View Poll Results: Which team has the best chance to make a playoff upset?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Indiana Pacers

0 0%
  • New Jersey Nets

0 0%
  • Golden State Warriors

1 12.50%
  • Denver Nuggets

2 25.00%
  • Philadelphia 76ers

2 25.00%
  • Atlanta Hawks

0 0%
  • Dallas Mavericks

2 25.00%
  • Houston Rockets

1 12.50%

Thread: NBA Playoffs-1st Round Upsets(possibilties)

Hybrid View

KnicksonLIN.com

Default NBA Playoffs-1st Round Upsets(possibilties)

Last year, the Golden State Warriors became just the 3rd team to ever knock out a first seed, as an 8th seed. They were also the only team to ever knock out a first seed, in a best of 7 series.

These are all the teams that have an opportunity to make a first round upset, if they clinch a playoff spot:

Eastern Conference

Philadelphia 76ers(7th Eastern Conference 38-37)
    Opponent the 76ers could upset: Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers, or
    Orlando Magic

Atlanta Hawks(8th Eastern Conference 35-40)
    Opponent the Hawks could upset: Boston Celtics

New Jersey Nets (9th Eastern Conference 31-44)
    Opponent the Nets could upset: Boston Celtics

Indiana Pacers(10th Eastern Conference 31-44)
    Opponent the Pacers could upset: Boston Celtics

Western Conference

Houston Rockets(6th Western Conference)
    Opponent Rockets could upset:Los Angeles Lakers or San Antonio Spurs

Dallas Mavericks(7th Western Conference)
    Opponent Mavs could upset:San Antonio Spurs

Denver Nuggets (8th Western Conference)
    Opponent Nuggests could upset: Hornets or Spurs

Golden State Warriors(9th Western Conference)
    Opponent Warriors could upset:Hornets or Spurs

Out of these 8 teams, which one do you think has the greatest chance of making a first round playoff upset?
    Last edited by abcd; Apr 03, 2008 at 20:39.

Good Thread ABCD. Does Toronto have a chance of upsettin Cleveland in the 1st round? Thats the most likely to me, but the Raptors i think mite actually be tied with the Cavs rite now. The raptors have the more complete team but the Cavs have lebron james.

In the West, the Rockets mite be able to pull of an upset but probally not. Their really gonna miss Yao Ming, it helps having a 7'6" player who can get easy baskets.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Good Thread ABCD. Does Toronto have a chance of upsettin Cleveland in the 1st round? Thats the most likely to me, but the Raptors i think mite actually be tied with the Cavs rite now. The raptors have the more complete team but the Cavs have lebron james.

In the West, the Rockets mite be able to pull of an upset but probally not. Their really gonna miss Yao Ming, it helps having a 7'6" player who can get easy baskets.
    nah i dont think the rockets could beat the spurs, lakers or hornets without yao, but i say that denver is dangerous. when u got 2 superstars like AI, nd melo, u gotta watch out. while i love cp3, i think the nuggets cud upset the hornets in 6 or 7 (not the spurs tho). this team has so much talent its really just up to them how far they go.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz34
    nah i dont think the rockets could beat the spurs, lakers or hornets without yao, but i say that denver is dangerous. when u got 2 superstars like AI, nd melo, u gotta watch out. while i love cp3, i think the nuggets cud upset the hornets in 6 or 7 (not the spurs tho). this team has so much talent its really just up to them how far they go.
    I voted for the Nuggets, their one of my favorite western conference teams because of camby and iverson. The WC playoffs will be great this year, better then ever. Im not lookin forward to the EC playoffs, the Celtics look like the best team but hopefully Detroit can stop them.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I voted for the Nuggets, their one of my favorite western conference teams because of camby and iverson. The WC playoffs will be great this year, better then ever. Im not lookin forward to the EC playoffs, the Celtics look like the best team but hopefully Detroit can stop them.
    trudat i jst cant wait for this regular season to end so i can stop seeing the knicks lose, nd i can see the WC playoffs. man the matchups r jst crzy good..but da east iz prob gonna be borin. the only interestin thing i wanna see if the wizards can mesh during the playoffs. i no their big three isnt the same as boston's but still they cud make some noice

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz34
    trudat i jst cant wait for this regular season to end so i can stop seeing the knicks lose, nd i can see the WC playoffs. man the matchups r jst crzy good..but da east iz prob gonna be borin. the only interestin thing i wanna see if the wizards can mesh during the playoffs. i no their big three isnt the same as boston's but still they cud make some noice
    caron butler is a star, hes really improved the last couple years. As long as the celtics lose ill be happy but if they do lose it mite not be until the finals. Whens gilbert arenas comin back, must be soon. Elton Brand was back last nite. He scored 19 points, looked good no homo.

KnicksonLIN.com

The Raptors are another team that might make an upset. They have playoff experience from last year, so they might put up a good fight against the Cavs.