Thread: Artest is never going to happen

Hybrid View

Default Artest is never going to happen

Just heard an interview with Donnie Walsh on Stephen A Smith radio show. Smith asked about Artest and both men starting laughing and Donnie responded that would be a long discussion for another day. After Indiana that is never going to happen.

I did like what Walsh had to say he said, "I want professional who understand their jobs in the game of basketball."

Superstar

And thats a damn shame! Isiah should have pulled that trade off when he had the chance I guess, because it seems Walsh is coming in here with feelings n ****. The fac of the matter is with Artest, the Pacers were the best team in Basketball, without Artest the Pacers are .. well what they are now.. Argue it all you want, but the truth is the truth

Artest wasn't going to save this franchise. It just be a band aid over massive wound.

Walsh's got bigger better plans. It all starts with changing the culture of the team, and look at the new Media Policy as proof.

Superstar

adding Artest would have been more than a band-aid... The two things this team lacks most is heart and defense ... two things that Artest will bring in abundance. PLus he can score, plus he could motivate the team around him.

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    adding Artest would have been more than a band-aid... The two things this team lacks most is heart and defense ... two things that Artest will bring in abundance. PLus he can score, plus he could motivate the team around him.
    It looks like im on your team this time. I think theres some players that need to go before you can judge anyone on the Knicks. If you put Artest on the current knicks team it would be unfair to make an opinion on how he or anyone on the team plays. Artest is capable of slowing down the best small forwards in the league. Whenever the knicks make the playoffs artest would be a valuable player to have being in the same conference as Lebron James and Paul pierce. Stop hatin on him because he made a couple of mistakes in the past, hes one of the best defenders and he can score.

Ron Artests defense>>>your favorite players defense

Veteran

i like artest, but he is not the answer ...

the knicks are in the toliet for the next 1-2-3 years, so bringing in artest now does not solve the problem..

now if we can freeze-dry him for 2-3 years, then bring him in... i'm all for it...