Chris Webber retiring make me think of the worst trade ever

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks and other teams made some stupid and dum trades but no trade in the NBA was worst than the Webber draft trade.

The Orlando Magic drafted Shaq in 1992, and then drafted Chris Webber in 1993.
Those two players in a lineup is a Championship Trophy in the next 3 to 5 seasons.
I dont recall who was Orlando President or G.M. but they should've been banned from watching a NBA game after the trade for Penny Hardaway for Webber.
PG-Skiles would've had his best NBA career season with "Shaq & Webber" in the 93-94 season (Shaq was unstoppable in his Rookie season).

The Houston Rockets drafted Ralph Sampson in 1983, and then drafted Olyjuwan in 1984, and went to the FINALS in the 1984-85 season.

I like the way Chris Webber is talking about all the great PG's he played with that enhanced his game (to bad we cant say the samething about Marbury improving any Bigman game). However, I believe it was Lonnie Divac that took Webber talent to the next level.

Starks

Starter
in retrospect, its easy to think that.

Back then Penny Hardaway was an amazing superstar. (Remember lil Penny?)

And back then, C-Web was known for having a real bad attitude and me first take on the game. Eventually C-Web matured and became an ambassador like pressance for the NBA.

kiyaman still not makin any sense. I told you to cut back on the kiya man. You the worst poster on here.

Penny hardaway was just as good as webber. the Magic went to the finals in 1995.

ANU

Starter
i don't think so.that tandem would've been awesome no doubt,but who was gonna get them the ball?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I gotta say i dont have to try to think of several trades worse then this. Penny and Shaq made a great duo, who knows what woulda happened if they stuck together and penny didnt have all them injuries. IT11 is actually rite, they made it to the Finals in 95 where Hakeem the Dream took Shaq to school. Webber had alot of injuries when he was in Sacramento but he had a better career then Penny mainly for the reason that he was healthier.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Also, Webber didn't develop a consistent jumpshot until later in his career. I don't think the Webber/Shaq tandem would have been as successful as some of you might think.

Yeah, that '95 Orlando team was really good. Nick Anderson, Penny, Dennis Scott, Horace Grant and Shaq. But Hakeem truly was "the Dream".

They've been a lot of bad NBA trades but the one you mention here wasn't one of them. As a matter a fact the Webber for Mitch Richmond trade was infinitely more worse. Off the top of my head Kwame Brown for Caron Butler has got to be one of the worst ever trades.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
They've been a lot of bad NBA trades but the one you mention here wasn't one of them. As a matter a fact the Webber for Mitch Richmond trade was infinitely more worse. Off the top of my head Kwame Brown for Caron Butler has got to be one of the worst ever trades.

I gotta agree with you for a change, both those trades were terrible. What about Kwame for Gasol? Sweetney, tim thomas, 1st round picks for Curry? who was traded to the charlotte hornets for Kobe Bryant? thats gotta be the worst trade ever.

I gotta agree with you for a change, both those trades were terrible. What about Kwame for Gasol? Sweetney, tim thomas, 1st round picks for Curry? who was traded to the charlotte hornets for Kobe Bryant? thats gotta be the worst trade ever.

I might be wrong but off the top of my head I think the Lakers sent Vlade Divac for the Hornets first round pick that year. Not the worst trade in the world given the circumstances.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I might be wrong but off the top of my head I think the Lakers sent Vlade Divac for the Hornets first round pick that year. Not the worst trade in the world given the circumstances.

At that point Kobe was just an athletic kid who came outta high school. I think it was Vlade Divac. This would have to go into a seperate category of trades that turned out terrible. Isiah is the King of making trades that you know at the time are bad like the Steve Francis trade. Some say Larry Brown told Isiah to make the trade. Theres no proof of anything so it has to fall on Isiah. Even if Brown told him to make the trade its the gms job to make trades, not the coaches.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wanna know a bad trade? This is a bad trade. I think you all remember this one.

2005 offseason:
The Knicks President of basketball operations(Isiah Thomas) trades Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, a 2006 first round pick, a 2006 second round pick, a 2007 first round pick, and a 2009 second round pick for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis(who made 13 million per year at the time).

This definitely has to be up there with one of the worst trades in franchise history, and in NBA history.

lol @ 'Lonnie' Divac that is too too funny a mistake
Its too funny that u r laughing about a mistake when thats wat u r. U never got back to me in the other thread dickhead. What do they call u again??? pancakes??? how about omelette or hash browns??? You made a misteke when you made the poll ? you forgot to put Isiah you sucka dickhead hash brown. They dont like me and they dont like u. We got somethin in common. Hers a hash brown video

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Its too funny that u r laughing about a mistake when thats wat u r. U never got back to me in the other thread dickhead. What do they call u again??? pancakes??? how about omelette or hash browns??? You made a misteke when you made the poll ? you forgot to put Isiah you sucka dickhead hash brown. They dont like me and they dont like u. We got somethin in common. Hers a hash brown video
lol Good post

lol Good post
thanks id ont like him and kiyman. if i was the mod i would ban them. Im going to make a real poll with isiah in it. Do u know what i did wrong withthe youtube video?

Kiyaman

Legend
In 1993 Shaq & Webber would've been the start of a NBA Dynasty in Orlando.

Both Shaq & Webber were the first picks of the draft.
The college hype of Penny Hardaway being the next Magic Johnson ala Jordan, I am not taking anything away from Penny, but Penny was the 3rd pick.
Shaq Rookie season the only person or team that was able to hold Rookie Shaq down during his rookie (92-93) season was Olyjuwan Rockets (not to mention how Rookie Sam Cassel ate PG-Penny & SG-Scott up in the FINALS with a SWEEP!). Shaq ate Ewing & Oakley up during his rookie season.

Building around Shaq in his second season in the NBA by putting another strong presence alongside of him in the frontcourt like Fab-5 PF-Webber would've been the same as twin-towers "Sampson & Olyjuwan", or "Robinson & Duncan", or even the one year of "Cartwright & Ewing" that so many Knick fans forgot about which gave late draft PG-Mark Jackson the ROY when having the choice of two 20/10 7.0 centers to dump the ball down to.

All the trades that was metioned on this thread as being worst than Webber on draft night had nothing to do with the start of a Dynasty Team.
Maybe if the Spurs would've traded Duncan and he never got the chance to play with and live with David Robinson in his Mansion for a year would've been a worst trade than Webber.