with insults
    over and over again instead of answering a simple question ie have you seen Thabeet play? It gets tiresome and takes the fun out of it not just for the people posting but for the people reading.

  10. #25
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    co-sign

    the particular poster that im talkin about never gives up, adding up losses to his win/loss record. she doesnt have any wins, I tried to compromise with her in an arguement, I tried to avoid problems and make peace but she continues to stalk me. my next step is putting her on my ignore list. She likes to bother another poster but im not mentioning any names.

    I agree that once a trade is completed then thats it. I thought this mite become a problem and i was right. Once a trade is announced in the fantasy draft thread thats it, its final. If one person backs out then anyone can do it. Someone mite do it because they found a better deal involving a player they already traded which is completely unfair. The Knicks3 said there was some type of contract issue but im sure if you pm him and explain the whole sign and trade thing to him then the deal will stay as is.
    MSG we've had our battles but for the most part i feel like we have some sort of mutual respect. But calling out Eddy Currys House Special is totally off base. I'm gonna be labled an "ass kiss" and all types of **** but he brings quality posting to the site. And lets be honest in the last month theres maybe only 4 people who have posted well and i'll even admit i don't post as much as usual because i'm bored with the site.

    ECHS makes his posts and his points but doesn't fire back with insults like others do. He only responds with the insults when he is provoked by others. I"m sick and tired of this taking losses nonsense. The fact of the matter is all these arguements are subjective. There is no right or wrong answer.

    I"m tired of these arguements and nonsense. Metro is a good poster but that 3 day period he was gone everybody seemed to calm down and we got back to talking basketball, and since he's come back its the same old ****.

  11. #26
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    lol @ this particular poster when you are obviously referring to me. Even in this post you're being belligerent calling me a she, telling me I'm adding up losses. Fact of the matter is that I'm not harassing or bothering you or metro the reality is that I disagree with a lot of the things you write. I make my point, metro can't handle it then proceeds with the name calling, personal attacks and childish behavior. Then you chime in with your ridiculous claims of 'shooting me with a mac 10' and telling me to 'get the **** outta here'.

    The problem is that a lot of the time, to make an analogy, you and Metro are trying to tell us that the sky is purple when we all know that it's obviously blue.

    I've never had a problem with anybody else on here except you and Metro however a good portion of the rest of the board has had a problem with the two of you but yet you want to say that I'm the problem? To use your line, 'get the **** outta here'.

    That said I don't have a problem with you or Metro, I just wished you guys were more mature and you weren't so negatively influenced by Metro. Whenever Metro's not posting you are a whole lot nicer and respectful to the boad community even when people disagree with you but when he's around you're like a different person.


    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    MSG we've had our battles but for the most part i feel like we have some sort of mutual respect. But calling out Eddy Currys House Special is totally off base. I'm gonna be labled an "ass kiss" and all types of **** but he brings quality posting to the site. And lets be honest in the last month theres maybe only 4 people who have posted well and i'll even admit i don't post as much as usual because i'm bored with the site.

    ECHS makes his posts and his points but doesn't fire back with insults like others do. He only responds with the insults when he is provoked by others. I"m sick and tired of this taking losses nonsense. The fact of the matter is all these arguements are subjective. There is no right or wrong answer.

    I"m tired of these arguements and nonsense. Metro is a good poster but that 3 day period he was gone everybody seemed to calm down and we got back to talking basketball, and since he's come back its the same old ****.
    You have your opinion on echs, i have mine. Not all of these arguements are subjective but some of them are. I have had an open mind in some of my arguements but everyone seems to focus on the times where im more closed minded. Whats with this bullsh*t about all my arguements only bein backed by stats? I come with stats and analysis. Echs intentionally ignores my analysis, this is his way of bein a (fill in the blank). A couple of posters on here stereotype my arguements as only bein backed by stats. I have addressed this before but it doesnt hurt to bring it up again. I am a legend on here as far as im concerned, check out my work in the official blow it the f*ck up thread. I can do that to anyone at anytime but its not worth it when i dont get proper credit. I have never admitted to a loss because i have never taken one. How come this gets brought up but no one ever says anything about how echs doesnt admit to his losses? If he cant admit to even one loss then why argue with him? I suppose the same can be said about me, at least from the perspective of others but thats really not he case. I have never loss, every arguement i have been in i have come with strong enough arguements to prove that whatever im tryin to argue has some validity. Maybe i tied a couple times, i consider the KG vs Dwight arguement to be a tie but echs clearly lost the chris paul deron williams arguement. Out of all them that one is the most obvious and it was mainly metro who dominated that but i came with one last strong arguement hoping to get echs to stop with his silly claim. Now echs and you are tryin to claim i was a different poster during the 3 day stretch metro was gone but it started a couple days before his absence. Its unnecessary for you to be tryin to instigate stuff.

