what possilble trades do you believe the knicks should make?

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
well i think the best trade we could do is
zack for charlie villanueva
give q rich and malik for a sign and trade for artest and garcia and if anythin including mardy or wilson
and curry for bonzi wells
and we sign any rookie center
and this lineup is

marbury
wells
artest
villanueva
moriss

bench
nate and if marbury not palying good out him as back up
crawford six men
balkman
lee
and the rookie and he is better then morris but him in strating

fire the whole coaching staff and get
patrick ewing head coach
mark jackson assitent coach
charles okley assitent coach

and they will show the big and small guys how to play like the young players such as nate lee balkman morris to delovp there game

Swap picks with Indiana and trade Z-Bo and Balkman or Collins for J.O'neal and pick up Thabeat,Jordan or that kid JaVeal Mc...something :) from Neveda and bring some post defence. Of course this trade and the obvious one... Artest in a sign and trade for Curry and Collins or Balkman whatever one Indiana didn't want :)

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Overcap and Overpaid

It is one thing to be paying players so much that the team is over the cap; it is another thing to be overpaying the players who put the team over the cap. The Knicks have both problems and this affects their ability to trade.

The Knicks' committed salaries - rounded - for next year - 2008/09 - is $91M. With a top draft pick, the number will increase another $4.5M to $5M.

For the 2009/10 season, Stephon's $21.9M and Malik's $7.6M salaries will come off the books. Zach ($16M), Curry ($10.5M), QRich ($9.3M), Crawford ($9.3M) and James ($6.6M) have player options for that season, but. with the possible exception of Crawford, they are all overpaid and you can be sure that each of them will exercise his option. Its qualifying offer time for Nate and Lee, at $2.9M and $2.6M respectively. There are team options for Balkman, Chandler and Collins at $2M, $1.2M and $1.8M respectively. Barring trades or the non-exercise of team options, it looks as though the committed salaries for the 2009/10 season, with another high draft pick, will be about $75M.

For the 2010/11 season, if they are still with us, Nate and Lee will have new contracts, probably in the $7M to $10M ranges. On the other hand, James and QRich are off the cap. Balkman is up for a $2.9M qualifying offer and the team has options for Chandler at $2.1M and for Collins at $2.7M. As matters now stand, we have no first round draft pick for 2010. Zach's contract for the 2010/11 season is $17.3M, Curry's - player option - is $11.3, Crawford's is $10.1 and Jefferies - player option - is $6.9M. Barring trades and the non-exercise of team options, the Knicks will have salaries in the $70M plus range for 2010/11.

There is no real cap relief until the 2011/12 season. There is a team option for Chandler in that season for $3.1M, but otherwise no current commitments.

The players we want to trade now have extended contracts at salaries that other teams are not likely to want to carry. Zach, Curry and Crawford are with us until 2011/12. QRich and James are with us through 2009/10 and Jeffries is with us through 2010/11.

Crawford's and Curry's salaries are substantial, but not that bad. There may be some teams interested. Zach's contract is very substantial. He is going to be almost impossible to move. As I noted in a previous post, his numbers and remaining years are similar to Kirilenko's.

Sure it would be great to get expiring contracts and draft picks for our overpaid players, but I don't see that happening. We are not getting Kobe for James.

The Knicks need some patience. Maybe a new GM will work some magic. I just hope we can get the 2010 first round pick back from Utah. But I do not see us getting sufficiently under the cap by the time LeBron can opt out. And if LeBron ever comes to New York, I am afraid he intends to join Jay-Z in Brooklyn.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
All incoming contracts will expire in 09/10 or sooner.

Denver trade

Jamal Crawford/Marty Collins
for
Steve Hunter (shot blocker)
Linas Kleiza (young beast)
Chucky Atkins (trade bait)

Sacramento trade

Zach Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Jarred Jeffries
for
Brad Miller
Ron Artest

Minnesota trade

Eddie Curry/Renaldo Balkman
Juwan Howard
Greg Buckner

Finished product
B. Miller/Hunter/James
D. Lee/Howard
Artest/Kleiza
Buckner/Jones
(Marbury)/Mayo/Robinson

yo check yourself b wat u got against starbury? i thawt he expired after next season y tha fukc u want him gone b? it makes cents 2 keep him 4 1 more year he aint even that bad did they say he was gon b traded? is that y u sayin that?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ben Gordon
Drew Godden

For Z Bo

Swap our number 3 or so pick for Chicago's 14th

Yes we are helping Chicago improve again with giving up the pick, but this time we help ourselves too!

Oops I meant Chicago's 10th or 11th pick, the kid from Uconn or Hibbert should still be available. I would then call up Sac offer them the same package that Isiah said was too much for Ron, which was, Curry, Balkman (hate to see you go!) and Nate (you too) for Ron and maybe get Garcia off of them.

Just had to say it again. These two moves are very realistic and they would improve us. I think with Curry's injury and his regression this year, we would either have to take a semi bad contract (ie. Kenny Thomas) or give up a pick (probably can get it protected) in my Sac trade. But I would give up the pick if it gets us in a decent cap situation by 2010, and not for Lebron, he is not coming to The Knicks period! Just so we can be ready to sign any player at anytime without needing a sign and trade (ie Bulls being able to sign BenWallace, or Orlando Rashard Lewis)

dre48ny

Rotation player
We gotta ride starbury's contract one more year. Unless we get a current top 5 superstar in return it makes no sense to trade him for just another player with a big and long-term contract. Patience is the key. If we find any suitors for Curry and we are able to get a shorter term contract than his, it would be great. At this point it's better to make less moves and let some of our current contracts expire.

