Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Dolan wants Isiah to stay...

  1. #1
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Dolan wants Isiah to stay...

    This is what I suspected, with Isiah tanking games and hiring Donnie Walsh, I had a feeling that Isiah would stay as head coach. Can somebody please assassinate Dolan and Isiah? The nightmare will not end unless these two are gone.

    From Daily News Thursday, March 27th 2008 BY FRANK ISOLA
    James Dolan will not stand in the way of Donnie Walsh removing Isiah Thomas as the Knicks' head coach, according to a team source, but Dolan has made it clear that his "preference" is to keep Thomas on the sidelines.

    As absurd as it may sound, Dolan is not prepared to completely sever ties with Thomas, whose record as an executive and head coach is among the worst in franchise history. The Knicks have not had a winning season with Thomas in charge and he was also was at the center of an embarrassing sexual harassment case that saw a jury rule in favor of a former Madison Square Garden female executive.

    "There isn't a basketball executive alive who would keep Isiah as head coach, but Jim is telling whoever he interviews, 'I would prefer to keep Isiah but you do what you have to do,'" said the source, who is close to Dolan, the Garden chairman. "If Isiah isn't the coach, Jim still wants him to stay in the organization in some capacity."

    Even one Knicks player said Wednesday that it's time for Thomas to go.

    "If they're going to keep him here, you can't keep him as the coach," said the player, before the Knicks held on to beat the woeful Miami Heat, 103-96 in overtime, Wedmesday night. "That won't work. He can't come back and coach the team."

    The Knicks have a handshake agreement with Walsh, the former Indiana Pacers CEO, to run the basketball operation. The two sides are working to finalize the deal.

    Dolan's presence, however, could complicate negotiations. Dolan's business relationships with Dave Checketts, Jeff Van Gundy, Lenny Wilkens, Marv Albert and Larry Brown did not end well, and Walsh knows all five. If Walsh reaches out to Brown, that could also work against the Knicks.

    Brown was fired after one season as head coach, and although he feels betrayed by Thomas, Brown blames Dolan for making the last three months of his Knicks career miserable. Although Dolan knew that he was preparing to fire Brown, he still required Brown to attend workouts for prospective draft picks.

    Dolan then refused to pay Brown and used a clause in Brown's contract that made NBA commissioner David Stern an arbitrator in the dispute. Brown felt that Dolan's intention was not only to keep from paying him but to damage his reputation as well.

    That Dolan would like to retain Thomas in some capacity may raise red flags in Walsh's camp. Ever since Dolan took a more active role in the day-to-day operations of the club, the Knicks have become a laughingstock NBA franchise.

    Wednesday night's victory upped Thomas' record to 43-100 in two seasons as Knicks head coach. His team is regarded as one of the least prepared and worst conditioned in the NBA.

    Meanwhile, Thomas has essentially stopped working. He canceled practice on Tuesday and then conducted an 18-minute game-day shoot-around yesterday. He also continued his habit of showing up later than normal for games - which he has done more than a dozen times - blaming it on traffic.Yet when Thomas finally arrived last night, he told reporters, "I love the game. I love being around it."

    Thomas' questionable work ethic is rubbing off on his players. While the Heat had eight players going through drills 90 minutes before tip-off, the Knicks' end of the court was vacant. Several players, including Malik Rose, David Lee and Mardy Collins, went through pregame drills, but the contrast was startling.

    If Walsh agrees to run the Knicks, he likely will make a coaching change, and the most likely candidates are former Knick Mark Jackson, former Bulls coach Scott Skiles and current Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau.

    But first he will have to do something that Dolan, for whatever reason, is reluctant to do: fire Thomas. The Daily News reported last month that the Knicks spoke to former Nets assistant GM Kiki Vandeweghe and that Dolan expressed a desire to keep Thomas on the bench at that time, too. Both Vandeweghe and the Knicks have denied talking.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Mar 27, 2008 at 10:42.

  2. #2
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I'm pretty sure Malik Rose is the player that gave those remarks.

    I swear, the Knicks would make a great film for an ESPN movie. There are so many holes in what goes on behind the scenes ever since the day Checkets left that need to be uncovered.

    Maybe a book instead of a movie?

    There is so much dirt on Thomas, from Brown to Don Chaney to Marbury to Knicks beat reporters, that is has become a bonafied wonder of the world why this man still has a job.