  12. #27
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    904
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    I"m sick and tired of this taking losses nonsense. The fact of the matter is all these arguements are subjective. There is no right or wrong answer.
    Man, I couldn't agree more. I never really understood what the parameters for such a "loss" were. It is not like a game of basketball which ends with something like a final, measurable score. Exactly this is one of the things I like most about basketball. You go out there, you win or you lose (depending what is the final boxscore) and you go home. For 48 minutes (or 40 minutes in Europe), you are sort of independent from that complicated world. But unfortunately, as soon as you start debating about basketball, you are back in the real world.

  13. #28
    Veteran OriginalKnickGrandson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,116
    Rep Power
    9

    Cool This is why

    [quote=MSGKnickz33;52224]



    Whats with this bullsh*t about all my arguements only bein backed by stats? I come with stats and analysis. Echs intentionally ignores my analysis, this is his way of bein a (fill in the blank). A couple of posters on here stereotype my arguements as only bein backed by stats. I have addressed this before but it doesnt hurt to bring it up again. I am a legend on here as far as im concerned, check out my work in the official blow it the f*ck up thread. I can do that to anyone at anytime but its not worth it when i dont get proper credit. I have never admitted to a loss because i have never taken one. If he cant admit to even one loss then why argue with him? I suppose the same can be said about me, at least from the perspective of others but thats really not he case. I have never loss, every arguement i have been in i have come with strong enough arguements to prove that whatever im tryin to argue has some validity. Maybe i tied a couple times.

    Now let me first say that your game threads are by far the best and consistant post put up on this sight. God now that thats out of the way, everyone including yourself has said how the petty bickering has to stop to make the sight better and then you come off calling names and ranting about how your the greatest and you never lose an argument.. if your so great at debaiting and you never lose an argument you should get your ass into law school and make a fortune. Newsflash there MSG33 EVERBODY makes misstakes(haha) and no-body is right %100 of the time so when people come here to share their THAUGHTS and IDEAS its not up to anyone on this sight to malishishly shooty down their thaughts or ideas. Like mama allways said "if ya can't play nice don't play at all" No body likes a conceded jerk. I don't argee with you and metro like a bunch of other posters in here because theres no point in it you guy's are always right and everybody else is wrong(according to you guy's) You both bring a lot to this sight but you both also are hard to engage on any topic... must be because of your supiriority. Why do we keep argueing about Steph anyway he'll be gone this up-comming season anyway? I love the mans heart and what he's done for under privlaged kids(starbury brand clothes sneakers ect.)but his head just ain't right. This is not ment as a personal attack on anyone just maby a little insight on what other people think of you (well at least myself)

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,057
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It is the personal attacks that are bringing this site down. When I first joined this site I was super impressed by the knowledge that was dropped on a variety of topics besides basketball. Just take a look at threads from 8-12 months ago to see what I mean. Now this site has gone downhill to a game of the dozens. Someone has to draw a line and say what is acceptable and what isn't. There is nothing wrong with irony or being a smart-mouth a bit, that is all in good fun. But calling people you don't really know out there name is asking for it. It takes away from the tie that binds all of us, being KNICKSFANS. The Steph debate is not ruining the site. This is a discussion board so if it has to do with the KNICKS, lets talk about it. But from this day forward we should all bury the hatchet and focus why we are here, to support the Knicks. Our team needs us right now and we as Knicks fans should be circling the wagons instead of fighting amongst ourselves.

  15. #30
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    It is the personal attacks that are bringing this site down. When I first joined this site I was super impressed by the knowledge that was dropped on a variety of topics besides basketball. Just take a look at threads from 8-12 months ago to see what I mean. Now this site has gone downhill to a game of the dozens. Someone has to draw a line and say what is acceptable and what isn't. There is nothing wrong with irony or being a smart-mouth a bit, that is all in good fun. But calling people you don't really know out there name is asking for it. It takes away from the tie that binds all of us, being KNICKSFANS. The Steph debate is not ruining the site. This is a discussion board so if it has to do with the KNICKS, lets talk about it. But from this day forward we should all bury the hatchet and focus why we are here, to support the Knicks. Our team needs us right now and we as Knicks fans should be circling the wagons instead of fighting amongst ourselves.
    True...true. I agree, the personal attacks have brought the quality of this site down. They really are unnecessary.

    The lack of posting is mostly due to the Knicks being terrible and nothing changing. There were a lot more posters when there was hope at the beginning of this season. Now that there is no hope for this season, many people have bailed. And for all of our disagreemants and fighting, the ones who are still posting now are TRUE KNICK FANS. All of us still posting are not "fair-weather" fans. We love our Knicks regardless of how ****ty they are and all of us TRUE KNICK FANS will feel more pride when the Knicks finally win a championship.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2007, 12:38
  2. Knicks roster evaluation, any complete players?
    By jzero29 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2007, 12:31
  3. [Article] Marv founds truth hurts at MSG
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2004, 10:05
  4. Moment of truth
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 02, 2003, 05:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •