Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donnie: Marbury is a key player

Banned

Stephon Marbury is a troublemaker and a heathen! Isiah Thomas is coach of the year caliber! I see my husband coach every game. I don't see why you people can't see that. Isiah's a superstar! He knows what he's doing. You just don't have any patience. It didn't take God 1 day to create the Earth. It took 6, and he rested on day 7. It's like watering a plant. It takes time and patience. Donnie Walsh does not have what it takes. He does not have the time nor the patience. He's going to ruin the Knicks for decades to come. Isiah's decision to have Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry is down to earth and healthy. You get two low post beasts that can dominate. I saw both of them make progress. You just gotta wait! Why can't you people wait?!
    Last edited by isiahswife; Apr 04, 2008 at 22:50.

Veteran

Originally Posted by isiahswife
    Stephon Marbury is a troublemaker and a heathen! Isiah Thomas is coach of the year caliber! I see my husband coach every game. I don't see why you people can't see that. Isiah's a superstar! He knows what he's doing. You just don't have any patience. It didn't take God 1 day to create the Earth. It took 6, and he rested on day 7. It's like watering a plant. It takes time and patience. Donnie Walsh does not have what it takes. He does not have the time nor the patience. He's going to ruin the Knicks for decades to come. Isiah's decision to have Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry is down to earth and healthy. You get two low post beasts that can dominate. I saw both of them make progress. You just gotta wait! Why can't you people wait?!

We been waiting since December 2003 when Isiah was hired.
    It is April 2008 and Isiah team record is 20-56 this season.
    Believe me you dont want to know his Knick WIN-LOST record.
    Isiah was a great player, lets leave it at that. He made enough money off the NBA, he should just invest in family, sons, daughters, nephews, nieces.
    Did you say God created the world in 6 days or 6 years?
    because the way Isiah is going on the 7th year he still wont be able to rest with a 12 win season team.
    Or you hav'nt notice that this Knick Team been going backwards since Layden had it.
    Knicks fans is not all that crazy about Walsh, but the replacement of Isiah makes a Knick Fan happy. This is New York! if your not a WINNER take the abuse...

P.S. dont be fooled if Walsh statement of "Key Player" turn out to be Jermain O'Neal 2 year contract for Marbury 1 year contract with David Lee included to make it an even salary trade.

Banned

Donnie Walsh will ruin the Knicks. The Knicks and Pacers were rivals all through the 90s. Walsh will try his best to make the Knicks pay for all their victories over the Pacers. That is why it was so important to keep Isiah as coach, president, and General Manager. James Dolan should have gave Isiah another 4 year extension for 48 million dollars. That way we keep Isiah. Now, whoever ends up with Isiah will have a legacy. That was what we were supposed to have.

Superstar

Look, Marbury should not be brought out period. The fact of the matter is, him healthly and in a right frame of mind, can bring the Knicks to the playoffs in the weak ass East. His contract could bring in a trade like the lakers did with Pau Gasol. With or without the Knicks drafting Rose, I still believe Marbury should be on this team for next season, unless an exceptional trade comes across the desk of Walsh

Originally Posted by isiahswife
    man ur either isiahthomas11, or some other h*mo jst waitin to get banned lol

Veteran

Nyk Logo

A second chance for Marbury?

April 4, 2008

We all know a wide majority of the fans want nothing more to do with Isiah Thomas because heís the architecht of this mess. Surviving this front office makeover will require the most convincing act of his charasmatic life. Winning a role in the latest phase of reconstruction will be considered a major upset.

So where does this leave Stephon Marbury?

I doubt there will be any moving trucks rumbling into the driveway of his stately home. Incoming president Donnie Walsh is convinced the Knicks must finally escape salary cap hell. He wants to go shopping for a marquee name in a couple of years, and that requires patience and planning.

Marbury just happens to have an expiring deal.

Letting him play out the final season of the contract is a financially prudent move. When the controversial playmaker leaves town, nearly $22 million come off the books. Malik Rose happens to be in the same boat. His departure clears roughly $8 million. Walsh isnít likely to run out and spend that money, either.

Quentin Richardson and Jerome James are done following the 2009-10 season, freeing up another $16 million. Along the way, the Knicks might want to extend David Lee and Nate Robinson. There will also be at least one draft pick slotted in, as well.

So despite all of his faults, it doesnít make a lot of sense to deal Marbury unless Walsh acquires useful players who donít have more than a year or two left. Good luck. He will visit with Marbury in the coming weeks, and undoubtedly give him a chance to explain. In the mean time, Iím wondering if anybody else is wondering if the Knicks should just buy him out.

Heís clearly not part of the future plans here, so why give him minutes? Heís got enough left to help the Knicks be more competitive, but will he work to establish a new attitude in the locker room?
    Let me know.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Marbury is back in full attack.