Q-Rich and jerome James should be bought out or waived. These guys only set us back further. They should not even be in the roster at all.

Malik will come off the cap so things are slowly gonna turn around.

Unfortunately, Isaiah's moves caused severe damage and it will take time to recover from this disaster. Hope we get a good draft pick and go from there.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Everybody has to forget about Artest coming to New York if Donnie Walsh is our GM. After the "Malace in the Palace" there is no way Donnie Walsh would risk taking him again. Also, we can forget about Rick Carlisle being our coach too. Just a couple of reasons to not have Donnie Walsh as our GM, including the fact that he is good friends with Isiah and will probably keep him as our coach.

Everybody has to forget about Artest coming to New York if Donnie Walsh is our GM. After the "Malace in the Palace" there is no way Donnie Walsh would risk taking him again. Also, we can forget about Rick Carlisle being our coach too. Just a couple of reasons to not have Donnie Walsh as our GM, including the fact that he is good friends with Isiah and will probably keep him as our coach.
isiah is the best option but if i had to chose smeone else it woud be donnie walsh. he will keep isiah as our coach. y would anyone want a new coacj when isiah alredy familar with the team. the knciks will hav a tough time making the playofsf with a diffrnet coach.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
isiah is the best option but if i had to chose smeone else it woud be donnie walsh. he will keep isiah as our coach. y would anyone want a new coacj when isiah alredy familar with the team. the knciks will hav a tough time making the playofsf with a diffrnet coach.
i hate u so much i hope they banned you from the site i hope a car crashes you and u die

donchris

All incoming contracts will expire in 09/10 or sooner.

Denver trade

Jamal Crawford/Marty Collins
for
Steve Hunter (shot blocker)
Linas Kleiza (young beast)
Chucky Atkins (trade bait)

Sacramento trade

Zach Randolph, Wilson Chandler, Jarred Jeffries
for
Brad Miller
Ron Artest

Minnesota trade

Eddie Curry/Renaldo Balkman
Juwan Howard
Greg Buckner

Finished product
B. Miller/Hunter/James
D. Lee/Howard
Artest/Kleiza
Buckner/Jones
(Marbury)/Mayo/Robinson

I think these are great trades. I invite constructive critiques of this trade.
Feed back please.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Creative trade ideas Donchris. But the only one I see having any chance of happening is the Eddy Curry/Renaldo Balkman trade to Minnesota.

I don't think Denver wants Jamal Crawford. They already have enough shooters. The Nuggets desperately need a consistent low-post threat and a true point guard.

Like I said before, if Donnie Walsh is our GM, Ron Artest will not be in a Knick uniform. Plus, I don't think Sacramento (or anybody) wants Randolph's fat contract. His value has seriously dropped after Portland paying to get rid of him and improving after he left, and the Knicks trying to trade him for nothing (to Milwaukee) after only 6 months. Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with Randolph for a while.

donchris

Thanks for the feed back LJ. I agree the Minnesota trade is the most probable but the Sac trade could happen. Randolph is an all-star caliber player, a 20/10 night in, night out guy. Miller is declining but can still be a force. If Sac is looking to the future they've got to consider this trade.

Trading to Denver I'll admit is a shot in the dark. But Denver is desperate. They've got contracts that are nearly as bad as ours. Kenyon Martin is locked and completely untradable. The idea is to get Kleiza. Knicks are sleeping on Europeans.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trading with Denver

Denver's bad contracts are with Kenyon Martin and Nene. Martin's contract, like Zach's, extends through 2010/11 and is at almost equal amounts through that season - just slightly less than Zach's. Nene's contract is slightly higher than Curry's but extends through the 2011/12 season. Curry's ends the year before. I don't think the Knicks can get Kleiza without taking Martin or Nene - and most likely Martin.

I agree that Kleiza is a nice player and that the Knicks have been sleeping on the Europeans. But let us not forget Frederic Weis who was chosen when Artest was still available. The Knicks have also avoided the high schoolers and a lot of them have really developed.

Kiyaman

Legend
The state inwhich this Knick team is in,the first thing in orderly fashion to do is hire a new President, G.M., and then hire a veteran head coach "Rick Carlisle" that brings in his own coaching-staff (4 year contract).
Give the veteran coach the priviledge of coaching this 15 man roster into his own game-plan-system, with the right to pick which players he want traded, and to select the type of players he wants on his 15 man roster
within the next 3 seasons.
This Knick Team is a 3 year work in progress team.
Within the last 2 seasons the head-coach did not instill a team system on offense or defense.

paris401

Starter
i'll start by saying 'i have been wrong before', but i do not see anyone taking zach,or curry, or jerome, or jefferies, or starbury, or qrich...

maybe someone will want jamal , tho i doubt this tooo...

so our club next year will be the above 7 players + lee/nate/balkman/collins/chandler...