    Is he blowing Dolan behind the scenes? Is Thomas blackmailing Dolan all this time?

    There is not one Executive in the NBA that would want Thomas coming into contact with their franchise.

    Thomas doesn't show any interest in this team and it shows by the way the Knicks don't even run proffesional shootarounds before games. Look at the Heat. They have a record worst than NY and they still come prepared, 90 minutes before a game ready to play while the Knicks show up late and joke around.

    Everything about this team is just pathetic and it starts with the coach

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I Got my wish!!! How do you all feel about that. It looks like Isiah Thomas is here to stay. This year is ****ed up but last year Isiah did his job. NNext year will be the same scenaryo. A couple of trades and like that walsh and isiah will have this team back on track like they had the pacers before walsh hired bird.

    Can somente please assasinate Lj4ptplay and Starks.?

  4. #4
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by IsiahThomas11
    I Got my wish!!! How do you all feel about that. It looks like Isiah Thomas is here to stay. This year is ****ed up but last year Isiah did his job. NNext year will be the same scenaryo. A couple of trades and like that walsh and isiah will have this team back on track like they had the pacers before walsh hired bird.

    Can somente please assasinate Lj4ptplay and Starks.?
    You are ridiculous. Noone takes you seriously.

    Not a single above .500 season for 6 years as GM and a 40-100 record as coach and "regarded as one of the least prepared and worst conditioned in the NBA."

    What else do you need to understand that Isiah is destroying this franchise. There is no possible way you are a Knick fan.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You are ridiculous. Noone takes you seriously.

    Not a single above .500 season for 6 years as GM and a 40-100 record as coach and "regarded as one of the least prepared and worst conditioned in the NBA."

    What else do you need to understand that Isiah is destroying this franchise. There is no possible way you are a Knick fan.
    Im a knicks fan but I used to be a pistons fan when isiah played. isiah didnt destroy the franchise. impateint fans like u destryed the team. If ny fans had more pateince isiah would've picked andrew bynum instead of

    frye. He had to play it safe becuase of fans like u. ITS THE FANS FUALT!!!!!!


  6. #6
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    To the Thomas poster.

    I challange you to present your case to Knicksonline.com to state 5 reasons why Isaiha should remain coach, or even part of this organization.

    I'm afraid no one here will ever take you seriously and continue to dismiss you as a fool until you do so.

    I haven't heard one person on this earth go on the record and make a case for Thomas staying here besides Magic Johnson (I wonder if he still feels the same). Maybe you can be the first?

    Do your homework and comeback to us with some intellect. Show us how intelligent of basketball mind you are.

    Better yet, pretend this is a job interview for the Knicks.

    Here's the question, What proof do you have to support Thomas after the all his failures here?

    The Knicks are the most ill prepared team in the league and went from a yearly playoff bound team to a joke that hasn't one a single playoff game in all of Thomas tenure, what proof do you have that he should stay?

    Thomas is an offical sex offender, what does that do for the reputation of the Knicks by not commenting on his past or reprimanding him?

    Why should fans continue to support a man who his own teammates have quit on months ago?

    I can go on and on, but until you can intelligently answer these questions, you will just be placed on everyone's ignore list.

    To Knicks online-

    Don't pay him mind until he can come back to us with a well thought out dialogue on why we should take his claims seriously.

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by IsiahThomas11
    Im a knicks fan but I used to be a pistons fan when isiah played. isiah didnt destroy the franchise. impateint fans like u destryed the team. If ny fans had more pateince isiah would've picked andrew bynum instead of

    frye. He had to play it safe becuase of fans like u. ITS THE FANS FUALT!!!!!!

    Like I said, you are ridiculous. It's obvious you are a bogus poster. You need to get laid, or something, because you obviously have no life. You come on here and pretend to be an Isiah supporter to instigate foolish arguments. You should just go away now. Thanks.

  8. #8
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    dolan is a ****ing bitch.i swear,what the **** has isiah done to merit him staying here.mufukas stupid.i swear man.both of them should shoot themselves.

  9. #9
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Here is another quote from Newsday:
    Unless the 67-year-old Walsh backs out, he is their man without a search. No other possible candidates, such as Jerry West or Jerry Colangelo, have been contacted or expect to be. A person with knowledge of the situation said Colangelo was aware a change was coming in New York but was told the Knicks were not interested in him.
    Dolan has to be the biggest idiot on the planet. Ever since he has taken over this team, the Knicks have become a joke of a franchise. He won't even contact Colangelo or West. Just hire Donnie Walsh without interviewing anybody else and keep Isiah as the head coach. Unbelievable.

