Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what possilble trades do you believe the knicks should make?

Default what possilble trades do you believe the knicks should make?

steph to where for who?
    randolf and curry as well?for who and to where do you believe they should make trades to and with?

A while ago I posted a trade the Knicks should make with clevland. I think we saw this trading deadline. clevland was looking to upgrade and spend money to win now with Lebron. After the moves they made I have to change the trade but it still works for us. This is the only team in the NBA that has enough large short term contracts that we could do this with. This puts us in perfect position to be way under the cap for the big free agent year and get some draft pics. Here it is

The Knicks trade

Marbury 1 year 19 million
    Z BO 3 year 13.3 million
    JAMAl 3 year 7.9 million
    J Jefferies 3 year 5.6 million\

Total 46.8 million

Cleveland trades

2 first round draft picks

Wally Z 1 year 12.2 million
    Ben Wallace 2 years 15.5 million
    Illgauskas 2 years 10.1 million
    Eric Snow 1 year 6.7 million

Total 44.7 Million

Why this works

Clevleands new staring team
    Marbury
    Crawford
    Lebron
    ZBO
    Varejo

Knicks new starting team
    (Add the two players we draft this year)

Nate
    Snow
    Balkman
    Lee
    Wallace

Cleveland is now the fav. in the east to win and the knicks are in prime position to be well under the cap. when Lebron and co are freeagents and we get two extra draft pics. Yes this team is not that good next year. but we completely turn this team around into a winner in 3-4 years.
    <!-- / message -->

I just can't resist. I could see Cleveland taking on one of the 3 players. But the Knicks have a better chance of winning 5 straight games then Cleveland taking on all three.

Cleveland has television and reads newspapers they can obviously tell that Zbo, Crawford, and Marbury is a failed experiment.

Its sad to say but the combo of West/Gibson Varejo and Biz Z is far superior then Crawford, Marbury, and Zbo
    Last edited by GetRealistic; Mar 26, 2008 at 17:28.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Trade for

expiring contracts
    draft picks
    players with good work ethic
    players that can fill our weaknesses
    players on the incline, not decline

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Trade for

expiring contracts
    draft picks

we are getting all expiring contracts. Unfortunately you cannot find contracts that expire this year so you may have to do it for contracts that expire for 2 years. Im still for it.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    I just can't resist. I could see Cleveland taking on one of the 3 players. But the Knicks have a better chance of winning 5 straight games then Cleveland taking on all three.

Cleveland has television and reads newspapers they can obviously tell that Zbo, Crawford, and Marbury is a failed experiment.

Its sad to say but the combo of West/Gibson Varejo and Biz Z is far superior then Crawford, Marbury, and Zbo
    I think the combo of mar, craw, james, zbo, varajo make cleveland a powerhouse. it puts them as an elite team not only in the east but in the whole league. instead of being third behind boston and detriot. also all of these players contracts expire one year after james. so they are only stuck with them one year after james leaves and they can rebuild quickly.

in all honesty.i'd keep steph so his contract comes off the books,and who knows,lebron said he loves the garden.james and mayo.sounds like a samich.i think bron's been making plans.

Superstar

Default Trades

The Knicks are likely to be in a rebuilding mode for the next couple of years. The Knicks owe Utah a first round pick. This, believe it or not, is the result of the acquisition of Marbury from Phoenix. The is fully protected for this year and more than reasonably protected for next year, but it becomes unprotected in 2010. It would be nice to get that pick back.

Kirilenko and Zach Randolph have almost identical contracts. Each runs through 2010/11. Kirilenko's is just slightly higher in each of the next three years. I would prefer Kirilenko to Zach Randolph. I can not imagine what interest Utah might have in Zach, but Kirilenko has had some troubles with Sloan. Perhaps with Zach and someone else we could get Kirilenko and that draft pick back.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Trade for

expiring contracts
    draft picks
    Ben Gordon
    Drew Godden

For Z Bo

Swap our number 3 or so pick for Chicago's 14th

Yes we are helping Chicago improve again with giving up the pick, but this time we help ourselves too!

Originally Posted by ANU
    in all honesty.i'd keep steph so his contract comes off the books,and who knows,lebron said he loves the garden.james and mayo.sounds like a samich.i think bron's been making plans.

Stephs contract coming off the books is a good point. but the truth is if we can package him with someone else for a draft pic and other contracts that come off the books before lebron is a free agent than it suits us better.

Ron Artest

KnicksonLIN.com

Trade Eddy Curry and Mardy Collins for Al Harrington or Mike Miller

buyout Quentin Richardson
    buyout Jared Jeffries
    Waive Jerome James.

Oops I meant Chicago's 10th or 11th pick, the kid from Uconn or Hibbert should still be available. I would then call up Sac offer them the same package that Isiah said was too much for Ron, which was, Curry, Balkman (hate to see you go!) and Nate (you too) for Ron and maybe get Garcia off of them.

So my two trades combined amount to

C-De Andre Jordan, or Thabeet
    PF- D Lee.
    SF- Ron
    SG- Q
    PG- Arroyo-first free agent signing

Bench

Crawford- not as bad at the sixth man spot
    Wilson Chandler
    Garcia- can play SG and SF in spirts
    Mardy- Yahoo sports just named him hottest PG in Fantasy basketball! Still means nothing, but is a nice backup to Arroyo
    Diop- 2nd free agent.

Yep I know what you are thinking, this team sucks on offense! and you are right, however they are everything the Knicks are not now, a cheap defensive minded bunch. Will this team win a title together, probably not. But they are good start to winning for us!

Originally Posted by New New York
    Oops I meant Chicago's 10th or 11th pick, the kid from Uconn or Hibbert should still be available. I would then call up Sac offer them the same package that Isiah said was too much for Ron, which was, Curry, Balkman (hate to see you go!) and Nate (you too) for Ron and maybe get Garcia off of them.

So my two trades combined amount to

C-De Andre Jordan, or Thabeet
    PF- D Lee.
    SF- Ron
    SG- Q
    PG- Arroyo-first free agent signing

Bench

Crawford- not as bad at the sixth man spot
    Wilson Chandler
    Garcia- can play SG and SF in spirts
    Mardy- Yahoo sports just named him hottest PG in Fantasy basketball! Still means nothing, but is a nice backup to Arroyo
    Diop- 2nd free agent.

Yep I know what you are thinking, this team sucks on offense! and you are right, however they are everything the Knicks are not now, a cheap defensive minded bunch. Will this team win a title together, probably not. But they are good start to winning for us!

Ill tell ya what. that works for me. I hear there is a team in new york looking for gm you should apply

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    The Knicks are likely to be in a rebuilding mode for the next couple of years. The Knicks owe Utah a first round pick. This, believe it or not, is the result of the acquisition of Marbury from Phoenix. The is fully protected for this year and more than reasonably protected for next year, but it becomes unprotected in 2010. It would be nice to get that pick back.

Kirilenko and Zach Randolph have almost identical contracts. Each runs through 2010/11. Kirilenko's is just slightly higher in each of the next three years. I would prefer Kirilenko to Zach Randolph. I can not imagine what interest Utah might have in Zach, but Kirilenko has had some troubles with Sloan. Perhaps with Zach and someone else we could get Kirilenko and that draft pick back.
    i've always thought about kirilenko as a knick cause of his defense

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Ron Artest
    and ron who's a free agent,and would probably be a knick at a discount.
    Originally Posted by abcd
    Trade Eddy Curry and Mardy Collins for Al Harrington or Mike Miller

buyout Quentin Richardson
    buyout Jared Jeffries
    Waive Jerome James.
    dolan is adept a throwing money away,this would by him some cheers for sure.