Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Webber retiring make me think of the worst trade ever

Veteran

Nyk Logo Chris Webber retiring make me think of the worst trade ever

The Knicks and other teams made some stupid and dum trades but no trade in the NBA was worst than the Webber draft trade.

The Orlando Magic drafted Shaq in 1992, and then drafted Chris Webber in 1993.
    Those two players in a lineup is a Championship Trophy in the next 3 to 5 seasons.
    I dont recall who was Orlando President or G.M. but they should've been banned from watching a NBA game after the trade for Penny Hardaway for Webber.
    PG-Skiles would've had his best NBA career season with "Shaq & Webber" in the 93-94 season (Shaq was unstoppable in his Rookie season).

The Houston Rockets drafted Ralph Sampson in 1983, and then drafted Olyjuwan in 1984, and went to the FINALS in the 1984-85 season.

I like the way Chris Webber is talking about all the great PG's he played with that enhanced his game (to bad we cant say the samething about Marbury improving any Bigman game). However, I believe it was Lonnie Divac that took Webber talent to the next level.

in retrospect, its easy to think that.

Back then Penny Hardaway was an amazing superstar. (Remember lil Penny?)

And back then, C-Web was known for having a real bad attitude and me first take on the game. Eventually C-Web matured and became an ambassador like pressance for the NBA.

Banned

kiyaman still not makin any sense. I told you to cut back on the kiya man. You the worst poster on here.

Penny hardaway was just as good as webber. the Magic went to the finals in 1995.

i don't think so.that tandem would've been awesome no doubt,but who was gonna get them the ball?

I gotta say i dont have to try to think of several trades worse then this. Penny and Shaq made a great duo, who knows what woulda happened if they stuck together and penny didnt have all them injuries. IT11 is actually rite, they made it to the Finals in 95 where Hakeem the Dream took Shaq to school. Webber had alot of injuries when he was in Sacramento but he had a better career then Penny mainly for the reason that he was healthier.

Also, Webber didn't develop a consistent jumpshot until later in his career. I don't think the Webber/Shaq tandem would have been as successful as some of you might think.

Yeah, that '95 Orlando team was really good. Nick Anderson, Penny, Dennis Scott, Horace Grant and Shaq. But Hakeem truly was "the Dream".

They've been a lot of bad NBA trades but the one you mention here wasn't one of them. As a matter a fact the Webber for Mitch Richmond trade was infinitely more worse. Off the top of my head Kwame Brown for Caron Butler has got to be one of the worst ever trades.

Originally Posted by Eddy Currys House Special
    They've been a lot of bad NBA trades but the one you mention here wasn't one of them. As a matter a fact the Webber for Mitch Richmond trade was infinitely more worse. Off the top of my head Kwame Brown for Caron Butler has got to be one of the worst ever trades.
    I gotta agree with you for a change, both those trades were terrible. What about Kwame for Gasol? Sweetney, tim thomas, 1st round picks for Curry? who was traded to the charlotte hornets for Kobe Bryant? thats gotta be the worst trade ever.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I gotta agree with you for a change, both those trades were terrible. What about Kwame for Gasol? Sweetney, tim thomas, 1st round picks for Curry? who was traded to the charlotte hornets for Kobe Bryant? thats gotta be the worst trade ever.
    I might be wrong but off the top of my head I think the Lakers sent Vlade Divac for the Hornets first round pick that year. Not the worst trade in the world given the circumstances.

I might be wrong but off the top of my head I think the Lakers sent Vlade Divac for the Hornets first round pick that year. Not the worst trade in the world given the circumstances.
    At that point Kobe was just an athletic kid who came outta high school. I think it was Vlade Divac. This would have to go into a seperate category of trades that turned out terrible. Isiah is the King of making trades that you know at the time are bad like the Steve Francis trade. Some say Larry Brown told Isiah to make the trade. Theres no proof of anything so it has to fall on Isiah. Even if Brown told him to make the trade its the gms job to make trades, not the coaches.

KnicksonLIN.com

Wanna know a bad trade? This is a bad trade. I think you all remember this one.

2005 offseason:
    The Knicks President of basketball operations(Isiah Thomas) trades Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, a 2006 first round pick, a 2006 second round pick, a 2007 first round pick, and a 2009 second round pick for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis(who made 13 million per year at the time).

This definitely has to be up there with one of the worst trades in franchise history, and in NBA history.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    However, I believe it was Lonnie Divac that took Webber talent to the next level.
    lol @ 'Lonnie' Divac that is too too funny a mistake

Banned

lol @ 'Lonnie' Divac that is too too funny a mistake
    Its too funny that u r laughing about a mistake when thats wat u r. U never got back to me in the other thread dickhead. What do they call u again??? pancakes??? how about omelette or hash browns??? You made a misteke when you made the poll ? you forgot to put Isiah you sucka dickhead hash brown. They dont like me and they dont like u. We got somethin in common. Hers a hash brown video

Banned

how come my videos not wokring???

KnicksonLIN.com

[quote=IsiahThomas11;52000]Its too funny that u r laughing about a mistake when thats wat u r. U never got back to me in the other thread dickhead. What do they call u again??? pancakes??? how about omelette or hash browns??? You made a misteke when you made the poll ? you forgot to put Isiah you sucka dickhead hash brown. They dont like me and they dont like u. We got somethin in common. Hers a hash brown video
    lol Good post