NBA Playoffs-1st Round Upsets(possibilties)

Which team has the best chance to make a playoff upset?

• Indiana Pacers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Jersey Nets

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Denver Nuggets

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Philadelphia 76ers

• Atlanta Hawks

• Dallas Mavericks

• Houston Rockets

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Last year, the Golden State Warriors became just the 3rd team to ever knock out a first seed, as an 8th seed. They were also the only team to ever knock out a first seed, in a best of 7 series.

These are all the teams that have an opportunity to make a first round upset, if they clinch a playoff spot:

Eastern Conference

Philadelphia 76ers(7th Eastern Conference 38-37)
Opponent the 76ers could upset: Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers, or
Orlando Magic
phi_sixers.gif

Atlanta Hawks(8th Eastern Conference 35-40)
Opponent the Hawks could upset: Boston Celtics
atl_logo.gif

New Jersey Nets (9th Eastern Conference 31-44)
Opponent the Nets could upset: Boston Celtics
njn_logo.gif

Indiana Pacers(10th Eastern Conference 31-44)
Opponent the Pacers could upset: Boston Celtics
ind_logo.gif

Western Conference

Houston Rockets(6th Western Conference)
Opponent Rockets could upset:Los Angeles Lakers or San Antonio Spurs
hou_logo.gif

Dallas Mavericks(7th Western Conference)
Opponent Mavs could upset:San Antonio Spurs
dallas-mavericks.thumbnail.jpg

Denver Nuggets (8th Western Conference)
Opponent Nuggests could upset: Hornets or Spurs
g9944_u7828_den_logo%5B1%5D.gif

Golden State Warriors(9th Western Conference)
Opponent Warriors could upset:Hornets or Spurs
flying_logo.jpg

Out of these 8 teams, which one do you think has the greatest chance of making a first round playoff upset?

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Good Thread ABCD. Does Toronto have a chance of upsettin Cleveland in the 1st round? Thats the most likely to me, but the Raptors i think mite actually be tied with the Cavs rite now. The raptors have the more complete team but the Cavs have lebron james.

In the West, the Rockets mite be able to pull of an upset but probally not. Their really gonna miss Yao Ming, it helps having a 7'6" player who can get easy baskets.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Good Thread ABCD. Does Toronto have a chance of upsettin Cleveland in the 1st round? Thats the most likely to me, but the Raptors i think mite actually be tied with the Cavs rite now. The raptors have the more complete team but the Cavs have lebron james.

In the West, the Rockets mite be able to pull of an upset but probally not. Their really gonna miss Yao Ming, it helps having a 7'6" player who can get easy baskets.

nah i dont think the rockets could beat the spurs, lakers or hornets without yao, but i say that denver is dangerous. when u got 2 superstars like AI, nd melo, u gotta watch out. while i love cp3, i think the nuggets cud upset the hornets in 6 or 7 (not the spurs tho). this team has so much talent its really just up to them how far they go.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
nah i dont think the rockets could beat the spurs, lakers or hornets without yao, but i say that denver is dangerous. when u got 2 superstars like AI, nd melo, u gotta watch out. while i love cp3, i think the nuggets cud upset the hornets in 6 or 7 (not the spurs tho). this team has so much talent its really just up to them how far they go.

I voted for the Nuggets, their one of my favorite western conference teams because of camby and iverson. The WC playoffs will be great this year, better then ever. Im not lookin forward to the EC playoffs, the Celtics look like the best team but hopefully Detroit can stop them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Raptors are another team that might make an upset. They have playoff experience from last year, so they might put up a good fight against the Cavs.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I voted for the Nuggets, their one of my favorite western conference teams because of camby and iverson. The WC playoffs will be great this year, better then ever. Im not lookin forward to the EC playoffs, the Celtics look like the best team but hopefully Detroit can stop them.

trudat i jst cant wait for this regular season to end so i can stop seeing the knicks lose, nd i can see the WC playoffs. man the matchups r jst crzy good..but da east iz prob gonna be borin. the only interestin thing i wanna see if the wizards can mesh during the playoffs. i no their big three isnt the same as boston's but still they cud make some noice

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
trudat i jst cant wait for this regular season to end so i can stop seeing the knicks lose, nd i can see the WC playoffs. man the matchups r jst crzy good..but da east iz prob gonna be borin. the only interestin thing i wanna see if the wizards can mesh during the playoffs. i no their big three isnt the same as boston's but still they cud make some noice

caron butler is a star, hes really improved the last couple years. As long as the celtics lose ill be happy but if they do lose it mite not be until the finals. Whens gilbert arenas comin back, must be soon. Elton Brand was back last nite. He scored 19 points, looked good no homo.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
caron butler is a star, hes really improved the last couple years. As long as the celtics lose ill be happy but if they do lose it mite not be until the finals. Whens gilbert arenas comin back, must be soon. Elton Brand was back last nite. He scored 19 points, looked good no homo.

haha Agent Zero played last nite 2, he had like 17 points, i only saw the highlights tho, looked decent on offense, but was terrible on defense (he ended up givin the game winning shot to one of the Bucks players)..nd yea we all want the celtics to lose but i 2 dont think they will till the finals

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
talkin bout last nite, there was like 4 comebacks

dirk came bak nd the mavs killed the warriors
brand came bak nd the clippers killed the sonics
gasol came bak nd the lakers beat the t-blazers
nd arenas came bak but da wizards lost to the bucks

I could definitely see Philly putting up a tough fight against whoever they play and would give them the best shot for an upset. If healthy (including Gilbert) I wouldn't be shocked if the Wizards beat Cleveland or for that matter Orlando.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I could definitely see Philly putting up a tough fight against whoever they play and would give them the best shot for an upset. If healthy (including Gilbert) I wouldn't be shocked if the Wizards beat Cleveland or for that matter Orlando.
Me, too. I saw the 76ers play the Pistons a couple of years ago, and they actually were very competitive. Most of the games were close, and they actually won one of the games.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

The Wizards have played well without Agent zero (actually better then have played with him). I still dont think their a better team without him (not going with the stats). Once he gets his timing and everything back the Wizards can be a tough team in the playoffs. I also agree that Philly will put up a fight no matter who they play, its been a great year for them. Its good to see a team overachieve the way they have.

Me, too. I saw the 76ers play the Pistons a couple of years ago, and they actually were very competitive. Most of the games were close, and they actually won one of the games.

co-sign

Maurice cheeks has an outside shot at coach of the year. Id be suprised if he gets it by i think theres a strong arguement as to why he should get it (and as to why whoever fired billy king should be shot). I remember alot of people writing off the 76ers as being the one team that had no chance of making the playoffs. They were expected by many to be the worst team in the east, including myself.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You never know. The 76ers have a better backcourt than the Magic. If
Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala step it up in the Playoffs, I could see them winning 1 or 2 games.

yea i dont see phily winnin a series this season, they are just to young, but still i definetely see them winnin a game or two no matter who they play