  10. #10
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Here is another quote from Newsday:


    Dolan has to be the biggest idiot on the planet. Ever since he has taken over this team, the Knicks have become a joke of a franchise. He won't even contact Colangelo or West. Just hire Donnie Walsh without interviewing anybody else and keep Isiah as the head coach. Unbelievable.
    yo the city should get involved with this **** no more tax breaks for the garden

  11. #11
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    yo the city should get involved with this **** no more tax breaks for the garden
    Fans can't do much about it. I'm afraid the Garden makes too much money by default: Corporate Seating always renewed and Tourists (the only ones who cheer at the games)

    The media has to save us. I would go as far to publishing controversial claims like "Dolan slept with a number of employees and Thomas is holding it against him and the Dolan family"

    Anything to get national attention and force the Dolans to comment on the state of the Knicks and get David Stern to come in and clean up the mess

  12. #12
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    This is terrible news, we need to find a female that works at MSG to set up Dolan. I like your idea starks but lets give it a gay twist just for more embarrassment and start sumthin like this: (Isiah) "He (dolan) raped me for hours. Its been swelled up for days. I cant even go to the bathroom." (no homo)

    Im sorry to those who have weak stomachs, that was very disgusting. On the real theres gotta be an MSG empolyee whos willing to set up Dolan for some cash. Can we hook up Isiahthomas11 with a spell check or sumthin? lol @ him blaming the fans like his father/lover/role model Isiah did. Im not sure what the connection is between the poster and the real Isiah thomas but if this dudes stayin hes gotta learn how to spell better. thekidd has become a better speller. If IT11 stays, hes gonna cop himself the Sammysosa award.

  13. #13
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    This is terrible news, we need to find a female that works at MSG to set up Dolan. I like your idea starks but lets give it a gay twist just for more embarrassment and start sumthin like this: (Isiah) "He (dolan) raped me for hours. Its been swelled up for days. I cant even go to the bathroom." (no homo)

    Im sorry to those who have weak stomachs, that was very disgusting. On the real theres gotta be an MSG empolyee whos willing to set up Dolan for some cash. Can we hook up Isiahthomas11 with a spell check or sumthin? lol @ him blaming the fans like his father/lover/role model Isiah did. Im not sure what the connection is between the poster and the real Isiah thomas but if this dudes stayin hes gotta learn how to spell better. thekidd has become a better speller. If IT11 stays, hes gonna cop himself the Sammysosa award.
    Yea, i think some kind of covert op set up would be a fine idea. Think about it.

    Presidents and world leaders have been set up and have their careers ruined by setups and media manipulation. How hard is it to set up a moron like Dolan.

    Somewhere on knicksonline there has got to a poster brave enough to submit a tip to the Daily News about being raped by Thomas and Dolan. I think its gona have to be the Thomas poster if we want it to be plausible

  14. #14
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Yea, i think some kind of covert op set up would be a fine idea. Think about it.

    Presidents and world leaders have been set up and have their careers ruined by setups and media manipulation. How hard is it to set up a moron like Dolan.

    Somewhere on knicksonline there has got to a poster brave enough to submit a tip to the Daily News about being raped by Thomas and Dolan. I think its gona have to be the Thomas poster if we want it to be plausible
    lol it could work if we find someone who has connections to MSG. Maybe we can find the intern that Marbury f*cked and have her say that Dolan attempted to rape her but had problems keepin it up. Not only would that possibly get him fired but that would also be embarrassing.

  15. #15
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    lol it could work if we find someone who has connections to MSG. Maybe we can find the intern that Marbury f*cked and have her say that Dolan attempted to rape her but had problems keepin it up. Not only would that possibly get him fired but that would also be embarrassing.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Dec 09, 2007, 16:00
  2. Thoughts on Knicks 2007-8 season
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 30, 2007, 00:06
  3. James Dolan: smug and arrogant.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 24, 2007, 02:54
  4. Dolan Would Only Contact West 'If Isiah Asked For It'
    By killerinstinct in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Apr 21, 2007, 02:04
  5. Dolan Would Only Contact West 'If Isiah Asked For It'
    By killerinstinct in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 18, 2007, 15:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •